Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Ugh... So frustrated I have to leave PvP

Adramelach
Adramelach
✭✭✭
Early on (I've been around since beta) PvP was a lot of fun, with a lot of mixed levels and I was in my level 20s to 30s and I could function pretty well. I got taken out quickly by the (rare) V levels that were around, but for the most part, I could join a battle, last a while, help siege, and while wary of NPC guards and such, if I got caught, I could get out of it, and continue on.

Wow, have things changed... I focused on PvE for a while, and tried going back to PvP today at level 40. It was shocking...

The population of V-levels and their V-level gear has skyrocketed, and I found my life expectancy in battles to be on the order of seconds now, not minutes. That, after riding many minutes to get to the battle in the first place. Not fun being taken down in two or three hits, looking around while dead, and every single player that comes up is V1 or above, with 10s all over the place.

On top of that, I wandered too close to an enemy-held resource on one of my epic rides, and while before I could usually perform a fighting retreat and get out, now apparently, after the "update", the NPC guards are gank squads, and they yanked me off my horse and killed me in, again, seconds.

So... it appears the evolution of PvP has matured into a V-only environment where only the elite survive, using top-class gear, and etc.

And that's all fine for them... but man, I just can't see that being anything good at all for new players. How a Level 10 going to Cyrodiil for the first time could possibly find it entertaining at all is beyond me, really.

As it is, the only role I can do now with any hope of survival on the order of minutes, versus seconds, is keep defense. And while that's fun, and I can drive a siege engine pretty well, it would have been nice not to risk instant death the moment I leave the keep walls, at least until I'm a V with the right gear, and such.

I guess I'll try PvP again if and when I get to V10 or thereabouts, someday, but I'm just so disappointed by that. I was enjoying PvP, too.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    so the new trend is to not just whine at veteran players but also at veteran NPC´s? XD

this board has always been pure comedy but when ppl now also start to whine cos PvNPC is too hard im gonna fall off my chair.

hopefully they gonna buff walls to v5 with next patch aswell. looking forward to the "wtf a vr5 brick fell of the wall and oneshotted my l10 character, nerf plox" threads
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry you feel I'm "whining". Perhaps I'm reacting to the expectations that are set by Zenimax.

Player vs. Player (PvP) in The Elder Scrolls Online is fun, rewarding, and accessible for PvP veterans or new players with no PvP experience.

The Elder Scrolls Online features a battle leveling system that temporarily increases a player’s combat effectiveness to compete against higher level players, ensuring that everyone enjoys the experience, from players who have never experienced PvP combat, to seasoned veterans demanding a deep, rewarding PvP experience. Players may join the PvP action as soon as they reach level 10, and jump right into the action without fear.

If you feel that the current state of things meets the expectation that "Players may join the PvP action as soon as they reach level 10, and jump right into the action without fear" then we'll have to agree to disagree, and that's not "whining".

If they want PvP to be accessible to V-only players, fine. Broadcast it that way. If they want Level 10s to be able to enjoy the content and survive in Cyrodiil, then the scaling has to be overhauled or else perhaps V5 NPCs aren't the way to go. That's all.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately... buffing NPC guards is only way to balance out servers now. Else a small vr10 squad can nightcap an entire map. This makes it harder for low lvls but low lvls are becoming "obsolete" in PvP anyways...
    Indeed it is so...
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely, and that was my main point - exactly that low-levels are being phased out. And that's not shocking, I always thought buffing stats and damage (on existing, low-level skill choices) was an experiment, and it's looking more and more it's not one with a favorable outcome.

So, the point is, ZM has to revise their messaging, give in to the reality the PvP is about elite-level players with maxed stats and equipment, and design it that way, and not claim that Level 10 players stepping right off the boat can "jump right into the action without fear." It's just not what's going on anymore.

As for the V10 squad.. well, they haven't really solved the problem. DC owned every asset on the new two-week campaign map within five hours of it opening lol. The new NPCs didn't seem to help much.
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adramelach wrote: »
    As for the V10 squad.. well, they haven't really solved the problem. DC owned every asset on the new two-week campaign map within five hours of it opening lol. The new NPCs didn't seem to help much.

This may be more about players not defending targets then anything else. IN theory this should be impossible on a balanced server. However a big enough zerg will always overcome NPCs... although may take longer.
    Indeed it is so...
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry you feel I'm "whining". Perhaps I'm reacting to the expectations that are set by Zenimax.

Player vs. Player (PvP) in The Elder Scrolls Online is fun, rewarding, and accessible for PvP veterans or new players with no PvP experience.

The Elder Scrolls Online features a battle leveling system that temporarily increases a player’s combat effectiveness to compete against higher level players, ensuring that everyone enjoys the experience, from players who have never experienced PvP combat, to seasoned veterans demanding a deep, rewarding PvP experience. Players may join the PvP action as soon as they reach level 10, and jump right into the action without fear.

If you feel that the current state of things meets the expectation that "Players may join the PvP action as soon as they reach level 10, and jump right into the action without fear" then we'll have to agree to disagree, and that's not "whining".

If they want PvP to be accessible to V-only players, fine. Broadcast it that way. If they want Level 10s to be able to enjoy the content and survive in Cyrodiil, then the scaling has to be overhauled or else perhaps V5 NPCs aren't the way to go. That's all.

if ur seriously buying that *** from zenimax u must be new to mmos. thats just marketing. same crap was said in swtor and gw2. in swtor they split the brackets after a month and shovelled their own grave while doing so. the game lost 80% of its subs after the free month cos the max level bracket was completely dead due to that idiotic change.

gw2 had the exactly same issues, if u were a lowbie and met l80 in full crafted gear he´d turn ur toon into confetti within 3 secs. that game atleast had spvp tho which was fun for abit but as always bg´s get boring extremely fast so most of the playerbase left after the free month aswell.

first rule of the mmo business: never believe a single word of the crap they write on the box. its always marketing bullcrap.

i seriously have a hard time believing that anyone could seriously still fall for that trick. do you guys not go out or something? when have u last time spoke to a business man that told you 100% the truth? i mean, they didnt lie either, afterall u CAN join pvp at l10 and nothing stops u from "jumping right into the action without fear". they merely left out the part that u will die in 2secs to literally anything that looks in ur general direction.

welcome to the real world where everyone all the time tells you half truths to obtain ur money. get used to it :)
  • slayer7800
    Some people have suggested having different campaigns for pre veteran ranks. I'm not sure if they have the population to support that though seeing there is really only 1 active NA campaign currently.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    slayer7800 wrote: »
    Some people have suggested having different campaigns for pre veteran ranks. I'm not sure if they have the population to support that though seeing there is really only 1 active NA campaign currently.

that has been tried in swtor. result: -800k subs after that patch. i seriously dont get the problem. it takes 1-2 days /played to hit vr1 in eso. ppl should use the time they spend on making these threads about how unfair it is on lvling their toons and they would be vr1. infact the game is out almost 2 months now, if ppl still dont have atleast 1 vr1 char by now they got no right to complain anyways. no problem if ppl play casually but if they cant find 48 hours of free time in 2 months they cant expect to be competitive in pvp. thats less than an hour per day fyi.
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »

if ur seriously buying that *** from zenimax u must be new to mmos. thats just marketing. same crap was said in swtor and gw2. in swtor they split the brackets after a month and shovelled their own grave while doing so. the game lost 80% of its subs after the free month cos the max level bracket was completely dead due to that idiotic change.

gw2 had the exactly same issues, if u were a lowbie and met l80 in full crafted gear he´d turn ur toon into confetti within 3 secs. that game atleast had spvp tho which was fun for abit but as always bg´s get boring extremely fast so most of the playerbase left after the free month aswell.

first rule of the mmo business: never believe a single word of the crap they write on the box. its always marketing bullcrap.

i seriously have a hard time believing that anyone could seriously still fall for that trick. do you guys not go out or something? when have u last time spoke to a business man that told you 100% the truth? i mean, they didnt lie either, afterall u CAN join pvp at l10 and nothing stops u from "jumping right into the action without fear". they merely left out the part that u will die in 2secs to literally anything that looks in ur general direction.

welcome to the real world where everyone all the time tells you half truths to obtain ur money. get used to it :)

Shouldn't you be arm wrestling lowbei or something, mongrel. This is a differentgame. As for the OP, there is a lot of balancing left to be done. Zenimax has so much to work on. With the two week campaign server set up, I wouldn't be surprised to see a campaign with level restrictions.
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on May 30, 2014 5:48AM
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »

Shouldn't you be arm wrestling lowbei or something, mongrel. This is a differentgame. As for the OP, there is a lot of balancing left to be done. Zenimax has so much to work on. With the two week campaign server set up, I wouldn't be surprised to see a campaign with level restrictions.

that would hardly be a worthy challenge, dont u think?

i go gym
    Edited by lao on May 23, 2014 4:11AM
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garetth wrote: »

that has been tried in swtor. result: -800k subs after that patch. i seriously dont get the problem. it takes 1-2 days /played to hit vr1 in eso. ppl should use the time they spend on making these threads about how unfair it is on lvling their toons and they would be vr1. infact the game is out almost 2 months now, if ppl still dont have atleast 1 vr1 char by now they got no right to complain anyways. no problem if ppl play casually but if they cant find 48 hours of free time in 2 months they cant expect to be competitive in pvp. thats less than an hour per day fyi.

You are a ****king ***. End of sentence!

uhm okay?
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭

Just based off this post , you don't want people that give you a challenge you want free kills. easy kills, one shot kills etc etc.

I would go a bit further based off this response that you love to go to the lvl 10 zone on you're geared out PvP toon slaughter lvl 10 and them tell them "it's a PvP server what are you complaining about."

And people wonder why games with multiple servers merge the PvP server together first, Things that make you go HUh

I's also very much like to see this magical 800,000 sub decrease based soley on the information with which you provided in the post.

Do you work for BioWare Austin?
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭

that would hardly be a worthy challenge, dont u think?

i go gym

Awww good for you, now have a cookie and put your nose in the corner. Children like you are to be seen and not heard.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »

Just based off this post , you don't want people that give you a challenge you want free kills. easy kills, one shot kills etc etc.

I would go a bit further based off this response that you love to go to the lvl 10 zone on you're geared out PvP toon slaughter lvl 10 and them tell them "it's a PvP server what are you complaining about."

And people wonder why games with multiple servers merge the PvP server together first, Things that make you go HUh

I's also very much like to see this magical 800,000 sub decrease based soley on the information with which you provided in the post.

http://i.imgur.com/Dt8zJ.png

note: the graph is not quite up to date but u can see the tendency and i couldnt find anything more recent. didnt rly try hard tho if u care enough google it urself.

your welcome

and no id prefer fighting more vr players as they give more interesting fights. ur just supermad right now. if u would possess the ability to read properly u would realize that i said ppl should level up instead of whining about absolutely everything all the frikkin time. its pisseasy to get a vr level character in this game but if ppl insist on whining all day instead of lvling and still dont have a single vr character at this point after 2 months almost they deserve to get killed..

doesnt rly matter what i say anyways as ur just a cranky little boy who wants everything handed to him on a silver plate.

"mimimi i wanna be teh rockstar in pvp but i dont wanna put any effort in. y u no let me pewpew at l10 stoopid game?! mimimi"

disgusting....
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭

note: the graph is not quite up to date but u can see the tendency and i couldnt find anything more recent. didnt rly try hard tho if u care enough google it urself.

your welcome

and no id prefer fighting more vr players as they give more interesting fights. ur just supermad right now. if u would possess the ability to read properly u would realize that i said ppl should level up instead of whining about absolutely everything all the frikkin time. its pisseasy to get a vr level character in this game but if ppl insist on whining all day instead of lvling and still dont have a single vr character at this point after 2 months almost they deserve to get killed..

doesnt rly matter what i say anyways as ur just a cranky little boy who wants everything handed to him on a silver plate.

"mimimi i wanna be teh rockstar in pvp but i dont wanna put any effort in. y u no let me pewpew at l10 stoopid game?! mimimi"

disgusting....

Not sure if your aware of this, mongrel, not everyone lives in their mothers basement and have the time to play 80 hours a week. If your IQ was higher than 80 you might have been able to reason that out. But you keep trying buddy.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭

your welcome

disgusting....

LMAO "you're funny Petersan"
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for ppl in my alliance who are trying to pvp at ten and so on but you know?..I did it..aaand when i got sick of being wtfpwned i went to pve and leveled.... and came back and yes..there was someone still higher level than me..so..i stayed til i got tired of it and went to pve and came back. and now that im V10...guess what?..there are groups larger than mine with V10s and former emperors and..I kill enough to be happy i stuck around.

Stick it out..follow Vets and stay in the rear..trust me we get killed in 4 seconds flat still..it happens..BUT. Its a pixel death..resurrect and go back at it again.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

your welcome

disgusting....

Not sure if your aware of this, mongrel, not everyone lives in their mothers basement and have the time to play 80 hours a week. If your IQ was higher than 80 you might have been able to reason that out. But you keep trying buddy.

lol so mad. as ur obviously too mad to do the math urself ill help you out.

most efficient way to vr1 takes 2 ppl and 17 hours. lets assume ur solo and bad at the game (realistic conditions) lets say you need 48 hours to 50. lets also assume u didnt get the headstart and started at 4.4. u would have played the game for 49 days then. 48 / 49 = 0.9795 hours per day = 58.77 minutes per day

58.77 minutes per day -> 6.8565 hours per week. lets round up to 7 hours a week

7 hours a week would have gotten you vr1 by now. not quite 80 hours a week but keep trying (whining) buddy.

stay ez son and take some chill pills before u pop a blood vessel.
    Edited by lao on May 23, 2014 4:57AM
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭

your welcome

disgusting....

most efficient way to vr1 takes 2 ppl and 17 hours. lets assume ur solo and bad at the game (realistic conditions) lets say you need 48 hours to 50. lets also assume u didnt get the headstart and started at 4.4. u would have played the game for 49 days then. 48 / 49 = 0.9795 hours per day = 58.77 minutes per day

7 hours a week would have gotten you vr1 by now. not quite 80 hours a week but keep trying (whining) buddy.

I have been aware of that leveling strategy since November of last year. Lets keep this discussion on track for people that will play the game as it was intended to be played. You have no idea how a playerbase works do you?In fact it is obvious, leave these kinds of discussions to your betters. You can keep trying if you insist, but your lack of perspective guarantees that you have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion or any other discussion in this forum.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

your welcome

disgusting....

I have been aware of that leveling strategy since November of last year. Lets keep this discussion on track for people that will play the game as it was intended to be played. You have no idea how a playerbase works do you?In fact it is obvious, leave these kinds of discussions to your betters. You can keep trying if you insist, but your lack of perspective guarantees that you have nothing worthwhile to add to this discussion or any other discussion in this forum.

hahahahahah. casual scrub trying to talk down to me. hilarious. i know very very well how a playerbase works but im not gonna take ppl into consideration that intentionally go the slow road and then complain cos others werent that stupid.

you know, i have a rl m8 who is the definition of casual cos he simply doesnt have much time to play. he just started the game. he did some quests and was going slow. i told him to grind cos its faster and linked him a guide. now he grinds and gets big chunks of xp in the little time he plays. he is not a brainless moron so he will go the most efficient way rather than beeing a stubborn whiner.

looking at these forums i should be almost the only one who even has the right to post as most of u just try to dumb the game down to a level so even u could compete. ZOS needs to stop listening to all u scrubs and instead listen to the ppl like me who actually have something to say that will turn this into a better game.

seriously u casuals have ruined enough games with ur clueless opinions on how things should be. step back and let the pros who actually know what they are talking about handle this. maybe u can learn a thing or two.
    Edited by lao on May 23, 2014 1:39PM
  • xDonMega
    xDonMega
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that vet ranks are equivalent to master levels and it was a terrible idea to implement them at the initial release of the game.
    Edited by xDonMega on May 23, 2014 2:17PM
  • Rev780
    Rev780
    lao is a troll as he is on just about ever thread downing people. Just ignore the kid and his blown up ego of himself.
  • DeathsProxy
    To be fair, everyone execpt emperor/former emperor does the same dmg on a siege weapon. I suggest using those for low lvl players, they will provide more dps and get you more kills than you own skills for the most part. New players to pvp will always be at a disadvantage in this game. There is alot of skills out there and new players will spamm dmg skills and not understand that the big nasty DK is using spell reflect and sending those arrows back at him with 20% more dmg on top. The amount of legolas's i see killing themselves on my reflect is borderline hilarious.

Vet 10/12 and gear is a nice bonus, but knowing what skills to use on what classes and using different builds for different encounters is something someone whos been pvping non-stop will be taking advantage of. New players to pvp will just use the same build they use in PvE generally, and have no knowledge of enemy skills.
    In my owns opinion, knowledge is the bigger imbalance. And some players just arnt willing to learn, the ones that are, prosper.

Now you can cry about this on the forums, till ZoS nerfs everything into the ground and makes everything obtainable for all players, at that point hardcore players would just leave, and the PvP would become a ghosttown except for a few hours in primetime maybe. Even then i suspect it would be dead. Generally the nature of mmos IS imbalanced. Everyone wants to be the dragonborn, no one wants to be the guard with the arrow in his knee.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rev780 wrote: »
    lao is a troll as he is on just about ever thread downing people. Just ignore the kid and his blown up ego of himself.

nah just on clueless bads like you. u get what u deserve uc?
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, everyone execpt emperor/former emperor does the same dmg on a siege weapon. I suggest using those for low lvl players, they will provide more dps and get you more kills than you own skills for the most part. New players to pvp will always be at a disadvantage in this game. There is alot of skills out there and new players will spamm dmg skills and not understand that the big nasty DK is using spell reflect and sending those arrows back at him with 20% more dmg on top. The amount of legolas's i see killing themselves on my reflect is borderline hilarious.

Vet 10/12 and gear is a nice bonus, but knowing what skills to use on what classes and using different builds for different encounters is something someone whos been pvping non-stop will be taking advantage of. New players to pvp will just use the same build they use in PvE generally, and have no knowledge of enemy skills.
    In my owns opinion, knowledge is the bigger imbalance. And some players just arnt willing to learn, the ones that are, prosper.

Now you can cry about this on the forums, till ZoS nerfs everything into the ground and makes everything obtainable for all players, at that point hardcore players would just leave, and the PvP would become a ghosttown except for a few hours in primetime maybe. Even then i suspect it would be dead. Generally the nature of mmos IS imbalanced. Everyone wants to be the dragonborn, no one wants to be the guard with the arrow in his knee.

^this
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭

your welcome

disgusting....

hahahahahah. casual scrub trying to talk down to me. hilarious. i know very very well how a playerbase works but im not gonna take ppl into consideration that intentionally go the slow road and then complain cos others werent that stupid.

you know, i have a rl m8 who is the definition of casual cos he simply doesnt have much time to play. he just started the game. he did some quests and was going slow. i told him to grind cos its faster and linked him a guide. now he grinds and gets big chunks of xp in the little time he plays. he is not a brainless moron so he will go the most efficient way rather than beeing a stubborn whiner.

looking at these forums i should be almost the only one who even has the right to post as most of u just try to dumb the game down to a level so even u could compete. ZOS needs to stop listening to all u scrubs and instead listen to the ppl like me who actually have something to say that will turn this into a better game.

seriously u casuals have ruined enough games with ur clueless opinions on how things should be. step back and let the pros who actually know what they are talking about handle this. maybe u can learn a thing or two.

I've been playing as much as I possibly can with my full-time white collar job. I'm still in the 30's because a) I have responsibilities in the real world, and b) I want to play through for the content, not race to V12.

That is the thing-- we're paying money to play this game. Why treat all PvE as a hindrance to be avoided and grind through XP "the most efficient way possible."

I played Oblivion and Skyrim for hundreds of hours. I like the world and the environment. I spent 2 weeks strictly doing PvP (level 24-26) because it was fun, even though I was lower level. Now I get killed instantly by grinders who go to V10.

I've gone back to focusing on PvE and I'll go to PvP once I am veteran level. Of course, by the time I am V12, I'm sure the grinders will have complained and complained and the cap will increase past V12.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh this continues to pop up:

Its viable to go into Cyrodil at level 10. There are plenty of things for you to do. To think you can fight with keep guards and people 100 levels above you is silly.

Low levels in Cyrodil are support/stealth/siege characters, not PvP characters.

You have utility as a low level char, may not be what you want it to be, but its there.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the cyrodiil mobs are being affected by the VR bug for everything less than VR 10.

We'll see if the patch coming up fixes it.
    Hey guys,

This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

• lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭

your welcome

disgusting....

I've been playing as much as I possibly can with my full-time white collar job. I'm still in the 30's because a) I have responsibilities in the real world, and b) I want to play through for the content, not race to V12.

That is the thing-- we're paying money to play this game. Why treat all PvE as a hindrance to be avoided and grind through XP "the most efficient way possible."

I played Oblivion and Skyrim for hundreds of hours. I like the world and the environment. I spent 2 weeks strictly doing PvP (level 24-26) because it was fun, even though I was lower level. Now I get killed instantly by grinders who go to V10.

I've gone back to focusing on PvE and I'll go to PvP once I am veteran level. Of course, by the time I am V12, I'm sure the grinders will have complained and complained and the cap will increase past V12.

look theres nothing wrong with playing through the content. you pay ur sub so u can play how u prefer. perfectly fine. just dont whine that u cant compete in pvp vs ppl who decided to be more effective cos thats just stupid. no1 points a gun to your head and forces you to play slow. thats YOUR decision and YOUR decision alone so u have to deal with the consequences.

and lol trust me no1 wants additional VR´s except hardcore pvers maybe.