Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Afraid to move wrong without getting banned!

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh sweet, they're finally banning knuckleheads for wildly inappropriate names? Outstanding
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am absolutely not afraid of getting banned because I haven't broken any rules. OP sounds like he botted or bought gold and is getting nervous.
  • Gimick
    Gimick
    Soul Shriven
    I got banned. Not sure why. No email saying I was banned, just couldn't log in. Called consumer service and got my account reinstated, but wasn't given a reason for the banning other than "we have accidentally banned many players that were not supposed to be banned".

I got banned the day after Craglorn came out. The day after I spent a good 5-6 hours of running from anomaly to anomaly, killing bosses and looting chests.

I've never broken the EULA, Terms of Service or Code of Conduct. But what I think happened is that they have some anti-botting code running that flags accounts that are bringing in above normal amount of experience/hour or loot/hour. And in their rush to get out Craglorn, didn't update this anti-botting code to reflect the new reality that getting experience and loot in Craglorn is much much much easier/quicker than in previous content.
  • Flayedalive
    I worry. For example I used to collect resources on Bleakwind Isle near Dreadclaw's cave, until the bots took over the whole area. Over and over I saw solo players trying to fight it and dying. I could have offered to help by just healing them. But did not want to risk being banned, as the game might have considered me farming the name. When me and my hubby are in a dungeon and the boss spawns real fast after we had just defeated it, I tell him we should move fast away from it's spawn point, so we don't risk being banned for "farming" it.

Sometimes me or my hubby needs some gold to buy a piece of gear from the guild store. We don't dare risk trading any gold. So instead the one with enough gold buys the piece of gear and trades it to the other. Then the other trades a stack of ore or such that can be posted.

This company is too lazy, depending on badly written programs to do the bans.

This is exactly what ZOS needs to address. They're making people so paranoid to deal with normal everyday gameplay that it is ruining the atmosphere of this great game.

Seriously ZOS you already apologised publicly for suspending innocent players, I sincerely hope you are not suspending innocent players again, as you stated that even banning one innocent player is one too many.