The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA: Playtesters at ZOS this week

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To a certain extent the travellers who they invite are greatly limited by who may be able to attend. Work, family, mobility, health and other things may mean that some of those who may otherwise seem like a good pick are not able to assist with feedback in this way.

So we all raise our voices as best we can yes in the best way we can and hope that sometimes the gods they listen. This is all the power we mortal travellers have. Do what you can when you can and then at least you can say you endlessly pestered at every opportunity to go to Elsweyr one day.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, when could we expect the lift of the DNA - since you announced the event hope its soon rather than "soon". And does it means, we will see some radicalish changes in combat?
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeskah wrote: »
    Hm, when could we expect the lift of the DNA - since you announced the event hope its soon rather than "soon". And does it means, we will see some radicalish changes in combat?
    @jeskah Gina's post say April 3rd. If it's like they did for Morrowind I believe they could speak about things as ZOS did but still needed to keep some information held back. However they kept the Warden under NDA for most of the beta last time (which didn't turn out well), hopefully this time they're more open with the game systems and keep just the story under NDA (stopping spoilers etc.)

NDA would also cover anything they saw which isn't part of Summerset (things on devs monitors, post-it notes, whiteboards etc.) whilst there.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    On a serious note why are we choosing the players tht stream themslves abusing every exploit in the gm as some kind of tester? Do they even try committing themselves to the non 1vX classes? Templars and DKs have been suffering and need and total class nuke.

Templar is absurdly strong in PvP (Says a guy who streams it regularly) but that isnt relevant anyway - everyone is from a PvE backgroumd or a community figurehead e.g. reddit

Yeh doesnt bode well for PvP improvements.
    Options
  • jeskah
    jeskah
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    jeskah wrote: »
    @jeskah Gina's post say April 3rd. If it's like they did for Morrowind I believe they could speak about things as ZOS did but still needed to keep some information held back. However they kept the Warden under NDA for most of the beta last time (which didn't turn out well), hopefully this time they're more open with the game systems and keep just the story under NDA (stopping spoilers etc.)

NDA would also cover anything they saw which isn't part of Summerset (things on devs monitors, post-it notes, whiteboards etc.) whilst there.

Opps. For my defence.. well, nothing. :)

Options
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see that a lot of new people got invited to it and not just the same people, even if some are returning. Remember that it was a great experience being there last time. Will not be returning personally but good to know some people that had and have had great feedback are going. Have fun and help make the game better guys. Hope we get some great theorycrafters to come with. @Taylor_MB you going? I would have recommended you, done really great stuff for the community and knows the formulas well. Damage mitigation theorycrafters need to represent :tongue:
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let's hope Zos really listen to what they have to say
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very excited to be returning and working with everyone :)

Get them to fix Sap Essence please. Even adding a minor snare to it would be awesome for NB tanks. A health scaling shield in the Shadow line would be a dream come true for me, too.

(Last idea is just spitballing, not wholly serious.)
    Options
  • xynode
    xynode
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am so pumped for this, thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno and the dev team for inviting me and thank you everyone else for your support. Without the support of the community, zos wouldn't know who I am and this would not have happened. I am incredibly grateful for this opportunity!
    And to the others who are gona be there too..See you soon ;)

SO MUCH #HYPE !!!!
    Options
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Seems my invitation got lost somewhere :open_mouth: no seriously, hope it goes well and you guys can improve the game together :wink:

Would've loved to go to the states, haven't been there yet.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

Get them to fix Sap Essence please. Even adding a minor snare to it would be awesome for NB tanks. A health scaling shield in the Shadow line would be a dream come true for me, too.

While I agree NB tanks need some help, I wholly disagree that Sap is where buffs are needed. Sap is insanely strong, especially in PvP, and is a major part of the reason why NBs make for better Destro bombers than other classes. In general, PBAoEs are vastly overtuned and they all need nerfs (while single target and conal/cleave damage needs buffs and/or revamps).

NB tanks are facing the same issue that old-school Templars and DKs have faced for years - their defining strength was gutted and nothing has really replaced it. For NBs it was the insane sustain capabilities, for old DKs it was Dynamic Ulti.

I'm sure Gil and the others have plenty of notes and feedback of their own, and I have plenty of thoughts as well, so I'm sure it'll come up and be discussed.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »

While I agree NB tanks need some help, I wholly disagree that Sap is where buffs are needed. Sap is insanely strong, especially in PvP, and is a major part of the reason why NBs make for better Destro bombers than other classes. In general, PBAoEs are vastly overtuned and they all need nerfs (while single target and conal/cleave damage needs buffs and/or revamps).

NB tanks are facing the same issue that old-school Templars and DKs have faced for years - their defining strength was gutted and nothing has really replaced it. For NBs it was the insane sustain capabilities, for old DKs it was Dynamic Ulti.

I'm sure Gil and the others have plenty of notes and feedback of their own, and I have plenty of thoughts as well, so I'm sure it'll come up and be discussed.

Sap is strong against zergs in PVP, as you’ve alluded to, but it loses considerable might in small scale and is borderline irrelevant when facing one target (better to use Entropy). I think that highlights one of the issues with this closed-feedback loop is that the reps will be speaking toward issues that they feel are important and not necessarily what Joe Schmoe needs to understand his class or to experience his class fantasy. That player will likely never see the inside of a Vet Trial and may step into Cyro during the yearly PVP festival while utterly clueless about what a Destro-bomber is.

I’m also highly skeptical that all this community/ rep feedback will result in anything concrete or game-changing to the class dynamic for Summerset or even the rest of 2018. With CP, power creep, gear creep, and all the class revisions, they need to do something like what WoW does with their major expansions: completely rebuild the skill tables and synergies.

Do I think this will happen? The cynic in me says “no”. Am I hopeful nonetheless? Sure. I’m a fantasist at heart.

Edit: I do think that if ZoS is doing this whole “tank/ heal/ dps” tree for each class, we should see more health scaling abilities in all the class trees, as was done with Warden. It encourages properly built tanky builds while discourages people picking the most advantageous ability that offers no drawback (lower magika pool for example, if you’re stacking health).
    Edited by Peekachu99 on 28 March 2018 13:06
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sap is strong against zergs in PVP, as you’ve alluded to, but it loses considerable might in small scale and is borderline irrelevant when facing one target (better to use Entropy). I think that highlights one of the issues with this closed-feedback loop is that the reps will be speaking toward issues that they feel are important and not necessarily what Joe Schmoe needs to understand his class or to experience his class fantasy. That player will likely never see the inside of a Vet Trial and may step into Cyro during the yearly PVP festival while utterly clueless about what a Destro-bomber is.
    Doesn't that mean it's somewhat balanced? One skill shouldn't work in all situations, if you want to 1vX take that, if you want to 1v1 take Entropy. If you're playing in Cyrodiil and don't know what to expect fit for what you want and avoid fights of the other type when you can.

Maybe it's because I come from a sandbox PvP background but my thoughts are you shouldn't have too many skills which work in every situation, otherwise you make anything not one of those skills irrelevant.
    Edited by Turelus on 28 March 2018 13:16
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m also highly skeptical that all this community/ rep feedback will result in anything concrete or game-changing to the class dynamic for Summerset or even the rest of 2018. With CP, power creep, gear creep, and all the class revisions, they need to do something like what WoW does with their major expansions: completely rebuild the skill tables and synergies.

Do I think this will happen? The cynic in me says “no”. Am I hopeful nonetheless? Sure. I’m a fantasist at heart.

Edit: I do think that if ZoS is doing this whole “tank/ heal/ dps” tree for each class, we should see more health scaling abilities in all the class trees, as was done with Warden. It encourages properly built tanky builds while discourages people picking the most advantageous ability that offers no drawback (lower magika pool for example, if you’re stacking health).

Agreed on the Tank/Heal/DPS tree item, and that some skills and lines do just need rebuilt (at least partially).

My point with Sap is that it's already an 8m spammable reasonable cost good damage skill that grants you Major Sorcery and heals you for damage done - it has more than enough going for it and I'd rather see other heavily underutilized skills either replaced or reworked to provide additional boons, rather than just making an already strong skill even stronger. The fact that it isn't as useful in some situations as it is in others is a good thing IMO, it means that's one less skill that becomes completely essential for everyone playing that class to slot, and pigeonholing someone into having to use a skill isn't good for balance or build diversity. Buffs to Sap (in a vacuum where nothing else is changed) just aren't the route I'd go, because as much as you say "this buff wouldn't affect me", the team can't ignore the fact that it would impact a significant chunk of the player base. If they did add a hard snare to Sap as you said, I'd at least want to see the damage and healing both brought down (which, to be fair, I want to see anyway).
    ---
    ---
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    ---
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a serious note why are we choosing the players tht stream themslves abusing every exploit in the gm as some kind of tester? Do they even try committing themselves to the non 1vX classes? Templars and DKs have been suffering and need and total class nuke.

Templar is absurdly strong in PvP (Says a guy who streams it regularly) but that isnt relevant anyway - everyone is from a PvE backgroumd or a community figurehead e.g. reddit

Not quite. You are an absurdly strong player with hundreds and hundreds of days /played going solo PvP. You would make any spec absurdly strong in PvP because you are so much better than the vast majority of people you fight.

Templar is what it's pretty much always been: middle of the pact. Good at some things. Not so good at others.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite. You are an absurdly strong player with hundreds and hundreds of days /played going solo PvP. You would make any spec absurdly strong in PvP because you are so much better than the vast majority of people you fight.

Templar is what it's pretty much always been: middle of the pact. Good at some things. Not so good at others.

Just about to say this. I can take my off meta templar and smash some pugs but the second I meet an equally competent or greater player the weaknesses in the Templar kit instantly shines.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the?! Where's my invite? Sad face here.. so sad :(
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just want to reiterate not everyone attending is a streamer - we've chosen a wide variety of players with different strengths based on our needs. This is also not the same thing as the class rep program we recently announced; this effort has a completely different focus. Lastly, remember not everyone attending has chimed in this thread - and they don't have to if they're not comfortable doing so.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So patch notes on Apr 3 I hope :)
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »

The personal feeling of this one is that date is much too early for a full set of Pants Notes.

However perhaps in the next week or so we might start to see a little more information appearing.

This is to be expected yes if perhaps we may be travelling to Test Tamriel in mid to late April.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am eagerly awaiting the natch potes.

I am expecting quality memes. :)
    Edited by Vanthras79 on 28 March 2018 14:28
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just want to reiterate not everyone attending is a streamer - we've chosen a wide variety of players with different strengths based on our needs. This is also not the same thing as the class rep program we recently announced; this effort has a completely different focus. Lastly, remember not everyone attending has chimed in this thread - and they don't have to if they're not comfortable doing so.

I know you folks at ZoS take a lot of heat for the perception of inviting folks that some people do not feel are representative of the community. People may disagree with me, but I think going all the way back to Summer 2014 with the guild Summit, the representation, while not perfect, has been diverse.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

I'm eagerly awaiting them too just to get disappointed and start crying afterwards.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

I'm eagerly awaiting them too just to get disappointed and start crying afterwards.
    I'm eagerly awaiting them too so I can finally have some new topics to tro... constructively debate.
    Options
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed on the Tank/Heal/DPS tree item, and that some skills and lines do just need rebuilt (at least partially).

My point with Sap is that it's already an 8m spammable reasonable cost good damage skill that grants you Major Sorcery and heals you for damage done - it has more than enough going for it and I'd rather see other heavily underutilized skills either replaced or reworked to provide additional boons, rather than just making an already strong skill even stronger. The fact that it isn't as useful in some situations as it is in others is a good thing IMO, it means that's one less skill that becomes completely essential for everyone playing that class to slot, and pigeonholing someone into having to use a skill isn't good for balance or build diversity. Buffs to Sap (in a vacuum where nothing else is changed) just aren't the route I'd go, because as much as you say "this buff wouldn't affect me", the team can't ignore the fact that it would impact a significant chunk of the player base. If they did add a hard snare to Sap as you said, I'd at least want to see the damage and healing both brought down (which, to be fair, I want to see anyway).

I agree with the damage ceiling being lowered on almost all AOE abilities. They’re just too strong atm. I just think that NB would benefit from a snare in line with their class. Lotus doesn’t really cut it, since the range is so small (though Lotus > Sap is a nice opener—even though 90% of those you aggro won’t be snared and will wander off after).

I still think a Scorched Earth, Tamriel 2.0 approach will be best instead of these constant bandaid solutions to systems and skills that aren’t really working. Soft caps maybe? I’m old enough of a player to remember them, but I don’t have the rose coloured goggles on for that memory and there were some glaring issues with that style of play (Immortal DKs who weren’t Emperors but might as well have been).

I’ve also been calling for better social tools (even voice chat on PC), which I think are necessary for a continued population climb and for tackling challenges.
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know you folks at ZoS

For the LAST time Joy, it's "ZOS", not "ZoS".

It's not "Zenimax of Studios".

:tongue:
    ---
    ---
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    ---
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel honored for being picked to participate in this play test opportunity. For those who don't know of me or why I may have been picked for this event. I do occasionally stream under the same name as my forum name. I'm a very active player with 30 Max level characters over two accounts, both at cp cap. I have a stam magic and tank of every class. I'm more of a Jack of all trades master of non type player. What I hope and will try to bring to the discussion of this play test is that from a view that is just out side the top 1% skill base. I'm very excited that they picked players from all skill levels who seem to have one defining characteristic of they all care about the game. This testing opportunity should be great for the game and it's future content.
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know you folks at ZoS take a lot of heat for the perception of inviting folks that some people do not feel are representative of the community. People may disagree with me, but I think going all the way back to Summer 2014 with the guild Summit, the representation, while not perfect, has been diverse.

Then I look forward to reading the reports from people about they representations they made to ZOS about rebuilding the in-game crafting economy, as well as all the measures to support RP play... in addition to ZOS's positive responses to these representations.

If that actually happened then it would just about make my day.

Interesting that you should mention diversity and the 2014 summit. My memory suggested that the English guilds mentioned were predominantly competitive PvE and PvP guilds. So I checked, Gina's post lists 11 English guilds. I'd probably pitch about 7 of those 11 as being specifically PvP or PvE centric guilds (rather than social/casual, crafting or RP). What would your estimate be? How many of that number identified themselves as RP-heavy guilds? I'd be interested in your insight.
    Options
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity. Are all these folks getting invited PC players, or are there some who main consoles as well?

I would wager that to be a truly objective approach, it would need to include members from both areas. Console play is inherently different from PC play, even if the base game is identical. To not include console feedback during this type of discussion is doing a huge disservice to the community that plays on console.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Then I look forward to reading the reports from people about they representations they made to ZOS about rebuilding the in-game crafting economy, as well as all the measures to support RP play... in addition to ZOS's positive responses to these representations.

If that actually happened then it would just about make my day.

Interesting that you should mention diversity and the 2014 summit. My memory suggested that the English guilds mentioned were predominantly competitive PvE and PvP guilds. So I checked, Gina's post lists 11 English guilds. I'd probably pitch about 7 of those 11 as being specifically PvP or PvE centric guilds (rather than social/casual, crafting or RP). What would your estimate be? How many of that number identified themselves as RP-heavy guilds? I'd be interested in your insight.

I roleplay as an Argonian Handbag-in-Training, does that count?
    ---