Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are you happy with the current state of the game?

• Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    I voted no because of the constant nerfs to Provisioning, dungeon and boss mobs. These things really irritate me. I don't feel any incentive to hunt bosses, or go into dungeons other than the skyshard.

I don't feel rewarded for gameplay, and whenever I say that some troll accuses me of wanting instant gratification and then they rage. Don't make the game more grind oriented.

I also don't like the idea of being forced into 12 man groups to have a maximum experience because they usually require third party software like mumble or teamspeak and I hate using those programs. I know what to do, and don't want to pollute my living room's audio spectrum with it.

Overall, legitimate players who failed to exploit bosses and motif farming will continue to be punished with lessened drops and longer sticks with fewer carrots while exploiters are having the time of their lives.

Within; Without.
  • kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    No, VR1-10 content definitely needs it's own personal area(s).
  • Nuksuu
    Nuksuu
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I am happy. My main is a NB WW so some people may find my answer curious given the broken passives on NB and the very broken state of WW.

However, I become immersed in this incredible game and just get joy from riding around going on quests, harvesting mats for my next great creation, laughing at the lunacy of zone chat, going on dungeon runs with strangers and being told that I did a good job, finding a special spot in the middle of nowhere with a mat, pillows and hookah for a rest, beat the living cr@p out of things when I am feeling murderous and a sense of optimism about the future content of the game which can't be dampened by any degree of negativity from others.

Yes it could be better but considering I started playing line graphics games on the C64 in 1985 and have been playing MMOs since 2002....I am grateful for an immersive escape and have seen what truly terrible games really are comprised of.

Early days in an already impressive game and as someone who is not part of the 'gotta have it NOW' generation, I can take my time and wait for the improvements to my gaming experience.
    @Nuksuu - Werewolf Rights Advocate
    • Ursi Yarsbruk - Nord Night Blade (Rank 10 Berserker Werewolf)
    • Ingrid Tralvheim - Nord Templar (Rank 10 Berserker Werewolf)
    "There is endless humour in seeing a guy in dress, waving a piece of wood around, skip through the daisies leaving an endless trail of corpses whilst I, encased in protective steel from head to toe, sheltering behind a shield with a pointy metal weapon am beaten into oblivion by three enemies."
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    lasma799 wrote: »
    There are a number of things that need some serious fixing.

2) DK's are so strong at the moment and can do so many things better than a majority of classes that it almost seems ridiculous to do play anything other than a DK. I do love your game. Some of the stories are captivating, but it sometimes feels like the developers have not played their game or are Dragon Knightcentric that it's ruining why I bought the game in the first place. It's starting to feel one dimensional with one class being vastly superior to everything else.

I thought the consensus was that sorcerers are overpowered or maybe it's just the destruction/light armor combo people are talking about.

When I've played as a dragon knight I didn't think they were all that overpowered, but maybe you're talking about PvP, which I haven't gotten to yet.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Cogo wrote: »
    Every day I get at least 3 - 4 mails from gold sellers and chat is riddled with this rubbish, so basically, the game including the forums have been completely taken over by this outragious behaviour and I refuse to pay for this game till this is fixed and sorted. I spend every day reporting it and it comes from the same site with the same copy and paste text and nothing seems to be done about it. Im not normally so dramatic with unsubbing but seriously guys its getting out of hand now, at least on the app store I can pay to remove the ads. :'(

Didnt you write a note about unsub a month ago? Or did I get you mixed with someone else?

You are wrong about the bots. Every MMO has them. And the best weapon..is you.

We've tried. I mean, not everyone, but players have tried. I dutifully reported the spam I got. I reported the bots I could... and there wasn't much I could do about the ones I couldn't actually report, because they were teleporting or flying, or subterranean.

You know what the upshot's been? I logged in to see twenty messages from spammers advertising their crap. Twenty, in my inbox.

Now, I've seen bots, and I've seen goldsellers before, but I've never seen this many in one game. And, I've never seen a company so unwilling to do anything about them.

When there are mobs of 40 bots, or huge trains zooming through the world; you know what the GMs tell us?

How to report each one individually.
    Edited by starkerealm on 22 May 2014 21:25
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    could be better
    Voted for could be better.

The repetitive nature of quests can be a real drag. You have alts in different zones only to realize the quest you're currently completing in pretty much identical to one done in another alliance.

Having to drag all alts through the same personal story in aid of advancement to veteran levels is tedious. In fact, why should the personal story have any influence on players being able to level through to veteran ranks. Make the personal story a separate entity.

Gold spamming emails are becoming more annoying on a daily basis.

Bots are annoying and now they are leveling & entering into all zones (outside of vet content)
    Had only played one mmo (gw2) prior to elder scrolls online; never encountered gold sellers. The only place I encountered a few bots was in world vs world and they were a rarity.

The poor design of the group tool

The crafting is enough to drive you mad. One of my alts is level 5 vet & I have yet to find enough recipes to get me past level 10 provisioning. Only ever found one blue recipe in game so far. Finding ingredients for some recipes seems to be an impossibility.

Please bring in an auction house.

PvP - all I can say is what a hideous mess.

Want to see this game succeed, although the longer my subscription runs the more doubts I have (the feeling of impending doom?).
    Edited by phairdon on 22 May 2014 22:01
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    Ask me again in 73 days.

#ThreeMonthRule
    Gwarok wrote: »
    When I decide to get involved in a game I have always gone by a "personal rule" to give it at least 3 months. (Not including any kind of a "first (30 days) free" thing). It lets the Devs (IMO) have time to get all their ducks in a row and work out the biggest of the baddest bugs that usually comes along with a launch.
    Edited by Gwarok on 22 May 2014 22:07
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

• drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    unsubed
    I play an MMO for group content. Until character progression is viable for running dungeons, and more viable for PvP'ing, I'll go play something else.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    After this patch with armor color changes, absolutely NO.
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    no
    No, not really.

I enjoy the atmosphere and music but the game is just a lot of quests. The small stuff is what keeps people interested.

The classes are not a great deal of fun. They might be if you could actually afford to try other builds. If a build somehow manages to be fun in PvE, it needs a nerf apparently.

PvP has a neat concept, but sort of failed by becoming a running simulator and there are no other avenues of PvP. If I could change it, I would add multiple battlegrounds with RvR like DAoC and added open world pvp servers.

In short, it almost seems like any feature that might be perceived as fun somehow gets changed to make it a pain in the ass in some way.
  • LordNoah1234
    LordNoah1234
    Soul Shriven
    yes
    I am. ESO FTW!
  • bean19
    bean19
    ✭✭✭
    no
    Bebinn wrote: »
    ~Really hoping for a crafting bank slot (these crafting items take up so much space) in GW2 there is a section in the bank where all the crafting items go without having to take room of the bank. You can also send the items from your bag to your bank so you dont run out of room so easily.

@Bebinn - Yeah. Loved that. :smiley:
  • DarkWombat
    DarkWombat
    ✭✭✭✭
    unsubed
    These poll results make me sick.
    42% actually said the game could not be better. 42% basically said this game is perfect. That is scary. Where have the standards gone?