Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Devs have been doing an awesome job, restored my faith in this company

glitchmaster999
glitchmaster999
✭✭✭✭
When I got 301, I thought that this may be the end of ESO for me. DDO had a bug such as this previously that took them over a month to fix and now ZOS comes out with a new patch that has three major game breaking bugs that weren't picked up in PTS. Within 2 days, the vet content and the loading screens were fixed and on the fourth day the log in will be fixed. That is an amazing response time from my experience, no issue is ever fixed on the day it appears. If they hotfix nightblades they have my sub and this will officially become my new MMO.

Thank you for the hard work and keep up the good work :D
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The responses from the community managers have indeed gotten better. I still would like some more communication with the developers, though. A lot of topics here are discussing the philosophy of the game's design, which requires talking to the people in charge of said design.

For instance, there are numerous threads about:

1. Respec costs
    2. Melee weapon skill lines being underpowered
    3. Frequency of level cap increases
    4. etc.

Having an open discussion about these topics with the people in charge would be great, rather than having to wait until each patch and cross our fingers.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree I don't think they are at the stage to be doing that yet, they still have issues to fix before they consider some of those threads and the ideas they convey :)
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the meantime.... I've had an open ticket now for 2 1/2 weeks that they have yet to work on.
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Enkshar
    Enkshar
    ✭✭
    now ZOS comes out with a new patch that has three major game breaking bugs that weren't picked up in PTS

May be im a bit pessimistic this last days but, that is not acceptable, even thougth responce was "quick" that should never got live specially since loading time have been an issue since launch. All this bugs and nerf say one thing "rushed deploy of a patch that wasnt tested enough"

Sad but true
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same OP. I was getting concerned with their ability to get "balance" for lack of a better term. This patch was amazing in that respect.

There are no more stupidly OP abilities.
    Edited by TheBull on 25 May 2014 22:25
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enkshar wrote: »
    now ZOS comes out with a new patch that has three major game breaking bugs that weren't picked up in PTS

May be im a bit pessimistic this last days but, that is not acceptable, even thougth responce was "quick" that should never got live specially since loading time have been an issue since launch. All this bugs and nerf say one thing "rushed deploy of a patch that wasnt tested enough"

Sad but true

I had the loading screen issue at launch but it was caused by addons not by the server, that was a result of 1.1.2. I do feel your pain but maybe PTS should be open to everyone so these bugs don't get through?
    TheBull wrote: »
    Same OP. I was getting concerned with their ability to get "balance" for lack of a better term. This patch was amazing in that respect.

There are no more stupidly OP abilities.

Yeah the balance is definitely an ongoing thing with them and it is really good to see.
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    Their recent willingness to push out hotfixes for critical issues is encouraging.
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    shiva7663 wrote: »
    Their recent willingness to push out hotfixes for critical issues is encouraging.

Well I should hope so. They are charging an arm and a leg for this game.

If they have 35,000 subscribers that's over half a million a month.

Now fix it.
    Edited by michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO on 25 May 2014 22:58
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Now fix it.

I am a uni student with no income and I afford it just by doing the dishes, its 50c a day.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Now fix it.

If 2 value meals from McDonalds a month is your definition of "an arm and a leg" I'm left scratching my head trying to figure out how you managed to afford the computer you used to type that message from, and the internet connection, and the electric bill...
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, we are now getting the communication we should of got from the start. Any skill that is changed should be listed in the patch, not wait until hundreds of players complain (biting jabs internal clock changed from 0.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds)

Any zone change should also be listed (all V1-V10 mob increased in HP and damage then rolled back)

Personally I think the only reason we are getting communication now was due to the high number of unsubs they saw. Maybe they had no plans to roll back any of the changes until they saw the unsub numbers. Those number are the only things that makes them look and take any notice of the players.

The hotfixes 'feel' more like a panic reaction to the unsub numbers then any desire for the players.
    Edited by Natjur on 25 May 2014 23:24
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have to see the truth and accept it.... ESO is a mess and so are the people running the show/game/customer service.

Alot of MMO's are a mess but this is The Elder Scrolls not just a WOW clone etc. They had big shoes to fill and have failed.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Yes, we are now getting the communication we should of got from the start. Any skill that is changed should be listed in the patch, not wait until hundreds of players complain (biting jabs internal clock changed from 0.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds)

Any zone change should also be listed (all V1-V10 mob increased in HP and damage then rolled back)

Personally I think the only reason we are getting communication now was due to the high number of unsubs they saw. Maybe they had no plans to roll back any of the changes until they saw the unsub numbers. Those number are the only things that makes them look and take any notice of the players.

The hotfixes 'feel' more like a panic reaction to the unsub numbers then any desire for the players.

The biting jabs was an oversight, the vet changes was accidental and not picked up by PTS testers. They have started talking to us more because the community requested it, I was one of many that started a poll asking if people wanted more developer feedback and they took it on board.
    NiRN wrote: »
    People have to see the truth and accept it.... ESO is a mess and so are the people running the show/game/customer service.

Alot of MMO's are a mess but this is The Elder Scrolls not just a WOW clone etc. They had big shoes to fill and have failed.

Please start or finish an opinion with "in my opinion" because I don't see it as a failure and I think the developers are doing a great job. Saying that the game is a mess is an opinion about the current state that I don't share. Its early after release and they have addressed a vast majority of issues and even managed a full content update in the short time its been out.
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the admission that they know a lot of things are broken with nightblades was encouraging that they are listening and looking into what needs to be fixed. Seeing them say "well don't expect most of those things to be fixed until two more subscription cycles pass"... not so much.

They have come a long way since beta, but they still have a long way to go.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    HandofBane wrote: »
    Seeing the admission that they know a lot of things are broken with nightblades was encouraging that they are listening and looking into what needs to be fixed. Seeing them say "well don't expect most of those things to be fixed until two more subscription cycles pass"... not so much.

They have come a long way since beta, but they still have a long way to go.

Yeah the nightblade patches should be a hotfix and soon. At least they are getting it done though :D
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please start or finish an opinion with "in my opinion" because I don't see it as a failure and I think the developers are doing a great job. Saying that the game is a mess is an opinion about the current state that I don't share. Its early after release and they have addressed a vast majority of issues and even managed a full content update in the short time its been out.
    In my opinion, the quests in Craglorn are the best so far, If you ignore the changes they are rolling back and how unstable Craglorn is (crashes for so many people). I think this new zone is a WIN. I have complete the quests and they were a lot of fun. Really well done there. Its just a shame the bugs and crashes are letting them down.

It does not matter how great ice cream tastes if some keeps bumping you and dropping it on the floor.

So well done on the design, shame about the bugs.
    Edited by Natjur on 25 May 2014 23:48
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

how did I know you would be putting your input in on this. I know you are upset but do you have to go and spew your venom at everyone who has something positive to say?

I think we get it now. You are mad, you want the world to know.

These forums know - now tell the rest of the world.
    Edited by Laura on 25 May 2014 23:53
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »

how did I know you would be putting your input in on this. I know you are upset but do you have to go and spew your venom at everyone who has something positive to say?

I refuse to be a sheep and follow the rest to slaughter without a fight. That makes you perturbed but it's ok you can choose to ignore my responses or deal with it.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    my question is HOW did they fix your 301 error? tons of us people have been unable to play for hours and days. So im not impressed by any meens for customer service, my replys from customer support was a Survey on how they did. when I still can log in 17hours later
  • Strontium
    Strontium
    ✭✭✭
    They're so awesome that they told them not to do a reboot after the VR difficulty hotfix. Yeah, they rock. /s
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    my question is HOW did they fix your 301 error? tons of us people have been unable to play for hours and days. So im not impressed by any meens for customer service, my replys from customer support was a Survey on how they did. when I still can log in 17hours later

Servers are coming down in 5 hours to fix it mate. Says as the announcement :)

I refuse to be a sheep and follow the rest to slaughter without a fight. That makes you perturbed but it's ok you can choose to ignore my responses or deal with it.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't make you god of peoples thughts, why are you on the forums if you don't like the game? Go play candy crush.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So people that enjoy the game are sheep. Its a game how about you take that same energy and try to fight something that actually matters.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on 26 May 2014 00:50
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

So people that enjoy the game are sheep. Its a game how about you take that same energy and try to fight something that actually matters.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]

Can I marry your brain? Lol
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on 26 May 2014 01:59
  • mfischer303b14_ESO
    5hours from now does not excuse the Fact that many people have not been able to log in to game since Thurs due to the 301 error, and more and more people are getting the same error.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the crashes, lag, roll back bug and seeing my old friend "unknown error" since the big patch .... can't say i'm all that impressed myself.

Unlike some folks I won't hurl abuse at people that are enjoying themselves.

Besides my disappointment I do want ZOS to sort things out and I certainly don't want the game to flop.

• glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    After the crashes, lag, roll back bug and seeing my old friend "unknown error" since the big patch .... can't say i'm all that impressed myself.

Unlike some folks I won't hurl abuse at people that are enjoying themselves.

Besides my disappointment I do want ZOS to sort things out and I certainly don't want the game to flop.

See that's the view that more people should take. I feel like it was annoying for a short period of time and thats why im impressed but I can understand taking it the other way ad they shouldnt of happened in the first place.
    5hours from now does not excuse the Fact that many people have not been able to log in to game since Thurs due to the 301 error, and more and more people are getting the same error.

I am one of the people that hasn't been able to log on but I disabled my addons and it let me in :) I just think they need to allow more people in the PTS to test these things.
  • Purple_Prophet

Now fix it.

I am a uni student with no income and I afford it just by doing the dishes, its 50c a day.

It's hard for people to understand this. Most of the player base seems to not have any income per month which is sad considering that anyone 18+ should have a job of some kind.
    And the world comes to a close once again...
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭

Now fix it.

It's hard for people to understand this. Most of the player base seems to not have any income per month which is sad considering that anyone 18+ should have a job of some kind.

I am self-employed (small business owner), that said, where I live the unemployment rate, counting those who have given up due to lack of available jobs, is in the 16-18% range. So yeah, "should have a job" and "can actually get one" may not be cooperating very well.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Now fix it.

Well im 18 but I have classes 9-5 everyday so I have no time for a job ^.^
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    I have the exact opposite reaction. They catered and worked on issues that were in game, but completely neglected to work on the issues that prevent some of us from even logging into the game. It's been 4 days since I was able to log in but I'm glad they fixed your broken *** quest and your inability to hit the esc key 100% of the time.