Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Devs have been doing an awesome job, restored my faith in this company

• glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asava wrote: »
    I have the exact opposite reaction. They catered and worked on issues that were in game, but completely neglected to work on the issues that prevent some of us from even logging into the game. It's been 4 days since I was able to log in but I'm glad they fixed your broken *** quest and your inability to hit the esc key 100% of the time.

I was in the same boat till day three mate, I could log on for the first day, but couldnt after that, error 301.
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    I got in long enough after the craglorn patch to run WS one time. We reformed, went to zone in and here I am in the same place since Thursday afternoon. Timeout, 301, timeout, 301.....
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got in long enough after the craglorn patch to run WS one time. We reformed, went to zone in and here I am in the same place since Thursday afternoon. Timeout, 301, timeout, 301.....

They will compensate mate, probably free game again :) Im just glad they are fixing it.
  • harleysub17_ESO
    When I got 301, I thought that this may be the end of ESO for me. DDO had a bug such as this previously that took them over a month to fix and now ZOS comes out with a new patch that has three major game breaking bugs that weren't picked up in PTS. Within 2 days, the vet content and the loading screens were fixed and on the fourth day the log in will be fixed. That is an amazing response time from my experience, no issue is ever fixed on the day it appears. If they hotfix nightblades they have my sub and this will officially become my new MMO.

Thank you for the hard work and keep up the good work :D

Quit drinking the cool-aid. The VR zones have not been fixed, and good ole 301 is still alive and kickin (reason why I'm posting here and not playing).

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enkshar wrote: »
    now ZOS comes out with a new patch that has three major game breaking bugs that weren't picked up in PTS

May be im a bit pessimistic this last days but, that is not acceptable, even thougth responce was "quick" that should never got live specially since loading time have been an issue since launch. All this bugs and nerf say one thing "rushed deploy of a patch that wasnt tested enough"

Sad but true

I had the loading screen issue at launch but it was caused by addons not by the server, that was a result of 1.1.2. I do feel your pain but maybe PTS should be open to everyone so these bugs don't get through?
    TheBull wrote: »
    Same OP. I was getting concerned with their ability to get "balance" for lack of a better term. This patch was amazing in that respect.

There are no more stupidly OP abilities.

Yeah the balance is definitely an ongoing thing with them and it is really good to see.

Theyre not getting through because its being overlooked by PTS Players. Its being overlooked because idiots in the big chair making all the decisions are pushing it out the door. All the while knowing theres something wrong. Their logic is that the majority of the content their pushing isn't broken and will simply add what is still/or now broken to the list of things to be fixed. The alternative is not to release anything which looks bad for them with the investors and future subs.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭

They will compensate mate, probably free game again :) Im just glad they are fixing it.

Free game time doesn't compensate for holiday weekends with a cleared schedule. Also, there's ZERO guarantee that rebooting the server with fix our account issue.
    Edited by Asava on 26 May 2014 01:13
  • harleysub17_ESO

Free game time doesn't compensate for holiday weekends with a cleared schedule. Also, there's ZERO guarantee that rebooting the server with fix our account issue.

Agreed. For some, money can be an issue, but for myself as well as many others, the money is negligible, it's the time that is precious and irreplaceable.

• kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate there hard work so I can chill after mine
  • grizzbi
    grizzbi
    ✭✭✭
    I think that this game is getting better. Bugs occur but are corrected one by one. Communication is better. And there are many little improvements here and there.

They listen to us but they keep their vision. I couldn't tell why but the combat pace seems better after this patch. I've noticed many little stealth fixes..and I can understand why they don't want to make a public announcement for each of them ;).

Most of the time when I'm discontent with a part of the game, I discover later why it was done this way. I just think that they know what they are doing.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    grizzbi wrote: »
    I think that this game is getting better. Bugs occur but are corrected one by one. Communication is better. And there are many little improvements here and there.

They listen to us but they keep their vision. I couldn't tell why but the combat pace seems better after this patch. I've noticed many little stealth fixes..and I can understand why they don't want to make a public announcement for each of them ;).

Most of the time when I'm discontent with a part of the game, I discover later why it was done this way. I just think that they know what they are doing.

That pretty much sums up my viewpoint :)
  • Korozenn
    Korozenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed with the OP.

The turn-around times for the issues that have come up have been much faster now. Even the e-mail submission form for any qualms you have in-game to get into contact with a Customer Support Agent have been getting responses now relatively quick for me too. I would appreciate better play-testing next time around to ensure players have minimal issues when a patch this large in size is being released again. That said, ZeniMax has been resolving the issues players have taken with the patch very effectively. Even Recipes/Motifs can be found again! :smiley:

Things are always rough the first couple of months for an online multiplayer game, especially one as massive as this, so it's great to see how amazing ZeniMax has been handling this most recent patch and the issues that unexpectedly arose as a result of it.

By no means, did ZeniMax developers joke when they said the game would have 'large' content updates either. The Craglorn update is definitely one of the fastest (and best) large content updates I've ever seen come so early in an online multiplayer game's launch, and I hope future updates of similar size will continue adding such high-quality content to the experience while balancing or fixing issues in the game as well! :blush:
    Edited by Korozenn on 26 May 2014 01:26
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I got 301, I thought that this may be the end of ESO for me. DDO had a bug such as this previously that took them over a month to fix and now ZOS comes out with a new patch that has three major game breaking bugs that weren't picked up in PTS. Within 2 days, the vet content and the loading screens were fixed and on the fourth day the log in will be fixed. That is an amazing response time from my experience, no issue is ever fixed on the day it appears. If they hotfix nightblades they have my sub and this will officially become my new MMO.

Quit drinking the cool-aid. The VR zones have not been fixed, and good ole 301 is still alive and kickin (reason why I'm posting here and not playing).

Zones are fixed with patches of mobs not rolled over yet and if you actually read something, no one said it had been foxed yet. I said it has been fixed for me now but not everyone.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do feel your pain but maybe PTS should be open to everyone so these bugs don't get through?
    @glitchmaster999‌

Sadly, that would not have made any difference. 1.1.2 was never tested on the PTS server...
    :(
  • wolfe26ub17_ESO

Are you in a little ESO Bubble? only 3 major game breaking issues in this patch?
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Korozenn wrote: »
    Agreed with the OP.

The turn-around times for the issues that have come up have been much faster now. Even the e-mail submission form for any qualms you have in-game to get into contact with a Customer Support Agent have been getting responses now relatively quick for me too. I would appreciate better play-testing next time around to ensure players have minimal issues when a patch this large in size is being released again. That said, ZeniMax has been resolving the issues players have taken with the patch very effectively. Even Recipes/Motifs can be found again! :smiley:

Things are always rough the first couple of months for an online multiplayer game, especially one as massive as this, so it's great to see how amazing ZeniMax has been handling this most recent patch and the issues that unexpectedly arose as a result of it.

By no means, did ZeniMax developers joke when they said the game would have 'large' content updates either. The Craglorn update is definitely one of the fastest (and best) large content updates I've ever seen come so early in an online multiplayer game's launch, and I hope future updates of similar size will continue adding such high-quality content to the experience while balancing or fixing issues in the game as well! :blush:

Exactly, by no means are they perfect and by no way are there no mistakes but the time it takes them to resolve the issues is remarkable.
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    Laura wrote: »
    NiRN wrote: »
    People have to see the truth and accept it.... ESO is a mess and so are the people running the show/game/customer service.

Alot of MMO's are a mess but this is The Elder Scrolls not just a WOW clone etc. They had big shoes to fill and have failed.

how did I know you would be putting your input in on this. I know you are upset but do you have to go and spew your venom at everyone who has something positive to say?

I think we get it now. You are mad, you want the world to know.

These forums know - now tell the rest of the world.

I refuse to be a sheep and follow the rest to slaughter without a fight. That makes you perturbed but it's ok you can choose to ignore my responses or deal with it.

You refuse to be a sheep? No you just show how much of a moron you can truly act on these forums. Why waste your time if you do not play the game?. Is your life so empty that you have to spout rubbish on a forum?. My god your existence must be boring if you do this pal.
  • harleysub17_ESO

Zones are fixed with patches of mobs not rolled over yet and if you actually read something, no one said it had been foxed yet. I said it has been fixed for me now but not everyone.

I am certainly relieved that noone said that it has been foxed. That would be dreadful! B)

• Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to call it now. Zos will reboot the megaservers but forget to do the same to the log in servers. So it won't fix our issues.
  • harleysub17_ESO

I've been going over and over this.......OP....where is it that you said that they fixed it for you? I can't see that in there. Hate to be blunt....but it looks like you made a definitive statement which is false.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

I've been going over and over this.......OP....where is it that you said that they fixed it for you? I can't see that in there. Hate to be blunt....but it looks like you made a definitive statement which is false.

I said that I disabled addons and now I can log in, I couldnt but now I can.
  • Wintersage
    Wintersage
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta give my thanks to all the employees over at ZOS who are sacrificing their holiday weekend to get things done.

I mean, sure. I've had my share of issues and bugs going on, and I'm not sure if we're out of the proverbial woods yet with regards to the longevity of the game and player retention...

...but I do know that working Memorial Day sucks. So you have my thanks for your hard work this weekend.
  • harleysub17_ESO
    [/quote]I said that I disabled addons and now I can log in, I could'nt but now I can.[/quote]

No. You said that they fixed VR areas, which, from personal experience, they did not. I'm also not buying the official post which attributed this to mobs that haven't been reset yet as mobs I've killed respawned just as bad-ass after the patch, even having been killed once.

However, I will try your method of disabling all add-ons to see if I can log in. If that works, I'll say a prayer to the 9 (I know, this time frame, its only 8....but heck....once you've gotten used to 9...hard to let go....sorta like scientist trying to take Pluto away as our 9th planet......) that your questing goes without hitch, you get great drops and kill all bosses that are in your way!

• mfischer303b14_ESO
    Working mday is no different than any other day, ESO provides a service just like Walmart, dont matter if its a holiday or not, we pay for a service that hundreds of if not thousands of people have not been able to play since thurs. This post on giving Kudos to the devs. I would wish my 301 error on that person but im not that bitter of a person, ESO deserves no Kudos, they have so many horrible things happening the list is too long to list. If anything they deserve no days off until they can provide the service they promised us for our hard earned money.
  • harleysub17_ESO
    worked...prayers sent. will post in general for others that may benefit
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    Zos is starting to remind me of Gearbox with it's "screw the customers and laugh while on the way to the bank" attitude that GB had after the released Aliens:Colonial Marines. That one went to class action lawsuit over it.
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭
    worked...prayers sent. will post in general for others that may benefit

Lol, I probably should of thought of doing that.

Zos is starting to remind me of Gearbox with it's "screw the customers and laugh while on the way to the bank" attitude that GB had after the released Aliens:Colonial Marines. That one went to class action lawsuit over it.

I don't see how it is getting like that though, they are working hard to get things fixed.
  • Purple_Prophet
    shiva7663 wrote: »
    Their recent willingness to push out hotfixes for critical issues is encouraging.

Well I should hope so. They are charging an arm and a leg for this game.

If they have 35,000 subscribers that's over half a million a month.

Now fix it.

I am a uni student with no income and I afford it just by doing the dishes, its 50c a day.

It's hard for people to understand this. Most of the player base seems to not have any income per month which is sad considering that anyone 18+ should have a job of some kind.

Well im 18 but I have classes 9-5 everyday so I have no time for a job ^.^

Well, I'm 20 and work full time plus go full time at school as well. No excuse.
    Edited by Purple_Prophet on 26 May 2014 02:48
    And the world comes to a close once again...
  • Purple_Prophet
    HandofBane wrote: »
    Their recent willingness to push out hotfixes for critical issues is encouraging.

Now fix it.

I am a uni student with no income and I afford it just by doing the dishes, its 50c a day.

It's hard for people to understand this. Most of the player base seems to not have any income per month which is sad considering that anyone 18+ should have a job of some kind.

I am self-employed (small business owner), that said, where I live the unemployment rate, counting those who have given up due to lack of available jobs, is in the 16-18% range. So yeah, "should have a job" and "can actually get one" may not be cooperating very well.

That may be true but regardless, it is still 50 cent a day which is no big deal at all. This game isn't any more expensive then other P2P MMO's out there.
    And the world comes to a close once again...
  • glitchmaster999
    glitchmaster999
    ✭✭✭✭

Now fix it.

Well im 18 but I have classes 9-5 everyday so I have no time for a job ^.^

Well, I'm 20 and work full time plus go full time at school as well. No excuse.

I don't have that option lol, I have to be full time student to get my course done in 4 years so I can start my next course before it closes.
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    Yes, we are now getting the communication we should of got from the start. Any skill that is changed should be listed in the patch, not wait until hundreds of players complain (biting jabs internal clock changed from 0.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds)

Any zone change should also be listed (all V1-V10 mob increased in HP and damage then rolled back)

Personally I think the only reason we are getting communication now was due to the high number of unsubs they saw. Maybe they had no plans to roll back any of the changes until they saw the unsub numbers. Those number are the only things that makes them look and take any notice of the players.

The hotfixes 'feel' more like a panic reaction to the unsub numbers then any desire for the players.

What unsub numbers.?

Are you a CPA for Zos?