The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA: Playtesters at ZOS this week

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    27n1sf.jpg

Impossible. Alcast doesn't speak through his nose and Wrobel doesn't swear.

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    27n1sf.jpg

Impossible. Alcast doesn't speak through his nose and Wrobel doesn't swear.
    Clark Kent didn't lift up cars and Superman wasn't clumsy. :tongue:

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Alcast wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    AAA games typically have studios around the world collaborating on projects. It's not like meaningful playtesting and feedback can't be done remotely.

This is a PR event.

Incorrect

There's no doubt in my opinion that this event is heavily motivated by PR. Nothing significant is going to be amended a couple of days prior to PTS. If it was truly motivated by testing the design, they'd do that 6 months ahead, at least.
    That being said, PR and real testing don't have to be mutually exclusive.
    And there's nothing wrong with rewarding the people who do a lot for the game (even if they do it for themselves too) with a nice trip to the USA and the headquarters.

Do you know what we did there? I don't think so, otherwise someone broke their NDA. Don't get me wrong, I do get what you mean and I do understand your thought process...but its not entirely true
    Edited by Alcast on 3 April 2018 12:00
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth this one has full confidence in the creative gods and the people who travelled to work with them yes.

What Khajiit does not trust no is the wily ways of accountants and spreadsheet jugglers who may seek to influence creative choices for reasons of gold.

Khajiit is not saying do not make gold - gold it is good yes - but in the Tamriel of this ones dreams the creative vision would come first - or at least be of a higher priority than this one she suspects it is presently given.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AAA games typically have studios around the world collaborating on projects. It's not like meaningful playtesting and feedback can't be done remotely.

This is a PR event.

Incorrect

There's no doubt in my opinion that this event is heavily motivated by PR. Nothing significant is going to be amended a couple of days prior to PTS. If it was truly motivated by testing the design, they'd do that 6 months ahead, at least.
    And there's nothing wrong with rewarding the people who do a lot for the game (even if they do it for themselves too) with a nice trip to the USA and the headquarters.

You have no idea.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a PR event.

Incorrect

Do you know what we did there? I don't think so, otherwise someone broke their NDA. Don't get me wrong, I do get what you mean and I do understand your thought process...but its not entirely true

Yes ! I was hiding in your beard :-)

Joke apart, your comment is valid, but I guess it depends on what one considers "significant".
    The duration of a debuff, the area of effect of a skill, the ranges, the cooldown times, for instance, are all stuff that can be changed on a relatively short notice, and change combat significantly for a lot of people. Not that much for me.
    But no feedback of yours will change the design of the map, the structure of the narrative or the appearance of overland mobs. Which are significant to a lot of people too - including me.
    So unless they've showed you the stuff that they're working on for release in 2019 or 2020 (which I honestly doubt), this was all very short term.
    But then again, as I said, it's fine, PR, testing and all don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on 3 April 2018 12:26
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a PR event.

Incorrect

So unless they've showed you the stuff that they're working on for release in 2019 or 2020 (which I honestly doubt), this was all very short term.
    But then again, as I said, it's fine, PR, testing and all don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I mean, there's a reason why the embargo on our NDAs is only being "partially" lifted this week.

the-things-ive-ucg1ng.jpg
    Edited by Ixtyr on 3 April 2018 12:34
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
    Options
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    efster wrote: »
    Ixy pls ask zos to buff Bosmers. "Short and cute" is not enough

Clearly they should just nerf Argonians and give us all the cool passives.
    Edited by Ixtyr on 3 April 2018 12:37
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »
    I mean, there's a reason why the embargo on our NDAs is only being "partially" lifted this week.

Don't underestimate the means we have to make you... TALK ! B)B)

Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ixtyr wrote: »

Don't underestimate the means we have to make you... TALK ! B)B)

Cat sings - red diamond, red diaaaaaoooowwwmond ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

Options
  • gurneyhalleck00
    Why would maint. take so long for routine patch unless as always you've all jacked stuff up......wow
    The future is an illusion
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would maint. take so long for routine patch unless as always you've all jacked stuff up......wow
    The patch is taking a long time because players were at ZOS events/HQ? :neutral:
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alright, it's April 3rd. What can you give us? I'm sure the forums are ready with their 'Nerf Sorc' threads or whatever it is the forums like to do.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Alright, it's April 3rd. What can you give us? I'm sure the forums are ready with their 'Nerf Sorc' threads or whatever it is the forums like to do.

No NOTM is nightblades. :D

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    20mins left :tongue:
    Options
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    pyFY72V.gif
    Edited by Zeni0s on 3 April 2018 14:10
    Options
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    16:03 -> cant find any information? or am I wrong?
    Options
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They canceled it. :D:D:D
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writings of this one they are now available

http://www.imperialtradingcompany.net/

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Shimmer, that was awesome. Loved seeing behind the scenes at the ZOS offices. And it’s great that you’re so positive about the expansion—I can hardly wait to know more!

I just wish there’d been a few more women there. A lot of us *do* play this game. Maybe in some of the other testing groups?

It was also very noticeable to this one that at the event she attended the other participants were almost all of a male appearance and also wearing beards. As this was a media event this is perhaps a reflection of a wider issue in gaming media perhaps? Maybe we will see a different approach in the articles we write or maybe not? If perhaps there is a different approach this may be something to consider further. Do we want a Tamriel that pleases a mostly male gaming media where the travellers in Tamriel itself are more evenly balanced?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

@SantieClaws Something I noticed at Pax last year. You know how normally there's a huge line for the woman's washroom? At Pax, I could walk straight in and have a stall available. The men's washroom though? RIP. HUGE lines.

So yeah, I think in general it's still male orientated.
    Edited by MissBizz on 3 April 2018 15:24
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the guys drink more beer!
    Wait I should know better, I have a German wife. lol
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question for you play testers.

Does post-Summerset jewelry have new unique icons so you can easily tell which can be deconstructed (new) and which can't (old)?
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »

Does post-Summerset jewelry have new unique icons so you can easily tell which can be deconstructed (new) and which can't (old)?
    They did not have a unique icon. The jewelry with NEW traits do not drop anywhere though. The only way to get those to research is through quest rewards similar to nirn.
    Edited by Shimmer on 3 April 2018 17:11
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shimmer wrote: »

They did not have a unique icon. The jewelry with NEW traits do not drop anywhere though. The only way to get those to research is through quest rewards similar to nirn.
    Oh Azura... here we go again...
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The skill line will still advance by decon as well as crafting like the others though... won't it?
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

To be clear, we will have some sort of signifier in the UI - it just wasn't yet in the build you guys played.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all! I did a video vlog/documentary of my experience at ZOS for the playtest. In the beginning is my reaction after receiving the invite - but we were under NDA and couldn’t mention the playrest or trip to ZOS :). Hope y’all enjoy! I couldn’t hold the camera up too high, and had to cut some of the tour as we couldn’t take pictures or videos of monitors or anything with new info on it.

https://youtu.be/6x2GkW6JbxM

great vid @Shimmer ...really appreciate you taking pics of the office and where the testing took place...for some odd reason, that stuff is really interesting to me...

i'm glad you had the opportunity to attend...it definitely seems like something that was very special to you :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be clear, we will have some sort of signifier in the UI - it just wasn't yet in the build you guys played.

Thanks Gina!

Can you tell us when we'll get the patch notes for Summerset or is that still nda stuff? I think most of us are quite interested in the details hidden in the notes.

Later this week, next week...?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Thanks Gina!

Can you tell us when we'll get the patch notes for Summerset or is that still nda stuff? I think most of us are quite interested in the details hidden in the notes.

Later this week, next week...?

PTS is planned for April 21st. Hence patch notes on April 21st.
    And yes, the more infos we get, the more we want.
    That's PR-driven hype - and it works.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Thanks Gina. :)
    Options