The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade Update

• stasa1981eb17_ESO
    stasa1981eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Incoming Fixes & Improvements
    We have ongoing efforts to improve the Nightblade class, and fix some of the outstanding issues. Below is an early look at some of the incoming fixes and improvements you will see in content patch 1.2.X.
    • Incapacitate will increase heavy attack damage.
    • Incapacitating Strike will now be capable of critical strikes.
    • Master Assassin will increase spell power in addition to weapon power.
    • Path of Darkness damage will be increased. The ability will also be visible to all players.
    • Refreshing Path will heal allies. The healing will also be slightly increased.
    • Refreshing Shadows will always be active, and will no longer require you to use an ability.
    Also worth noting, there were three Nightblade class abilities impacted by this general combat note from the 1.1.2 patch notes: Fixed an issue where a number of abilities were not properly able to cause critical strikes.

The abilities impacted by this fix were:
    • Impale (Assassin’s Blade morph)
    • Killer's Blade (Assassin’s Blade morph)
    • Sap Essence (Drain Power morph)

Outstanding Known Issues
    Patch 1.1.2 fixed many outstanding Nightblade issues, but below are some that we are either actively investigating, working on fixes for now, or have recently fixed and will push in a future patch. Please note this list does not reflect every reported Nightblade issue we are currently investigating.

General: Currently, a Nightblade’s own residual outgoing damage-over-time ticks break his or her invisibility. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.

Dark Cloak (Shadow Cloak morph): Dark Cloak is not currently removing damage-over-time (DoT) debuffs as it should be. We’re currently investigating this issue to determine which DoTs are not being removed by Dark Cloak.

Haste: Haste is not currently applying the 30% attack speed increase to ranged weapons as it should be. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Mark Target: Mark Target currently allows you to see and attack targets that are sneaking, but not ones that are invisible. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Path of Darkness: The PFX for Path of Darkness and its morphs will sometimes appear under terrain. We are currently investigating this issue.

Pressure Points: This passive ability is working as intended, but there is a bug with the character sheet not correctly displaying the critical strike rating bonus. We have a fix for this, and it will go out with a future patch.

Siphoning Attacks: This ability’s tooltip will no longer says that it restores health. It never restored health, nor was it intended to. This is a tooltip bug. We have a fix for this, and it will go out with a future patch.

For main charasters as NB.
    So, we can say with a clear conscience to unsubscribe at least 1.2(1.3, 1.4...), because you have a soft-boiled eggs to realize all these fixes now?..
    Okay

Edited by stasa1981eb17_ESO on May 23, 2014 6:27AM
    Options
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm no longer able to use Summon Shade / Dark Shades as an aggro holder while I cycle through groups of enemies. I draw the attention of the group as soon as I attack. Maybe that's how it was always intended.

I'm seeing the same thing. Prior to patch I would slot Shade if there was a particularly tough group and it would hold attention of mobs while I fought a single of the group and so long as I didn't use any AE the other mobs would stay on the shade for it's duration but now they all attack me the instant I attack. Shade is completely useless now. The damage is terrible. Waste of a skill point. I even sunk a second point to get the two shades to see if that made a difference but it doesn't. Add in the fact that veteran mobs are now much harder and it's pretty lame.
    Edited by EQBallzz on May 23, 2014 6:28AM
    Options
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    Also worth noting, there were three Nightblade class abilities impacted by this general combat note from the 1.1.2 patch notes: Fixed an issue where a number of abilities were not properly able to cause critical strikes.

gj....but still, Killer's Blade can crit atm if you dont know...
    also this list should include:
    • Incapacitating Strike - never crit, even from hide, even from cloak with crit morph
    • Path of Darkness and morphs (not 100% sure, but probably never crit)
    • Summon shade and morphs. Both should crit from weapon crit chance! Cant test it due no instruments.
    • Veil of blades. Double check this spell. Should also crit if not.
    • Cripple and morphs. Dots never crit! Crippling grasp crit only on initial damage. Stupid imo
    • Drain power and morphs. NEVER ever crit. Why fix only on Sap Essence? This is only one expensive NBs aoe...
    Take a look at dk dots, they all can crit...mb they shouldt?

Options
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the fixes. I enjoy my hard mode.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
    Options
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beretic wrote: »
    This is unacceptable. NB are useless as of right now. your telling every single NB that they are going to be useless for the new content until you can 'figure out' what is wrong. 2months later I bet you it still will be a broken useless class... Bravo.

How come there are so many current videos showing NB's soloing tough Vet dungeons? I'm confused.
    Options
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    So Patch 1.2.x we must wait about 8 weeks O.o this are 26 Euro till i can play a class which is half broken.

You are more focusing on new content instead of focusing bugfixing an d balancing.

I know what to do now.

Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
    Options
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I play a melee nightblade (dual wield) and I have noticed there are few of us. Some people have said it is too hard, they die too often etc. TBH I haven't had too many issues aside from bug induced ones.

Overall I am happy with my character.. things that bother me are when I die because I am suddenly unable to attack in a fight (no ability works and I can't swing my arms). And this REALLY bothers me.

I haven't really put a whole lot of points in many things because I found that the other abilities are not really interesting to me. I have my preferred abilities (this only includes THREE that are Assassination/NB specific if you count the ultimate, the rest are dual wield weapon abilities & I swap one out when I fight non-bleeders with Silver Shards) and a rotation that I'm happy with. I haven't really needed to invest in anything beyond the numerous interesting passives.

I understand that a lot of that is also play style (I'm not patient enough to sneak every where, though I will open with a sneak attack if I can). Maybe I just haven't noticed the issues too much because I don't really find the class ACTIVE (non-passive) abilities all the interesting (from a melee dual-wield stand point). I don't know.

Either way I DO appreciate the extra effort that is going into investigating and correcting this class-issue, but at the same time I'm getting by ok aside from that one major bug/issue.
    Edited by Anex on May 23, 2014 6:55AM
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
    Options
  • dardywood69connectb16_ESO
    I gotta say I was looking forward to this thread...
    Well if you don't give any ETA in the next couple days, that means it's another month I have to wait at least until my class is fixed... I will not do that sorry.

You just lost a sub.

Peace.
    Options
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garetth wrote: »
    Beretic wrote: »
    This is unacceptable. NB are useless as of right now. your telling every single NB that they are going to be useless for the new content until you can 'figure out' what is wrong. 2months later I bet you it still will be a broken useless class... Bravo.

How come there are so many current videos showing NB's soloing tough Vet dungeons? I'm confused.

Its an exploit with stealth that lets you solo vet dungeons, thats not acceptable either
    Options
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    And it needs alot of time to do that
    Options
  • Siluen
    Siluen
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Less QQ.
    2. Hone your skills with what you currently have.
    3. Melt faces when the buffs land.

Looking forward to it!
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    People are also assuming that after one or two months, when this patch rolls out, that it will actually work.

Sorry this is unacceptable. Absolutely pathetic. I've unsubbed until such time as Zenimax convinces me to give them my hard earned money.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on May 23, 2014 7:12AM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
    Options
  • makkon
    makkon
    ✭✭✭
    Harakh wrote: »
    And it needs alot of time to do that
    its need a huge time. while dk faceroll without dark cloak
    Options
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    @Siluen

Sorry but it is no QQ it is criticism. We want no uber buffs we want fixes on our class, we waited already 2 Month and nothing happend, now we must wait another 1-2 Month to get what the NB need to compete in PvE and PvP.

None wants a NB Tank or DPS in a VR Dungeon and now they make new Content and no group want a NB in it, all i can see ist searching for DK and Mages.
    Options
  • Jarvius
    Jarvius
    ✭✭
    So since ZOS fixed the Spammail issue in the forum with
    We have temporarily disabled private messages on the forums as of 9:30 AM EDT in order to address gold spam issues. We will update this message when they are re-enabled

why not fix the NB issue the same?
    We have temporarily disabled the Nightblade class as of 9:30 AM EDT in order to address class issues. We will update this message when they are re-enabled (in 2-6 months)

I am seriously underwhelmed that we have to wait for a CONTENT update to get major hotfixes of bugs, that have been already report weeks and weeks ago.
    Options
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly they did fix one thing this patch, I have not experienced ONE lockup of my abilities since the patch and I no longer need to spam my keys 3 to 5 times to activate my NB abilities. :)

OTOH I think it was a really bad idea to nerf deathstroke into the ground and to make shade useless. With "buffs" like the shade who need nerfs?

Also there are more hidden nerfs or bugs: Assassin blade can no longer crit, with a crit build I now have one ability left on my main bar that actually use physical crit chance which sort of make medium armor irrelevant.
    Edited by nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO on May 23, 2014 7:34AM
    Options
  • jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    Well, will see if after the patch I will have comparable dps to DK. I'm not talking about making NB same tank as DK is, but at least I see no reason why my dps should be twice as bad as every other class (inlcuding templar).
    Hope it is fixed if not then I will probably stop playing:
    - I spent two months building my NB alt with lots of skyshrds and completing all quests in every zone
    - right now I'm not able to join any competitive PvE party becuase NB are just not considered in party as good dd, indeed I can only do some easy content
    - right now I can play mostly supporter role in PvP because no skills are very usefull in PvP and I'm easy target - just play additional body to kill role.
    Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    makkon wrote: »
    [*] Cripple and morphs. Dots never crit! Crippling grasp crit only on initial damage. Stupid imo

Tactical Foundry has been showing Cripple's DoT effect as doing crits on ticks.
    This is also true of the HoT on Swallow Soul.

I never observed this behaviour prior to today.

Both appear to be based on spell crit rating.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • Aziz006
    Aziz006
    ✭✭✭
    There is ongoing discrimination against NB. I got ignored several times because no one wants to group with NB DPS.
    Fun fact: I recently uncovered that templar healer has better DPS than me on his DPS bar.
    Options
  • dideldumdei
    dideldumdei
    ✭✭
    Incoming Fixes & Improvements
    We have ongoing efforts to improve the Nightblade class, and fix some of the outstanding issues. Below is an early look at some of the incoming fixes and improvements you will see in content patch 1.2.X.
    • Incapacitate will increase heavy attack damage.
    • Incapacitating Strike will now be capable of critical strikes.
    • Master Assassin will increase spell power in addition to weapon power.
    • Path of Darkness damage will be increased. The ability will also be visible to all players.
    • Refreshing Path will heal allies. The healing will also be slightly increased.
    • Refreshing Shadows will always be active, and will no longer require you to use an ability.

Outstanding Known Issues
    Patch 1.1.2 fixed many outstanding Nightblade issues, but below are some that we are either actively investigating, working on fixes for now, or have recently fixed and will push in a future patch. Please note this list does not reflect every reported Nightblade issue we are currently investigating.

General: Currently, a Nightblade’s own residual outgoing damage-over-time ticks break his or her invisibility. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.

Dark Cloak (Shadow Cloak morph): Dark Cloak is not currently removing damage-over-time (DoT) debuffs as it should be. We’re currently investigating this issue to determine which DoTs are not being removed by Dark Cloak.

Haste: Haste is not currently applying the 30% attack speed increase to ranged weapons as it should be. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Mark Target: Mark Target currently allows you to see and attack targets that are sneaking, but not ones that are invisible. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Path of Darkness: The PFX for Path of Darkness and its morphs will sometimes appear under terrain. We are currently investigating this issue.

Pressure Points: This passive ability is working as intended, but there is a bug with the character sheet not correctly displaying the critical strike rating bonus. We have a fix for this, and it will go out with a future patch.

Siphoning Attacks: This ability’s tooltip will no longer says that it restores health. It never restored health, nor was it intended to. This is a tooltip bug. We have a fix for this, and it will go out with a future patch.

If this is your answer to all the threads regarding NB Issues you probably want to read them again to make sure you understand whats going on and fill the list with everything thats not working, for example Shadowy Disguise that needs about 700 Magicka instead of the 420 mentioned in the tool tip. Please tell the Devs to work on their reading comprehension. Thanks in advance!
    Greetings,
    we remind you, that it is okay to disagree and debate, but please keep all disagreements civil, constructive and on-topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the discussion.
    If you have any questions, be sure to review the Code of Conduct and our guide on How to be a Community Hero.
    Thank you for your understanding!

You know I dont want to be a Community Hero, I actually couldnt care less, I want this game to succeed because I like it. This is probably more than some ZOS Employees want by the comments I read here in the Forums.

One Question: What says your Code of Conduct about lieing? Just out of Curiosity...
    Options
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can wait - if anything after being a werewolf from 32-v7 I have learned patience. However, waiting to update fixes in one of your main skill lines till the next major patch is flat out asinine. The fixes added (now) are meretricious for the most part.

Albeit, as aforementioned, I am patient but you should be hot fixing these issues sooner than large updates. However, as a whole, I can understand why people are getting fed up. As it looks right now, you're seemingly gambling with peoples time, money, and view on you as a company.

Ultimately you're penny pinching, waiting to do large updates, instead of addressing brutally blatant hot fixes as need be. Whats going to be a better investment plan? Worrying about the thousands you've lost uploading hot fixes in the meantime or the tens of millions and reputation you're going to lose in the long run?

Options
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    1.2.X????? Are you joking? These is my class and it's totally broken, you should have a team pushing out every week fixes for it. I do not want to play an easy win class like Sorc or templar, I want to play my archetype stealthed class!!!! 1.2.X.... You are ridicoulous.
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
    Options
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh, I forgot you did the same with vampire skills........
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
    Options
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to say that this 'we'll get around to fixing some stuff eventually' attitude is very dismaying.

But hey - it's not like we've paid a big ticket box price and a sub on top. Oh wait!

This is hot fix, not 'we'll get around to it in our own sweet time' stuff.

Your schedule sucks.

When come back bring Unsucky one.
    Options
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you see the hemorrage of accounts these days or not? Why do you think they are going? I tell you my thoughts:
    1 - Bots are everywhere opening all cupboards, desks, chests and everything. You can't even hope to find something valuable like daedric or ancient Elves motifs, but, yes, you can buy them on chinese websites.
    - 2 - 1 class is totally broken
    - 3 - Abilities work in a way they shouldn't; let's take Quick Siphon, morph from resto staff tree. The ability should grant a 100% healing increase to caster attacking target, instead it grants 100% healing on all kind of healings to the caster. it means that i can place quick siphon on a mob and becoming invincible.
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    You know I dont want to be a Community Hero, I actually couldnt care less, I want this game to succeed because I like it. This is probably more than some ZOS Employees want by the comments I read here in the Forums.

One Question: What says your Code of Conduct about lieing? Just out of Curiosity...

Beautiful.
    To add to that point, you know who should be worried about being a "hero" to the community? The people who make this game.

But it seems they couldn't give a crap less about doing so. So why should we?
    Edited by fiachsidhe on May 23, 2014 8:53AM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Blinks
    Blinks
    ✭✭✭
    What funny is I re-rolled a NB after getting a DK up to V1 just after launch... now that's what you call a stupid move. My NB should have 50%+ Melee Crit and I'm only running at 35%, Assassination/Shadow build in FULL Medium Armour, due to the passives not working correctly. That's NOT cool people!!

I prefer to play Melee, and I'm sure equipping daggers doesn't apply the correct Crit bonus either. If I'm not mistaken shouldn't it be 5% Crit per dagger equipped?

I don't know how bad this NERF is with Soul Harvest/morph of Death Stroke but I really hope it isn't too bad as that was an opener for me.

Concealed Weapon morph doesn't increase SNEAK movement speed by 25% as a PASSIVE if Slotted which is why i took it for PvP. I don't wanna be an easy mode Vamp with Speed buff movement.

It would be nice if a DK or a Sorc actually feared a NB in SOME WAY, but as it stands currently they just stand there and LOL at us... Not asking for a MASSIVE Nerf Hammer on some of the other classes (maybe a couple of skills) but to buff us up to a level where they will go " Oh S**** NightBlade!" and have to be on the ball to survive or know what to do in order to deal with us. Waiting another couple of months for a Class Fix is bad.

(IMO) it would be a lot better if Haste increased the speed of all our combat abilities by 30% for 20 seconds to give us some sort of damage increase for hitting faster. I rarely use auto attacks unless I'm all out of Magika or Stamina. Might actually stand a chance against the stronger classes, not that every customers thought is read and actually discussed to see if there idea might actually be better than any ones on your development team.
    Edited by Blinks on May 23, 2014 9:21AM
    ESO, "play your way", As long as its light armor and staff

v14 DK (Re-rolled to NB, because DK is easy-mode)
    v12 Duel Wield Khajiit NightBlade (Re-rolled again to play ranged DPS) Snipe spam

Main v9 Bosmer NB Archer (Can't hit v14 due to ZOS screwing with XP)
    Options
  • Xau
    Xau
    ✭✭
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100723/nb-the-real-truth-pre-and-post-patch#latest

I love this game but there really needs to be more public response to player concerns. Craglorn coming out before major bug fixes was an insult.
    Options
  • mpattarozziub17_ESO
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    I'm no longer able to use Summon Shade / Dark Shades as an aggro holder while I cycle through groups of enemies. I draw the attention of the group as soon as I attack. Maybe that's how it was always intended.

I'm seeing the same thing. Prior to patch I would slot Shade if there was a particularly tough group and it would hold attention of mobs while I fought a single of the group and so long as I didn't use any AE the other mobs would stay on the shade for it's duration but now they all attack me the instant I attack. Shade is completely useless now. The damage is terrible. Waste of a skill point. I even sunk a second point to get the two shades to see if that made a difference but it doesn't. Add in the fact that veteran mobs are now much harder and it's pretty lame.

I loved playing as a rogue that would jump in and out of the shadows, but you're right about the veteran mobs. I just couldn't pull it off anymore, so I've spent the last few hours playing around with different weapons, armors and skills and it just isn't worth playing for me anymore. I did unsubscribe as a result. :(
    Options
  • Jowrik
    Jowrik
    ✭✭✭
    Angua wrote: »
    Thank god I'm not wasting my money waiting on my NB WW to be fixed.

How pitiful my character is... I am a
    1. Nightblade
    2. Werewolf
    3. 2HD Sword User
    4. 5 Heavy Armor, 1 Light, 1 Medium

I currently have kept my Crazy Pendent from Grahtwood that tells me how bad I am... "They would be better off with out you" it tells me all the time... Sometimes I think the group I am with thinks the same...

Right there with you, my character couldn't get any worse at this point:
    - Nightblade
    - Vampire (thank god that got fixed (to some extent?))
    - Bow-only user, build entirely focussed around Mark target, Haste & Siphoning attacks
    - 5 Medium 2 Light
    - Most passives I picked are the ones listed by OP
    Nightblade - Khajiit - Rha'Viir
    PC - EU - Aldmeri Dominion
    Options