The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS Bug still not Fixed: Edited After Patch 1.2.5

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one tags ZOS employees anymore..do they..

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

On that note of invocation, is there anything we can do on our end to help. Data collection, anecdotes, system information etc?

Some people are not simultaneously getting the same amount of lag with others at the same location and comparable systems so I wonder if there is some personal involvement along with the client producing the problem.
    Edited by Armitas on June 30, 2014 10:15PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caduryn wrote: »
    Yeah, because Restro Staffs was never the problem, problem is that the GPU is going into idle Mode.

If i got hit by 4fps in Cyrodiil, my GPU is at 38°C, normal is 70°C wile playing ESO

I want to say this is the case, because I also see GPU idling during this time, but there is no way ESO can cause my board/ram/cpu to bottleneck that bad even without a GPU. 32gb of ram + i7 + nothing else running even without GPU shouldn't be dropping to under 10 FPS, imho.
  • blackcules
    blackcules
    ✭✭
    I logged in today after not playing at ALL after the last patch and was somewhat optimistic.

What the *** was I thinking? ZOS does it again! Another patch note saying they fixed a problem, but I am still getting FPS drops t0 5FPS and LATENCY drops. Holy crap. You guys are WAY worse than EA.
  • mweeden_ESO
    mweeden_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have noticed major changes in FPS changes in PVE as well, ZOS, why are you not addressing the main issues? The community is telling you where to look yet it still falls on deaf ears. I'm pulling for this game, get it together.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »
    Caduryn wrote: »
    Yeah, because Restro Staffs was never the problem, problem is that the GPU is going into idle Mode.

If i got hit by 4fps in Cyrodiil, my GPU is at 38°C, normal is 70°C wile playing ESO

I want to say this is the case, because I also see GPU idling during this time, but there is no way ESO can cause my board/ram/cpu to bottleneck that bad even without a GPU. 32gb of ram + i7 + nothing else running even without GPU shouldn't be dropping to under 10 FPS, imho.

Yes without GPU the game will run like a slideshow with an i7 processing everything the old fashioned way (the amount of RAM is irrelevant to a point).

• Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Its too bad that Brian Wheelers pvp vision is ruined by terribad coders and poor servers. The PVP in this game is really fun when it works...which I haven't seen since a beta weekend.

I cannot agree with you more. This game was better in Beta, how sad is that.

• Transorb
    Transorb
    ✭✭
    Confirmed FPS drop outside of Cyrodil as well.

Running cool at 49c on the CPU. None of my performance monitors suggest a memory leak of any kind. All core temps are nominal; Disk, network, and memory usage all indicate minimal loading - with the CPU reading 30% average load. I don't suspect a memory leak.

Although there was a substantial improvement on my end, I still experience the FPS drop. My intuition would lean towards the new lighting engine being the culprit - however, disabling/reducing graphics settings appears to have no positive effect.

The lighting engine looks terrific in comparison, though I consider it not worth the sacrifice of FPS.

(this is running what I consider to be "almost" top of the line hardware)
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 FPS checking in.. :/
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even playing..last ten days of my sub I guess will be waiting for a fix. :(
  • vanzan
    vanzan
    ✭✭✭
    How can you expect us to pay for something not working. Get your act together, rollback to something that is working. 1 Week and no fix is not acceptable.

f**k this sh*t you are killing your own game!
    Edited by vanzan on July 1, 2014 1:38AM
    Vanzan Lizardman - TKG

• dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ Response pls.. The patch did not work as intended..
  • Mitharus
    Mitharus
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    its a memory leak into the gfx card. once your video ram is filled it never empties/refreshes and your CPU takes over processing/rendering. Eventually the load becomes so heavy that even your CPU cant keep up along with processing other game data.

its a "forced bottleneck" caused by the game not clearing the video ram periodically (which explains why map changes alleviate the FPS problem, as do client restarts). Basically your video card is locked into processing effects that have long since left the play environment. Imagine writing on a blackboard and never erasing it, even as you start writing other things. Eventually you run out of black space.

I'll need to do some GPU perf monitoring next time I get on.

For reference, the last time I did some monitoring, the VRAM never was above 1.45G used (on a 3GB card); so to me it doesn't seem like it's a "graphics memory leak," unless it's on a highly specific card set in a given circumstance. The PCIe bus was never above 45% usage either. This was over a 3 hour period, both in Cyro (not on Wabba, or other large populated ones) and out, and had a few drops to 18-20 FPS or so for a short while (normal FPS is ~55-60). CPU/RAM utilization was pitiful. 4GB RAM "used"; The other 12GB was cache/free; no CPU ever pegged (4 cores + HT) as if it was doing a stupid amount of work.

At times, the GPU would drop to a 3-4% utilization from the normal 90%+. But this did not correlate to when I'd have a drop in FPS. I could actually find nothing that directly correlated.

The only thing I can theorize is network traffic and the client purposefully (or even coincidentally) dropping FPS while it syncs to the server; but I'd need to do a complete network capture of a session to test that theory out, and still would only be guessing based upon packet behavior. (1) I'm guessing under the mass AvAvA situations, that there's probably a ton of syncs happening. Many conflicting and the servers trying to sort 'em out, causing client sync slowdowns, and the client may be misbehaving by dropping frames when it should be doing something else. *shrug*

You could very well be right where you say that "... your video card is locked into processing effects that have long since left the play environment." But I have yet to see that specific behavior on my system. So far I have found nothing graphics wise to point at the FPS drop; but I may just need to dig into it more.

My system for reference:
    Intel i7-2600K - 16GB RAM - Win 7 64bit
    nVidia GTX 580 (3GB GDDR5)
    OS on a 180GB Intel 520 SSD (SSDSC2CW180A3)
    ESO installed onto a 2TB platter drive, in a RAID0 setup

-Mith

(1) - And it would be packet behavior only. I really don't want to deal with needing to ... handle reading the packet data.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. First time in PvP in a while. You all are not kidding about FPS killed. And ZOS said this was fixed? LOL
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. First time in PvP in a while. You all are not kidding about FPS killed. And ZOS said this was fixed? LOL

They honestly have no clue what's going on with their own game.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me the game is pegging my CPU pretty hard. Just typing this (while the game runs in the background) out of proc is lagging my typing.
  • Nitratas
    Nitratas
    ✭✭✭
    I can't keep paying for this incompetence. It's a week and a patch which supposedly had to fix this but NOPE. Everything stays broken.

Cya in few months hopefully. Cancelled
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any thing near a keep and siege weapons ruins my FPS. I had thought it was the number of ppl but had a good 20 Vs 20 fight outside of bleakers against AD and then DC..no fps drop.

I get within site of alsewell and bye bye frame rate.
  • Snowballer23
    No words....
    a bunch of incompetents! I want a refund of my game time since patch 1.2.3!!!!
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope, in the future, major updates to the game (and I would say a 9 gb patch is a major update) will be tested on a public test server with many people and with its own PvP campaign so problems like this fps drop issue (that mostly affects Cyrodiil) can be avoided :(

It's especially frustrating to see such a bug introduced by a graphics update that may be a visual improvement but that nobody really asked for (right now). The new inner lighting looks great but if it comes at such a cost I'd rather have it a week or a month later when it's been thoroughly tested and not right now!

(To say something positive too: I'm impressed by how well the bots were fought. I haven't received any RMT spam mails or seen any of those in shout anymore for weeks, and I also have seen a single bot in that time (and I was fishing in Auridon)! So there I was positively surprised :))
    Edited by GaldorP on July 1, 2014 8:14AM
  • RageKiwiEater
    Horrible patch , Cyrodiil totally *** ....ZOS do something pls.
  • htoncic
    htoncic
    ✭✭✭
    (To say something positive too: I'm impressed by how well the bots were fought. I haven't received any RMT spam mails or seen any of those in shout anymore for weeks, and I also have seen a single bot in that time (and I was fishing in Auridon)! So there I was positively surprised :))

That's because so few people remain playing this game, it's no longer profitable to run an RMT business here. Once again, a problem that fixes itself. ;)
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    No one tags ZOS employees anymore..do they..

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

Why would we? It's not like they would do anything. The try and fail and try and fail epically ...
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• Vacerias
    Vacerias
    SoulScream wrote: »
    It's like they are trying to make people leave! I can't pay to have to relog so much.

I really think that too. Maybe that game is sabotaged by unsatisfied coders lol.
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    OMG Zenimax!!! please tell us something about it. Do we have to wait another week (or maybe more) to play without FPS issue? This is unbelievable.
    Edited by arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO on July 1, 2014 10:12AM
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was taken just now...In groups i have never gone below 30 since beta. Now i have issues maintaining 10 fps

r7dMqri.jpg
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• thomaswinkworthb16_ESO
    This new issue kind of feels the same but the numbers im getting are different and I've been getting "unknown error" crashes. I had 19 FPS before now it's like at an average of 23+ but it will drop to as low as 13
  • stephanengelhardtb16_ESO

The only thing I can theorize is network traffic and the client purposefully (or even coincidentally) dropping FPS while it syncs to the server; but I'd need to do a complete network capture of a session to test that theory out, and still would only be guessing based upon packet behavior. (1) I'm guessing under the mass AvAvA situations, that there's probably a ton of syncs happening. Many conflicting and the servers trying to sort 'em out, causing client sync slowdowns, and the client may be misbehaving by dropping frames when it should be doing something else. *shrug*

(1) - And it would be packet behavior only. I really don't want to deal with needing to ... handle reading the packet data.
    [/quote]

No Softwarearchitect in his right mind would code an entity controller that syncs framerate to packets. you would just always get 2 FPS as movement updates probably arnt much more frequent anyway. PLUS Client controlled animations of static Objects are happening at the games framerate and not at the rate of packets per second

usually the packets will only detail the animation to perform (running or skilluse) and the players position. Everything else is Clientwork.
    And please note that unlike shooters MMOS update the clients world much less frequent. SWG for example updated an entities position twice a second and use of skills as they happend. That was one packet to start the use of the skill.
  • Mountain_Dewed
    Mountain_Dewed
    ✭✭✭
    I know when I can't see my magelight, things are gonna go bad...

I got killed by batswarm last night and there was no swarm(because of lag ofc)
  • ItsRejectz
    ItsRejectz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know when I can't see my magelight, things are gonna go bad...

I got killed by batswarm last night and there was no swarm(because of lag ofc)

I get the exact same with mage light, cast it and takes ages to appear. Also, I seem to be getting killed by invisible players a lot to, as if the game isn't rendering them fast enough for me to see
    Xbox EU - GT: o69 Woody 69o

VR16 Sorc: Vlad V Impaler
    VR16 Sorc: Yes it's Woody
    VR16 NB: Prince of Wallachia
    VR16 Templar: Sir Lancelot the Brave
    VR16 DK: I'm Better Than You

• SBR_QuorTek
    SBR_QuorTek
    ✭✭✭
    It is getting better... but issues like this you do not just resolve in a short time span, be happy it is better than before.