Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like the new Unstable Wall Of Fire animation?

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    For the love of all that is right, please give us back our flames of fire!
    it is disgusting, even repulsive. beautiful room warming flames turned into cracked earth with few cinders. I wish to see dungeons burn, just like they used to.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, my fire mage definitely feels like it lost some zest. Fire should look like fire. If people were having a hard time telling if it was "friendly" fire or enemy fire, they should have just avoided it either way.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone from Zenimax will see this thread and see that many players are not happy about this change to fire.

Zenimax we are paying customers, give us our fire back and change the color of NPC fire to blue. Blue flames are in roadside braziers, wayshrines, on some NPC staffs...blue fire is common so give it to the NPC fire casters and give the paying customers real fire again.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Let's get some more votes and get this noticed guys.
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone from Zenimax will see this thread and see that many players are not happy about this change to fire.

Zenimax we are paying customers, give us our fire back and change the color of NPC fire to blue. Blue flames are in roadside braziers, wayshrines, on some NPC staffs...blue fire is common so give it to the NPC fire casters and give the paying customers real fire again.

I agree. We needs fire!
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    I like the new "glow" animation.
    ...I suppose I'm the only one who's actually impressed by the new graphics. The ground cracks and then explodes, yes please.

Too bad the skill itself is still useless.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruddertail wrote: »
    ...I suppose I'm the only one who's actually impressed by the new graphics. The ground cracks and then explodes, yes please.

How is the skill useless? I use it as one of my main attacks with great success. I've seen builds on Youtube that rely on Impulse or Force Shock, those feel pretty weak to me. But when I lay down a carpet of fire...now a carpet of crack, I can watch the NPCs health drop that's in it. I only have three attacks at a time slotted so generally my slots look like this:

Unstable Clannfear
    Destructive Clench
    Elemental Blockade
    Velocious Curse
    Bound Armaments

I guess my Clannfear technically is a fourth attack but I consider him more a distraction to keep NPCs occupied more than anything else.

Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on May 27, 2014 11:56AM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Ruddertail wrote: »

How is the skill useless? I use it as one of my main attacks with great success. I've seen builds on Youtube that rely on Impulse or Force Shock, those feel pretty weak to me. But when I lay down a carpet of fire...now a carpet of crack, I can watch the NPCs health drop that's in it. I only have three attacks at a time slotted so generally my slots look like this:

Unstable Clannfear
    Destructive Clench
    Elemental Blockade
    Velocious Curse
    Bound Armaments

I guess my Clannfear technically is a fourth attack but I consider him more a distraction to keep NPCs occupied more than anything else.

AMEN! LISTEN TO US!
  • Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    Jeremy_gelber_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    alternating shattering prison and elemental blockade worked. but i find it nowhere near as effective as crit surge and pulsar.

but yeah the new elemental blockade animation is just meh
  • KiroElmarok
    KiroElmarok
    ✭✭✭
    "Unstable Wall of Cracks"
    Daggerfall Covenant - Dunmer - Dragon Knight

• cobaderab16_ESO
    cobaderab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I want my flames back.....looks rubbish now
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the new "glow" animation.
    It was changed for one reason:
    So you can differentiate more easily between friend and foe fire.

If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Devilkyn
    Devilkyn
    Soul Shriven
    I agree! AND don't forget the other powers that use flames as well... I pretty much hate using Scorched Earth now. It also is very hard to see if the enemy is in it, and looks terrible!
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    It was changed for one reason:
    So you can differentiate more easily between friend and foe fire.

And that could not have been done via slight colour change? 2 primary colours and 1 secondary to work with and they just remove the animation... Blue flame... it's magic it could be fine as any colour...
    Human Infant Connoisseur