Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I feel bad for the people who already got their v12 legendary gear

Erock25
Erock25
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Some very major changes to gear sets

Crafted
i.imgur.com/BWxp4bq.png

Pvp
i.imgur.com/o0AKGwL.png

16% weapon crit possible with two four piece bonuses. Too bad impenetrable trait makes it pointless.

Edited by Erock25 on July 10, 2014 2:13PM
You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Tobiz
    Tobiz
    ✭✭✭
    your links doesnt work
    Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Works for me. Maybe it's because I'm on a phone? OH well
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Noshiz
    Noshiz
    ✭✭
    I like that they made the sets much stronger, i do feel bad tho for willows since both me and a lot of players are using it. But overall the changes are good, i like them.
    Options
  • Cyanhide
    Cyanhide
    ✭✭✭
    o0AKGwL.png
    BWxp4bq.png

fixed.
    Options
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we know if these new values stack?

If they do, then it looks like there are some nice changes coming to armor.

Options
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. The set on Willow looks very weak. Maybe this was a way to punish the overpowered stick and dress builds, which used willow as one of the most common set.

Looks promising for Stamina builds.
    Options
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah no plans here to use any of my legendary upgrades until I have so much stocked up I wont have to worry about collecting them again, I can live with just being in Epic gear for a while
    Options
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dont feel bad for me... I got 860k gold. Il manage somehow.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AreoHotah wrote: »

Can I haz some?
    Options
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »

Can I haz some?

mee too
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka users are losing 6% spell crit for no reason. Hopefully this is addresses before the patch goes live, but I doubt it will be.
    Options
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭

Can I haz some?

If i made it then you can make it.
    PS : I never sold a motif

Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can I haz some?

Are you a Lusty Argonian Maid that made her money from offering cleaning services?
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭

Can I haz some?

Are you a Lusty Argonian Maid that made her money from offering cleaning services?

Hehe, no. Im a master crafter. Been doing it since day one. I can make almost anything. Making 20-40k gold a day just from crafting. So yeah i hope they change set bonuses every month that way i have something to spend gold on.
    Edited by AreoHotah on July 10, 2014 4:07PM

Options
  • NorthernFury
    NorthernFury
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. I just made a bunch of night mother's gaze last night for one of my casters. What a waste of mats.

Skadi Storm-Blade - VR14 Altmer Sorcerer
    Brynnhild Valkyrja - VR12 Nord DragonKnight
    Haakon Hardrada - VR12 Nord Templar
    Sanguine's Tester (retired)

Cattle die
    kinsmen die
    all men are mortal.
    Words of praise
    will never perish
    nor a noble name.

- The Havamal
    Options
  • Amerigo
    Amerigo
    ✭✭
    Max crit chance you can get from sets :

Patch 1.2
    Spell Crit 10%
    Weapon Crit 5%

Patch 1.3
    Spell Crit 4%
    Weapon Crit 16%

Is that called "balancing"?
    In loving memory of Angie Stower

Neither a borrower nor a lender be, for loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. - William Shakespeare
    Options
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amerigo wrote: »

Patch 1.2
    Spell Crit 10%
    Weapon Crit 5%

Patch 1.3
    Spell Crit 4%
    Weapon Crit 16%

I play spellcaster and seems fair to be, because mage light gives such a ridiculous bonus.
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why anyone would feel bad. I like some of these sets and 5 trait bonuses even better now (thanks to the additional bonuses), especially several of them in particular.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on July 10, 2014 4:37PM
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeratus wrote: »

Patch 1.2
    Spell Crit 10%
    Weapon Crit 5%

Patch 1.3
    Spell Crit 4%
    Weapon Crit 16%

I play spellcaster and seems fair to be, because mage light gives such a ridiculous bonus.

Im a mage as well, and I actually agree too, I have 50% spell crit right now, and no where can weapon crits get near me, with the changes it seems to be more balanced for sure
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure why anyone would feel bad. I like some of these sets and 5 trait bonuses even better now (thanks to the additional bonuses), especially several of them in particular.

It certainly isn't for every set, but anyone with willow's path 3 piece set of legendary gear is probably pissed right about now.
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inner Light comes with a very large penalty - it uses up two skill slots (one for each bar).

After the patch, max weapon crit will be only 1% lower than max spell crit, but will require none of the downsides of spell crit.

Stamina builds need help, but turning the tables in the other direction isn't the solution. We need at least one more spell crit set bonus.
    Options
  • Astien
    Astien
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does no one else see the problem with the Night's Silence set? I'm a vampire Nightblade. Already "sprint" stealthed... (25% Normal move speed.) add 60% to that? thats 85% increased stealthed move speed. Faster than any horse currently in the game....
    Options
  • NorthernFury
    NorthernFury
    ✭✭✭✭

Patch 1.2
    Spell Crit 10%
    Weapon Crit 5%

Patch 1.3
    Spell Crit 4%
    Weapon Crit 16%

In all honesty, weapon builds needed the extra love. A loss of 6% crit isn't going to break caster builds, but it will definetly make some of us re-think our strategies some. I have one of each type that I play regularly, so this is definetly a change that will cause some experimenting for me =)

Fortunately, I've mastered 6-trait crafting for everything, so I can play with different set options too.
    Edited by NorthernFury on July 10, 2014 4:55PM

Skadi Storm-Blade - VR14 Altmer Sorcerer
    Brynnhild Valkyrja - VR12 Nord DragonKnight
    Haakon Hardrada - VR12 Nord Templar
    Sanguine's Tester (retired)

Cattle die
    kinsmen die
    all men are mortal.
    Words of praise
    will never perish
    nor a noble name.

- The Havamal
    Options
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It certainly isn't for every set, but anyone with willow's path 3 piece set of legendary gear is probably pissed right about now.

It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Didn't we all expect that we were going to have to upgrade, anyway. This is not much different than a level cap increase, which we already dealt with once.
    Options
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that the current crafted sets will maintain their attributes and the new specs will only apply to new crafted sets? Can ESO comment on this?
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Patch 1.2
    Spell Crit 10%
    Weapon Crit 5%

Patch 1.3
    Spell Crit 4%
    Weapon Crit 16%

When you look at the overall picture, this is balancing. I like it.
    Options
  • Mud_Puppy
    Mud_Puppy
    ✭✭✭
    Why feel bad for us? Looks like our gold sets are getting better.
    /kill
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So they're removing two of the Spell Crit sets (Willow's Path and Twilight Embrace) in exchange for a bunch more weapon crit sets.
    Glad this update came before I crafted anything for endgame, I suppose.

Too bad Weapon skills are still vastly inferior across the board, so rather than anything being buffed or balanced Spell Crit is simply being nerfed.

Oh well, I'll give 5 Night's Silence and 4 Hundings Rage a go on Medium Armour anyway.
    Too bad Night Mother's Gaze was nerfed as well, so I can't even stack Night's Silence and Night Mother's Gaze as I had initially wanted to.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually i hope the old stuff stays where its at. Just got my snip together with 4x Aether, 3x Willows and 3x Covenant(10%Spell crit)

Also, That again poor Gamedesign. Why in the world dont they balance stamina build by adjusting the weapons, stamina skills. In my opinion its totally wrong to try to balance the game out by gear. they should do it by skilltrees. I am totally not fine with this.
    This just punishes people that have spell builds. And it even more punishes people, that got all their gear together, farmed gold for leg mats etc. Theres actually not even decent gold farm spots in the game anymore. Since everything has been nerfed to crap.

Really Zenimax. What are you thinking? If this goes live like this, i cant even blame ppl for buying gold anymore. I hate this ppl, but this. Comon..
    Edited by xMovingTarget on July 10, 2014 5:09PM
    Options
  • rozcinana
    rozcinana
    ouch...
    Co-leader of Purple
    Astra Solari - VR14 Sorcerer - Boethiah's Scythe
    Options