The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Confirmed Memory Leak in 1.1.2

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will have a fix this afternoon... learn to read people.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
    Options
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    They will have a fix this afternoon... learn to read people.

I think we can all read;..it depends on your definition of "soon" and more importantly it depends on THEIR definition of "soon".
    Options
  • MichaelD
    MichaelD
    DeadByNow wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just a quick update -

We're currently testing the memory leak fix, and plan to roll out the hotfix this afternoon.

Can you fix Templars also with the hot fix?

I have posted over 2-3 posts so far... so here goes... TEMPLARS are FINE! I'm a Templar and I'm great as I am, healing, damaging, questing, all is good!
    For all I know the "fix" might screw up something else so... leave them be...
    Sorry for de-railing topic
    Options
  • Lilith218
    Lilith218
    ✭✭
    Edited by Lilith218 on May 24, 2014 6:43PM
    Options
  • Kryank
    Kryank
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm too.
    AMD1090T
    Asus Crosshair V Formula
    8gb Mushkin Redline
    SLI GTX 470's
    Windows 7, 64bit

went from 240,000 ish to 427,000 in about 15 mins on login screen with launcher closed
    'I am not entering into a battle of wits with a man who is clearly unarmed'
    Follow My Twitch Channel Or Youtube Channel
    Sneaky Kryank DC NB
    Psyreni DC Sorc
    Kryank Of The Flame. DC Temp
    Kryank Smash DC DK
    Options
  • severius
    severius
    Soul Shriven
    Bisset_E wrote: »
    PC user here. No memory problems (at all) pre-patch, although I had the occasional BSOD for reasons I never figured out.

Since the patch I can play for about 40-80 minutes before ESO is using at least 3.6 gb of RAM on my system. If I catch it in time I can close the game, and it actually frees up the RAM. If I don't notice in time it can cause a complete system crash as ESO's mem leak causes other programs to crash as well.

tl;dr ESO memory usage climbs from 1-1.2 gb up to 3.4-3.8 gb within an hour and a half of starting ESO.exe.

This absolutely. No settings modifications helps alleviate this. Would be nice if someone actually tested this nonsense before it were pushed live especially right before a holiday weekend. Seriously the Producer of this title needs to pull their head out, only a noob pushes an update on a holiday.

*edit* the Opengl fix in usersettings.txt is working well for me at the moment.
    Edited by severius on May 24, 2014 7:06PM
    Options
  • River_Song

We're currently testing the memory leak fix, and plan to roll out the hotfix this afternoon.

So there is a glimpse of hope I'll be able to play at least tomorrow then! :)
    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
    Night will fall and the dark will rise

Demons run, but count the cost
    The battle's won, but the child is lost
    Options
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mortuum wrote: »
    See all those who cried ''no communication''? They do work on stuff, and it is better if they spend their time doing that instead of posting here ''sorry still nothing'' every min...

Haha, someone just don't have any clue about what means "Assistant Community Manager" or "Community Manager"... :smiley:

Wondering if these same folks have any clue about "damage control" as well, a not so technically used therm, whatever, they will learn sooner or later, LOL.

Just for your information, as clearly you are unable to read more then 1 post on page:

I know she doesnt fix it, but many people complained about not a word from Zeni and my point was-will it be better if she ran to other room asking every 5 minutes and then posting it here? They/she said they know about it, and working on it-but obviously for some people it is not enough, they have to QQ ''we want news!!''.

Before making idiot of yourself, try to read up a bit...And LOL indeed...Sooner you learn to read not only 1 post, but others related, better for you.

Options
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess the hotfix they said was going to go live friday either didn't or they fubar'd another patch?
    Options
  • skeletorz_ESO
    skeletorz_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    (The UserSettings.txt file can be found in documents/elderscrollsonline/live)

This is from another thread:
    Joolio wrote: »
    Arato wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with these two settings in the usersettings text file. There were freezes that used to happen before for 5-6 seconds and the way you fixed it was to set SET RequestedNumThreads "-1" to 0 and save the file (has to do with how the game handles on multicore processors)

Now that setting is gone and has been replaced by 2 different settings:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"

I don't know which to edit to 0 or if you should edit both... I'm hoping someone can narrow this down.

My game was freezing. Then I set both to 0. Game works flawless.

Same here. Set both to 0 and now the memory in task manager for eso.exe stabilizes at 1.6 gb. Additionally, I no longer have the short bursts of freeze-up/lag and windows no longer locks up causing me to have to force a reboot.
    “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” -- René Descartes
    Options
  • deathrament
    Hmm most people seems to be saying they play for 20+ min and then they have issues. For me whenever i join a group within 3 min i get disconnected. Log back in get disconnected after 2 or 3 minutes. If im playing solo im ok it seem. Are other people experiencing this as well?
    Options
  • FireKat
    FireKat

Thanks for the update! :)
    Options
  • deathrament
    I only have 4 gig of ram in my pc but was fine before patch.
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭

That's great news! Good luck!
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Cogo wrote: »
    Brizz wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel that the Zenimax team keep reaffirming how amateur they are as developers / programmers? This kind of huge game impacting problem would be fixed in a heartbeat with any other MMO out there.

You never played another MMO from start have you?

If you had, you would giggle at your own post.

You know what? I don't give a flying F if it's standard industry practice to use the patching introduce memory leaks and generally break stuff. I expect, as an absolute minimum, that updates don't make things worse.

It's nothing to do with it being a new game and everything to do with their Quality Control and testing.

Hell, they knew all this crap was in the update and pushed it out to the euro server any way.
    Im sorry, NA isnt a testing bed for bad patches so EU can have a bug free experience.

Really, buy yourself a new attitude. It couldnt be worse.

Right now, both servers are testing beds. Idk what would benefit you to screw half the game population for the sake of it.
    Options
  • edu.journeymanub17_ESO
    See all those who cried ''no communication''? They do work on stuff, and it is better if they spend their time doing that instead of posting here ''sorry still nothing'' every min...

Haha, someone just don't have any clue about what means "Assistant Community Manager" or "Community Manager"... :smiley:

Wondering if these same folks have any clue about "damage control" as well, a not so technically used therm, whatever, they will learn sooner or later, LOL.

Just for your information, as clearly you are unable to read more then 1 post on page:

I know she doesnt fix it, but many people complained about not a word from Zeni and my point was-will it be better if she ran to other room asking every 5 minutes and then posting it here? They/she said they know about it, and working on it-but obviously for some people it is not enough, they have to QQ ''we want news!!''.

Before making idiot of yourself, try to read up a bit...And LOL indeed...Sooner you learn to read not only 1 post, but others related, better for you.

Hahahaha, so, tell me, please, what do you think is the job of an Assistant Community Manager as I don't want to make idiot of myself...

And before you post, again, without any quotes or any indication like "@MickeyMouse" or any other that are fairly used in all forum and communities over the internet I would, now, ask you, politely, to avoid personal attacks in the therms of Code of Conduct 2.5.
    Options
  • jonpaul
    jonpaul
    ✭✭✭

Will this include random freezing and constant error 303 disconnects?
    WAR EAGLE
    I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments. -Jim Morrison
    Options
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Damn thanks for the incoming hotfix which is much needed but I have to ask, do you guys ever take time off? It's a holiday and a pretty big one at that. Fix this issue then go home! Game can wait!
    Options
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    When the screen goes pink and black for enemies, other players, crates and decorations, is that a memory leak? This only happened since they reverted the vetran patch. I not sure what a leak is, but ESO is causing some major graphic errors and its only on this game. Not anything else or other games.
    Options
  • deathrament
    METALPUNKS wrote: »
    Damn thanks for the incoming hotfix which is much needed but I have to ask, do you guys ever take time off? It's a holiday and a pretty big one at that. Fix this issue then go home! Game can wait!

Ya no.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Cogo wrote: »
    Brizz wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel that the Zenimax team keep reaffirming how amateur they are as developers / programmers? This kind of huge game impacting problem would be fixed in a heartbeat with any other MMO out there.

You never played another MMO from start have you?

If you had, you would giggle at your own post.

You know what? I don't give a flying F if it's standard industry practice to use the patching introduce memory leaks and generally break stuff. I expect, as an absolute minimum, that updates don't make things worse.

It's nothing to do with it being a new game and everything to do with their Quality Control and testing.

Hell, they knew all this crap was in the update and pushed it out to the euro server any way.
    Im sorry, NA isnt a testing bed for bad patches so EU can have a bug free experience.

Really, buy yourself a new attitude. It couldnt be worse.

Right now, both servers are testing beds. Idk what would benefit you to screw half the game population for the sake of it.

And to think theyre going to push back a major patch because EU doesnt want the bugs is just as crap of an attitude.

How about we patch EU first? If we hadnt moved maintenance for NA because of the Aussies EU and NA would have gotten it the same day.
    Options
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade
    ✭✭

As others have said, this is their job as community managers. To engage and communicate with us, the paying customer. Two posts in two days regarding this issue and none at all in others is a distinct lack of communication.
    Unsubbed.
    You have 4 days of game time remaining.
    Options
  • PrimalShadeCG
    PrimalShadeCG
    Soul Shriven

Being able to play a game without it crashing randomly is not acceptable especially since we are paying a monthly fee to play,so no this can not wait.
    Edited by PrimalShadeCG on May 24, 2014 8:10PM
    Options
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant even log in,Is that problem related to this one? And what about the pink missing textures? And when is afternoon?
    Edited by Snowstrider on May 24, 2014 7:53PM
    Options
  • zombie2kornout
    Silverblade,

With all due respect, it is not their job to sit here and hold your hand while something is fixed. There is obviously nothing to update right now, so that is why they have not posted anything. They are not sitting next to Joe TheProgrammer to ask him every 15 minutes--nor would that be productive. If they need to stop Joe from doing his job (fixing this issue), then Joe will be explaining the issue and not doing his job and you would grow even more irate. If there is not a new post just assume that means that there is nothing new to report.

There are a few blogs run by community managers of MMORPGs on the internet, maybe you should check one out to see what they actually do on a daily basis (Hint: it is not holding your hand on the forum).
    Options
  • River_Song

hum, well it's their job and they get paid for it... dunno how often i worked on weekends and holidays when i worked in customer support. if i chose to do such a job, i have to cope with that. it's as simple as that...
    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    Night will fall and drown the sun

Friendship dies and true love lies
    Night will fall and the dark will rise

Demons run, but count the cost
    The battle's won, but the child is lost
    Options
  • zombie2kornout
    River_Song,

Ought vs IS, my friend.
    Options
  • edu.journeymanub17_ESO
    Silverblade,

With all due respect, it is not their job to sit here and hold your hand while something is fixed. There is obviously nothing to update right now, so that is why they have not posted anything. They are not sitting next to Joe TheProgrammer to ask him every 15 minutes--nor would that be productive. If they need to stop Joe from doing his job (fixing this issue), then Joe will be explaining the issue and not doing his job and you would grow even more irate. If there is not a new post just assume that means that there is nothing new to report.

There are a few blogs run by community managers of MMORPGs on the internet, maybe you should check one out to see what they actually do on a daily basis (Hint: it is not holding your hand on the forum).

If they run a blog talking about what they do on a daily basis, as you say, I can take it's a blog by unemployed community managers, that is it?

No serious MMO company, be it any genre, would allow their employees talk about their daily basis, please, link some as I want to read what they have to say...
    Options
  • zombie2kornout
    edu,

A good place to start is here:

http://eatingbees.wordpress.com
    Options
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    the memory leak is spreading to this thread as it seems to be getting off topic :open_mouth:
    Options