The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA: Playtesters at ZOS this week

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity. Are all these folks getting invited PC players, or are there some who main consoles as well?

I would wager that to be a truly objective approach, it would need to include members from both areas. Console play is inherently different from PC play, even if the base game is identical. To not include console feedback during this type of discussion is doing a huge disservice to the community that plays on console.

As mentioned in the original post, there are players from both PC and console platforms.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity. Are all these folks getting invited PC players, or are there some who main consoles as well?

I would wager that to be a truly objective approach, it would need to include members from both areas. Console play is inherently different from PC play, even if the base game is identical. To not include console feedback during this type of discussion is doing a huge disservice to the community that plays on console.

There are console players present. Both platforms.
    Edited by Ixtyr on 28 March 2018 15:47
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
    Options
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As mentioned in the original post, there are players from both PC and console platforms.

Do'h! Sorry @ZOS_GinaBruno I read the original post days a day ago and guess I forgot that part was in there. Forgive my saltiness. The weather's crappy and I'm stuck in the office... yeah I got nothing. My bad!

Edit for exaggeration.
    Edited by Feric51 on 28 March 2018 15:49
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just want to reiterate not everyone attending is a streamer - we've chosen a wide variety of players with different strengths based on our needs. This is also not the same thing as the class rep program we recently announced; this effort has a completely different focus. Lastly, remember not everyone attending has chimed in this thread - and they don't have to if they're not comfortable doing so.

I know you folks at ZoS take a lot of heat for the perception of inviting folks that some people do not feel are representative of the community. People may disagree with me, but I think going all the way back to Summer 2014 with the guild Summit, the representation, while not perfect, has been diverse.

Then I look forward to reading the reports from people about they representations they made to ZOS about rebuilding the in-game crafting economy, as well as all the measures to support RP play... in addition to ZOS's positive responses to these representations.

If that actually happened then it would just about make my day.

Interesting that you should mention diversity and the 2014 summit. My memory suggested that the English guilds mentioned were predominantly competitive PvE and PvP guilds. So I checked, Gina's post lists 11 English guilds. I'd probably pitch about 7 of those 11 as being specifically PvP or PvE centric guilds (rather than social/casual, crafting or RP). What would your estimate be? How many of that number identified themselves as RP-heavy guilds? I'd be interested in your insight.

I roleplay as an Argonian Handbag-in-Training, does that count?

I don't know. You've have some interesting suggestions about what you are going to say with regards to combat in this thread. What are you going to pitch to ZOS about how they can best support your aspirations towards becoming an accessory?
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jeskah wrote: »
    Hm, when could we expect the lift of the DNA - since you announced the event hope its soon rather than "soon". And does it means, we will see some radicalish changes in combat?

OMG, I hope they leave the DNA as is. I'd hate to see Argonian / Sload hybrids.
    Options
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    Nice
    Options
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is good to know.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    jeskah wrote: »
    Hm, when could we expect the lift of the DNA - since you announced the event hope its soon rather than "soon". And does it means, we will see some radicalish changes in combat?

OMG, I hope they leave the DNA as is. I'd hate to see Argonian / Sload hybrids.

Sloagonians the 46,879th experiment from Ol' Uncle Sheo during his manic moods.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just want to reiterate not everyone attending is a streamer - we've chosen a wide variety of players with different strengths based on our needs. This is also not the same thing as the class rep program we recently announced; this effort has a completely different focus. Lastly, remember not everyone attending has chimed in this thread - and they don't have to if they're not comfortable doing so.

I know you folks at ZoS take a lot of heat for the perception of inviting folks that some people do not feel are representative of the community. People may disagree with me, but I think going all the way back to Summer 2014 with the guild Summit, the representation, while not perfect, has been diverse.

Then I look forward to reading the reports from people about they representations they made to ZOS about rebuilding the in-game crafting economy, as well as all the measures to support RP play... in addition to ZOS's positive responses to these representations.

If that actually happened then it would just about make my day.

Interesting that you should mention diversity and the 2014 summit. My memory suggested that the English guilds mentioned were predominantly competitive PvE and PvP guilds. So I checked, Gina's post lists 11 English guilds. I'd probably pitch about 7 of those 11 as being specifically PvP or PvE centric guilds (rather than social/casual, crafting or RP). What would your estimate be? How many of that number identified themselves as RP-heavy guilds? I'd be interested in your insight.

If 7 out of 11 are specifically PvP and PvE guilds, that means 4 out of 11 are not combat mechanically focused, which I think is fair.

I knew two of the GMs who were invited to that summit. They told me in their meetings they covered and discussed matters such as crafting, animation, art, lore, and other non combat oriented parts of the game.

And how do you or other people in this thread know what the reps sent and people invited are concerned about? I know one person who is there right now and because he runs in a prominent PvP guild, people are going to automatically label him as representing a "predominately competitive PvP guild" the way you did in your response to me. But he also is huge into Trading, so much so that he sometimes declines to come to PvP events because of trade guild stuff. so of that 7 out of 11 figure you cited, that does in no way mean 7 out 11 guilds had nothing to say or had no interest in areas of the game outside of the label you have attached to them. I think there is a lot of stereotyping and assumptions being thrown around.

Options
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Joy_Division
    I hope that PvP GM talks about making rewards of the worthy much more profitable because the 200-300 gold is a joke IMO. I'd love to see it raised to 1k but more so 2k just because of how expensive it is to PvP when you're burning through potions like no other.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @Joy_Division
    I hope that PvP GM talks about making rewards of the worthy much more profitable because the 200-300 gold is a joke IMO. I'd love to see it raised to 1k but more so 2k just because of how expensive it is to PvP when you're burning through potions like no other.

I don't disagree with you at all. He knows the situation, but I will pass off your idea. PvP players have historically been poor and with the Golden Vendor probably going to become obsolete next Chapter, hopefully ZoS is thinking about ways to turn AP and PvP in general into gold.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could be even considered once for anything
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #RememberBattery

I blame last year's summit for the loss of one of my favorite Templar healer streamed characters of all time. His passing was a shock to learn of and his funeral was difficult to watch. I don't know if I can enjoy this year's summit or not. We all should be thinking of that little fictional character and all the good times he brought us. :D:D:D
    Edited by MyKillv2.0 on 28 March 2018 18:47
    Options
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Joy_Division
    Thanks <3 Bb
    Making gold in PvP was a bit better when Imperial city was relevant but after lack of updates to it and making tel var harder to obtain through player killing... well yeah that was a sunken ship.
    I even made that tel var claim as a player who would get ganked by 3 or 4 NBs at a time but that's the thing, IC sewers were meant to be dangerous but it should also have a higher reward aspect as death may lurk around every corner.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We want to give everyone a heads up that we've invited a small number of players to visit ZeniMax Online this week. These players will be playtesting some of our upcoming content and features with the goal being to get early, targeted feedback and suggestions.
    I hope ZOS gets some insightful and productive feedback that improves the game. Thanks to the play testers for accepting the offer and helping to give the rest of us a voice.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I think everyone here knows the important question, Gina... so I'll just ask it:

Will there be punch & pie?

12ded702fb8e8ffd6668954c095cbec4.jpg

( and also, good luck with this week of play testing! <3 )
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, rush hour hour traffic in Baltimore is brutal.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see that a lot of new people got invited to it and not just the same people, even if some are returning. Remember that it was a great experience being there last time. Will not be returning personally but good to know some people that had and have had great feedback are going. Have fun and help make the game better guys. Hope we get some great theorycrafters to come with. @Taylor_MB you going? I would have recommended you, done really great stuff for the community and knows the formulas well. Damage mitigation theorycrafters need to represent :tongue:

I'm going, so there's going to be at least one theory crafter.

Kinda wish I'd had the time to go through this thread before I was waiting to board my flight.
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Sure is! WHY WOULD ANYONE LIVE HERE??
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

Sure is! WHY WOULD ANYONE LIVE HERE??

Dat seafood doe..
    ---
    ---
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    ---
    Options
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much for the invitation and the awesome play-session which was a very nice surprise this time (we hadn't one last year for Morrowind for example). I always love the passion of the developers and CMs, it is so much fun to talk to persons who do their hobby as a job and just love ESO (like us, the players). So catchy!

Unfortunately the orc can't say much more right now, but you'll see his article on the 3rd of April on ESO-Schatzsucher.de in German and English.

#Summerset is coming, be prepared!
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh you already returned back home? How long did you guys stay there? May we ask that?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice. The fact that Zos have invited people to play test again this year adds to my hype... For them to go to the trouble of one of these play tests means they must be testing something pretty big. :o Curious as to what is in store for us this year.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Oh you already returned back home? How long did you guys stay there? May we ask that?

Nah we're here until Saturday.
    ---
    ---
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    ---
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »

Nah we're here until Saturday.

Ah, nice! Thank you & have fun. :)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 "everything is the streamers' fault!"

S'more ZOS's fault, or at least the cry will be.

Considering they outright didn't lisen to streamer advice after they invited them the last time. Hopefully this time will be different.
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chufu was talking about the event in London which took place on Tuesday.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the invitation and the awesome play-session which was a very nice surprise this time (we hadn't one last year for Morrowind for example). I always love the passion of the developers and CMs, it is so much fun to talk to persons who do their hobby as a job and just love ESO (like us, the players). So catchy!

Unfortunately the orc can't say much more right now, but you'll see his article on the 3rd of April on ESO-Schatzsucher.de in German and English.

#Summerset is coming, be prepared!

Ah. Khajiit also might have done something on Tuesday and might also have written something. This one was there early though so seems to have missed everyone else from here who went.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope atleast playtesters knows if we can retrait jewelry or manipulate with droppable jewelry.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »

Chufu was talking about the event in London which took place on Tuesday.

So much happening right now *confused*
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options