The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade Update

• binaryAegis
    Wait. What? Siphoning strikes no longer restore health?

Well, yeah... It's not like that's what "siphoning" means.
    Siphoning Strikes never restored health, only Leeching Strikes. "Siphoning" can also imply that you are taking someone else's energy, which wouldn't you know is precisely what Siphoning Strikes does.

Options
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you folks at ZOS aware of this too?

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100634/whow-you-didn-t-really-buff-shades-you-nerfed-them-hard#latest

You can add this to the "not working as intended" list in the OP. /facepalm
    Edited by Lord_Hev on May 23, 2014 1:00AM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
    Options
  • shinkicker444rwb17_ESO
    While Im happy things are going to be fixed the fact that its going to be so long away is unacceptable. These things should be fixed in the weekly patches if not god damn hotfixed.

I'd also like to reiterate what another poster has said, some of us really do want to play DW sneaky stabby, I really have zero desire to have to equip a shield or run around with a staff spamming impulse. This is especially annoying when coupled with the fact that VR mobs now have double health and damage (to offset the doubled XP that was supposed to make things less of a chore?), what in the holy freaking hell were you thinking when you did that.
    Options
  • PermaGrin
    PermaGrin
    And i do agree, many of these things should have been fixed earlier or now. I mean if you know about it and know the problem, why don't you fix it now?

Easier said than coded. ;)
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cydogg wrote: »
    Wait. What? Siphoning strikes no longer restore health?

Well, yeah... It's not like that's what "siphoning" means.
    Siphoning Strikes never restored health, only Leeching Strikes. "Siphoning" can also imply that you are taking someone else's energy, which wouldn't you know is precisely what Siphoning Strikes does.

Yeah, I was being deliberately obtuse.
    Sorry, my sense of humor is kinda pinballing today.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    [moderator edit: Content removed for flaming.]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on May 23, 2014 2:52AM
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Jade_Knightblazerb14_ESO
    I would like to see the Siphoning Passive: Transfer to work with light and heavy attacks of Siphoning Strikes (And its morphs).

Currently that passive is lack luster for all siphoning skills besides Drain Power...

I believe with this simple change, Nightblades will finally have that missing Ult Building ability/perk that other classes currently have.
    Options
  • Solnai
    Solnai
    ✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100634/whow-you-didn-t-really-buff-shades-you-nerfed-them-hard#latest

Plus add to that you now have given us a Ultimate ability that does roughly 700-1000 points of single target damage, this at at rank 5 for Death Stroke: Soul Harvest and I am current Veteran Rank 10.

While you are at it , you may as well look at this list of broken abilities here as well.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/compilation-of-bugged-nightblade-abilities/
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    PermaGrin wrote: »
    And i do agree, many of these things should have been fixed earlier or now. I mean if you know about it and know the problem, why don't you fix it now?

But not hard, and certainly the time spent nerfing NB's could have been spent fixing the abilities that don't work at all.
    I think that's the major issue here. Is they clearly spent time on the class, only to ignore all the broken things, to simply make the stuff that DID work, weaker.

Keep in mind these problems have persisted since beta. The class straight up has huge chunks of skills that literally don't work, or stop working. And the major patch update we were counting on to get our class simply up to 'functioning status' releases, only to find out that they ignored ALL of that, in favor of actually making our good stuff worse.

Frankly it boggles the mind, and I'd love to understand what was going through their heads when they made the call to do so.
    Edited by fiachsidhe on May 23, 2014 1:20AM

Options
  • Solnai
    Solnai
    ✭✭✭
    fiachsidhe wrote: »

But not hard, and certainly the time spent nerfing NB's could have been spent fixing the abilities that don't work at all.
    I think that's the major issue here. Is they clearly spent time on the class, only to ignore all the broken things, to simply make the stuff that DID work, weaker.

Keep in mind these problems have persisted since beta. The class straight up has huge chunks of skills that literally don't work, or stop working. and the major patch update we find out that they ignored ALL of that, in favor of actually making our good stuff worse. Frankly it boggles the mind, and I'd love to understand what was going through their heads when they made the call to do so.

Nail on the head....

Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a joke, right? We're going to wait another 6+ weeks? This is hotfix material, ZOS.

Two of my characters are nightblades. I'm not sure if I'm going to resub if this class isn't fixed before my time runs out.
    Edited by Rosveen on May 23, 2014 1:23AM
    Options
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incoming Fixes & Improvements
    We have ongoing efforts to improve the Nightblade class, and fix some of the outstanding issues. Below is an early look at some of the incoming fixes and improvements you will see in content patch 1.2.X.
    • Incapacitate will increase heavy attack damage.
    • Incapacitating Strike will now be capable of critical strikes.
    • Master Assassin will increase spell power in addition to weapon power.
    • Path of Darkness damage will be increased. The ability will also be visible to all players.
    • Refreshing Path will heal allies. The healing will also be slightly increased.
    • Refreshing Shadows will always be active, and will no longer require you to use an ability.
    Also worth noting, there were three Nightblade class abilities impacted by this general combat note from the 1.1.2 patch notes: Fixed an issue where a number of abilities were not properly able to cause critical strikes.

The abilities impacted by this fix were:
    • Impale (Assassin’s Blade morph)
    • Killer's Blade (Assassin’s Blade morph)
    • Sap Essence (Drain Power morph)

Outstanding Known Issues
    Patch 1.1.2 fixed many outstanding Nightblade issues, but below are some that we are either actively investigating, working on fixes for now, or have recently fixed and will push in a future patch. Please note this list does not reflect every reported Nightblade issue we are currently investigating.

General: Currently, a Nightblade’s own residual outgoing damage-over-time ticks break his or her invisibility. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.

Dark Cloak (Shadow Cloak morph): Dark Cloak is not currently removing damage-over-time (DoT) debuffs as it should be. We’re currently investigating this issue to determine which DoTs are not being removed by Dark Cloak.

Haste: Haste is not currently applying the 30% attack speed increase to ranged weapons as it should be. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Mark Target: Mark Target currently allows you to see and attack targets that are sneaking, but not ones that are invisible. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Path of Darkness: The PFX for Path of Darkness and its morphs will sometimes appear under terrain. We are currently investigating this issue.

Pressure Points: This passive ability is working as intended, but there is a bug with the character sheet not correctly displaying the critical strike rating bonus. We have a fix for this, and it will go out with a future patch.

Siphoning Attacks: This ability’s tooltip will no longer says that it restores health. It never restored health, nor was it intended to. This is a tooltip bug. We have a fix for this, and it will go out with a future patch.

Thank you for the response, the increasing amount of transparency about the games development is very nice, please keep it up :)

I'd like to point out, that at least on my character pressure points does seem to be showing a clear 3% per assassination ability slotted, but the tooltip in the skills window seems to add 3% per skill you slot, i had it down to 3% when i took all assassination abilities off my bar, and it went up to 9% after i put killer's blade and lotus fan on my bar. at this point this is fairly minor, but to avoid confusion in the future should obviously be fixed. Very happy with the current fixes, and greatly looking forward to the upcoming ones.

On another note, I'd like to point out that blur and it's morphs are kinda useless, 15% dodge for 30s........swap it to 30% dodge for 15s maybe, as it is NBs are typically light or medium armor, and can't take many hits, especially in vet content, a 15% chance to dodge an attack when you can only take 2-3 hits......doesn't really help anything, for the time being it's a waste of a slot on your bar. just my opinion though.
    Options
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refreshing Shadows will always be active, and will no longer require you to use an ability.

Omg yes!
    Options
  • binaryAegis

Yeah, I was being deliberately obtuse.
    Sorry, my sense of humor is kinda pinballing today.
    No worries, I'm just trying to stop any potential misinformation from getting spread

Options
  • binaryAegis
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

I'm fairly certain the change making them untargetable was intentional. It's something that's been known for several weeks now.

Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gisgo wrote: »
    Refreshing Shadows will always be active, and will no longer require you to use an ability.

Omg yes!

Yeah, that one's actually pretty handy.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • Zxaxz
    Zxaxz
    ✭✭✭
    As the post states, they know there are issue with the game and the NB - But, broken - Bring out the wambulance - NB is not broke, we can solo, and solo public dungeon and their Bosses; Some of the World Bosses, PvP, even after today's patch.

Camera shy 1st Video ever - made a few lame mistakes, but even better to see its possible. 1 Bar - 5 skills - 1 Ult - V7 Solo public dungeon. Unedited

http://www.twitch.tv/iamepitaph/b/531230213
    Edited by Zxaxz on May 23, 2014 1:31AM
    Darkness is the natural state of the galaxy. A light will not shine forever; one day it will burn itself out. Darkness, however, is everlasting and never expires.
    Options
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't see how such a large company can consist of developers whom all LOVE cloth casters, and HATE melee players entirely. Is that a application question?

Hire some diversity... We need some melee love FFS!

Ps. Those are all what should be hot-fixes... Not "upcoming content". Wtf is wrong w/ this picture?
    Options
  • rlconeb14_ESO
    rlconeb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Incoming Fixes & Improvements
    We have ongoing efforts to improve the Nightblade class, and fix some of the outstanding issues. Below is an early look at some of the incoming fixes and improvements you will see in content patch 1.2.X.
    • Incapacitate will increase heavy attack damage.
    • Incapacitating Strike will now be capable of critical strikes.
    • Master Assassin will increase spell power in addition to weapon power.
    • Path of Darkness damage will be increased. The ability will also be visible to all players.
    • Refreshing Path will heal allies. The healing will also be slightly increased.
    • Refreshing Shadows will always be active, and will no longer require you to use an ability.
    Also worth noting, there were three Nightblade class abilities impacted by this general combat note from the 1.1.2 patch notes: Fixed an issue where a number of abilities were not properly able to cause critical strikes.

The abilities impacted by this fix were:
    • Impale (Assassin’s Blade morph)
    • Killer's Blade (Assassin’s Blade morph)
    • Sap Essence (Drain Power morph)

Outstanding Known Issues
    Patch 1.1.2 fixed many outstanding Nightblade issues, but below are some that we are either actively investigating, working on fixes for now, or have recently fixed and will push in a future patch. Please note this list does not reflect every reported Nightblade issue we are currently investigating.

General: Currently, a Nightblade’s own residual outgoing damage-over-time ticks break his or her invisibility. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch.

Dark Cloak (Shadow Cloak morph): Dark Cloak is not currently removing damage-over-time (DoT) debuffs as it should be. We’re currently investigating this issue to determine which DoTs are not being removed by Dark Cloak.

Haste: Haste is not currently applying the 30% attack speed increase to ranged weapons as it should be. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Mark Target: Mark Target currently allows you to see and attack targets that are sneaking, but not ones that are invisible. We are working on a fix for this issue.

Path of Darkness: The PFX for Path of Darkness and its morphs will sometimes appear under terrain. We are currently investigating this issue.

Pressure Points: This passive ability is working as intended, but there is a bug with the character sheet not correctly displaying the critical strike rating bonus. We have a fix for this, and it will go out with a future patch.

Siphoning Attacks: This ability’s tooltip will no longer says that it restores health. It never restored health, nor was it intended to. This is a tooltip bug. We have a fix for this, and it will go out with a future patch.

I hope you posted this as a joke after what was done to this class in today's supposed patch - aka ninja nerf of the nb. You listed a very few of the new problems with nb's currently as you can no longer invis and stun multiple times as the mob or boss will reset. Killer blade no longer heals and from what testing I've done now does the exact dmg whether low health or not. Death stroke is now doing approximately 1/3 of the damage it was if not much less in most instances. The list actually goes on and on but my personal favorite invis, besides running away is perfectly useless now. I can't even dump agro back on a tank w/o resetting the boss half the time provided the invis even takes and I don't just have the mob continue to attack like it was never used.

I would say I appreciate the update about ongoing work on the class if it wasn't complete garbage. You are basically asking nb players to pay for a non playable content. Congratulations for being the first mmo I've ever quit within months of release. However, in all fairness Bethseda had a good run with the es series, sad to see it go down the drain to crap like this.
    Options
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    iDoseDMT wrote: »

Keep in mind these problems have persisted since beta. The class straight up has huge chunks of skills that literally don't work, or stop working. and the major patch update we find out that they ignored ALL of that, in favor of actually making our good stuff worse. Frankly it boggles the mind, and I'd love to understand what was going through their heads when they made the call to do so.

Nail on the head....

What's worse is that they rebalanced with broken skills. Will that mean another round of nerfs after the skills are fixed and found to be too powerful? They really should have ensured all skills were working as intended BEFORE nerfing other abilities.
    Options
  • Erum
    Erum
    Soul Shriven
    "General: Currently, a Nightblade’s own residual outgoing damage-over-time ticks break his or her invisibility. This is not intended, and will be fixed in a future patch."

This alone will make everything easier. I've died countless times in mini battles or small escapes simply because my invisibility would break for no apparent reason.
    Options
  • Jimdangle
    Jimdangle
    Soul Shriven
    As a vr10 nightblade I'll just let it be known that I'm probably not gonna wait for this patch to come out before I stop playing, Nightblade is in horrible shape right now. The worst for us is our uselessness in PvE, sorc can do ranged dps better then us and most pve mechanics just 1 shot us if we don't dodge every single one which makes melee dps for us pretty hard. In PvP we can be pretty effective duelists but look at the design of pvp, it is so rare to ever get to just 1v1 someone and guess what? If it's a DK you chose to 1v1 he is probably going to take so long to kill if you even have a shot at killing it that someone else will wander on your fight and easily clean you up, and if it's a mage once they hit 10% they will just port out. Our only prey are templars and ourselves . . .
    TL;DR *** being a nightblade.
    Edited by Jimdangle on May 23, 2014 1:43AM
    Options
  • WaystedMinedub17_ESO
    Wow, I guess my complete lack of faith in ZOS was yet again reinforced by ZOS... "Don't worry, we'll post an update letting you know what we are doing to do to fix your class." Really? This is it?
    Options
  • Viblo
    Viblo
    ✭✭✭
    blah blah
    Edited by Viblo on May 23, 2014 3:26AM
    Options
  • shinkicker444rwb17_ESO
    Can we get Master Assassin to be a constant passive like Refreshing Shadows to thanks.
    Options
  • Solnai
    Solnai
    ✭✭✭
    Viblo wrote: »
    Viblo wrote: »
    Who knew so many women played NBs? It's like a women's restroom in here with all the crying.

Wow, you have issues with women you really need to work out.

Grown people crying over changes or lack of changes in a virtual world and I'm the one with issues. lol Comprehension skills would allow a person to read and have an understanding that women were not the focus of the issue in the statement made. I know it's a lot to ask with the American education system but a person can hope.

Yes adults making complaints because they are paying a monthly subscription to play a game, that has failed to deliver on their promise. Generally when a customer is dissatisfied with a product they will voice their opinion on the matter.

Further more, I believe the comment regarding you disliking women was due to the fact that you made some stereotypical comment about women crying. Perhaps you should stop making generalizations and start thinking objectively for once. Just a thought.
    Edited by Solnai on May 23, 2014 1:56AM
    Options
  • Raeder
    Raeder
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to point out a little inconvenient fact here for all the defenders in this thread defending this.

This game was officially released in early April. Assuming a very low sales number of 100,000 (it is likely far higher), ZOS made 6 million dollars from box sales.

Subs first ticked in May, which again, assuming an absurdly low number of remaining subs of 100,000 equals an additional 15 million dollars, for a total amount of 21 million dollars in 2 months.

If they can't afford to have a big enough dev team to hot fix this within a week after that kind of money... then it points to a management, and culture problem at ZOS, and frankly, a company like that... is not worth my time or money. Not after how patient I have been.

EDIT: Yeah, they probably made 10 times the example above.

http://elderscrollsonline.info/news/number-of-subscribers-and-success-rate-of-elder-scrolls-online
    Edited by Raeder on May 23, 2014 2:11AM
    Options
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Jessica's post. I don't want it to seem like I'm angry with her for simply being the messenger. My problem is with Matt Firor mostly as he's the one in charge.

Options
  • elwhy
    elwhy
    ✭✭✭
    Zxaxz wrote: »
    As the post states, they know there are issue with the game and the NB - But, broken - Bring out the wambulance - NB is not broke, we can solo, and solo public dungeon and their Bosses; Some of the World Bosses, PvP, even after today's patch.

Camera shy 1st Video ever - made a few lame mistakes, but even better to see its possible. 1 Bar - 5 skills - 1 Ult - V7 Solo public dungeon. Unedited

http://www.twitch.tv/iamepitaph/b/531230213

While I agree with you that NBs can go solo and can be really powerful, saying they aren't broken is crazy. The tool tips on skills do not match what we're actually doing. Ideally, because I'm a NB, I'd like to do what the game says I'm doing, but I also know that could make us extremely powerful. NB as a class is broke. I just want to know exactly what's happening and exactly what I'm spending my skill points on.

And I'm glad someone bright up the summon shade ability and how they ruined and/or broke it. If the ability is just to reduce damage given by an enemy, why does a physical shade go running out? The idea of the shade is too distract an enemy until they get some other reason to leave the shade, like someone attacking them. So mobs should attack it until attacked by something stronger.

So patch summary: We got a couple fixes, there is still a *** ton more fixes that will come some time in the next week to months, and more NB abilities were broken. Thanks for giving me more time to finish my masters...
    Options
  • Viblo
    Viblo
    ✭✭✭
    Yes adults making complaints because they are paying a monthly subscription to play a game, that has failed to deliver on their promise. Generally when a customer is dissatisfied with a product they will voice their opinion on the matter.

Further more, I believe the comment regarding you disliking women was due to the fact that you made some stereotypical comment about women crying. Perhaps you should stop making generalizations and start thinking objectively for once. Just a thought.

An adult would make a complaint, yes. The majority of what is happening here are not complaints. They are tantrums, like children throw when they don't get that piece of candy in the checkout line. An adult would realize that in the real world things that take programming to fix items in a game take real world time and would not throw a fit and threaten to leave the game. It's perfectly okay to be upset but it's rational to believe that these fixes they have in the work need more internal testing before they are where the developers want them to be. An adult would realize that a company that is planning on doing a large number of fixes to a particular class might want to spend a good amount of time testing these changes to see if they have gone far enough or not far enough with the changes. An adult might also think that they would want to do these sweeping changes after other changes have been made and not along with said changes because it would allow more concrete data collection.

I figure I shouldn't have generalized women crying because we all know women never cry. I should have said "It sounds like a Chicago Bears locker room in here with all the crying". It matters not what I said, people like yourself would attempt to be intelligent by countering my statement with some rhetoric that displays false empathy by playing the role of the passive aggressive troll. Just a thought.
    Edited by Viblo on May 23, 2014 2:14AM
    Options