Maintenance for the week of January 25:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – January 28, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/559438/

Ugh... So frustrated I have to leave PvP

  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daoc BGs kicked ass, but Daoc had such a huge pvp population on each server it wasnt difficult to fill the frontier and the battlegrounds.
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    slayer7800 wrote: »
    Some people have suggested having different campaigns for pre veteran ranks. I'm not sure if they have the population to support that though seeing there is really only 1 active NA campaign currently.

    that has been tried in swtor. result: -800k subs after that patch. i seriously dont get the problem. it takes 1-2 days /played to hit vr1 in eso. ppl should use the time they spend on making these threads about how unfair it is on lvling their toons and they would be vr1. infact the game is out almost 2 months now, if ppl still dont have atleast 1 vr1 char by now they got no right to complain anyways. no problem if ppl play casually but if they cant find 48 hours of free time in 2 months they cant expect to be competitive in pvp. thats less than an hour per day fyi.

    Just based off this post , you don't want people that give you a challenge you want free kills. easy kills, one shot kills etc etc.

    I would go a bit further based off this response that you love to go to the lvl 10 zone on you're geared out PvP toon slaughter lvl 10 and them tell them "it's a PvP server what are you complaining about."

    And people wonder why games with multiple servers merge the PvP server together first, Things that make you go HUh

    I's also very much like to see this magical 800,000 sub decrease based soley on the information with which you provided in the post.

    Do you work for BioWare Austin?

    http://i.imgur.com/Dt8zJ.png

    note: the graph is not quite up to date but u can see the tendency and i couldnt find anything more recent. didnt rly try hard tho if u care enough google it urself.

    your welcome

    and no id prefer fighting more vr players as they give more interesting fights. ur just supermad right now. if u would possess the ability to read properly u would realize that i said ppl should level up instead of whining about absolutely everything all the frikkin time. its pisseasy to get a vr level character in this game but if ppl insist on whining all day instead of lvling and still dont have a single vr character at this point after 2 months almost they deserve to get killed..

    doesnt rly matter what i say anyways as ur just a cranky little boy who wants everything handed to him on a silver plate.

    "mimimi i wanna be teh rockstar in pvp but i dont wanna put any effort in. y u no let me pewpew at l10 stoopid game?! mimimi"

    disgusting....

    Not sure if your aware of this, mongrel, not everyone lives in their mothers basement and have the time to play 80 hours a week. If your IQ was higher than 80 you might have been able to reason that out. But you keep trying buddy.

    I play 2-3 hours a day and I'm VR8.


    So yes, you're mad

    How nice for you. I have a full time job, a part time job, go to school part time and volunteer at the veterans hospital every other week. Grow up and you might get some perspective kid.
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    slayer7800 wrote: »
    Some people have suggested having different campaigns for pre veteran ranks. I'm not sure if they have the population to support that though seeing there is really only 1 active NA campaign currently.

    that has been tried in swtor. result: -800k subs after that patch. i seriously dont get the problem. it takes 1-2 days /played to hit vr1 in eso. ppl should use the time they spend on making these threads about how unfair it is on lvling their toons and they would be vr1. infact the game is out almost 2 months now, if ppl still dont have atleast 1 vr1 char by now they got no right to complain anyways. no problem if ppl play casually but if they cant find 48 hours of free time in 2 months they cant expect to be competitive in pvp. thats less than an hour per day fyi.

    Just based off this post , you don't want people that give you a challenge you want free kills. easy kills, one shot kills etc etc.

    I would go a bit further based off this response that you love to go to the lvl 10 zone on you're geared out PvP toon slaughter lvl 10 and them tell them "it's a PvP server what are you complaining about."

    And people wonder why games with multiple servers merge the PvP server together first, Things that make you go HUh

    I's also very much like to see this magical 800,000 sub decrease based soley on the information with which you provided in the post.

    Do you work for BioWare Austin?

    http://i.imgur.com/Dt8zJ.png

    note: the graph is not quite up to date but u can see the tendency and i couldnt find anything more recent. didnt rly try hard tho if u care enough google it urself.

    your welcome

    and no id prefer fighting more vr players as they give more interesting fights. ur just supermad right now. if u would possess the ability to read properly u would realize that i said ppl should level up instead of whining about absolutely everything all the frikkin time. its pisseasy to get a vr level character in this game but if ppl insist on whining all day instead of lvling and still dont have a single vr character at this point after 2 months almost they deserve to get killed..

    doesnt rly matter what i say anyways as ur just a cranky little boy who wants everything handed to him on a silver plate.

    "mimimi i wanna be teh rockstar in pvp but i dont wanna put any effort in. y u no let me pewpew at l10 stoopid game?! mimimi"

    disgusting....

    Not sure if your aware of this, mongrel, not everyone lives in their mothers basement and have the time to play 80 hours a week. If your IQ was higher than 80 you might have been able to reason that out. But you keep trying buddy.

    I play 2-3 hours a day and I'm VR8.


    So yes, you're mad

    How nice for you. I have a full time job, a part time job, go to school part time and volunteer at the veterans hospital every other week. Grow up and you might get some perspective kid.


    Uh....I have a full time job and own a house (hence why I only get 2-3 hours)...

    So, keep being mad.
    Edited by drwoody44b14_ESO on May 29, 2014 3:13PM
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    slayer7800 wrote: »
    Some people have suggested having different campaigns for pre veteran ranks. I'm not sure if they have the population to support that though seeing there is really only 1 active NA campaign currently.

    that has been tried in swtor. result: -800k subs after that patch. i seriously dont get the problem. it takes 1-2 days /played to hit vr1 in eso. ppl should use the time they spend on making these threads about how unfair it is on lvling their toons and they would be vr1. infact the game is out almost 2 months now, if ppl still dont have atleast 1 vr1 char by now they got no right to complain anyways. no problem if ppl play casually but if they cant find 48 hours of free time in 2 months they cant expect to be competitive in pvp. thats less than an hour per day fyi.

    Just based off this post , you don't want people that give you a challenge you want free kills. easy kills, one shot kills etc etc.

    I would go a bit further based off this response that you love to go to the lvl 10 zone on you're geared out PvP toon slaughter lvl 10 and them tell them "it's a PvP server what are you complaining about."

    And people wonder why games with multiple servers merge the PvP server together first, Things that make you go HUh

    I's also very much like to see this magical 800,000 sub decrease based soley on the information with which you provided in the post.

    Do you work for BioWare Austin?

    http://i.imgur.com/Dt8zJ.png

    note: the graph is not quite up to date but u can see the tendency and i couldnt find anything more recent. didnt rly try hard tho if u care enough google it urself.

    your welcome

    and no id prefer fighting more vr players as they give more interesting fights. ur just supermad right now. if u would possess the ability to read properly u would realize that i said ppl should level up instead of whining about absolutely everything all the frikkin time. its pisseasy to get a vr level character in this game but if ppl insist on whining all day instead of lvling and still dont have a single vr character at this point after 2 months almost they deserve to get killed..

    doesnt rly matter what i say anyways as ur just a cranky little boy who wants everything handed to him on a silver plate.

    "mimimi i wanna be teh rockstar in pvp but i dont wanna put any effort in. y u no let me pewpew at l10 stoopid game?! mimimi"

    disgusting....

    Not sure if your aware of this, mongrel, not everyone lives in their mothers basement and have the time to play 80 hours a week. If your IQ was higher than 80 you might have been able to reason that out. But you keep trying buddy.

    I play 2-3 hours a day and I'm VR8.


    So yes, you're mad

    How nice for you. I have a full time job, a part time job, go to school part time and volunteer at the veterans hospital every other week. Grow up and you might get some perspective kid.


    Uh....I have a full time job and own a house (hence why I only get 2-3 hours)...

    So, keep being mad.

    I have a full time job and own a house, and probably play 2 hours frequently (not every day)... and I am level 38.

    I'm guessing you had some free time on weekends or other times that you could play a bit more. Not saying you're wrong, just that having a full time job and especially kids (I don't have kids yet, so more free time) would prevent a lot of people from being VR+ at this point.
  • Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    You know something is wrong when all you do in pvp is fight npcs.

    I don't like zerging so I've been playing in medium pop campaign, which has been pretty much dead ever since latest patch came out. We no longer get enough people to take a keep during any time of the day (even if we do, we just get wiped by some idiot spamming broken mercs). Which just makes even more people leave the campaign.
    It makes no sense for guards to be a higher threat than players. If we wanted to fight against npcs all day, we'd stick to pve zones.
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

    R.I.P. Wabbajack
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I had the most fun at PvP at the first day of early access (-5 days) where everyone was just around level 20 and there were also no vampires and zerging guilds etc... It was such a great experience and fun :)

    Now of course everything is different and more serious. Unfortunately too serious, since many people apparently live more in cyrodiil than in real life :) Sometimes I look around in PvP and kill a few people but since I have a job I wont be able to compete with most of the no-lifers.
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    slayer7800 wrote: »
    Some people have suggested having different campaigns for pre veteran ranks. I'm not sure if they have the population to support that though seeing there is really only 1 active NA campaign currently.

    that has been tried in swtor. result: -800k subs after that patch. i seriously dont get the problem. it takes 1-2 days /played to hit vr1 in eso. ppl should use the time they spend on making these threads about how unfair it is on lvling their toons and they would be vr1. infact the game is out almost 2 months now, if ppl still dont have atleast 1 vr1 char by now they got no right to complain anyways. no problem if ppl play casually but if they cant find 48 hours of free time in 2 months they cant expect to be competitive in pvp. thats less than an hour per day fyi.

    Just based off this post , you don't want people that give you a challenge you want free kills. easy kills, one shot kills etc etc.

    I would go a bit further based off this response that you love to go to the lvl 10 zone on you're geared out PvP toon slaughter lvl 10 and them tell them "it's a PvP server what are you complaining about."

    And people wonder why games with multiple servers merge the PvP server together first, Things that make you go HUh

    I's also very much like to see this magical 800,000 sub decrease based soley on the information with which you provided in the post.

    Do you work for BioWare Austin?

    http://i.imgur.com/Dt8zJ.png

    note: the graph is not quite up to date but u can see the tendency and i couldnt find anything more recent. didnt rly try hard tho if u care enough google it urself.

    your welcome

    and no id prefer fighting more vr players as they give more interesting fights. ur just supermad right now. if u would possess the ability to read properly u would realize that i said ppl should level up instead of whining about absolutely everything all the frikkin time. its pisseasy to get a vr level character in this game but if ppl insist on whining all day instead of lvling and still dont have a single vr character at this point after 2 months almost they deserve to get killed..

    doesnt rly matter what i say anyways as ur just a cranky little boy who wants everything handed to him on a silver plate.

    "mimimi i wanna be teh rockstar in pvp but i dont wanna put any effort in. y u no let me pewpew at l10 stoopid game?! mimimi"

    disgusting....

    Not sure if your aware of this, mongrel, not everyone lives in their mothers basement and have the time to play 80 hours a week. If your IQ was higher than 80 you might have been able to reason that out. But you keep trying buddy.

    I play 2-3 hours a day and I'm VR8.


    So yes, you're mad

    How nice for you. I have a full time job, a part time job, go to school part time and volunteer at the veterans hospital every other week. Grow up and you might get some perspective kid.


    Uh....I have a full time job and own a house (hence why I only get 2-3 hours)...

    So, keep being mad.

    Hahaha I am just so mad. Im glad you have a house though, that is just great. I bought mine last year. Only 3.4% interest rate too. Your "youmadbro" comments remind me of my 14 year old brother. Hard to imagine a grown man with that intellect. But then again, you probably do just fine at the factory with all 65 IQ points you got. By the way, do you have anything to add to this thread aside from trying to flame me? Just curious.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    @lao, just try to be less of a *** and people will listen to you. Insulting people you know nothing about and making up statistics doesn't help you prove your points.
    Some basic grammar and formatting would help a bit too, really.

    1) not making up statistics. its been proven and confirmed many times how long it takes to lvl to vr1.

    2) my grammar is flawless. if ur referring to "u" "ur" instead of you and your/you´re i couldnt give any less of a *** as this is the internet and not some english test. pointing out stuff like that when its more than obvious what is meant is just childish and proves u have no valid point to make. no1 likes grammar nazis fyi.

    3) i dont need to prove any points as they have already been proven countless times.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    slayer7800 wrote: »
    Some people have suggested having different campaigns for pre veteran ranks. I'm not sure if they have the population to support that though seeing there is really only 1 active NA campaign currently.

    that has been tried in swtor. result: -800k subs after that patch. i seriously dont get the problem. it takes 1-2 days /played to hit vr1 in eso. ppl should use the time they spend on making these threads about how unfair it is on lvling their toons and they would be vr1. infact the game is out almost 2 months now, if ppl still dont have atleast 1 vr1 char by now they got no right to complain anyways. no problem if ppl play casually but if they cant find 48 hours of free time in 2 months they cant expect to be competitive in pvp. thats less than an hour per day fyi.

    Just based off this post , you don't want people that give you a challenge you want free kills. easy kills, one shot kills etc etc.

    I would go a bit further based off this response that you love to go to the lvl 10 zone on you're geared out PvP toon slaughter lvl 10 and them tell them "it's a PvP server what are you complaining about."

    And people wonder why games with multiple servers merge the PvP server together first, Things that make you go HUh

    I's also very much like to see this magical 800,000 sub decrease based soley on the information with which you provided in the post.

    Do you work for BioWare Austin?

    http://i.imgur.com/Dt8zJ.png

    note: the graph is not quite up to date but u can see the tendency and i couldnt find anything more recent. didnt rly try hard tho if u care enough google it urself.

    your welcome

    and no id prefer fighting more vr players as they give more interesting fights. ur just supermad right now. if u would possess the ability to read properly u would realize that i said ppl should level up instead of whining about absolutely everything all the frikkin time. its pisseasy to get a vr level character in this game but if ppl insist on whining all day instead of lvling and still dont have a single vr character at this point after 2 months almost they deserve to get killed..

    doesnt rly matter what i say anyways as ur just a cranky little boy who wants everything handed to him on a silver plate.

    "mimimi i wanna be teh rockstar in pvp but i dont wanna put any effort in. y u no let me pewpew at l10 stoopid game?! mimimi"

    disgusting....

    Not sure if your aware of this, mongrel, not everyone lives in their mothers basement and have the time to play 80 hours a week. If your IQ was higher than 80 you might have been able to reason that out. But you keep trying buddy.

    I play 2-3 hours a day and I'm VR8.


    So yes, you're mad

    ^this
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lao‌ Would you mind it that as a veteran player you had a bit of challenge killing a non veteran? I mean you would still have the advantage of gear, skill points and ranked skill trees up to 50 to use the top end abilities. So the chance you would lose would be small, but a skilled non veteran player would stand a chance against an unskilled veteran.

    Would you be alright with such a buff for non veterans? You will still reap the benefit of your hard work and those that decide to take leveling slow, yet still want to enjoy pvp, could do that and have more fun than now.

    I am not on to say "I want it all and I want it now,", but I am also not someone to say "I have worked hard for it, so I deserve to be indestructible to non veterans".

    I honestly think that boosting non veteran players a bit more would benefit both sides. The skilled non veterans can kill bad veterans and skilled veterans would still rule the playing field.

    As it is now, especially with the buff to npc's and leaving behind the non veterans, you don't find any challenge when you encounter some lower level players. You can easily solo 5 of them without fear of dying. Wouldn't you like to have at least a bit of challenge?

    As I said before and will say again; the buff to non veterans should still leave the veterans stronger, just not by this crazy amount.

    Before the patch I could kill the npc's in Cyrodiil pve with some challenge and time with my then in her 20's healing specced nightblade. Now those npc's destroy her in while she has gotten to lvl 36. Not talking guards here btw, they should be much stronger to keep sieges a challenge for everyone.

    Would you mind if we non veterans get buffed to the strength of the normal npc's in Cyrodiil? We would still be much weaker than you, but would last longer than 2 seconds. For example a veteran dragon knight pulled me towards him with his chains a few days back, just those chains took 70% of my health.

    The fact that I died very quickly was no problem since he managed to pull me into a group of theirs so I should have been destroyed. I was careless and deserved a thrashing, but the damage only his pull did scared me. It clearly showed that the difference between veterans and non veterans is too great.

    This is not a game with normal open pvp where top level players are free to gank newbies. This is a game in which newbies get a boost so that they can at least put of a bit of a fight. The last patch and high ranked veterans broke that.

    The result was that they needed to buff the npc's, but forgot to buff the non veterans by the same amount.

    If you got this far, thanks for reading and sorry for the long post. :)

    i have no problem with buffing lowbies abit. the important part here is abit. they should still always die to high vr ppl in 1v1 100% of the time. this is needed as generation WoW whined enough over the years to remove every single skill aspect from mmos cos they couldnt compete. the logical consequence is that levels and gear are the deciding factor now. in the end u brought this on urself so dont complain now. btw im currently lvling an alt by only questing, no grind at all. *** me its annoying and boring compared to grinding but for the sake of science ill do it. so far l40 @ 1 day 15 hours /played. what exactly are you complaining about ?
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the beginning mixed PvP was the cheapest way to go for ZOS. It was way to offer it to everyone without having to make more instances of it for specific levels.

    You had to see this coming. It is why we rushed to vr10 and geared up in the first place then entered Cyrodil.

    It was never going to be a long term or viable option to levelling players. The next step, I can presume, is with the heavy bleed in subs, devs will simply turn the other campaigns into level specific campaigns for levellers.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the beginning mixed PvP was the cheapest way to go for ZOS. It was way to offer it to everyone without having to make more instances of it for specific levels.

    You had to see this coming. It is why we rushed to vr10 and geared up in the first place then entered Cyrodil.

    It was never going to be a long term or viable option to levelling players. The next step, I can presume, is with the heavy bleed in subs, devs will simply turn the other campaigns into level specific campaigns for levellers.

    and then the game is done. why would anyone invest a week of play to lvl a char to vr10/12 if u can just pve 2 hours and join some l10 campaign and do the exactly same stuff. once u levelled out of the campaigns lvl range u just reroll a new 2 hours /played character and repeat. yay we have never seen that happen before....owait yea we did....many times.

    srsly considering how insanely easy it is to get to vr1 i dont understand why we even discuss this topic. generation WoW is really just a bunch of talentless crybabies.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    Kungfu wrote: »
    @lao, just try to be less of a *** and people will listen to you. Insulting people you know nothing about and making up statistics doesn't help you prove your points.
    Some basic grammar and formatting would help a bit too, really.

    1) not making up statistics. its been proven and confirmed many times how long it takes to lvl to vr1.

    2) my grammar is flawless. if ur referring to "u" "ur" instead of you and your/you´re i couldnt give any less of a *** as this is the internet and not some english test. pointing out stuff like that when its more than obvious what is meant is just childish and proves u have no valid point to make. no1 likes grammar nazis fyi.

    3) i dont need to prove any points as they have already been proven countless times.

    Time to level to VR1 was only one of the stats you mention. It's not even quantifiable, much less "proven and confirmed". All of your other "stats" are made up on the fly because you're pissy.

    Eh, "no 1 likes grammar nazis" ? Matter of fact, most people appreciate a post that is easy to read. It's not a grammar exam. Thank goodness. Doesn't make it bad advice. Originally, those were suggestions that might help you get your point across and ways that might get your readers reasons to agree with you more and argue with you less. When you can mature enough to accept criticism and better yourself for it, I might enjoy debating with you.

    Until then... You gave not a single reply to the points I made which are relative to the post. I appreciate your desire to defend yourself and it's certainly expected.

    But what about the War & Peace sized novelette of a post I wrote discussing the actual topic at hand?

    You really don't have an argument or proof, do you? All you've stated thus far are opinions based solely around the "you should have to PvE to VR ranks because I did" attitude. You state that level 10 players getting one-shot and level 30 players getting 3-shot by NPC guards is the way it 'should' be. But you give no real reason for it except to gripe that somebody who disagrees with you is "whining".

    Here. I'll restate it in this post for those who don't read all of 'em:
    Kungfu wrote: »
    @lao ... If you don't like it lao, that's no excuse to insult people or to outright dismiss their concerns for Cyrodiil bolstering & NPC damage. Why exactly are you so angry about the idea of increasing low-level bolstering? I'm not here whining - I'm offering up the thought that maybe the game would be more fun for ALL levels if you could truly get out there and play well at any stage. Why exactly would that suck?
    I should be required to lose to another player because he / she preferred to PvE through VRs / dungeons / etc. ?

    Why is it that so many gamers are so definitively against letting people level in PvP / AvA / RvR zones? All it really boils down to is that there are some people out there who prefer to level in PvP zones IF they can. NPCs doing damage at levels that one-shot a bolstered level 10 or 3-shot a bolstered level 30 is a great way to block that... but aren't you really just saying "look what ZOS developed! We are so proud of our PvE system that we don't care whether you prefer it or not - PLAY IT OR DIE REPEATEDLY" ?



    Stat & damage bolstering just needs to be tweaked a little and (IMO) it should be done in such a way that your character's level is taken into account. So that levels 10 - 49 feel less and less need to leave PvP and go PvE just to survive.

    So...
    Why is a buff to bolstering so bad for everyone?

    From my perspective, it gives all players that much more reason to get out and join in Cyrodiil. The more players we have out there (and the fewer the servers we have) the less we will see imbalance issues per-campaign and the more targets we'll all have for fighting.

    Lowbies getting slaughtered by NPC guards and pushing PvE-for-Cyrodiil's sake makes no sense in a long-term plan for this game.
    Lowbies getting slaughtered by players? I can't complain about that, really. But I still think a buff (much more than they did with 1.1.2) to bolstering is in order.
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    slayer7800 wrote: »
    Some people have suggested having different campaigns for pre veteran ranks. I'm not sure if they have the population to support that though seeing there is really only 1 active NA campaign currently.

    that has been tried in swtor. result: -800k subs after that patch. i seriously dont get the problem. it takes 1-2 days /played to hit vr1 in eso. ppl should use the time they spend on making these threads about how unfair it is on lvling their toons and they would be vr1. infact the game is out almost 2 months now, if ppl still dont have atleast 1 vr1 char by now they got no right to complain anyways. no problem if ppl play casually but if they cant find 48 hours of free time in 2 months they cant expect to be competitive in pvp. thats less than an hour per day fyi.

    Just based off this post , you don't want people that give you a challenge you want free kills. easy kills, one shot kills etc etc.

    I would go a bit further based off this response that you love to go to the lvl 10 zone on you're geared out PvP toon slaughter lvl 10 and them tell them "it's a PvP server what are you complaining about."

    And people wonder why games with multiple servers merge the PvP server together first, Things that make you go HUh

    I's also very much like to see this magical 800,000 sub decrease based soley on the information with which you provided in the post.

    Do you work for BioWare Austin?

    http://i.imgur.com/Dt8zJ.png

    note: the graph is not quite up to date but u can see the tendency and i couldnt find anything more recent. didnt rly try hard tho if u care enough google it urself.

    your welcome

    and no id prefer fighting more vr players as they give more interesting fights. ur just supermad right now. if u would possess the ability to read properly u would realize that i said ppl should level up instead of whining about absolutely everything all the frikkin time. its pisseasy to get a vr level character in this game but if ppl insist on whining all day instead of lvling and still dont have a single vr character at this point after 2 months almost they deserve to get killed..

    doesnt rly matter what i say anyways as ur just a cranky little boy who wants everything handed to him on a silver plate.

    "mimimi i wanna be teh rockstar in pvp but i dont wanna put any effort in. y u no let me pewpew at l10 stoopid game?! mimimi"

    disgusting....

    Not sure if your aware of this, mongrel, not everyone lives in their mothers basement and have the time to play 80 hours a week. If your IQ was higher than 80 you might have been able to reason that out. But you keep trying buddy.

    I play 2-3 hours a day and I'm VR8.


    So yes, you're mad

    How nice for you. I have a full time job, a part time job, go to school part time and volunteer at the veterans hospital every other week. Grow up and you might get some perspective kid.


    Uh....I have a full time job and own a house (hence why I only get 2-3 hours)...

    So, keep being mad.

    Hahaha I am just so mad. Im glad you have a house though, that is just great. I bought mine last year. Only 3.4% interest rate too. Your "youmadbro" comments remind me of my 14 year old brother. Hard to imagine a grown man with that intellect. But then again, you probably do just fine at the factory with all 65 IQ points you got. By the way, do you have anything to add to this thread aside from trying to flame me? Just curious.

    Should I also mention that I service medial equipment in a hospital setting with my 65IQ for a living?

    I'm guessing you're furious at this point.
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @lao‌ Why should they still have to lose against veteran players 100% of the time? If they are both of equal skill then absolutely, but if the veteran is downright bad the skilled non-veteran should stand a decent chance 1v1. I do not consider myself a skilled player btw 1v1 so I will still lose most of those fights, which is why I like bigger groups. :blush:

    You say that the WoW generation whined and thus every single skill aspect was removed, but doesn't buffing lower level players closer to the veteran's playing field increase the required skill for everyone? What skill is there to be able to destroy non-veterans no matter how bad you are simply because Zenimax made the difference this big? Your logic seems flawed to me.

    We, as in all the non-veterans, also are not the WoW generation by default, so don't pull that nonsense here. It is just downright silly and untrue.

    I am sorry to hear you are finding the questing boring compared to grinding. Myself I love the story and the quests are better than in any mmo I have played before. However tastes differ so I will not say anything negative about your preferences, I am just sorry you are not having fun questing.

    In regards to complaining; I am not complaining that I level too slowly, in fact I level slightly too fast for my own liking since I often encounter greyed out quests which means I have outleveled the content a bit. Also not complaining about that though since it is a logical result of the fact that I also did quite some pvp and Cyrodiil quests so it is my own fault.

    My only complaint is that simply because someone has reached veteran status, no matter how terrible the player is, he or she can destroy lower level players without any challenge. You say the (nonexistent) WoW generation is the cause of that because they dumbed down that game for the casuals which only effected pve btw, but at the same time you are defending a complete and total dumbing down of your own challenge vs lower levels.

    Don't you want everyone to be challenging? Do you consider veterans superior beings that deserve to be gods compared to non-veterans simply because they leveled up faster which has nothing to do with skill? I seriously don't understand your fear of a bigger buff for lower leveled players.

    Skilled veterans would still win 1v1 vs a skilled non-veteran, just not as easily.
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    In the beginning mixed PvP was the cheapest way to go for ZOS. It was way to offer it to everyone without having to make more instances of it for specific levels.

    You had to see this coming. It is why we rushed to vr10 and geared up in the first place then entered Cyrodil.

    It was never going to be a long term or viable option to levelling players. The next step, I can presume, is with the heavy bleed in subs, devs will simply turn the other campaigns into level specific campaigns for levellers.

    and then the game is done. why would anyone invest a week of play to lvl a char to vr10/12 if u can just pve 2 hours and join some l10 campaign and do the exactly same stuff. once u levelled out of the campaigns lvl range u just reroll a new 2 hours /played character and repeat. yay we have never seen that happen before....owait yea we did....many times.

    srsly considering how insanely easy it is to get to vr1 i dont understand why we even discuss this topic. generation WoW is really just a bunch of talentless crybabies.

    You repeat the same thing over and over in every single one of your posts. People want the game to be fun and they don't want to have to exploit to become competitive in PvP. Your "leveling strategy" is an exploit and you should be banned from the forums for condoning it. You talk about WoW generation this and that, saying we want it and we want it now, when YOU were the one that exploited to get xp to level up fast. I have never played WoW but I have played other MMOs. You are so contradictory it is not even funny. You have to have a massive level advantage to be good at PvP and you don't want the playing field leveled. Pretty sad really.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »

    i have no problem with buffing lowbies abit. the important part here is abit. they should still always die to high vr ppl in 1v1 100% of the time. this is needed as generation WoW whined enough over the years to remove every single skill aspect from mmos cos they couldnt compete. the logical consequence is that levels and gear are the deciding factor now. in the end u brought this on urself so dont complain now. btw im currently lvling an alt by only questing, no grind at all. *** me its annoying and boring compared to grinding but for the sake of science ill do it. so far l40 @ 1 day 15 hours /played. what exactly are you complaining about ?

    AHA! I see it now.
    I think you actually believe you're arguing that better SKILLED players should always win.

    But dude... level does not equal skill. I prefer a system in which player skill > player level (for the most part). I am okay with a VR12 slaughtering level 10s, 20s, 30s. But a BAD VR+ player should not get an automatic win over a skilled PvP player who is level 40.

    I don't think you realize that, while you argue more and more for VRs to be important, you're actually removing the human player's skills more and more. So, really -- it's people like YOU who whined and whined about level strength and ruined other games' PvP.

    So many people want to feel like their time investment to reach VR## was important \ useful \ necessary. So, because of that population, I will agree that it needs to play A role in 1v1 when two players are of equal skill on equal PCs using equal internet connections, etc. etc.
    But it has no place in the PvE that is fort sieging and it should not be assumed that ANY VR## can ALWAYS kill ANY lvl## player.

    Especially since you say "srsly considering how insanely easy it is to get to vr1" what would be the harm in bolstering players to something like VRank(floor(level) / 10) stats & damage levels?
    If you're not into code, I'm suggesting that any player in levels 10-19 becomes VR1, 20-29 becomes VR2, 30-39 VR3... etc.

    If it's so easy to get to VR1, why not just bolster people to it and increase the Cyrodiil population naturally?

    That's an absolute brainstorm idea and I realize there are immediate & glaring issues with such a system. My point is that it wouldn't take too long for a dev team to flesh out more of a buff to the current system that would allow level 10s to get stomped by you, lao and still be able to survive a few hits from NPC guards.

    Edited by Kungfu on May 29, 2014 4:22PM
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    In the beginning mixed PvP was the cheapest way to go for ZOS. It was way to offer it to everyone without having to make more instances of it for specific levels.

    You had to see this coming. It is why we rushed to vr10 and geared up in the first place then entered Cyrodil.

    It was never going to be a long term or viable option to levelling players. The next step, I can presume, is with the heavy bleed in subs, devs will simply turn the other campaigns into level specific campaigns for levellers.

    and then the game is done. why would anyone invest a week of play to lvl a char to vr10/12 if u can just pve 2 hours and join some l10 campaign and do the exactly same stuff. once u levelled out of the campaigns lvl range u just reroll a new 2 hours /played character and repeat. yay we have never seen that happen before....owait yea we did....many times.

    srsly considering how insanely easy it is to get to vr1 i dont understand why we even discuss this topic. generation WoW is really just a bunch of talentless crybabies.

    You repeat the same thing over and over in every single one of your posts. People want the game to be fun and they don't want to have to exploit to become competitive in PvP. Your "leveling strategy" is an exploit and you should be banned from the forums for condoning it. You talk about WoW generation this and that, saying we want it and we want it now, when YOU were the one that exploited to get xp to level up fast. I have never played WoW but I have played other MMOs. You are so contradictory it is not even funny. You have to have a massive level advantage to be good at PvP and you don't want the playing field leveled. Pretty sad really.

    Throwing personal insults in every argument just proves that your argument holds no weight.

    Next you'll be questioning his job title and IQ.
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    In the beginning mixed PvP was the cheapest way to go for ZOS. It was way to offer it to everyone without having to make more instances of it for specific levels.

    You had to see this coming. It is why we rushed to vr10 and geared up in the first place then entered Cyrodil.

    It was never going to be a long term or viable option to levelling players. The next step, I can presume, is with the heavy bleed in subs, devs will simply turn the other campaigns into level specific campaigns for levellers.

    and then the game is done. why would anyone invest a week of play to lvl a char to vr10/12 if u can just pve 2 hours and join some l10 campaign and do the exactly same stuff. once u levelled out of the campaigns lvl range u just reroll a new 2 hours /played character and repeat. yay we have never seen that happen before....owait yea we did....many times.

    srsly considering how insanely easy it is to get to vr1 i dont understand why we even discuss this topic. generation WoW is really just a bunch of talentless crybabies.

    You repeat the same thing over and over in every single one of your posts. People want the game to be fun and they don't want to have to exploit to become competitive in PvP. Your "leveling strategy" is an exploit and you should be banned from the forums for condoning it. You talk about WoW generation this and that, saying we want it and we want it now, when YOU were the one that exploited to get xp to level up fast. I have never played WoW but I have played other MMOs. You are so contradictory it is not even funny. You have to have a massive level advantage to be good at PvP and you don't want the playing field leveled. Pretty sad really.

    Throwing personal insults in every argument just proves that your argument holds no weight.

    Next you'll be questioning his job title and IQ.

    How did you put it? Oh yea... You mad...Bro?
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kungfu wrote: »
    lao wrote: »

    i have no problem with buffing lowbies abit. the important part here is abit. they should still always die to high vr ppl in 1v1 100% of the time. this is needed as generation WoW whined enough over the years to remove every single skill aspect from mmos cos they couldnt compete. the logical consequence is that levels and gear are the deciding factor now. in the end u brought this on urself so dont complain now. btw im currently lvling an alt by only questing, no grind at all. *** me its annoying and boring compared to grinding but for the sake of science ill do it. so far l40 @ 1 day 15 hours /played. what exactly are you complaining about ?

    AHA! I see it now.
    I think you actually believe you're arguing that better SKILLED players should always win.

    But dude... level does not equal skill. I prefer a system in which player skill > player level (for the most part). I am okay with a VR12 slaughtering level 10s, 20s, 30s. But a BAD VR+ player should not get an automatic win over a skilled PvP player who is level 40.

    I don't think you realize that, while you argue more and more for VRs to be important, you're actually removing the human player's skills more and more. So, really -- it's people like YOU who whined and whined about level strength and ruined other games' PvP.

    So many people want to feel like their time investment to reach VR## was important \ useful \ necessary. So, because of that population, I will agree that it needs to play A role in 1v1 when two players are of equal skill on equal PCs using equal internet connections, etc. etc.
    But it has no place in the PvE that is fort sieging and it should not be assumed that ANY VR## can ALWAYS kill ANY lvl## player.

    Especially since you say "srsly considering how insanely easy it is to get to vr1" what would be the harm in bolstering players to something like VRank(floor(level) / 10) stats & damage levels?
    If you're not into code, I'm suggesting that any player in levels 10-19 becomes VR1, 20-29 becomes VR2, 30-39 VR3... etc.

    If it's so easy to get to VR1, why not just bolster people to it and increase the Cyrodiil population naturally?

    That's an absolute brainstorm idea and I realize there are immediate & glaring issues with such a system. My point is that it wouldn't take too long for a dev team to flesh out more of a buff to the current system that would allow level 10s to get stomped by you, lao and still be able to survive a few hits from NPC guards.

    i would very much prefer a game where playerskill > player levels. problem with that is this. eso has no noticable skill ceiling. a monkey can do fine in pvp in this game. there is absolutely nothing skilled about it. if ur bad at pvp u most likely suffer from significant brain damage. this is not an insult as im not talking to you specifically btw.

    in a game that has zero playerskill elements, gear and levels will be the deciding factors. if you wanna remove that aswell then why have pve at all? seems like a giant waste of time then. just delete all pve zones and give instant vr12 on character creation then and spawn us directly in cyrodiil.

    buffing them is fine but if u buff them that much that they can stand a chance vs a fully geared vr12 character it defeats the purpose of pve.
  • drwoody44b14_ESO
    drwoody44b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    In the beginning mixed PvP was the cheapest way to go for ZOS. It was way to offer it to everyone without having to make more instances of it for specific levels.

    You had to see this coming. It is why we rushed to vr10 and geared up in the first place then entered Cyrodil.

    It was never going to be a long term or viable option to levelling players. The next step, I can presume, is with the heavy bleed in subs, devs will simply turn the other campaigns into level specific campaigns for levellers.

    and then the game is done. why would anyone invest a week of play to lvl a char to vr10/12 if u can just pve 2 hours and join some l10 campaign and do the exactly same stuff. once u levelled out of the campaigns lvl range u just reroll a new 2 hours /played character and repeat. yay we have never seen that happen before....owait yea we did....many times.

    srsly considering how insanely easy it is to get to vr1 i dont understand why we even discuss this topic. generation WoW is really just a bunch of talentless crybabies.

    You repeat the same thing over and over in every single one of your posts. People want the game to be fun and they don't want to have to exploit to become competitive in PvP. Your "leveling strategy" is an exploit and you should be banned from the forums for condoning it. You talk about WoW generation this and that, saying we want it and we want it now, when YOU were the one that exploited to get xp to level up fast. I have never played WoW but I have played other MMOs. You are so contradictory it is not even funny. You have to have a massive level advantage to be good at PvP and you don't want the playing field leveled. Pretty sad really.

    Throwing personal insults in every argument just proves that your argument holds no weight.

    Next you'll be questioning his job title and IQ.

    How did you put it? Oh yea... You mad...Bro?

    I'm not the one raging and insulting everyone in my arguments sir :smiley:
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    I would retract that last bit of your post. When that exploit gets addressed and can no longer be used to quickly level, we will see that I am right and you, are wrong. You are a repulsive individual and i think all the readers of this forum can agree, Zenimax would not have spent 200 million dollars developing an MMO so players can go grind for 17 hours and be at endgame. It is not I that is delusional buddy.

    [Moderator Edit: Removed quote from moderated post.]
    Edited by ZOS_LeroyW on May 29, 2014 4:46PM
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lao‌ Why should they still have to lose against veteran players 100% of the time? If they are both of equal skill then absolutely, but if the veteran is downright bad the skilled non-veteran should stand a decent chance 1v1. I do not consider myself a skilled player btw 1v1 so I will still lose most of those fights, which is why I like bigger groups. :blush:

    You say that the WoW generation whined and thus every single skill aspect was removed, but doesn't buffing lower level players closer to the veteran's playing field increase the required skill for everyone? What skill is there to be able to destroy non-veterans no matter how bad you are simply because Zenimax made the difference this big? Your logic seems flawed to me.

    We, as in all the non-veterans, also are not the WoW generation by default, so don't pull that nonsense here. It is just downright silly and untrue.

    I am sorry to hear you are finding the questing boring compared to grinding. Myself I love the story and the quests are better than in any mmo I have played before. However tastes differ so I will not say anything negative about your preferences, I am just sorry you are not having fun questing.

    In regards to complaining; I am not complaining that I level too slowly, in fact I level slightly too fast for my own liking since I often encounter greyed out quests which means I have outleveled the content a bit. Also not complaining about that though since it is a logical result of the fact that I also did quite some pvp and Cyrodiil quests so it is my own fault.

    My only complaint is that simply because someone has reached veteran status, no matter how terrible the player is, he or she can destroy lower level players without any challenge. You say the (nonexistent) WoW generation is the cause of that because they dumbed down that game for the casuals which only effected pve btw, but at the same time you are defending a complete and total dumbing down of your own challenge vs lower levels.

    Don't you want everyone to be challenging? Do you consider veterans superior beings that deserve to be gods compared to non-veterans simply because they leveled up faster which has nothing to do with skill? I seriously don't understand your fear of a bigger buff for lower leveled players.

    Skilled veterans would still win 1v1 vs a skilled non-veteran, just not as easily.

    well get zenimax to actually make this game playerskill driven and sure im all in for buffing lowbies. matter of fact is eso is not playerskill driven at all. only 12 skills max at a time. no hard CC, no hard interupts, aoe spam fest, no positional skills, no reactionary skills, nothing. this game is a complete nobrainer therefor levels/gear are the only thing that seperates players from each other. it is sad yes but thats how it is. remove that and u might aswell remove pve alltogether as it doesnt serve a purpose then other than beeing an overall annoyance.

    also i never said no to buffs for lowbies. buffing them abit is fine but if we have no skill elements to seperate players from each other then we need other factors to do that. the real issue i have with all the crybabies whining is their mentality. its extremely fast to level up in this game even if u play casual. i have every class in the game at 35+ and my main at almost vr9 while only playing like 2-3 hours a day max. it is not hard at all. anyone who thinks it takes too long to lvl up should have tried mmos from 15 years ago. u would have thrown urself of the balcony on day 2 straight away. yet no1 complained about it back then. why you ask? simple. back then mmo players werent a bunch of talentless scrubs that got horribly wrong impressions on how mmos should be from trashgames like WoW. really stop making it sound like it is an effort to lvl to vr1 in eso and get ur *** together and just get it done. it is not hard. there is no reason to whine about it other than beeing a crybaby who will just whine about everything anyways.
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    @lao‌ Why should they still have to lose against veteran players 100% of the time? If they are both of equal skill then absolutely, but if the veteran is downright bad the skilled non-veteran should stand a decent chance 1v1. I do not consider myself a skilled player btw 1v1 so I will still lose most of those fights, which is why I like bigger groups. :blush:

    You say that the WoW generation whined and thus every single skill aspect was removed, but doesn't buffing lower level players closer to the veteran's playing field increase the required skill for everyone? What skill is there to be able to destroy non-veterans no matter how bad you are simply because Zenimax made the difference this big? Your logic seems flawed to me.

    We, as in all the non-veterans, also are not the WoW generation by default, so don't pull that nonsense here. It is just downright silly and untrue.

    I am sorry to hear you are finding the questing boring compared to grinding. Myself I love the story and the quests are better than in any mmo I have played before. However tastes differ so I will not say anything negative about your preferences, I am just sorry you are not having fun questing.

    In regards to complaining; I am not complaining that I level too slowly, in fact I level slightly too fast for my own liking since I often encounter greyed out quests which means I have outleveled the content a bit. Also not complaining about that though since it is a logical result of the fact that I also did quite some pvp and Cyrodiil quests so it is my own fault.

    My only complaint is that simply because someone has reached veteran status, no matter how terrible the player is, he or she can destroy lower level players without any challenge. You say the (nonexistent) WoW generation is the cause of that because they dumbed down that game for the casuals which only effected pve btw, but at the same time you are defending a complete and total dumbing down of your own challenge vs lower levels.

    Don't you want everyone to be challenging? Do you consider veterans superior beings that deserve to be gods compared to non-veterans simply because they leveled up faster which has nothing to do with skill? I seriously don't understand your fear of a bigger buff for lower leveled players.

    Skilled veterans would still win 1v1 vs a skilled non-veteran, just not as easily.

    well get zenimax to actually make this game playerskill driven and sure im all in for buffing lowbies. matter of fact is eso is not playerskill driven at all. only 12 skills max at a time. no hard CC, no hard interupts, aoe spam fest, no positional skills, no reactionary skills, nothing. this game is a complete nobrainer therefor levels/gear are the only thing that seperates players from each other. it is sad yes but thats how it is. remove that and u might aswell remove pve alltogether as it doesnt serve a purpose then other than beeing an overall annoyance.

    also i never said no to buffs for lowbies. buffing them abit is fine but if we have no skill elements to seperate players from each other then we need other factors to do that. the real issue i have with all the crybabies whining is their mentality. its extremely fast to level up in this game even if u play casual. i have every class in the game at 35+ and my main at almost vr9 while only playing like 2-3 hours a day max. it is not hard at all. anyone who thinks it takes too long to lvl up should have tried mmos from 15 years ago. u would have thrown urself of the balcony on day 2 straight away. yet no1 complained about it back then. why you ask? simple. back then mmo players werent a bunch of talentless scrubs that got horribly wrong impressions on how mmos should be from trashgames like WoW. really stop making it sound like it is an effort to lvl to vr1 in eso and get ur *** together and just get it done. it is not hard. there is no reason to whine about it other than beeing a crybaby who will just whine about everything anyways.

    The thing you dont seem to get is that "back then" what were your options? You didn't like the very few available MMOs out, you didn't play the whole genre. Of this game is going to be all it can be, it is very important to realize its not the 90s anymore and people have tons of other games they could go play. I want to see this game succeed, that is all. I personally dont struggle in pvp, but I know there are tons of people that do. That is why I advocate some changes to the pvp set up. If this game is to make it through these early stages there will be sacrifices to be made. It is just frustrating that people dont get that. Unfortunately for you, it would seem your favorite game was DAoC. You won't find another game that fills the same niche. If you want ESO to maybe be comparable, its going to have to survive and retain players. In order to maintain the general population's interest in pvp, some balance changes will have to be made. Wether it is separate campaigns or buffed lowbies, the status quo is not working and I thinkwe can all agree on that.
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @lao‌ You keep saying we are whining about the leveling speed, we are not. We are just saying that pvp would be more fun for everyone if the playing field was a little more equal. Not completely equal, veteran players should still be stronger, just not by the insane amount they are now.

    Nothing more, nothing less. No whining involved. I even said I considered my own leveling slightly faster than I wished for, but that I wasn't complaining about that either because it was my own doing.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    @lao‌ Why should they still have to lose against veteran players 100% of the time? If they are both of equal skill then absolutely, but if the veteran is downright bad the skilled non-veteran should stand a decent chance 1v1. I do not consider myself a skilled player btw 1v1 so I will still lose most of those fights, which is why I like bigger groups. :blush:

    You say that the WoW generation whined and thus every single skill aspect was removed, but doesn't buffing lower level players closer to the veteran's playing field increase the required skill for everyone? What skill is there to be able to destroy non-veterans no matter how bad you are simply because Zenimax made the difference this big? Your logic seems flawed to me.

    We, as in all the non-veterans, also are not the WoW generation by default, so don't pull that nonsense here. It is just downright silly and untrue.

    I am sorry to hear you are finding the questing boring compared to grinding. Myself I love the story and the quests are better than in any mmo I have played before. However tastes differ so I will not say anything negative about your preferences, I am just sorry you are not having fun questing.

    In regards to complaining; I am not complaining that I level too slowly, in fact I level slightly too fast for my own liking since I often encounter greyed out quests which means I have outleveled the content a bit. Also not complaining about that though since it is a logical result of the fact that I also did quite some pvp and Cyrodiil quests so it is my own fault.

    My only complaint is that simply because someone has reached veteran status, no matter how terrible the player is, he or she can destroy lower level players without any challenge. You say the (nonexistent) WoW generation is the cause of that because they dumbed down that game for the casuals which only effected pve btw, but at the same time you are defending a complete and total dumbing down of your own challenge vs lower levels.

    Don't you want everyone to be challenging? Do you consider veterans superior beings that deserve to be gods compared to non-veterans simply because they leveled up faster which has nothing to do with skill? I seriously don't understand your fear of a bigger buff for lower leveled players.

    Skilled veterans would still win 1v1 vs a skilled non-veteran, just not as easily.

    well get zenimax to actually make this game playerskill driven and sure im all in for buffing lowbies. matter of fact is eso is not playerskill driven at all. only 12 skills max at a time. no hard CC, no hard interupts, aoe spam fest, no positional skills, no reactionary skills, nothing. this game is a complete nobrainer therefor levels/gear are the only thing that seperates players from each other. it is sad yes but thats how it is. remove that and u might aswell remove pve alltogether as it doesnt serve a purpose then other than beeing an overall annoyance.

    also i never said no to buffs for lowbies. buffing them abit is fine but if we have no skill elements to seperate players from each other then we need other factors to do that. the real issue i have with all the crybabies whining is their mentality. its extremely fast to level up in this game even if u play casual. i have every class in the game at 35+ and my main at almost vr9 while only playing like 2-3 hours a day max. it is not hard at all. anyone who thinks it takes too long to lvl up should have tried mmos from 15 years ago. u would have thrown urself of the balcony on day 2 straight away. yet no1 complained about it back then. why you ask? simple. back then mmo players werent a bunch of talentless scrubs that got horribly wrong impressions on how mmos should be from trashgames like WoW. really stop making it sound like it is an effort to lvl to vr1 in eso and get ur *** together and just get it done. it is not hard. there is no reason to whine about it other than beeing a crybaby who will just whine about everything anyways.

    The thing you dont seem to get is that "back then" what were your options? You didn't like the very few available MMOs out, you didn't play the whole genre. Of this game is going to be all it can be, it is very important to realize its not the 90s anymore and people have tons of other games they could go play. I want to see this game succeed, that is all. I personally dont struggle in pvp, but I know there are tons of people that do. That is why I advocate some changes to the pvp set up. If this game is to make it through these early stages there will be sacrifices to be made. It is just frustrating that people dont get that. Unfortunately for you, it would seem your favorite game was DAoC. You won't find another game that fills the same niche. If you want ESO to maybe be comparable, its going to have to survive and retain players. In order to maintain the general population's interest in pvp, some balance changes will have to be made. Wether it is separate campaigns or buffed lowbies, the status quo is not working and I thinkwe can all agree on that.

    what u dont seem to get is that the changes u suggest will just help to kill the game even quicker. ur right its not gonna survive its first year. with the changes u suggest its not even gonna make it to the 6 months mark. in order to sustain a healthy population a game needs to be hard. there needs to be room for improvement, preferably playerskill wise ofc but level and gear improvement also does its part. since its already impossible to impove on the playerskill part in this game as anyone none braindead should have the game figured out within a month the only other long term motivation comes from improving ur character. if u take that away by making everyone equal (or close to equal) the game will just die instantly. right now theres alot of ppl that keep playing cos they wanna get to max level cos they think that is needed to compete and ofc have fun in pvp. once u make everyone equal ppl will just realize how bad and boring the pvp in this game actually is and quit.

    that power gap is effectively giving them time to fix the game but in order to do so they need to stop listening to random zerglings making clueless points and start listen to the few of us that actually have something of value to say.
    Edited by lao on May 29, 2014 5:36PM
  • ErykGrimm
    ErykGrimm
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    @lao‌ Why should they still have to lose against veteran players 100% of the time? If they are both of equal skill then absolutely, but if the veteran is downright bad the skilled non-veteran should stand a decent chance 1v1. I do not consider myself a skilled player btw 1v1 so I will still lose most of those fights, which is why I like bigger groups. :blush:

    You say that the WoW generation whined and thus every single skill aspect was removed, but doesn't buffing lower level players closer to the veteran's playing field increase the required skill for everyone? What skill is there to be able to destroy non-veterans no matter how bad you are simply because Zenimax made the difference this big? Your logic seems flawed to me.

    We, as in all the non-veterans, also are not the WoW generation by default, so don't pull that nonsense here. It is just downright silly and untrue.

    I am sorry to hear you are finding the questing boring compared to grinding. Myself I love the story and the quests are better than in any mmo I have played before. However tastes differ so I will not say anything negative about your preferences, I am just sorry you are not having fun questing.

    In regards to complaining; I am not complaining that I level too slowly, in fact I level slightly too fast for my own liking since I often encounter greyed out quests which means I have outleveled the content a bit. Also not complaining about that though since it is a logical result of the fact that I also did quite some pvp and Cyrodiil quests so it is my own fault.

    My only complaint is that simply because someone has reached veteran status, no matter how terrible the player is, he or she can destroy lower level players without any challenge. You say the (nonexistent) WoW generation is the cause of that because they dumbed down that game for the casuals which only effected pve btw, but at the same time you are defending a complete and total dumbing down of your own challenge vs lower levels.

    Don't you want everyone to be challenging? Do you consider veterans superior beings that deserve to be gods compared to non-veterans simply because they leveled up faster which has nothing to do with skill? I seriously don't understand your fear of a bigger buff for lower leveled players.

    Skilled veterans would still win 1v1 vs a skilled non-veteran, just not as easily.

    well get zenimax to actually make this game playerskill driven and sure im all in for buffing lowbies. matter of fact is eso is not playerskill driven at all. only 12 skills max at a time. no hard CC, no hard interupts, aoe spam fest, no positional skills, no reactionary skills, nothing. this game is a complete nobrainer therefor levels/gear are the only thing that seperates players from each other. it is sad yes but thats how it is. remove that and u might aswell remove pve alltogether as it doesnt serve a purpose then other than beeing an overall annoyance.

    also i never said no to buffs for lowbies. buffing them abit is fine but if we have no skill elements to seperate players from each other then we need other factors to do that. the real issue i have with all the crybabies whining is their mentality. its extremely fast to level up in this game even if u play casual. i have every class in the game at 35+ and my main at almost vr9 while only playing like 2-3 hours a day max. it is not hard at all. anyone who thinks it takes too long to lvl up should have tried mmos from 15 years ago. u would have thrown urself of the balcony on day 2 straight away. yet no1 complained about it back then. why you ask? simple. back then mmo players werent a bunch of talentless scrubs that got horribly wrong impressions on how mmos should be from trashgames like WoW. really stop making it sound like it is an effort to lvl to vr1 in eso and get ur *** together and just get it done. it is not hard. there is no reason to whine about it other than beeing a crybaby who will just whine about everything anyways.

    The thing you dont seem to get is that "back then" what were your options? You didn't like the very few available MMOs out, you didn't play the whole genre. Of this game is going to be all it can be, it is very important to realize its not the 90s anymore and people have tons of other games they could go play. I want to see this game succeed, that is all. I personally dont struggle in pvp, but I know there are tons of people that do. That is why I advocate some changes to the pvp set up. If this game is to make it through these early stages there will be sacrifices to be made. It is just frustrating that people dont get that. Unfortunately for you, it would seem your favorite game was DAoC. You won't find another game that fills the same niche. If you want ESO to maybe be comparable, its going to have to survive and retain players. In order to maintain the general population's interest in pvp, some balance changes will have to be made. Wether it is separate campaigns or buffed lowbies, the status quo is not working and I thinkwe can all agree on that.

    what u dont seem to get is that the changes u suggest will just help to kill the game even quicker. ur right its not gonna survive its first year. with the changes u suggest its not even gonna make it to the 6 months mark. in order to sustain a healthy population a game needs to be hard. there needs to be room for improvement, preferably playerskill wise ofc but level and gear improvement also does its part. since its already impossible to impove on the playerskill part in this game as anyone none braindead should have the game figured out within a month the only other long term motivation comes from improving ur character. if u take that away by making everyone equal (or close to equal) the game will just die instantly. right now theres alot of ppl that keep playing cos they wanna get to max level cos they think that is needed to compete and ofc have fun in pvp. once u make everyone equal ppl will just realize how bad and boring the pvp in this game actually is and quit.

    that power gap is effectively giving them time to fix the game but in order to do so they need to stop listening to random zerglings making clueless points and start listen to the few of us that actually have something of value to say.

    I appreciate the fact that you took the time to edit your post and be sure to include some form of insult, I knew something was missing when I first read it. Perhaps split the campaigns but give incentive for lowbies that play with the big boys. You add nothing to this forum. You give no reasonable alternatives and you cannot compromise in any capacity. There is more than one way to skin a cat is a saying that comes to mind. But I grow weary of trying to reason and extract a creative solution from a rock. By the way if you had any value to this community you could argue that your opinions were more valuable than anothers.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    @lao‌ Why should they still have to lose against veteran players 100% of the time? If they are both of equal skill then absolutely, but if the veteran is downright bad the skilled non-veteran should stand a decent chance 1v1. I do not consider myself a skilled player btw 1v1 so I will still lose most of those fights, which is why I like bigger groups. :blush:

    You say that the WoW generation whined and thus every single skill aspect was removed, but doesn't buffing lower level players closer to the veteran's playing field increase the required skill for everyone? What skill is there to be able to destroy non-veterans no matter how bad you are simply because Zenimax made the difference this big? Your logic seems flawed to me.

    We, as in all the non-veterans, also are not the WoW generation by default, so don't pull that nonsense here. It is just downright silly and untrue.

    I am sorry to hear you are finding the questing boring compared to grinding. Myself I love the story and the quests are better than in any mmo I have played before. However tastes differ so I will not say anything negative about your preferences, I am just sorry you are not having fun questing.

    In regards to complaining; I am not complaining that I level too slowly, in fact I level slightly too fast for my own liking since I often encounter greyed out quests which means I have outleveled the content a bit. Also not complaining about that though since it is a logical result of the fact that I also did quite some pvp and Cyrodiil quests so it is my own fault.

    My only complaint is that simply because someone has reached veteran status, no matter how terrible the player is, he or she can destroy lower level players without any challenge. You say the (nonexistent) WoW generation is the cause of that because they dumbed down that game for the casuals which only effected pve btw, but at the same time you are defending a complete and total dumbing down of your own challenge vs lower levels.

    Don't you want everyone to be challenging? Do you consider veterans superior beings that deserve to be gods compared to non-veterans simply because they leveled up faster which has nothing to do with skill? I seriously don't understand your fear of a bigger buff for lower leveled players.

    Skilled veterans would still win 1v1 vs a skilled non-veteran, just not as easily.

    well get zenimax to actually make this game playerskill driven and sure im all in for buffing lowbies. matter of fact is eso is not playerskill driven at all. only 12 skills max at a time. no hard CC, no hard interupts, aoe spam fest, no positional skills, no reactionary skills, nothing. this game is a complete nobrainer therefor levels/gear are the only thing that seperates players from each other. it is sad yes but thats how it is. remove that and u might aswell remove pve alltogether as it doesnt serve a purpose then other than beeing an overall annoyance.

    also i never said no to buffs for lowbies. buffing them abit is fine but if we have no skill elements to seperate players from each other then we need other factors to do that. the real issue i have with all the crybabies whining is their mentality. its extremely fast to level up in this game even if u play casual. i have every class in the game at 35+ and my main at almost vr9 while only playing like 2-3 hours a day max. it is not hard at all. anyone who thinks it takes too long to lvl up should have tried mmos from 15 years ago. u would have thrown urself of the balcony on day 2 straight away. yet no1 complained about it back then. why you ask? simple. back then mmo players werent a bunch of talentless scrubs that got horribly wrong impressions on how mmos should be from trashgames like WoW. really stop making it sound like it is an effort to lvl to vr1 in eso and get ur *** together and just get it done. it is not hard. there is no reason to whine about it other than beeing a crybaby who will just whine about everything anyways.

    The thing you dont seem to get is that "back then" what were your options? You didn't like the very few available MMOs out, you didn't play the whole genre. Of this game is going to be all it can be, it is very important to realize its not the 90s anymore and people have tons of other games they could go play. I want to see this game succeed, that is all. I personally dont struggle in pvp, but I know there are tons of people that do. That is why I advocate some changes to the pvp set up. If this game is to make it through these early stages there will be sacrifices to be made. It is just frustrating that people dont get that. Unfortunately for you, it would seem your favorite game was DAoC. You won't find another game that fills the same niche. If you want ESO to maybe be comparable, its going to have to survive and retain players. In order to maintain the general population's interest in pvp, some balance changes will have to be made. Wether it is separate campaigns or buffed lowbies, the status quo is not working and I thinkwe can all agree on that.

    what u dont seem to get is that the changes u suggest will just help to kill the game even quicker. ur right its not gonna survive its first year. with the changes u suggest its not even gonna make it to the 6 months mark. in order to sustain a healthy population a game needs to be hard. there needs to be room for improvement, preferably playerskill wise ofc but level and gear improvement also does its part. since its already impossible to impove on the playerskill part in this game as anyone none braindead should have the game figured out within a month the only other long term motivation comes from improving ur character. if u take that away by making everyone equal (or close to equal) the game will just die instantly. right now theres alot of ppl that keep playing cos they wanna get to max level cos they think that is needed to compete and ofc have fun in pvp. once u make everyone equal ppl will just realize how bad and boring the pvp in this game actually is and quit.

    that power gap is effectively giving them time to fix the game but in order to do so they need to stop listening to random zerglings making clueless points and start listen to the few of us that actually have something of value to say.

    I appreciate the fact that you took the time to edit your post and be sure to include some form of insult, I knew something was missing when I first read it. Perhaps split the campaigns but give incentive for lowbies that play with the big boys. You add nothing to this forum. You give no reasonable alternatives and you cannot compromise in any capacity. There is more than one way to skin a cat is a saying that comes to mind. But I grow weary of trying to reason and extract a creative solution from a rock. By the way if you had any value to this community you could argue that your opinions were more valuable than anothers.

    i gave a ton of suggestions on how to fix the game on these forums already. im tired of repeating myself. and yes my opinion is alot more valuable than most others here as i actually know what im talking about. and no i will not compromise with stupid suggestions made by ppl who dont have the insight to even comprehend basic things. why would i?
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy solution is to separate VR from 10-50. Not only would it make PVP more enjoyable for people that are leveling, but it would also help with PVP population.

    However, it would present a problem with 'home' campaigns, as most people will easily manage to reach VR before a campaign is done. Even then though, it would be easy to pick your home campaign at 50 and have two guest campaigns.

    An added benefit is more people would use PVP as another way to level, ensuring that they are more experienced in PVP by the time choices are made with home campaigns.
  • fyendiarb16_ESO
    fyendiarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    ErykGrimm wrote: »
    lao wrote: »
    @lao‌ Why should they still have to lose against veteran players 100% of the time? If they are both of equal skill then absolutely, but if the veteran is downright bad the skilled non-veteran should stand a decent chance 1v1. I do not consider myself a skilled player btw 1v1 so I will still lose most of those fights, which is why I like bigger groups. :blush:

    You say that the WoW generation whined and thus every single skill aspect was removed, but doesn't buffing lower level players closer to the veteran's playing field increase the required skill for everyone? What skill is there to be able to destroy non-veterans no matter how bad you are simply because Zenimax made the difference this big? Your logic seems flawed to me.

    We, as in all the non-veterans, also are not the WoW generation by default, so don't pull that nonsense here. It is just downright silly and untrue.

    I am sorry to hear you are finding the questing boring compared to grinding. Myself I love the story and the quests are better than in any mmo I have played before. However tastes differ so I will not say anything negative about your preferences, I am just sorry you are not having fun questing.

    In regards to complaining; I am not complaining that I level too slowly, in fact I level slightly too fast for my own liking since I often encounter greyed out quests which means I have outleveled the content a bit. Also not complaining about that though since it is a logical result of the fact that I also did quite some pvp and Cyrodiil quests so it is my own fault.

    My only complaint is that simply because someone has reached veteran status, no matter how terrible the player is, he or she can destroy lower level players without any challenge. You say the (nonexistent) WoW generation is the cause of that because they dumbed down that game for the casuals which only effected pve btw, but at the same time you are defending a complete and total dumbing down of your own challenge vs lower levels.

    Don't you want everyone to be challenging? Do you consider veterans superior beings that deserve to be gods compared to non-veterans simply because they leveled up faster which has nothing to do with skill? I seriously don't understand your fear of a bigger buff for lower leveled players.

    Skilled veterans would still win 1v1 vs a skilled non-veteran, just not as easily.

    well get zenimax to actually make this game playerskill driven and sure im all in for buffing lowbies. matter of fact is eso is not playerskill driven at all. only 12 skills max at a time. no hard CC, no hard interupts, aoe spam fest, no positional skills, no reactionary skills, nothing. this game is a complete nobrainer therefor levels/gear are the only thing that seperates players from each other. it is sad yes but thats how it is. remove that and u might aswell remove pve alltogether as it doesnt serve a purpose then other than beeing an overall annoyance.

    also i never said no to buffs for lowbies. buffing them abit is fine but if we have no skill elements to seperate players from each other then we need other factors to do that. the real issue i have with all the crybabies whining is their mentality. its extremely fast to level up in this game even if u play casual. i have every class in the game at 35+ and my main at almost vr9 while only playing like 2-3 hours a day max. it is not hard at all. anyone who thinks it takes too long to lvl up should have tried mmos from 15 years ago. u would have thrown urself of the balcony on day 2 straight away. yet no1 complained about it back then. why you ask? simple. back then mmo players werent a bunch of talentless scrubs that got horribly wrong impressions on how mmos should be from trashgames like WoW. really stop making it sound like it is an effort to lvl to vr1 in eso and get ur *** together and just get it done. it is not hard. there is no reason to whine about it other than beeing a crybaby who will just whine about everything anyways.

    The thing you dont seem to get is that "back then" what were your options? You didn't like the very few available MMOs out, you didn't play the whole genre. Of this game is going to be all it can be, it is very important to realize its not the 90s anymore and people have tons of other games they could go play. I want to see this game succeed, that is all. I personally dont struggle in pvp, but I know there are tons of people that do. That is why I advocate some changes to the pvp set up. If this game is to make it through these early stages there will be sacrifices to be made. It is just frustrating that people dont get that. Unfortunately for you, it would seem your favorite game was DAoC. You won't find another game that fills the same niche. If you want ESO to maybe be comparable, its going to have to survive and retain players. In order to maintain the general population's interest in pvp, some balance changes will have to be made. Wether it is separate campaigns or buffed lowbies, the status quo is not working and I thinkwe can all agree on that.

    what u dont seem to get is that the changes u suggest will just help to kill the game even quicker. ur right its not gonna survive its first year. with the changes u suggest its not even gonna make it to the 6 months mark. in order to sustain a healthy population a game needs to be hard. there needs to be room for improvement, preferably playerskill wise ofc but level and gear improvement also does its part. since its already impossible to impove on the playerskill part in this game as anyone none braindead should have the game figured out within a month the only other long term motivation comes from improving ur character. if u take that away by making everyone equal (or close to equal) the game will just die instantly. right now theres alot of ppl that keep playing cos they wanna get to max level cos they think that is needed to compete and ofc have fun in pvp. once u make everyone equal ppl will just realize how bad and boring the pvp in this game actually is and quit.

    that power gap is effectively giving them time to fix the game but in order to do so they need to stop listening to random zerglings making clueless points and start listen to the few of us that actually have something of value to say.

    I appreciate the fact that you took the time to edit your post and be sure to include some form of insult, I knew something was missing when I first read it. Perhaps split the campaigns but give incentive for lowbies that play with the big boys. You add nothing to this forum. You give no reasonable alternatives and you cannot compromise in any capacity. There is more than one way to skin a cat is a saying that comes to mind. But I grow weary of trying to reason and extract a creative solution from a rock. By the way if you had any value to this community you could argue that your opinions were more valuable than anothers.

    i gave a ton of suggestions on how to fix the game on these forums already. im tired of repeating myself. and yes my opinion is alot more valuable than most others here as i actually know what im talking about. and no i will not compromise with stupid suggestions made by ppl who dont have the insight to even comprehend basic things. why would i?

    ...and with this post you lost all credibility in my eyes. Sorry, but when you consider your own opinion more valuable than any other then you are not someone to discuss with. You are not open to compromise and thus useless in this or any discussion, but that is just my opinion.

    I will therefor not continue reacting to anything you say since it has no value to you anyway and all that should have been said has already been said. Have fun with the game and take care.
Sign In or Register to comment.