Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Defeat Molag Bal

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the problem that you are getting roasted by his fire attacks? Have you looked into applying Fire Resistance glyphs to your jewelry? If you are having difficulty staying out of the fire, maybe those glyphs will make that less of a concern.
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Is the problem that you are getting roasted by his fire attacks? Have you looked into applying Fire Resistance glyphs to your jewelry? If you are having difficulty staying out of the fire, maybe those glyphs will make that less of a concern.

Ill look into that, thanks
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    If that is OK with ZOS then letting him do that run is my only option. I could then advance on my own again.

I'm sure ZOS does not care at all. Why would they?

Go for it. That is really an endurance test and not much else, I was quite disappointed.
  • fougerec99b16_ESO
    fougerec99b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure ZOS does not care at all. Why would they?

Some companies are very...uncompromising when it comes to sharing accounts. People have been banned for it. Sounds like the OP really enjoys the game and is having a hard go of a fight and wants to make sure that if he has his son play and do the battle for him he doesn't suffer any flack from the company for it. The TOS seems to only indicate that you're ultimately responsible for the account.

Personally I found Molag Bal significantly easier that Manimarco and defeated him at level 48 (Templar, Heavy Armor, 2 Handed Weapon) without dropping below 50% health. I hope the OP finds a way to succeed as well :)
    Edited by fougerec99b16_ESO on August 20, 2014 12:04AM
  • Circuitous
    Circuitous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're a templar, use Puncturing Sweep. That's literally all you have to do. Akatosh's Blessing boosts your damage so much, you'll heal for about 1k off every hit. Nab a resto staff or potions if you need magicka.

Avoid his extremely obvious AOEs with a roll and you're totally set.
    Edited by Circuitous on August 21, 2014 3:51PM
    Thank Stendarr it’s Fredas.
    Elanirne: Altmer Templar Healer, DC
    Auria Dolabella: Imperial Nightblade Tank, DC
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i have studied every you tube on this fight, listened to all advice, but unless someone can send me their arm, I cannot fight him. I have spent 3 weeks doing this battle over and over, but get as far as his minions coming out. I can only use my right arm, and No, i cannot afford new mouse etc, but it was FUN TRYING. I just cannot run, heal and hit him over and over, and im level 50 templar.

I wish there was more that I could do to help you. Believe me, I know it can be frustrating at times. Make sure you take a good food buff before the fight. Something that will increase at least Health and Magica. If you need something, I would be happy to provide some food appropriate to your level. I don't have any Purple level recipes yet, but have plenty of Blue level.

Also I would recommend doing some shopping for some potions. Although it might cost a bit of gold, you should be able to find some really good potions at the Guild Trader kiosks that will bump up Health, Magica, and Stamina during battle with Molag and his minions.

And craft the best armor using some of the Special crafting locations. I'm not sure what Templars need the most, but us Sorcs are always looking for ways to bump up our Spell Crit, Magica, and Health. Again, if you need something, I would be happy to craft a full set of Light Armor at just about any of the special crafting stations (6 traits) at no charge up to green level. If you want anything at Blue, Purple, or Gold (Legendary), then I'll need help with some of the materials. Just let me know.

Good luck with your fight, and I look forward to seeing your announcement when you defeat the big guy!
    Edited by Ashtaris on August 21, 2014 9:11PM
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    i have studied every you tube on this fight, listened to all advice, but unless someone can send me their arm, I cannot fight him. I have spent 3 weeks doing this battle over and over, but get as far as his minions coming out. I can only use my right arm, and No, i cannot afford new mouse etc, but it was FUN TRYING. I just cannot run, heal and hit him over and over, and im level 50 templar.

I wish there was more that I could do to help you. Believe me, I know it can be frustrating at times. Make sure you take a good food buff before the fight. Something that will increase at least Health and Magica. If you need something, I would be happy to provide some food appropriate to your level. I don't have any Purple level recipes yet, but have plenty of Blue level.

Also I would recommend doing some shopping for some potions. Although it might cost a bit of gold, you should be able to find some really good potions at the Guild Trader kiosks that will bump up Health, Magica, and Stamina during battle with Molag and his minions.

And craft the best armor using some of the Special crafting locations. I'm not sure what Templars need the most, but us Sorcs are always looking for ways to bump up our Spell Crit, Magica, and Health. Again, if you need something, I would be happy to craft a full set of Light Armor at just about any of the special crafting stations (6 traits) at no charge up to green level. If you want anything at Blue, Purple, or Gold (Legendary), then I'll need help with some of the materials. Just let me know.

Good luck with your fight, and I look forward to seeing your announcement when you defeat the big guy!

For the OP I will supply potions and food and armor and weapons. Might as well make use of this carefully built and powerful resource.

I can do a pile of blue 50 foods. VR5 is the next stop in food. My Provisioner is maxed out and we have a vast supply of ingredients. He actually knows Consummate Sweetroll. ;)

My potions are pretty slick these day and I can make amazing things. How about all three, health, stamina and magic is my standard these days and I can do Weapon Power, Weapon crit and health or stamina, the same with Spell.

I can do armor and weapons all kinds up to 6 trait as well. My Enchanter can make VR1 -VR3 stuff so you are no problem to outfit.

I can do all this at VR1 no problem.

We can make you OP! Or perhaps your son. ;)

LOL
    Edited by poodlemasterb16_ESO on August 21, 2014 10:16PM
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Well, I could do with better armor, add me in game im @Ladygothica63
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll shoot you some potions a bit later.
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks so much
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I will do so. Also sent you a PM. You will need to let me know what kind of set you would like (Willows Path, Seducer, etc.), what traits, and what quality of armor you are looking for (Green, Blue, etc.) You mentioned earlier that you were level 50, correct?

• lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I will do so. Also sent you a PM. You will need to let me know what kind of set you would like (Willows Path, Seducer, etc.), what traits, and what quality of armor you are looking for (Green, Blue, etc.) You mentioned earlier that you were level 50, correct?

Im lev 50 templar using dest staff. I made myself green armor, heavy level 50. I, m not sure which set of armor is best for molan bal, I added armor traits. I made some v1 armor but could not find any glymps for it.
    51.Having a break, I chopped the tip off my finger in R/L.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mate, I wish you all the luck in the world to get past this. If your son plays the game, then get him to try and complete the fight for him.

If not, ZoS, fer gawds sake, help this guy out! :)

@Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭

Im lev 50 templar using dest staff. I made myself green armor, heavy level 50. I, m not sure which set of armor is best for molan bal, I added armor traits. I made some v1 armor but could not find any glymps for it.

Op, I tried adding you but couldn't seem to find you. Maybe I spelled it wrong.

I beat Molag Bal w/ my templar using S/B. I used Heavy on Chest and Legs, LA on the rest. Dropped gear. Nothing crafted. Only templar abilities I used was blazing shield and the cleanse. I just wailed him w/ my sword. I just walked to the side when he starts channeling his firebreath, holding block at the same time. I actually got hit a few times but my health never dropped below 80%. I also bound my dodge roll to a single key, same as my interrupt. I fought him at point blank range, toe to toe. Everytime he jumps, I press my single button dodge-roll to avoid the aoe. Blocked the whole time when the adds came and reflected their attacks. I used the same strategy w/ my DK tank. But I felt my templar did better. I actually found it easier than fighting him in range w/ my sorc and NB.

Also send me your address, I'll send you the mouse.
    Edited by felinith66 on August 22, 2014 10:17AM
  • tiamak
    tiamak
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic: I scanned through this thread, and I've got to say that it's so refreshing compared to all those threads about what's wrong with this game. The community, or at least parts of it, certainly isn't! :)
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    felinith66 wrote: »

Op, I tried adding you but couldn't seem to find you. Maybe I spelled it wrong.

I beat Molag Bal w/ my templar using S/B. I used Heavy on Chest and Legs, LA on the rest. Dropped gear. Nothing crafted. Only templar abilities I used was blazing shield and the cleanse. I just wailed him w/ my sword. I just walked to the side when he starts channeling his firebreath, holding block at the same time. I actually got hit a few times but my health never dropped below 80%. I also bound my dodge roll to a single key, same as my interrupt. I fought him at point blank range, toe to toe. Everytime he jumps, I press my single button dodge-roll to avoid the aoe. Blocked the whole time when the adds came and reflected their attacks. I used the same strategy w/ my DK tank. But I felt my templar did better. I actually found it easier than fighting him in range w/ my sorc and NB.

Also send me your address, I'll send you the mouse.

Sorry you could not find me, my addy is [snip].i may have spelled it wrong too, or we might not be on the same alliance. I recently had my account name changed because i was being harrassed in game formbeing disabled.
    The one thing i noticed fimting Molan Bal, was that my health dropped too quickly, i will look intot that now as i will be logging on very soon. i

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Sharing Personal Information]
    Edited by ZOS_SandraF on August 23, 2014 12:51AM
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK it's the OPs turn. Some details as to present build and armor will be a place to start.

The sword and shield is not a big help. I would not run that on a sorc at all. I have a tanky sorc for experimenting and two handed is not all that great either, perhaps dual wielding is best for a sorc, but a sorc's strength is DPS, not melee. I run a resto staff on my very successful Vampire Witch's off hand and I can slot Regeneration which heals pretty well. I don't usually, but I can. She is all power so it was tricky at Molag Bal as her 'if it's dead it can't hurt me' approach does not work there.

A good food buff and a boatload of fancy potions should help as well as an equipment upgrade. I can soft cap my witch in light armor with armor bling and one should keep in mind that heavy is pretty well useless here.

Anyhoo, let us not give up, we can make this work.
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Op, how many minutes before your hand freezes? Have you reached Molag Bal? Or are you still having problems w/ the mobs before him? If you are, the Daedra aren't the ones one-shotting you, It's Molag Bal hitting you w/ his AOE from distance. Keep an eye on the ground, you will see a red circle that grows really big while you're fighting the adds. Don't stand on it.

When you fight Molag Bal there are four major attacks you need to avoid or mitigate. The first 3 happens in sequence. A heavy attack with his club that stuns you, followed by fiery breath that knocks you back, and then he jumps and does AOE damage when he lands. The 4th attack is him flinging blue balls of energy at you. He does this after you destroy the Titans he summons. The balls are also AOE and you can see the telegraphs on the ground. Don't stand on the red :wink:

I suggest just using light attacks on him. Remember, you are buffed to godlike levels in this fight, you don't really need your skills to attack him. One, they don't do that much damage to him anyway. And two, you need your resources for heals, damage mitigation, and avoidance.

As others have said, it's an endurance fight, as long as you don't get hit w/ his special attacks multiple times, you'll be okay.
    Edited by felinith66 on August 23, 2014 10:45PM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the things to remember about that fight with MB, and I'm including everything after "the ritual."

The ritual grants you super powers. You don't need any of your skills, just the basics (dodge, block, break CC, light/heavy attacks). You are as close to godlike as you're ever going to be in this game. You need to adjust your thinking and use your new strengths. The rest of it doesn't matter.

If you haven't, once the ritual is done, hit ESC and have a look at yourself. Do you recognize that armor? Get a screenshot, you may never get to wear it again. The light beams streaming from you that make it so hard to see? Yeah, that's another clue.

I think much of the problems with this fight stem from a failure to recognize that the rules have been changed very much in your favor. I understand that players sometimes have disabilities to deal with; this comment is for those of you who don't face those challenges.

You 1-shot practically everything, as in super-crit, as in vaporize. Block spells, send them shooting back, vaporize the sender. Every block heals you. You block those Titans, it kills them. No need to target them. Evade MB's fireballs, dodge/roll when he jumps (doesn't matter where, just don't stand in one place).

Take your time, keep hitting him with light/heavy, and keep moving. Block everything else. If you have a self heal, use it. Take plenty of pots, because you'll make mistakes. It's pretty intense, and (sigh) sometimes you'll get hit with lag spikes.

You just have to take his health down far enough for the Big Finishing Move, at which point the game takes over. Done. It might take a while, but this is the end point of a long series of encounters in this game where sustain wins; cleverness is not required.

Perhaps this might encourage those of you who are challenged in these ways, too. All it takes is the basics you learned in Wailing Prison. Yeah, that's a lot, I know, but still, it is simplifying to know this, hopefully.

Look at that armor again. You don't have to be a trials champion to beat MB.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just to let everyone know, the OP did finally defeat Molag so she is all set now. I know she appreciated everyone's help and advice.
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must say great work for everyone coming together on this! Amazing thread indeed
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let everyone know, the OP did finally defeat Molag so she is all set now. I know she appreciated everyone's help and advice.

yes, that is correct. i really appreciate everything that was done to help me. i learnt so much, and can finally see what lies ahead. thanks
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, that is correct. i really appreciate everything that was done to help me. i learnt so much, and can finally see what lies ahead. thanks

Meanwhile, I'm sure that there are many others who have gained insight and encouragement from this thread. I for one am happy to see a pause in the endless bickering. There is a better side to these forums.
  • felinith66
    felinith66
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I'm getting confused. Is theyancey and lycanslerwb the same person? And charlie.thomasb16_ESO is the OP, right? My last post was directed to theyancey.
    Edited by felinith66 on August 25, 2014 12:56PM
  • Greywolf46
    Greywolf46
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with Molag Bal. But what I found the biggest help to me after finally killing him with my NB and Templar was to NOT GET IN A RUSH TO KILL HIM. Take your time. Never quit running, whether you kill him ranged or melee; hit and retreat and most importantly stay out of the “stupid me” zones. You know them….the red circles on the ground that tell you something really bad is about to hit you. I would hit him generally a few licks then back off and heal up. For my NB I used the Mages Guild skill Entropy to help heal up while staying out of harms way.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep moving. If you try to stay behind him you'll be ok. As for his minons, lots of cc aoe and keep them at a distance too. This doesn't mean you can't use melee. I beat him with DK melee. Used a lot of hit an run, peppering him with light attacks. I also had silver shards which really helped. It's really my only ranged attack. Stick and move, stick and move. Took me 3 times b4 I figured out a good game plan. It can be done!
    GLHF
    Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on August 25, 2014 5:23PM
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • lycanslerwb17_ESO
    lycanslerwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    felinith66 wrote: »
    Lol I'm getting confused. Is theyancey and lycanslerwb the same person? And charlie.thomasb16_ESO is the OP, right? My last post was directed to theyancey.

Sorry I am not theyancy. I am just me.
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just TheYancey too. Still can't beat him. Will respect and put all points into health and try again. :(
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    I'm just TheYancey too. Still can't beat him. Will respect and put all points into health and try again. :(

Shoot me a PM when you are ready and I'll send you some potions.
  • Korinth
    Korinth
    ✭✭✭
    Nice thread...so refreshing seeing people wanting the OP to succeed and offering not just advice but to craft armor, weaps, potions, food!!!

Gives me hope for this community!
    Guild Officer
    Tamriel Transport Co.

tusc.enjin.com/home