The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Issue Still Is Not Fixed - 1 Month of Unplayable PvP

• Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hate to jump on the band wagon here, but words cannot express how disappointed i'm becoming with this game right now. I understand bugs will always be a part of huge games such as ESO, however the current FPS issue in Cyrodiil is not acceptable for a sub based game. We never had these issues in the late beta, nor at release, yet now even with less players on the campaigns the performance is MUCH worse overall.

I still have faith, but it's wavering as of late. I am paying for a game in which i cannot play for more than 20 minutes without having to keep relogging. It's not fun.
    Edited by Orchish on July 8, 2014 12:07AM
    Options
  • eonowakb16_ESO
    eonowakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Why didn't they roll back to patch 1.2 a day after the fps problem started?

Because one of the suit wearing guys - likes the improvement of nice looking inroom lightning, that all has started that, and dont want to have change that...

Jerak Arenreth - legendär in Glenumbra - legendär überall
    Options
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    Beeftips wrote: »
    This game is going into the books as one of the buggiest, unplayable messes in MMO history.

And with a dev team that seems utterly, irrefutably lost.

I can't fathom what they're thinking anymore. I really don't know. No free time to try to recoup possible lost subs. Letting major fixes go past major US holidays without being applied, leaving even more lost play time, little to useless communication aside from the occasional empty platitude followed by forum mods stomping on people for being rightfully upset.

Why should I ever in a million years ever give you a penny of my money again?

I don't go back to a restaurant that leaves hair in my food and won't replace it. I sure as heck don't want to continue feeding your feckless dev team.

I don't think the tards at Zenimax realize how their actions in ESO have effected their reputation along with the reputation of the elder scrolls franchise.

I don't know if I'll ever buy a bethesda/Zenimax game again. The lack of motivation to fix these major bugs has left a bitter taste in my mouth toward all elder scrolls and fallout games. I really don't want Zenimax to ever get another penny of my money.

You really nailed my feelings there, Beeftips.

I have been a huge Bethesda/Zenimax fan for years (hence getting into ESO). I loved Morrowind, then Oblivion (Shivering Isles remains my favorite Xpack of any game EVER), Fallout 3, then New Vegas, then Skyrim.

I have a Fallout Boy bobble head sitting next to my Anduin statuette from the various collector's editions. I use the art books as my coffee table books. My fiancee and I, before we started living together and were in a long distance relationship, would do 'let's play's with just each other playing through the same parts of Oblivion while on VoIP. These games held a deep, deep place in my heart.

That ESO is failing this miserably, that it is so terribly unfun to play, is destroying my love of these franchises and my faith in ZOS and Bethesda.

You are doing to the franchises I love what Bioware did, ZOS. They destroyed Mass Effect with that joke of a series ending and wrecked Star Wars with SW:TOR's 1.2 patch while releasing an awful, awful sequel to Dragon Age.

It's watching a second developer commit all the same mistakes and errors and crash and burn, leaving me broken hearted.

While the Lag is awful in this game

You do realize you're talking about Bethesda games right? Games that are usually some of the most buggy games on the market. Also New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda, That was made by Obsidian.

As for destroying Mass Effect..While the ending was terrible (until they actually released that free dlc) they didn't come close to destroying that IP, when ME4 is released it'll sell millions like Dragon Age 3 is going to sell.

Same with SWTOR, not only does it have a pretty decent amount of subscribers, it's got a ton of people that pony up money for the F2P system as well.

ZOS would be happy with anything remotely resembling SWTOR playerbase, and would kill for anything remotely close to ME/Dragon Age series in sales.

In otherwords, Your hyperbole sucks

Selling millions doesn't make a game good. That's what I was speaking to.

But next you'll tell me how deep and meaningful of a gaming experience I will find in the Call of Duty and NBA2KXX and FIFA Soccer games.

Selling Millions of copies doesn't make a game good

But selling 10 Copies of a good game, vs 10 million copies of a bad game...a Business will choose 10 million every time.

Hence why those *** games you're talking about get made, Because they sell.

I'll offer another example if that flies over your head

you can go on and on about how Michael Bay Movies are awful, But that still doesn't change the fact that the movie with the highest earned money this year is Transformers.

And if all they cared about were the hard numbers there'd never have been a redo of the ME3 ending. They had their money, why care about the good will of your customer base?

Or why have they backpedaled away from the DA2 style of game to stress the more open world aspects for DA3?

Yeah, Michael Bay movies make millions. Good movies make more. Titanic, Dark Knight, Avatar, et al. If you're an exec and have Titanic or Transformers 3 in front of you, what would YOU rather have added to your bottom line?

Putting out trash may give you a good baseline, being good gets you money by the bucket load.

If you want *me* to buy your game, don't be crappy. Sometimes I make a mistake and buy a crappy game, but I don't repeat that mistake if I can help it, which is the case here.

They put out a "redo" of the ending because they could still make money off the DLC's....The entire redo of the ending just fleshed out some of the weird parts of that original ending (like how my crew got on that ship suddenly?) The entire choice system didn't change. DA2 was actually even more interesting, It sold well, but they looked at the metrics and decided that the Expansion they were working on (which was going to be more open worldish) probably wouldn't do to good. Either way they made a buttload off the title because it sold a lot of copies and the development time was incredibly short (took like a year to release it) As for why they're stressing the old world nature in DA3? One simple answer..Skyrim

Its the same reason Witcher 3 is doing it as well, Because Skyrim sold a crap ton of copies, and people making games look at Skyrim, and decided that's how they're going to make their money. If Skyrim was a 1 room RPG, and it sold the same number of copies, Witcher 3 and DA3 would be a 1 room RPG.

As for good movies make more... Titanic was all intents of purposes, wasn't that great of a movie, It got a lot of money because of the male lead, which pulled in a large female audience...But don't pretend it was an amazing movie. Same with Avatar...Again..You really think that was an amazing movie? Or were you just "impressed" with the "graphics"

And if you really want to laugh

The Dark Knight Rises which is substantially better then Transformers 3, Made less over all.

In fact..transformers 3 is one of the worst movies I've ever seen..But its still number 7 on the highest grossing films of all time.
    Could you guys take your conversation or argument to PM's? People are trying to vent their frustrations with ZoS and your interactions are interrupting the beratement of ZoS incompetence. ;)
    - done w/ it
    Options
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    This game is going into the books as one of the buggiest, unplayable messes in MMO history.

And with a dev team that seems utterly, irrefutably lost.

I can't fathom what they're thinking anymore. I really don't know. No free time to try to recoup possible lost subs. Letting major fixes go past major US holidays without being applied, leaving even more lost play time, little to useless communication aside from the occasional empty platitude followed by forum mods stomping on people for being rightfully upset.

Why should I ever in a million years ever give you a penny of my money again?

I don't go back to a restaurant that leaves hair in my food and won't replace it. I sure as heck don't want to continue feeding your feckless dev team.

Then you never played Age of Conan....first few months were PAINFUL!
    Options
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I think we are being a bit hard on them here. Having to troubleshoot computer issues can be difficult trail and error process and I can only imagine it's at least double that with software. They are letting us know they are working hard on this, I'm confident they will fix the issues.

I do understand the frustrations though. I haven't got to VET rank yet and if PVP is a big part of why you enjoy the game and haven't been able to play I would be pretty annoyed too. I'm thinking some pro-rating of paid subscriptions are warranted for those big PVP players. Hopefully the look into some sort of compensation.
    Options
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »
    Obscure wrote: »
    At this point I hope you pull the plug on the console version before it even releases, you are going to destroy an entire beloved franchise, if it hasn't already been completely destroyed, because you are lazy, greedy devs with complete lack of foresight. Does anyone ever take pride in their work these days?

/End Rant

Interesting that you mention console release... BEHOLD! the competition:

They don't need to pull the plug on the console version. The console market will do that for them all by itself.

To answer your question, yes, someone does take pride in their work these days. They work at studios called Bungie, Respawn, Nintendo, Insomniac, Valve, Undead Labs, and the list is actually pretty long...just wont find ZOS on it.

@ZOS Have a Happy Bungie Day! (A.K.A. console ESO is effin' screwed day)

Yeah, I definitely cannot see ESO succeeding on Console.

Indeed.

The game is gut shot, and instead of stopping the bleeding their painting it's nails and doing it's make up to get it all pretty for its console debut.

The game will be gorgeous just in time for its funeral. ESO sure is going to make a pretty corpse. Coming to a Walmart bargain bin near you in 2015!
    Options
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    Don't hate the developers, they just follow the business team orders. Business team rarely has any clue about what programming is about. If devs where in charge, game would be playable, FPS issues would be fixed, prolly with a rollback on useless lighting patch. Only someone from business could imagine that having nicer interior lights is something a game needs...

Yep, I can imagine most of the devs are pulling their hair out and are as frustrated as we are.

Meetings are probably quite heated with devs saying it should be rolled back else people will leave and the suits saying no way, that would make them look bad, especially with quakecon coming up.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if many devs are getting as sick of Zenimax as a lot of us are.

I suppose some suit sees it as a weakness if they admit they screwed up and rolled back, they would much rather never admit they got it wrong and instead loose a load more subs.

Sadly I have worked for a few companies who had bosses exactly like that.
    Options
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the EU and would be more than happy to get the EU patches a week after the NA ones, if it meant if issues like this showed up on NA, the EU patch doesn't go live until it's properly fixed
    Options
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
    Options
  • gamma71
    gamma71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its beyond pathetic now, and fan boys saying we need more time really? This feels like Swotor ilum just as bad, guess they wanna lose 80% of there player base too.
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they have about 1 week to sort it out.

Imagine them presenting Cyrodiil PvP at QuakeCon right now lol.

This is Next-Gen gaming guys!

People sliding around with 4-5 fps, strange glowing particles here and there, no one can get a single skill of. Bet industry people, press and attending gamers will be very impressed.
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We understand and respect the frustration in regards to the performance issues. We have our Engineering and QA teams currently working on tracking down and testing several things that we believe are contributing to the problem. This is a bit of a nebulous issue, as it has several contributing factors. Each time we nail down a contributing factor and fix it, we push that fix live. We promise to continue to keep you updated, and we do apologize that the issue is still persisting.

You have a QA team? That is new to me. LOL.
    Options
  • psychoman88ub17_ESO
    gamma71 wrote: »
    Its beyond pathetic now, and fan boys saying we need more time really? This feels like Swotor ilum just as bad, guess they wanna lose 80% of there player base too.

Whole thing reminds me of Ilum, and we know what happened to that.

Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its STILL not fixed??? ach!!!! no!!! lol. I just finished auridon, and reached vet 8. iv only got about 4 zones left, and judging from the quest achievements, they appear to be short. what am I going to do once I finish the last zone? go to grindlorn and struggle to find a quest group?:/. I did these vet zones so I could be competitive in PvP, now it seems I wont even be able to play it when I finish the last zone:( I hope they fix it soon.
    Edited by Cody on July 8, 2014 1:21AM
    Options
  • Infraction
    Infraction
    ✭✭✭
    We understand and respect the frustration in regards to the performance issues. We have our Engineering and QA teams currently working on tracking down and testing several things that we believe are contributing to the problem. This is a bit of a nebulous issue, as it has several contributing factors. Each time we nail down a contributing factor and fix it, we push that fix live. We promise to continue to keep you updated, and we do apologize that the issue is still persisting.

As long as its on Monday....
    Options
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NookyZooky wrote: »
    its STILL not fixed??? ach!!!! no!!! lol. I just finished auridon, and reached vet 8. iv only got about 4 zones left, and judging from the quest achievements, they appear to be short. what am I going to do once I finish the last zone? go to grindlorn and struggle to find a quest group?:/. I did these vet zones so I could be competitive in PvP, now it seems I wont even be able to play it when I finish the last zone:( I hope they fix it soon.

Good luck to you...most of the rest of us pvp'ers have quit...the exploiters seem to want to hang around though...have fun, be safe
    Options
  • Anisto
    Anisto
    Soul Shriven

^this really doesn't fly any more. Its taken way to long. As much as i supported this game and stuck it out threw other issues because i felt like the devs and ppl involved were going to eventually get things fixed, but i no longer trust the abilities of this team nor the decision making. you could always look for a fix while you roll the servers back for us so we can play the game we are PAYING for. would it take this long to fix a problem with the billing system, and you were unable to collect our money?
    Options
  • Nickers
    Nickers
    ✭✭
    reluctantly i've just unsubbed, will come back maybe in a few weeks.
    Faction:AD
    Server: NA Megaserver
    Campaign: WabbaJack
    Guild: DCREW
    Options
  • Anisto
    Anisto
    Soul Shriven
    Infraction wrote: »

As long as its on Monday....

haha so true and made me laugh very hard. needed that!
    Options
  • SPECVSTV30_ESO
    SPECVSTV30_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I Support DemonNinja's post 100%. I said my share in other post. No need to write something anymore really. I unsubbed as my subscription is almost due and i will be damned if im going to lose another $15.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Much better response ... Thank you !
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »

Surely you're joking...
    Options
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    LrdRahvin wrote: »
    Durham wrote: »

Surely you're joking...
    It works for some people. :|

- done w/ it
    Options
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not take a genius to figure out something in 1.2.3 screwed things up.

Patch 1.2.3 FPS really bad
    hZ5UDwS.jpg

Patch 1.2.4 FPS still bad
    EwUjfyk.jpg

Patch 1.2.5 The alleged fix. 2 weeks later...

The people in my screenshot were not even on my screen when I took the screenshot, that's how bad this sh*t is.
    mE5uhdY.jpg

Lastly, even my group is having fps drops and are logging out.
    Rdrwah3.jpg

Just curious but how f*cking nebulous is "Patch 1.2.3 screwed up the game"? Why not go back to 1.2.2 remove the *** lighting implementation and see how it works then?

FFS it's bad enough I am miserable and can't play, it's worse that I am not alone and population will further dwindle. You actually think Wabbajack is overpopulated because everyone wanted to PvP together? No... it's because so many damn players quit already a lot of the other campaigns were low population.

Nobody has the patience to beta test an already released game, moreover the stomach to pay for it. You didn't listen to our feedback from 8-9 months ago, what's your excuse now? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ Humor the f*ck out of me... please.
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
    Options
  • whsprwind
    whsprwind
    ✭✭✭
    At this point i believe this issue should have already been escalated to the CEO himself. Yet nothing seems to be done and nobody is willing to shed any light on the situation regarding how they plan to handle it.

No updates, discussion anything whatsoever. It's as if they think we think that they might still be kept in the dark on this?

The population was diminishing before, DO SOMETHING before it disappears!
    NA(PC) - EP
    - Dragon Knight Amuro X

"Of course you're a victim... what are you going to do about it? Transcend your own suffering and be a good person!" -jbp
    Options
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A month? Wasn't patch 1.2.3. released on June 23rd/24th/25th? That would be two weeks now, no?

But yes, it's frustrating if a problem like the current fps issue gets added to the game with a patch, very likely because major modifications were made to the game's engine that had never been tested in a stress test with many players. I know nothing about coding, but it seems to me that what was changed is how the game tells the graphic card to behave in situations where tons of particle visual effects get added to the graphic cards memory in a short time and all should be displayed at the same time while the graphic card's memory is not sufficient. And this causes some kind of overload or chain reaction or loop maybe :O I can imagine this could be hard to fix >< Good luck to the teams working on it (meant honestly, not with irony) ^^

Oh, and a rollback to 1.2.2. really seems impossible to me (think of compatibility issues like Jerkins that didn't exist in patch 1.2.2., for example).
    Options
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvyr wrote: »
    I'm at a loss for words...

Reminds me of the covered in california obama care site. I agree with 90 percent of you. This has now gotten out of hand. No excuse. 30 days is plenty to find and fix, I dont write code, but I am in the IT field........ tbis is unheard of.

Options
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well it's a good thread anyways
    Options
  • FlatLine84
    FlatLine84
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the MMO community, sadly it's full of skill less, non competitive, stay at home dad, whiny babies that log in once a week to pick flowers or go fishing. I unsubed I will ride this horrible game till destiny comes out and I an reunited with my true calling FPS..
    Options
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlatLine84 wrote: »
    Welcome to the MMO community, sadly it's full of skill less, non competitive, stay at home dad, whiny babies that log in once a week to pick flowers or go fishing. I unsubed I will ride this horrible game till destiny comes out and I an reunited with my true calling FPS..

lolwut
    Options
This discussion has been closed.