Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 15

Comprehensive list of PVP issues (not bugs) as of 1.2.6

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    @xsorusb14_ESO Ah crap I worded that wrong...The merchants there now sell better Vet gear for 1.3 with better prices, but in 1.4 there will be new merchants with even more better gear. Sorry about the confusion there.

This actually has me worried somewhat... I'm here to PvP, some amount of gearing up is fine.. but I'm worried about this turning into a gear grind game (if I'm not mistaken the panel session mentioned season gear, which has me VERY worried -- unless a season is like 6-12 months).

It depends, They've reduced the cost of the pvp gear on PTS a crapton, its down to 33k-36k per piece, which is far more reasonable then 1 million a piece.

Also gear will still come down to Set Bonuses as well... some of the PvP gear actually have pretty good set bonuses as well... and I can pretty much tell you that every single Duel wielder in this game will be using the Duel Wielding Axe/Necklace set from PVP gear next patch if the tooltip is correct (The Health/Stamina/Magicka on kill is now 156ish for each, with no ICD)
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont see why it needed a cooldown in the first place. How rapidly do they expect dual wielders to be killing people :neutral_face: Not staffers.
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont see why it needed a cooldown in the first place. How rapidly do they expect dual wielders to be killing people :neutral_face: Not staffers.

Steel Tornado Is actually one of the Best AOE's in the game for killing people.

Options
  • quakedawg_ESO
    quakedawg_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Good news. Thank you for the update!
    Pro Tip: Form a group of 4 and hang out with the zerg. Now you can claim you only run with 4. I'm l33t

'I've never died in AvA. Undefeated!'
    'My group of 4 will often take on 100+ with no problem. I have videos to prove it'
    'All the abilities on my keyboard require real skill to spam'
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

Awesome, thanks for the replies. Now could we maybe after months of reporting in forums and ingame get a response on the bugs that frustrate each and everyone of us everytime we go to Cyrodiil, mainly the unbreakable CC caused by different forms of CC on the same target?

Thanks in advance.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 26, 2014 9:01AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OP AGREED

Zerg Blob Pain Train Impulse spam has gotta change. I really don't have a suggestion though. Not certain if it's a nerf in order or if more effective abilities to counter the tactic. Negate is the key. Easier to get? Perhaps shorter term and mobile just like impulse? Poses problems too but I'm trying here.

Home/Guest- Pretty much agree but folks need to be able to switch campaigns for guilds and friends. - solution- get rid of Former Emperor perks.

Emperor Trading - Solution. Get rid of Former Emperor Perks

Forward Camps- Exactly.
    1. Supply chain should still need to be in place. It is considered a forward camp. Forward from presumably an established base of operations. The radius should be smaller but camps easier to place. You don't need totally flat ground to put up a tent. It's poles, rope and stakes.
    2. Need Guild Tents and Faction Tents.
    3. No Blood Porting. (It has a name it's so used.) Blood porting should not be a tactic.

Rewards- At least make them useful. I think I've used maybe 1 or 2 items given as AP rewards. These items are really only useful for gaining crafting materials and XP. Are their glyphs given for these rewards? I don't know but I've never seen one. People use the items for alts to level up. you know how hard it is to coordinate getting an enchanter to craft your mats to send back to deconstruct for a little better XP? The AP rewards skews the crafting system and materials economy...just sayin. Maybe fewer rewards that are actually good enough a player might use them. Maybe chance for blue and purple ?

Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Game does need Rez Sickness

My opinion is maybe Porting to a Forward Camp will give Rez sickness, porting to keep not under attack might not give rez sickness.

Also something needs to be done with Resources at keep, most of the time people are just blowing through the wall incredibly quickly while completely ignoring the resources.

There should be more incentive to take those resources first before knocking down the walls.

Right now taking resources just serves as a giant warning bell that the keep's about to be under attack. It only matters on a recently taken keep you want to retake (to keep the level low) or if you know there are defenders in there and you want to cut the transit before you hit the walls.

Yeap...

Hence why you just have people setup 20 Ballista's and break down the wall in about 2 to 3 minutes.

Whats sad is, if the Forward Camps didn't exist like they did right now, There would be no way to defend a keep in time before the walls got knocked down.

So its 2 separate issues, both are bad for the game, but both are needed right now to counter the other.

Part of the problem is back to #2 in OP about jumping campaigns. Show some action on a locked map and an Emp and guild zerg come to quash it (from other campaigns). Balance is messed up by the ease of jumping campaigns.

It would make sense taking resources instead of surprise zerging keep if the resources made more of a difference instead of just signalling opposition to your presence.

I agree about the FC issue although also see the benefit to an Alliance locked to their gate.

RE: AOE limits in the notes and mentioned by Jessica, I wouldn't want to go back to AOE hitting all in their path. It leaves the opening for a few to handle larger numbers which can limit competition. If the AOE being talked about is the Destruction staff elemental stacking I see the validity in considering changes.
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously? Why havent I seen it then, ever.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RE: AOE limits in the notes and mentioned by Jessica, I wouldn't want to go back to AOE hitting all in their path. It leaves the opening for a few to handle larger numbers which can limit competition. If the AOE being talked about is the Destruction staff elemental stacking I see the validity in considering changes.

That's why I prefer concentric radius grades for AOE effects. Those right on top of the caster/center of impact take 100% effect. Those X distance away take 75%. Then 50% for the next "ring", and finally 25%. There is no maximum number of players affected though other than how many can cram into each concentric ring in the AOE.

If people want to bunch together tightly, then BAM, hit that zerg ball with an offensive AOE spell and several will take 75-100% damage while many more take 25-50% damage. On the other hand, if someone wants to use something like bat swarm and folks move just a bit away from the vampire caster, they don't take as much damage and can still move back in for melee attacks rather quickly as opposed to running way out and having to charge back in.

Edited by tinythinker on July 26, 2014 3:52PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because everyone is light armor build ? Steel tornado is 12 meter radius and does less damage then impulse at the start, however once the player drops below 50% it starts out damaging impulse by a lot. 800 damage crits are fairly common
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

Awesome, thanks for the replies. Now could we maybe after months of reporting in forums and ingame get a response on the bugs that frustrate each and everyone of us everytime we go to Cyrodiil, mainly the unbreakable CC caused by different forms of CC on the same target?

Thanks in advance.

1.3 is supposed to fix the unbreakable cc issue. Supposed to. We'll see.
    Options
  • Trayyacakes
    Trayyacakes
    ✭✭✭✭

Mainly because it uses stamina. You can't spam it and keep immovable up. You can't spam it and block for long at all. Less stam for "break free." Less stam for rolling out of roots.

You know all the main reasons stamina builds suck compared to magicka builds. Also It would work best with a medium armor build which gives up a ton of spell penetration.
    Bjorn Uldnost
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    Agreed Leo. I have gotten off a horse in the middle of a green field with no mobs or enemy players in sight - hit maneuvers - BAM I am in combat. so frustrating at this point I run a lot of places because I just know I am not gonna mount anytime soon.

Yep. I have even been a corpse before waiting for a rez and watched myself go in and out of combat while dead.

simply_zps611f8dfe.png
    Edited by Armitas on July 26, 2014 8:33PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a thread about bugs.

With that out of the way, there are major pvp issues that cause a detrimental experience in Cyrodiil and should get the devs' attention.

1. Aoe caps causing zergballs. A whole thread about it here. Basically, the current meta is 'follow the leader, press 1-2 buttons, win game' is stale and unfun for many people.

2. Home vs. guesting, and pvp buffs. Firstly, pvp buffs should only apply in pvp, having them for pve is silly - and I say this despite knowingly using first round AB/DB for my leveling buffs. It encourages guester zergs from unicolor campaigns to destroy real, contested campaigns due to buffs and the former emperor nonsense. There should only be buffs from the current campaign, or no guesting.

3. Emperor trading/former emperor buffs. The former buffs are small but significant enough that a whole raid of FEs will be more effective in both pvp and pve. Former emp should be only available in the campaign it was obtained, IMO. Other solutions possible, thread can be found here and here and others

4. Forward camps. Supply lines and map coverage currently mean nothing when you can suicide port to any place on the map with a camp. Also, having random people use up your camps (which are pricey) and not replace them is frustrating, especially if those people have no concept of what it is you are trying to accomplish. It also allows cross faction trolls/spies to interfere by abusing the overlap radius. More can be found in the main thread here

5. The rewards/AP/gear system. This is getting some changes to it, which is nice, but the 'send you random bag of nonsense' for every chunk of AP method is really inconvenient for many people, as can be seen here

These are the most important (in order of priority) and we as a community would love it if there was an actual response to these

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌ @ZOS_SandraF‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

AoE caps is always your biggest problem, and not that pulsar does -10% health PLUS 600+ AOE damage... Yea right cap is the biggest problem.... It should do half damage first.
    Options
  • frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    frosth.darkomenb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »

With that out of the way, there are major pvp issues that cause a detrimental experience in Cyrodiil and should get the devs' attention.

1. Aoe caps causing zergballs. A whole thread about it here. Basically, the current meta is 'follow the leader, press 1-2 buttons, win game' is stale and unfun for many people.

2. Home vs. guesting, and pvp buffs. Firstly, pvp buffs should only apply in pvp, having them for pve is silly - and I say this despite knowingly using first round AB/DB for my leveling buffs. It encourages guester zergs from unicolor campaigns to destroy real, contested campaigns due to buffs and the former emperor nonsense. There should only be buffs from the current campaign, or no guesting.

3. Emperor trading/former emperor buffs. The former buffs are small but significant enough that a whole raid of FEs will be more effective in both pvp and pve. Former emp should be only available in the campaign it was obtained, IMO. Other solutions possible, thread can be found here and here and others

4. Forward camps. Supply lines and map coverage currently mean nothing when you can suicide port to any place on the map with a camp. Also, having random people use up your camps (which are pricey) and not replace them is frustrating, especially if those people have no concept of what it is you are trying to accomplish. It also allows cross faction trolls/spies to interfere by abusing the overlap radius. More can be found in the main thread here

5. The rewards/AP/gear system. This is getting some changes to it, which is nice, but the 'send you random bag of nonsense' for every chunk of AP method is really inconvenient for many people, as can be seen here

These are the most important (in order of priority) and we as a community would love it if there was an actual response to these

AoE caps is always your biggest problem, and not that pulsar does -10% health PLUS 600+ AOE damage... Yea right cap is the biggest problem.... It should do half damage first.

Because having one ability unbalanced is less important than having a core game mechanic broken.

Both should be fixed, but one has higher priority.
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kypho wrote: »

And those are still not even pulsar's biggest problems
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploits.

I'm sick to death of the amount of people who immediately jump on the next known exploit bandwagon every time a new one appears.

Currently there are:

1) mist/swarm exploiters running multiple swarms in a row
    2) groups of people purposefully setting their skills up to induce unbreakable cc
    3) people inducing the speed bug on themselves
    4) macros
    5) animation cancelling

There needs to be a quicker response to these violations... and actual bans. Maybe not perma-bans... but some form of viable discouragement nonetheless.
    Options
  • Krinaman
    Krinaman
    ✭✭✭
    I would add faction balance to the list.

The only times campaigns are balanced now is when all three factions are capped. But even on Wabba there are times where two factions are locked while one is at 2 bars. When that happens the 2 bar faction just gets steamrolled.
    Options
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Krinaman wrote: »
    I would add faction balance to the list.

The only times campaigns are balanced now is when all three factions are capped. But even on Wabba there are times where two factions are locked while one is at 2 bars. When that happens the 2 bar faction just gets steamrolled.

On the lower population campaigns it appears that one group of perhaps 16-20 including an Emperor can effectively lock down a campaign and discourage competition. The ease and speed of traveling between campaigns and utilizing Transitus and/or Forward Camps makes it simple to respond to activity and shut it down even across campaigns. All it takes is a strong guild and communication.

Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Exploits.

I'm sick to death of the amount of people who immediately jump on the next known exploit bandwagon every time a new one appears.

Currently there are:

2) groups of people purposefully setting their skills up to induce unbreakable cc
    4) macros
    5) animation cancelling

There needs to be a quicker response to these violations... and actual bans. Maybe not perma-bans... but some form of viable discouragement nonetheless.

Bans for animation cancelling?

LOL
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Exploits.

Currently there are:

4) macros
    5) animation cancelling

Bans for animation cancelling?

LOL

Is that you Hodor?
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want to add that ability delay and weapon lag, etc. are still quite horrible in extremely large-scale fights (like 100 vs 100), which are a compound problem:

Skill delay making any kind of casting/ skillfull play impossible, actually encouraging single skill spam.

The presence of forward camps making the issue many times worse due to constant influx of respawned players

Zerg 'immunity' due to aoe caps
    Options
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mainly because it uses stamina. You can't spam it and keep immovable up. You can't spam it and block for long at all. Less stam for "break free." Less stam for rolling out of roots.

You know all the main reasons stamina builds suck compared to magicka builds. Also It would work best with a medium armor build which gives up a ton of spell penetration.

Ok, then steel tornado, more damage at certain times or not, is unviable and not the best AOE for killing people until they fix it. Impulse remains better.

Also, whirlwind can be blocked yes?
    Options
  • aksyong
    aksyong
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    bitaken wrote: »
    Agreed Leo. I have gotten off a horse in the middle of a green field with no mobs or enemy players in sight - hit maneuvers - BAM I am in combat. so frustrating at this point I run a lot of places because I just know I am not gonna mount anytime soon.

Yep. I have even been a corpse before waiting for a rez and watched myself go in and out of combat while dead.

simply_zps611f8dfe.png

This is very much the truth. I have seen my brother's DK get engaged in combat, both of us dying, and respawning, and I've been out of combat when I respawn, but he gets stuck in combat for like 5 minutes. Ridiculous.
    NA Daggerfall
    The Three Brothers
    安特卫普 - Antwerp
    意大利牧师 - Italian Priest
    Options
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised stealth was not mentioned. Since release the stealth mechanics in Cyrodiil have been inconsistent at best. It really does leave a play style (stealthy) almost impractical.
    Options
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want 3 issues that bug the hell out of me?

1) Slaughter fish EVERYWHERE. Many times even in the shallows where they should never be. Imho, there should be no slaughter fish in Cyrodiil. This is not the open sea and there is no chance of swimming somewhere we shouldn't be (which is essentially what they are there for). Why the hell should I not be allowed to swim across a lake to flank an enemy group? It's completely ridiculous.

2) I can't speak for DC since I don't get there too often but the AD mile gates along with many AD choke points seem set up more to the advantage of the defender. One mile gate in particular is nothing but a steep upward slope meaning it's impossible to place/use siege since there is no level ground and what there is is too far away to be effective. Higher ground gives the defender a decided advantage. Both of EP's mile gates on the other hand have numerous spots to place siege and are nothing more than gentle slopes.

Choke points need to be reassessed imho to give BOTH the attacker and defender opportunities to use siege.

3) Keeps are WAY too easy to take. The constant keep flipping is often times impossible because of how quickly a small organized group can drop a wall(s) and take the keep. Small groups can also go in late at night and surgical strike the keeps necessary to open the mile gates and take the scrolls with little resistance

Now I'm not saying boost ALL keeps defenses but the closer you get to the mile gates the more difficult it should be. This can be done by paying points to upgrade guards, having thicker/more resistant walls and the like.

As to the initial presented issues.....

Sorc AoE spamming groups (TP in and AoE bomb) or DK groups with SoM make a mockery of trying to defend positions like the inner keep flags.

Forward camps I like when my side uses them but HATE them when the enemy just drops one so people can die and keep coming back to the fight, even though we have shut down porting in. So I would be more than happy if they were removed. It should be MUCH more difficult to keep and maintain your forces the closer you get to an enemy home.

This would also make rezzing people much more important.
    Edited by PlagueMonk on July 30, 2014 7:03AM
    Options
  • Atreius86
    Atreius86
    Soul Shriven
    Question for devs and people in pts:
    Are the fps problems totally resolved in 1.3?
    Cause there's still a lot of people with good machines that drops to 8/15 fps near the big fights.
    Options
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    You want 3 issues that bug the hell out of me?

1) Slaughter fish EVERYWHERE. Many times even in the shallows where they should never be. Imho, there should be no slaughter fish in Cyrodiil. This is not the open sea and there is no chance of swimming somewhere we shouldn't be (which is essentially what they are there for). Why the hell should I not be allowed to swim across a lake to flank an enemy group? It's completely ridiculous.

2) I can't speak for DC since I don't get there too often but the AD mile gates along with many AD choke points seem set up more to the advantage of the defender. One mile gate in particular is nothing but a steep upward slope meaning it's impossible to place/use siege since there is no level ground and what there is is too far away to be effective. Higher ground gives the defender a decided advantage. Both of EP's mile gates on the other hand have numerous spots to place siege and are nothing more than gentle slopes.

Choke points need to be reassessed imho to give BOTH the attacker and defender opportunities to use siege.

3) Keeps are WAY too easy to take. The constant keep flipping is often times impossible because of how quickly a small organized group can drop a wall(s) and take the keep. Small groups can also go in late at night and surgical strike the keeps necessary to open the mile gates and take the scrolls with little resistance

Now I'm not saying boost ALL keeps defenses but the closer you get to the mile gates the more difficult it should be. This can be done by paying points to upgrade guards, having thicker/more resistant walls and the like.

As to the initial presented issues.....

Sorc AoE spamming groups (TP in and AoE bomb) or DK groups with SoM make a mockery of trying to defend positions like the inner keep flags.

Forward camps I like when my side uses them but HATE them when the enemy just drops one so people can die and keep coming back to the fight, even though we have shut down porting in. So I would be more than happy if they were removed. It should be MUCH more difficult to keep and maintain your forces the closer you get to an enemy home.

This would also make rezzing people much more important.

Pretty sure you've got the whole thing backwards.

Defending a keep when outnumbered (depends on which keep of course, some are far easier) is much easier than taking it due to oil, camp proximity, guard support, walls, etc. An enemy force has to be very much on the top of keeping camps down, guards down, not being in oil, maintaining the breach, keeping their camps up, etc.

I don't really know about mile gates, they serve nothing more than a small artificial AP farm for people with nothing better to do. You can avoid them, or rush past them with purge, etc etc. Not an issue.

Scroll temples are a little interesting, and it seems the guards there get a little buff next patch, Currently they are a little weak to offense due to the open space but you should be able to overwhelm the enemy due to spawn advantage and with keeping their camps down.

Slaughterfish - these are the other alternative to mile gates and mountains, nothing more. They serve as choke/scout points to track enemy movements (on the bridge). Otherwise invading enemy land would be stupidly easy.
    Options
  • gendarkb16_ESO
    gendarkb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Atreius86 wrote: »
    Question for devs and people in pts:
    Are the fps problems totally resolved in 1.3?
    Cause there's still a lot of people with good machines that drops to 8/15 fps near the big fights.

i also want to know this, are the fps lost (just for being near a fight XD, not on your screen) fixed yet ?

Options
  • Anomaly 2
    Anomaly 2
    ✭✭

1. Zergs are an awful strategy and easy to wipe out because of the mindless mentality behind it. Have wiped massive zergs while in a raid of 24 just because we had players who were on Team Speak and could communicate and work as Military force to combat other players. Not just spam spells.
    2. Agree a lot needs to be changed with the whole Home and guesting mechanics but this has already been stated by ZOS that they are discussing it.
    3. Oh cool in 1.3 all emp buffs will be uselss because of the new campaigns. ZOS should leave as it is because once the new patch comes out all emp trading will stop, its just not going to be possible to get away with so many less servers.
    4. The one thing I think should be changed about forward camps is make it so only those in your group can use them, it is frustrating getting a camp used up when only a few of your group used it. However I have zero ideas how to make this work properly so since I cant offer a proper suggestion I would have to go with leave it alone. Also there arent anymore cross faction spies, this was fixed by not allowing a player to have multiple characters of different factions on the same server. This has been fixed awhile ago try to stay up to date.
    5. Agree. Agree.Agree. PvP rewards are better now but a lot of work needs to be done for the end of campaign rewards. I'm sorry I just don't want gold for a reward. It just feels meaningless especially that lowly 42k. I've heard dozens of suggestions, lots of creative ones.. others not so much but all of them better then why ZOS came up with,
    Options