Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Afraid to move wrong without getting banned!

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
I keep hearing I game and seeing threads about people getting banned for next to nothing. It's seriously made me a nervous wreck while playing even though I play legit. People getting banned for reporting too many bots, staying in town for too long(was told they were a gold seller), having large amounts of money across alts, character names(molags balls) and a few more I can't think of.

What do you think is going on? Did you get suspended or banned for something you didn't do? Maybe a friend or guild mate? I'm almost starting to think these people are not telling the whole story and just letting us in on what they want us to know. I'd really like to hear from ZOS that as long as I follow the rules I should have no worries. Speaking of rules where are these, I'd love to read them rather than just the quick scan I did a month ago.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think: a subscription-based MMO doesn't get far banning paying subscribers, unless those subscribers are taking away from the experience of others.

Are you ruining the game for others? You should be fine. But either way, re-reading the EULA (which I learned long ago basically says they can ban you for anything) is always healthy.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    I am not concerned about getting banned at all.
  • Purple_Prophet
    Rest easy because this probably happens to about .00001% of the player population. Most of the reasons you have posted I have done and have been perfectly fine. No use in worrying about something you have no control over anyways.
    And the world comes to a close once again...
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also cant really believe much of anything you read in the forums. If simply dislike this game I can come on here an post whatever crap I want to spreading the seeds of doubt.

Play the game to have fun. Simple as that. A lot of people are trying to exploit, hack, break the game in every way possible and then wonder why they are getting banned.
  • yake82
    yake82
    ✭✭✭
    People who bought gold being banned. Then they claim that they were banned for nothing.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    @METALPUNKS‌

Why are you worry that you will get ban as long as you know you have not do anything illegal it wont happen and honest those people that get ban have not told us the whole story why the got ban and if you stay still to long in town worst thing that can happen is that you get disconnect and have reload back in to the game again :D

Just yesterday i see group of 4 people run around in pattern which was to 100% bots and i did report so that person will most like get ban.

Tell you the truth i got banned from WoW forum for 2 days for i ask simply question about thing and the MVP that answer was not even answer my question he was talk about other thing that did not have anything to do with my question so i got *** off and i was posting this

"Look like the only thing MVP in this forum is good at is kiss up to blizzard but it don't look like you need have any knowledge about the game at all as long as write good thing about blizzard you can get MVP"

But i could still play the game and i got message i got banned for harassment the MVP btw MVP means Most Valuable Poster if you did not know that :)

I would not worry so much if i was you just go out in world and have fun and play the game and enjoy it :)

Edited by Wolfshead on 26 May 2014 05:19
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Strigoimare
    I have yet to hear from a credible source of someone who didn't do something wrong being banned.
  • ZOS_CatK
    ZOS_CatK
    ✭✭✭
    @METALPUNKS‌

Three links you might want to check out to make sure you are doing fine:
    Terms of Service
    Code of Conduct
    EULA

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    yake82 wrote: »
    People who bought gold being banned. Then they claim that they were banned for nothing.

well that isn't necessarily true:
    http://www.gamefront.com/elders-scrolls-online-bans-hit-innocent-players/

now I don't mean to say that this happens often / a lot or whatever, but it IS possible to get banned while being innocent

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Always two sides to a story. Players are liable to only post what they want people to read/believe when under suspicion .
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to hear from a credible source of someone who didn't do something wrong being banned.

So you weren't around when they had that mass ban wave for the guild bank dupe about a month ago that caught several hundred innocent folks - which the devs admitted they screwed up on?
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sound crazy.

Are you in fact crazy? Because only a crazy person would worry about being banned for doing nothing if they in fact are doing nothing. If you are doing things you suspect may cause you to be banned, then my suggestion is to stop doing those things. Otherwise stop being crazy for the sake of us all.
    Edited by Mablung on 26 May 2014 05:50
  • SharranAes
    SharranAes
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm that you do not get banned for reporting "too many bots"
    I reported around 20-30 every day up until recently

The only reason my number of reports has dropped lately, is because I don't see them anymore - I get the occasional mail, but I no longer see zone spam, or come across 5 bots camping a jute node
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every justice system has to deal with the issues of increased security + falsely accusing innocents or lax security + guilty parties getting away with crime.

It's unfortunate, but some innocents are always going to be accidentally banned if we want immediate resolutions to the botting problem. However, if we settle for non-immediate resolutions and actual human reviews, less innocents will be banned but botters will enjoy greater length of life before being banned.

At some point, we just have to give up worrying about it and play the game. If you get banned, yes, it sucks, but go through the proper channels to restore your (hopefully innocent) account.
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest easy because this probably happens to about .00001% of the player population. Most of the reasons you have posted I have done and have been perfectly fine. No use in worrying about something you have no control over anyways.
    This, its a few reasons why you could get to many reports:
    Primary spamming chat with too many WTS messages, in short time, yes this can get you in problems.

Having an idiot name and grind as a Templar only using the spear attack will probably get you reports for boting as its their signature. This will be resolved.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • brian_mccreight215b16_ESO
    Any post placed regarding those getting banned and complaining, I would suggest you take that lightly, 99% of the time there will be a legit reason they have been banned and cannot accept it themselves, instead making a list of nonsense on why it happened.
  • Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    Mablung wrote: »
    You sound crazy.

Are you in fact crazy? Because only a crazy person would worry about being banned for doing nothing if they in fact are doing nothing. If you are doing things you suspect may cause you to be banned, then my suggestion is to stop doing those things. Otherwise stop being crazy for the sake of us all.

*spit take* LmAo

• Doomraven
    Doomraven

Pretty much this.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_CatK wrote: »
    @METALPUNKS‌

Three links you might want to check out to make sure you are doing fine:
    Terms of Service
    Code of Conduct
    EULA

Thank you and I will be looking this over during the downtime right now.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway ya just what I though people are not telling the whole story. Makes me feel better.
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    METALPUNKS wrote: »
    Anyway ya just what I though people are not telling the whole story. Makes me feel better.

Meth...it's a helluva drug.
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭

Ya I've pretty much been acting like a meth head lol. I was freaking myself out hearing all this stuff over at TF. They actually started closing the threads about this over there.
    Edited by METALPUNKS on 26 May 2014 07:10
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya I've pretty much been acting like a meth head lol. I was freaking myself out hearing all this stuff over at TF. They actually started closing the threads about this over there.

You're going to be just fine kid. ;)
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shiaxi wrote: »

well that isn't necessarily true:
    http://www.gamefront.com/elders-scrolls-online-bans-hit-innocent-players/

now I don't mean to say that this happens often / a lot or whatever, but it IS possible to get banned while being innocent

What does an article made by people who bought gold and got banned then tried to say they got banned for doing nothing prove?

*note I didn't even read it.
  • dastone
    dastone
    ✭✭
    People were banned for breaking the rules buying gold or what not. They were unbanned after giving a warning this is typical of mmo companies. The people that were banned were all innocent just like all the people in prison claim. They won't admit to breaking rules it is embarrassing getting caught claiming innocent and saying the company sucks is much more fun. Besides have you seen these forums fully of whining 10 year olds you think they are going to fess up to buying gold?
  • Azar08
    Azar08
    I just got off a 19 hour ban for absolutely nothing, their answer to me was their automated bot banner was randomly banning people after last patch.
  • PopTartFarts
    PopTartFarts
    Soul Shriven
    If you are truly doing nothing wrong then don't worry about getting banned. If they ban you anyway...they didn't want your money. Go spend it on another game.
    Mountain? Hell, it was flat on the map!
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Someone in game told you that they were banned from the game? They must know what "banned" means. Because it means that they will NEVER be back. If they were banned by mistake then unbanned that is one thing. If they were temporarily locked out to get their attention and given a second chance to prove they can obey the rules that is yet another. But banned is banned is banned.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on 26 May 2014 11:34
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I can say is, don't ever buy a car.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol, do the math, that would assume, for that 5 absurd case of banning, there are minimum 500,000 active players..........

And I doubt there are only 5 innocent people got banned, so, 0.00001%? I think not.