The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Issue with launcher (error 210) [SOLVED!]

• ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is this: ZOS's patch manifest download server is down.
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    haha i know but you if you check this thread page 1:
    the 2nd response form GaryA basically says "it's not us, it's you"... like they're trying to break up with us :(

until they actually accept that log in problems are not on our end, it's hopeless.
    Edited by Kosar on 10 October 2014 01:35
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    it kind of pisses me off honestly that last similar event like this, like 2 months after release, they actually pinpointed a server reset would solve the problem but then did NOT do one for 7 more days after discovering that.

if they already know taking the time to just soft reset the server would let all of us back in but are refusing to do it again because it's going to be reset next week anyway... that's just unacceptable......
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem steps don't help with 2 days left on my sub and a lack of things to do might be the last straw =D
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has to be some of the poorest game management around, i run a trade guild and can see why I'm kicking 10+ inactives everyday they must be bleeding subs left, right and centre.
  • whiteclaw47
    whiteclaw47
    ✭✭
    broer wrote: »
    FYI, the laucher does not load after i done this. It stays blanc!

I have the same prolem (see picture). The launcher is blank.
    I was playing eso on 8th of October and everything was fine. Next day, it suddenly couldn't downloaded the manifest, error 210. Tried repair, got stuck at 0% few minutes later, error 210 came up. Then I tried deleting the file and reinstall and now I got blank installer (picture).
    I contact the support and they just copy&paste "fixes" (that didn't workd ofc, like always), but none worked. Still got a blank launcher.
    I can run the game directly without a launcher, but when the next patch comes, I wont be able to download the patch and can't play (paid gametime waisted) until they fix this (hopefully soon).
    *** I'm not the only one with the problem and I hope they will fix it soon.
    BTW that link provided also didn't work for me (not found).
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems we're all stuck in the same boat. Able to play by bypassing the launcher for now, but once a new patch or major update comes we're stuck with paid game time running out and no way to play. *fingers crossed* a server reset comes soon.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    Any update on the issue?
  • drmrogers
    drmrogers
    Soul Shriven
    Getting the same issue. Have submitted a ticket! Help!
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is wack with the launcher since the PVP update on 10/7. It takes mine five minutes at least to even load, if it loads. Never had that issue before the hotfix. My launcher issues started right after may game updated.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings! For those of you who started experiencing this issue between Wednesday, October 8 and now, could you please let us know your ISP so we can further investigate this issue?

There are a couple of troubleshooting steps we can recommend at this time to refresh how your system is connecting to our patcher and launcher servers.
    To Flush DNS on a PC:
    •Click on the Start button
    •Type cmd in the Start Menu
    •Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
    •Type "ipconfig /flushdns" and hit enter
    •If it was successful, you will see the message "Windows IP configuration successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache"
    •Power cycle the router to clear the cache so that it doesn't store the bad route

To renew your IP address and flush DNS on a Mac:

To renew your IP address use the following steps:
    •Select Apple menu>System preferences>Network.
    •Select active connection.
    •Open advanced menu.
    •Click Renew DHCP Lease. (this may take some time)

To flush DNS Please use the following steps:
    •Click 'Go' on the top bar while in finder.
    •Select Utilities>Terminal.
    •Type the command "dscacheutil -flushcache"

To powercycle your home network:

1. Turn off the router by unplugging it. If you have a modem and router in one device, turn it off then proceed to step 3.
    2. Turn off the DSL or cable modem for three minutes.

Note: Some modems are equipped with a backup battery. If your modem have one, please remove the backup battery to completely turn off your modem. For common cable modems equipped with backup batteries, please see Performing a full reset of cable modem with battery backup

3. Turn off all computers attached to your network.
    4. Turn on the DSL or cable modem first and let it boot. Let it complete its connection to your ISP before proceeding to the next step. If you have a modem and router in one device, proceed to step 6 after it connects to your ISP.
    5. Once the modem completes the connection to your ISP, plug in the router. Let it complete its power on test before proceeding to the next step
    6. Restart your computers.

If you are still unable to connect to the launcher properly afterwards after performing the above steps, please either post your customer support ticket number here or send me a PM.

If you do not yet have a support ticket placed with us regarding this issue, please let us know and we will be happy to create one for you. Our customer support team will be happy to reach out to you with more individualized steps to follow and to gather some information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MollyH‌

not to be a jerk, but those are parts of the basic troubleshooting steps BEFORE one would try uninstalling and deleting files form their own pc... we are WELL BEYOND that point right now.

PLEASE except the fact this is NOT on our end...EXACTLY like the last time the log in servers didn't let people in... and RESET YOUR OWN CONNECTIONS.

ticket number:

141009-001319
    Edited by Kosar on 10 October 2014 15:14
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosar wrote: »
    @ZOS_MollyH‌

not to be a jerk, but those are parts of the basic troubleshooting steps BEFORE one would try uninstalling and deleting files form their own pc... we are WELL BEYOND that point right now.

PLEASE except the fact this is NOT on our end...EXACTLY like the last time the log in servers didn't let people in... and RESET YOUR OWN CONNECTIONS.

They just copy and pasta wondering if anyone whom actually knows what they are doing are currently working at ZOS.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    We do understand your frustration, but we have to provide basic troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue and properly investigate. We're not trying to give you the run around, but we do need to be sure that we cover all the bases.

As we make adjustments on our end, we are advising at this time to please re-try these troubleshooting steps to make sure everything is fresh when trying to connect again.

We do still need to collect ISP information so that we can contact them directly to ensure they are also updating their information as we make changes to optimize things on our end.

Again we do understand and we know that this is a frustrating issue, and we really do appreciate your cooperation!

@Black-Bird - did the above steps prove unsuccessful? If so, we'll get you in touch with Support now.
    Staff Post
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    We do understand your frustration, but we have to provide basic troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue and properly investigate. We're not trying to give you the run around, but we do need to be sure that we cover all the bases.

As we make adjustments on our end, we are advising at this time to please re-try these troubleshooting steps to make sure everything is fresh when trying to connect again.

We do still need to collect ISP information so that we can contact them directly to ensure they are also updating their information as we make changes to optimize things on our end.

Again we do understand and we know that this is a frustrating issue, and we really do appreciate your cooperation!

@Black-Bird - did the above steps prove unsuccessful? If so, we'll get you in touch with Support now.

Yes they did, I'm running ESO form the .exe not the launcher now but dw about it I've already unsubbed
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MollyH‌

again, not to be a jerk... but what you are asking is a step that was provided 24 hours ago. most of us are not a crop that just got this error this morning.

so while i respect you asking for it...i was asked to do that 3 times yesterday...

5 hours of hold time on the phone, 12 hours to wait for an email response that i said i did not want after directly stating to give me a phone call.... that's escalating the level of frustration extremely quickly to come back here 24 hours later and be asked to try what i was asked to try yesterday....
    Edited by Kosar on 10 October 2014 15:39
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    i just realized you are deleting posts about this issue... so instead of having a wealth of information for people to see they aren't the only one having a problem and try and know/understand the issue... you're burying the issue?

that's a bigger problem than the inability to accept fault and completely unprofessional...

i've also never seen a game company have their servers/patchers/whatever appear offline to a large number of players and then NOT reset their servers. when an issue like this happens, you issue a global warning and say "hey we're bringing the servers down for a soft reset, see you in an hour"... and for the poeple who lose an hour, sorry, but there are thousands of us who are losing DAYS....
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it gets too hard for them they seem to go MIA
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    i don't even want a fix at this point because i know it's not coming until the next incremental patch... and the "fix" will just be a reset server side, not even a real fix, and something they could have done at any point in the last 3 days and NOT pissed off they players, stressed their CSRs, and ruined another weekend for a large number of people.

and i know it's not the CSRs that are MIA...it's the people who SHOULD be actually fixing this.... i actually really feel bad for the CSRs who are given bad, wrong, and repetitive information to keep repeating at us in hopes we just walk away until Monday... it;'s not helping anyone feel better about their lives right now.
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude have you tried running the ESO.exe not the launcher? worked for me
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black-Bird wrote: »
    When it gets too hard for them they seem to go MIA
    We are not MIA. We are actively troubleshooting this issue and attempting to narrow down what's happening to resolve it. We welcome you to post the results of your troubleshooting, any additional steps you've tried, your ISP, and any other helpful information.

As Molly said, we understand that you guys are frustrated, we truly do, but we can't allow this thread to derail and will have to remove off-topic or disruptive comments. Thank you for your understanding.
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    As much as possible we try to provide support here on the forums. In addition to assisting you on the channel of your choice, it makes those solutions more public. However, there are times when issues need to be handled on a one-on-one basis, or with more privacy than the forums allow.

If basic troubleshooting doesn't resolve the matter, please submit a support ticket with the following:
    • Brief explanation of the problem
    • Verify that you have flushed your DNS
    • Provide your ISP information
    This gives us the information we need to pursue this further. You can post your ticket number here, or PM it to ZOS_MollyH.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK‌

Well I tried all of your posted steps above with no dice, only work around I have found is running the game directly from the ESO.exe as I posted above..

Sorry if the post was offensive but I'm sure even you can admit tristan sometimes its a very long time between drinks as to when CS reps comment on Issues or actually get things fixed I'm still bitter about the FPS bug back in 1.3 that wiped out my PvP guild due to the lack of accountability from ZOS 5 days free time for 2 weeks of unplayable PvP not a lot to ask really mate and would have saved you money in the long run. I know its not your fault but you guys are really butchering a famed title here.

I've let you know how I feel and provided a feedback thread I've unsubbed and can't be bothered paying for a game i can play 3/4 of the time I want to WoW set a high standard perhaps thats the reason why myself and so many others are over this.
    Edited by KBKB on 10 October 2014 17:03
  • Absynthe
    Absynthe
    ✭✭
    Resent my info, sorry! :blush:
    Leonine Tigeress
  • Kaladorn
    Kaladorn
    Soul Shriven
    Hi i just made a ticket regarding my problem. I wanted to pm my ticketnumber to MollyH but for some reason i dont have permision to pm. So here is my number: 141010-000806. i hope you can help me out.
  • Kosar
    Kosar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK‌
    @ZOS_AlanG‌

ok so you are accusing us of derailing this...yet you keep the cycle going in circles that started 24, 48, 72 hours for all of us...

and what did you just ask for? again...for the 10,000th time:

all the steps i have already tried ... i tried everything repeatedly for 24 hours...that's why the ticket was submitted 24 hours ago when i ran out of options...

scroll up and i posted my ticket number and no response was given in regards to that... no alert here, no email, still no phone call that i was promised would come last night.

i specifically said call me any time last night in my request ticket and what happened? i got an email at 11pm that said "we know it's too late to call you"... it wasn't too late: i got that email at 2am and was up for another 2 hours.

all i want is my money back for the issue that you are not resolving. like i said this is the SECOND time the servers locked me out and i'm not paying for it anymore. i was not given any kind of compensation for the first 12 days lost when the log-in servers were unreachable and i'm 10000% positive you are not compensating us for this go around. i can't play now, by the next update when you finally reset servers and let us in i'm not going to want to play... so the money that was charged on October 9th I want back.

it's absolute insanity that no matter who responds to these issues, we get told to reset, delete, bypass over and over... you can call it derailing, but it's just asking you to stop repeating the info.

you would NOT have to repeat the info if you had NOT deleted the DOZENS of threads on this issue that were up the last few days. you would not have new people wandering into the storm unaware of what to try to fix stuff first and then repeat it to those of us who have been locked out for days.

and NO i can't load from the .exe because I didn't update the game before this happened. no one should even have to do that if this game worked. this isn't launch month, we're 7 months deep... this is unacceptable.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello @Kosar‌ and @rjr1976b16_ESO‌ - We see that one of our support team members has reached out both to you to get some more information from you to research this. Our support team will be happy to continue correspondence via your support ticket regarding this issue.

Staff Post
  • broer
    broer
    ✭✭
    Seems customer service has no clue what they doing.... Every single "solution" they offer does not work.
  • ShadoPanauin
    ShadoPanauin
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MollyH This is one of the things I've noticed to be recurring in the logs:

WebGet timeout on socket IO for request 'http://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest' (15.0:1) -- requesting retry
    Failed to create http request handle [0x00000006 GET:/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest:HTTP/1.1:]
    WebGet timeout on socket IO for request 'http://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest' (15.0:3) -- requesting retry
    Failed to create http request handle [0x00000006 GET:/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest:HTTP/1.1:]
    WebGet timeout on socket IO for request 'http://launcher.bethesda.net/Bethesda.net_Launcher/Bethesda.net_Launcher.patchmanifest' (15.0:5) -- requesting retry

In a fix for this found here https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22414/?_ga=1.232847710.1577460771.140191884

the same link is shown; however that link is broken. I'm not a computer genius, but this seems to be the problem. The only sense I can make of that log is that it is attempting to download the manifest from the broken site, causing the problem.

EDIT: I went back a page, and noticed that Kosar had something where he couldn't download a second thing from the same website, launcher.bethesda.net - I try to connect to it, and the server is said to not exist.

Hopefully this helps.
    Edited by ShadoPanauin on 10 October 2014 20:49
    R.I.P. Million Reasons to Bomb, he triggered ZOS

Characters:
    Million Reasons to Rename - AD Magicka Nightblade
    Lúcio C - AD Stamina Sorcerer
    slaughterfishlivesmatter - AD Stamina Nightblade
    Million Reasons to Rake - DC Stamina Sorcerer
    Shadopandauin - EP Magicka DK
    Million Reasons to Lag - EP Magicka Sorcerer