Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Devs have been doing an awesome job, restored my faith in this company

• Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Asava wrote: »
    Zos is starting to remind me of Gearbox with it's "screw the customers and laugh while on the way to the bank" attitude that GB had after the released Aliens:Colonial Marines. That one went to class action lawsuit over it.

I don't see how it is getting like that though, they are working hard to get things fixed.[/quote]

It's pretty easy to see. A bunch of us started reporting log in errors Thursday afternoon after the patch and the servers came up. They should of rebooted the servers Friday morning to clear the log in queue on the log in server at least. Now here we are 4 days later and now today they said that they'll reboot them tomorrow, which is day 5. They also fixed a few issues for those that could actually get in game but neglected to do a damn thing about those of us that can not get into the game. GB did the bait and switch thing as well and almost got themselves sued by Sega who owns the rights to Aliens because of the bad press. Players/customers got together and filed a class action lawsuit against Sega and GB over it.
  • Purple_Prophet
    shiva7663 wrote: »
    Their recent willingness to push out hotfixes for critical issues is encouraging.

Well I should hope so. They are charging an arm and a leg for this game.

If they have 35,000 subscribers that's over half a million a month.

Now fix it.

I am a uni student with no income and I afford it just by doing the dishes, its 50c a day.

It's hard for people to understand this. Most of the player base seems to not have any income per month which is sad considering that anyone 18+ should have a job of some kind.

Well im 18 but I have classes 9-5 everyday so I have no time for a job ^.^

Well, I'm 20 and work full time plus go full time at school as well. No excuse.

I don't have that option lol, I have to be full time student to get my course done in 4 years so I can start my next course before it closes.

How do you not have that option? If I can do the same thing and finish my 4 year degree in 3 years while working full-time, then why can't you at least work part-time?
    And the world comes to a close once again...
  • tylarthb16_ESO
    tylarthb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If the current state of the game is an 'awesome' job. I'd be a very disappointed investor. I'm definitely a disappointed customer since this update release.
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    That is an amazing response time from my experience, no issue is ever fixed on the day it appears.

Hmm? Trion has done that with Rift for 3+ years. Same day fixes are very, very common there, and with some other MMOs. It's not uncommon or new. It's not quite the standard, either, to be fair, but it's not uncommon.
    "It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their recent willingness to push out hotfixes for critical issues is encouraging.

Now fix it.

I am a uni student with no income and I afford it just by doing the dishes, its 50c a day.

It's hard for people to understand this. Most of the player base seems to not have any income per month which is sad considering that anyone 18+ should have a job of some kind.

I don't have that option lol, I have to be full time student to get my course done in 4 years so I can start my next course before it closes.

How do you not have that option? If I can do the same thing and finish my 4 year degree in 3 years while working full-time, then why can't you at least work part-time?

Seriously? what time do I have? I'm doing engineering so im at uni from 9-5 doing set work then pretty much all of the time I have after that is spent studying or doing assignments.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zos is starting to remind me of Gearbox with it's "screw the customers and laugh while on the way to the bank" attitude that GB had after the released Aliens:Colonial Marines. That one went to class action lawsuit over it.

I don't see how it is getting like that though, they are working hard to get things fixed.

It's pretty easy to see. A bunch of us started reporting log in errors Thursday afternoon after the patch and the servers came up. They should of rebooted the servers Friday morning to clear the log in queue on the log in server at least. Now here we are 4 days later and now today they said that they'll reboot them tomorrow, which is day 5. They also fixed a few issues for those that could actually get in game but neglected to do a damn thing about those of us that can not get into the game. GB did the bait and switch thing as well and almost got themselves sued by Sega who owns the rights to Aliens because of the bad press. Players/customers got together and filed a class action lawsuit against Sega and GB over it.[/quote]

They started investigating the issues as soon as they are found, they have to find it, fix it and then test it. It's not going to be instant.
  • Purple_Prophet

Now fix it.

Seriously? what time do I have? I'm doing engineering so im at uni from 9-5 doing set work then pretty much all of the time I have after that is spent studying or doing assignments.

Were one in the same. I'm an Electronics Engineer and have time to do everything you say you cannot do. So do a lot of the people in my classes. No matter what you say, people still do what you say you cannot do including me.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭

I don't see how it is getting like that though, they are working hard to get things fixed.

It's pretty easy to see. A bunch of us started reporting log in errors Thursday afternoon after the patch and the servers came up. They should of rebooted the servers Friday morning to clear the log in queue on the log in server at least. Now here we are 4 days later and now today they said that they'll reboot them tomorrow, which is day 5. They also fixed a few issues for those that could actually get in game but neglected to do a damn thing about those of us that can not get into the game. GB did the bait and switch thing as well and almost got themselves sued by Sega who owns the rights to Aliens because of the bad press. Players/customers got together and filed a class action lawsuit against Sega and GB over it.

They started investigating the issues as soon as they are found, they have to find it, fix it and then test it. It's not going to be instant.[/quote]

I'm not looking for an instant fix, but being locked out for almost 1/4 of your paid subscription time isn't acceptable either as a customer.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Now fix it.

Were one in the same. I'm an Electronics Engineer and have time to do everything you say you cannot do. So do a lot of the people in my classes. No matter what you say, people still do what you say you cannot do including me.

Not going to put myself under more pressure because someone thinks that I should have a job.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on 26 May 2014 04:10
  • Purple_Prophet

Now fix it.

Great, have fun failing your course, you live your life and stop telling me how "I could do better".

Not going to put myself under more pressure because someone idiot thinks that I should have a job.

I see you're at your limit with this since it's come to insults. I'll end it here then and gl with your classes. Oh, and for your info, I'll be done next semester with a 3.9 GPA or higher so failing will not happen.
    Edited by Purple_Prophet on 26 May 2014 04:10
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Now fix it.

Great, have fun failing your course, you live your life and stop telling me how "I could do better".

Not going to put myself under more pressure because someone idiot thinks that I should have a job.

I see you're at your limit with this since it's come to insults. I'll end it here then and gl with your classes. Oh, and for your info, I'll be done next semester with a 3.9 GPA or higher so failing will not happen.

Well here I am on 5.2 looking down so have fun.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the larger thread topic, yes, it is hard to please everyone. But I don't buy the conspiratorial tone I've been seeing popping up around these forums regarding the company making this game. I see no pertinent data being offered (subscription rates, strategic memos by the leads on developer planning, work hour logs for employees assigned to bug hunting and fix testing, internal reports on the status and complexity of coding issue fixes that are in progress) nor any compelling argument that suggest that the company making this game wants it to be anything but successful. I do see lots of impatient speculation and vague, unsupported insinuations of insider gaming industry knowledge here and there. Zenimax Online Studios will succeed or they won't with Elder Scrolls Online, but either way it won't be because they didn't try to make this venture work.
    Edited by tinythinker on 26 May 2014 10:46
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Purple_Prophet

Now fix it.

Well here I am on 5.2 looking down so have fun.

No clue what your GPA max can be, ours is 4.0