Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Do you like the new Unstable Wall Of Fire animation?

coreymj78
coreymj78
✭✭✭
The new animation doesn't really look like flames at all, but a faint orange "glow" on the ground. The flames seem to be missing. Do you like the old animation or this new one?
Edited by coreymj78 on May 24, 2014 11:38PM

Do you like the new Unstable Wall Of Fire animation? 95 votes

I like the new "glow" animation.
25%
MablungGwarokmatt.iannetti_ESOMisterJimothySinisterJointGeeYouWhyGhostnight013Yelgisstarstrucks0kr4t3sNeomarpatrykplawskib16_ESOXozahRev RielleDarrettNightman'ComethTherealshurDivayithRuddertailBBSooner 24 votes
For the love of all that is right, please give us back our flames of fire!
74%
BaphometSigilspearSrugzalbloodenragedb14_ESOcorbyoneCTravelerJade_Knightblazerb14_ESOjake.w.simsb14_ESOcoreymj78KiroElmarokthreesnapzinoviy22b14_ESOVraokKer.Rakb16_ESOTankqullPhantaxcobaderab16_ESOrawne1980b16_ESORainfeatherUKKoensol 71 votes
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate the new effect...its hard to see in grass, harder to see if the intended target is actually in it, it looks horrible and makes playing my mage discouraging. As I said in another thread why can't they just give the NPC fire another color...there is no shortage of green and blue flames all around the game.

Zenimax give the NPC fire a new color and give us paying customers back our fire effect. The fire was one of the best looking effects in the game...now we get this glorified hotfoot instead of real fire. We do pay the bills give us real fire.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Give us back our flames. It was the thing that made Wall of Fire so satisfyingly splendid to use. I would sometimes spam it all over just because I loved the flames so much. You killed it! Give it back!
    Options
  • Crumpy
    Crumpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its well ***
    I lyke not this quill.
    Options
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was PISSED when I saw this...I even relogged cause I thought my graphics were bugged...

I WANT MY OLD ANIMATION BACK...

I would like the actual wall of fire when I cast a WALL OF FIRE!
    Options
  • pknecron
    pknecron
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty frickin uninspiring, let me tell you. Maybe if it was a bubbling lava pool instead of a few fire coloured cracks in the ground.
    Options
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This effect was also applied to the bow skill Scorched Earth and it ruins that skill too. On my mage I've actually tried frost and shock staffs because I hate the new "fire" effect of Elemental Blockade but I really like the damage fire gives over shock and frost. Fire was what worked for me best, and yes it does the same damage as before but the effect is so off putting. If they plan to keep this effect they should rename the skill "Vericose Veins of Elements"
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Options
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just looked like someone spluged on the floor...
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have added a third option, "The old effect was laggy and obnoxious, but the new one is too boring."
    Options
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblongship wrote: »
    I was PISSED when I saw this...I even relogged cause I thought my graphics were bugged...

I WANT MY OLD ANIMATION BACK...

I would like the actual wall of fire when I cast a WALL OF FIRE!

I did the same thing after seeing the new effect...I logged out to the character screen twice thinking it was just bugged then a total logout and it was still ugly so I filed a bug report. It was after that that I read the patch notes and saw this was their idea of a "fix".

Options
  • MalavarTCOne
    MalavarTCOne
    ✭✭✭
    This new animation looks lame and unimaginative.
    "To steal from a god is most unwise" -Nocturnal
    Options
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Going against the grain with my vote >:)

But.... I definitely would like to see be converted back to it's original animation effect.
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to change the spell name now. You can hardly call it a wall of anything any more.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    I absolutely hate the new effect...its hard to see in grass, harder to see if the intended target is actually in it, it looks horrible and makes playing my mage discouraging. As I said in another thread why can't they just give the NPC fire another color...there is no shortage of green and blue flames all around the game.

Zenimax give the NPC fire a new color and give us paying customers back our fire effect. The fire was one of the best looking effects in the game...now we get this glorified hotfoot instead of real fire. We do pay the bills give us real fire.

+1 absolutely my feelings as well.
    Options
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent, but just appreciate not having my party second guessing it for NPC fire anymore. The previous 'Wall' wasn't a 'Wall' either, so the naming complaint seems silly to me.
    Options
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate it, I never had a problem with it before...
    Why not make it so players have more yellow, while NPC fire is more of an orange/red colour?
    The removing of the fire animation feels more like a lazy way out so they don;t need to make a new texture.
    Human Infant Connoisseur
    Options
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have that spell and the poll did post post a pic.

If you want an opinion on a visual, post a pic. :)
    Options
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    No. It is also wrong to call it wall of fire. As it's not longer a wall, but looks like a cracked glowy footpath, so if they are keeping this horrible new animation which I'd rather they not, it should be called Fire Cracks.
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    You should have added a third option, "The old effect was laggy and obnoxious, but the new one is too boring."

I had no trouble with the old effect and no lag at all. First I've heard of this. Anyway, not the point. Point is: GIVE US BACK OUR FLAMES!
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Auralia wrote: »
    No. It is also wrong to call it wall of fire. As it's not longer a wall, but looks like a cracked glowy footpath, so if they are keeping this horrible new animation which I'd rather they not, it should be called Fire Cracks.

Or Butt Cracks of Fire?
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

I only want opinions from those who actually use a flame staff in game.
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Carnage2K4 wrote: »
    Hate it, I never had a problem with it before...
    Why not make it so players have more yellow, while NPC fire is more of an orange/red colour?
    The removing of the fire animation feels more like a lazy way out so they don;t need to make a new texture.

Word.
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    BBSooner wrote: »
    I'm indifferent, but just appreciate not having my party second guessing it for NPC fire anymore. The previous 'Wall' wasn't a 'Wall' either, so the naming complaint seems silly to me.

If you are indifferent, then don't come into my poll and vote that you like it. Derp.
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭

[Moderator Note: Removed per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on May 25, 2014 4:04AM
    Options
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    coreymj78 wrote: »
    Blackwidow wrote: »

I only want opinions from those who actually use a flame staff in game.

I use the flame staff, but i use spell number 5 instead of the wall now.
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Let's get some more to chime in so this gets noticed. We really need this changed back so we don't just have glowing butt cracks of fire and no flames.
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Give us back our flames!
    Options
  • Amulrei
    Amulrei
    Scorched Earth for Bows got the same treatment. It went from a volley of flaming arrows starting a bonfire (which made sense) to some lame and weak looking sort-of lava effect (which looks terrible and makes no damn sense at all).

Not sure what the devs suddenly have against half-decent looking flame effects but it seems downright silly wasting time and resources to downgrade the look of spell effects.
    Options
  • Amulrei
    Amulrei

Oh, the irony...
    Options
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God no, its terrible !
    Old one was one of best looking effects in game and they manage to screw it up ! ! !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
    Options
  • coreymj78
    coreymj78
    ✭✭✭
    Amulrei wrote: »

Oh, the irony...

I forgot what I even posted there that they would have to moderate. Hmmmm.
    Options