Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are you happy with the current state of the game?

• doggie
    doggie
    ✭✭✭
    unsubed
    I guess it's a possibility that Zenimax has given up on the current population and focus everything on relaunching the game in the fall with the xbox/ps4 release. There's no advertisement going on as I've noticed which is weird for a new game. Even TSW has more advertisement and Funcom is bad at advertising in the first place. (Paid adds that is, creating free hype on the other side).
  • AngersRevenge
    AngersRevenge
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    fix the bugs and balance the classes and all will be fine.
    A true warrior never reveals his heart. Until the axe rips it from his chest.
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    no
    I really loved this game when I played it in beta, even after release I thought it was great. I overlooked all the issues with the quests, moved past all the duping, and even tried to ignore all the vr10s in a day due to the pvp exploit...
    I still like the story lines in the quests, and think there is a lot of great potential...

but I cannot get over the nerf to the loot boxes, inability to find the purple tier3 sweet roll recipe, or the fact that the economy is utter and complete garbage to the point where no one buys crap nor sells what I need.

in the end, the game is turning into a piece of garbage and not because of the gold sellers or even the bugs, but the knee jerk reactions to nerf everything...

• Greiger
    Greiger
    no
    I have also unsubed, but I am still trying to play til the end of the month hoping for the light at the end of the path. Unfortunately that seems to be getting farther away instead of closer.

The PvE is doing better than at launch, but still shows issues. PvP was what ultimately convinced me to buy, but that is so hilariously unbalanced that I'm convinced the closed beta tests were the only balance testing that was done. It was fine when everybody had a few days and didn't have time to figure out the meta. But now it's all shield bashes and snares or GTFO.

I don't even play a werewolf and their state is downright disgraceful. Major skills in different lines do nothing, nightblade passives can't even recognize skills from their own tree properly. Fishing needs to be removed or improved, because now all it does is take up inventory with useless bait items to punish you for using the autoloot or loot all features.

The guild store is completely half assed, seeming like it was built with the intention for addon makers to build the functionality the devs couldn't be assed to. Yet those same addons that are needed to flesh out the game's subpar UI add instability and crashes.

Dungeons in the world are overpopulated with players making them trivial and boring, while at the same time major quest lines won't even let you party in them.

I still see the potential for a good game far down the road. But no I am not currently satisfied with the state of the game.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Love it. Have had a couple of quest bugs, but no real problems.
  • Sacklunch
    Sacklunch
    ✭✭
    no
    I voted no for many reasons, but mostly because of the excuse that I see EVERYWHERE that since all MMO's are bugged at launch it is ok that this one is. I view it on purely on a consumer basis that if a product does not function as intended that product should not be on the market.

It is my opinion that Zenimax new very well they where releasing a super bugged out and glitched up game. When there are core aspects that do not work in game such as NPC interactions, quest item selection, character skills, passive skills, and combat animation there is no way management is unaware of this.

Personally I think that if we as the consumer do not demand a better product at release it will only get worse over time(if it hasn't been doing so already). Pretty soon we will see the release of games where you are going to have to write the coding your self for character actions if you want to do anything in game. Which this game already does to an extent with the addons for simple in game information like damage, and others like bank\inventory sorting.
  • chriss23
    chriss23
    ✭✭
    This is the first MMO I have played and because I've played nearly all the other ES games I thought it would be fun to give it a go. I therefore have nothing to compare it to and so far I have generally been impressed by the game.
    A few comments though: I thought I'd give Cyrodil a go having reached level 15 but quickly realised nearly everyone else there is way above me and whenever I was spotted by an enemy player I was quickly zapped which brings me on to my second comment, whenever there is a lot of action going on in Cyrodil I find the lag makes me unable to do very much so even if I was able to fight (and I've tried) it's been frustratingly slow and I can hardly move.
    The crafting system took me ages to get used to and I seem to be making very slow progress and find that I keep having to pop back to areas I've already explored thoroughly and completed to find mats I can use. Enchanting's the same (and potency runes seem to be few and far between)
    On the plus side the scenery is fabulous, quests are varied and the group dungeons are very enjoyable. I've found the single player dungeons generally difficult and can only complete them at higher levels than they are designated. The game feels very like the other ES games but it would be nice to have factions like the Stormcloaks and Companions which I loved in Skyrim. :)
  • Sariias
    Sariias
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    I plan to stick around for a while and see what Venimax brings to the table. Despite bugs and bots I've had a lot of fun.
    Edited by Sariias on 20 May 2014 17:40
  • Pairaka
    Pairaka
    no
    Voted no, but currently I am unsubbed. I still have a few days left to play and am hoping I'll feel differently when I finally get that message saying I can't log in any more. But there are things that really, really bug me about the game that really detracts from my enjoyment.

- Already mentioned numerous times: Bots, gold seller spam in my inbox both in game and my email box.

- The VR content. This is crap. Feels like they decided they wanted/needed "extra levels" and instead of making new stuff. It's really disconcerting to have chosen one of the three "bad guys" in Coldharbour to help with the fight only to find he's still alive and kicking and I'm going to have to face him like nothing happened. I know there's a spurious reason behind this, but it's lame and crap and I don't like it.

- Others have pointed out that light armor/staff is the best choice right now and that's not how I imagined playing my Templar. I've switched (respeccing twice, btw) my playstyle around a couple of times simply to be able to progress. Quite frankly, I'm surprised I was even able to take her into VR content as I had a lot of difficulty with the boss fights (bugged bosses, companions that stand around braiding her hair *coughLyriscough*, etc).

- Guild stores. Gee, you'd think that if they wanted the stores to serve as the game's AH, then you'd think they'd put a little more effort into designing them. The search interface is clunky and horrid. Not being able to sort items alphabetically? That's just ridiculous. Plus they just don't work. I'm aware there are addons and I use them, but still, it's incredibly clunky and horrid to use.

- Storage is WAY too expensive.

- Crafting research is a joke. There's no reason research should take so much time. What? It only takes a certain amount of time to research your first trait, but then once start to research more traits, you loose your mojo and it takes twice as long? Poor design. And to have to learn a trait for EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF GEAR is utter crap.

- Questing. I like questing. I like the varied quests they have in this game (although I see repeats of different types of quests pop up in the different zones, even within the same faction). But there seems to be an outrageous amount of quests to do! Everyplace I go, I see someone wanting/begging for help.

There's probably more but I'm done.
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    @Sariias‌ I agree with you completely, optimism makes this game a lot more fun :)
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    'Could be better' and 'will be better'.

Much progress has been made toward resolving major issues and will continue. The game is good, not great, but will improve consistently over time.

Overall, though, I'm mostly pleased with what ZOS has offered.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    I was torn between "yes" and "could be better". I ended up picking yes because I'm happy with the current state of the game based on how recently it was launched. There are plenty of things to improve, but I'd expect that to be the case with a newly launched game.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    Could be better. I can live with launch bugs and stuff, but going on two months now and you still have passives and skills that don't even work? That's just almost unacceptable...they should have been churning out hotfixes repeatedly to get all of this stuff in order.
  • Elirienne
    Elirienne
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Yep. It entertains me for hours on end. What's not to like?
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    Dev wrote: »
    I really loved this game when I played it in beta, even after release I thought it was great.

I find that odd, in beta it was horrible due to the flaws that they mended before release. I'd figure you like it better after.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better

A lot of work needs to be done.... my order of priority....

1) Bots, cheats, and exploiters. Needs to be fixed now.
    2) AvA (PvP) needs a drastic overhaul. At this point AvA is pretty much meaningless.
    3) Better commerce system. The guild houses just aren't cutting it. I am not really for or against a global AH however it's hard for an AH to ruin an economy if there is no economy.
    4) Tighten up the combat system. It's too clunky and may times abilities don't work.
    5) Cryodill load screen - getting better but the problem still exists.
    6) Don't raise the LVL cap until the majority of the player base is at max level. Otherwise the majority of the player base will be frustrated with constantly climbing a ladder and never being able to enjoying at lest some time at the top (and do other things; craft, alts, etc).
    7) Improve the interface - this is after all the PC version of the game.

• Thrawniel
    Thrawniel
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    Could be better. There are many issues that make want to leave when I finish with the story. And I do not mean bugs and bots. Those are frustrating, of course, but will be fixed eventually, so I do not care much. I mean weird design decisions that make the game not fun to play.

1. Being unable to group for some quests is unacceptable for MMO. Why not allow to guest in solo stories, like in SWTOR? So NPCs and story itself do not acknowledge presence of other people, but they can stay and help with mobs when needed. I had little problems with it, but what the point to play with friends when in many cases you are not allowed to play with friends?

And do not give me 'you are the only one Vestige' reason. In all other quests you are the only one Vestige as well, but nothing prevents dozen of people to be in the same place doing the same thing. Mark group members as mercenaries that Vestige hired to help with the quest and let people in. It is an MMO, it should never ever prohibit grouping. Otherwise, what's the point?

2. Phasing issues. Phases are good for the overall feel of the game, but prevent group play in many cases. So if you do not play with your friend from the day one, you cannot play together anymore. If you played since launch, you cannot play with a friend who just joined the game. Again, guys, do you even MMO? I mean, it's basic feature. You play MMOs to play with your friends! Nothing should prevent it!

'Travel to player' feature should put you in the same instance as said player, even if it means going back in time for you. Mentoring system could fix it easily as well.

3. Blocking veteran zones by quests, which makes exploration extremely linear there. Why lvl 3 character can travel on foot all around native faction and even use 'travel to player' feature get into to Coldharbour (lvl 47-50 zone), but VR1 cannot go to VR10 zone?

I'm ok with mobs that can kill me with a sneeze, I'm ok with quests not being available till I unlock them properly with quest chain, but I'm not ok with limited exploration. It just boring and this limitation feels extremely artificial. And I do not care how short the quest chain is to unlock next zone - exploration should never be limited by artificial means. I can understand separating VR zones from leveling zones due to main story reason(even if it is silly, since you can always slip through borders even in times of war, but whatever), but after you finish main quest line nothing should prevent you from going straight to VR10 zone if you wish so.

Leveling 1-50 is just 1/3 of the overall game. Which means that for 2/3 of the game you are limited to linear progression blocked by quests and prohibited to explore. In TES game. Guys, did you ever play TES games before? Whoever came up with this idea and whoever approved it should feel ashamed.
    Edited by Thrawniel on 20 May 2014 19:11
  • smashasaurus
    unsubed
    I unsubbed a few days ago, too many issues that are taking forever to be fixed and the game overall seems like a rushed job. I had so many issues with bugged quests, mobs and drops that it wasn't even fun i'm talking really bad bugs, at one point I had to fight invisible mobs that were two shotting my character without warning.

Not to mention that veteran levels suck bad, the fact that they so heavily influence pvp is frustrating. Some people may be fine with it but personally I don't want to grind hundreds upon hundreds of quest and dungeons that I don't really care about just to be viable and not get stomped in endgame pvp by v10's.

That fact that they intend to raise the vr cap further is even more frustrating, as it means that once I reach the old cap id have to grind even more quests I don't care about. This overall means nothing as there will be plenty of people who do love questing and the grind but personally i'm moving on to hopefully better things.
    Edited by smashasaurus on 20 May 2014 19:29
  • Dorgon
    Dorgon
    yes
    Every game could be better. That said I enjoy the game and see myself playing for a long time.
    Jekhar Mokhan - Altmer Sorcerer of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Tamriel Fisherman's Guild
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JekharM/videos
  • FrauPerchta
    FrauPerchta
    ✭✭✭
    no
    Bots

Gold Spammers in chat and mail

Can't fight bug

No separate bank account for each character. (whom ever thought up the one for all and all for one banking scheme should be fired and never allowed to work on another game)

No auction house

Several more but those are the most annoying to me. Will play for a few months to see if things improve
  • Aoifesan
    Aoifesan
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I'm currently unhappy with the state of the game. Part of it due to the bots and gold sellers, but my main issue is the fact I don't have some of the basic mmo mechanics working. For weeks now I have been unable to:

-Send mail
    -Type in group chat (I can see people post but they can't see mine)
    -Whisper other players (same issue as above)
    -Have access to guild bank or even see the option to click Guild Bank

I have sent a ticket and sent a 2nd reminder a few weeks later and it's being looked into but I feel it's becoming a waste to pay for and diminishing my need to want to play the game. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and even installed the game on another computer and the issues were still there. Even the game repair didn't report any problems, so I'm disappointed on how things are going right now.

I had some chat issues too. However typing the full channel name fixed them for me. I could not do /Z but I can chat if I do /zone

For guild I cannot chat if I do /g1 but I can if I type /guild1

• bean19
    bean19
    ✭✭✭
    no
    I really love ESO and have been playing it as much as WoW when it launched or has a new expansion that gets me excited. That's saying a lot. It's a great game. Still, I answered "no" because I have a few issues. They aren't issues that are going to make me unsub now, but they'll probably be why I unsub in a few months (unless they are fixed):

1. Dungeons give terrible xp. You can't use dungeons for character progression and that bites because I like playing alts. The result is that the only ways to progress are joining a PvP zerg that can quickly take castles without any chance of being stopped (otherwise the xp rate is awful), grinding mobs, or solo-questing. There aren't battlegrounds (instanced even-teams PvP) either and I don't like open-world RvR because joining zergs or getting crushed by them doesn't seem like an achievement to me (more power to you guys who like it. . . I understand there is work in organizing your guild to play together in order to have massive numbers, but it just doesn't appeal to me personally). So I'd like there to be more ways to progress my character. Fixing dungeons so they can be used for character progression and adding instanced even-team PvP that rewards xp would go a long way toward making the game more fun to me - especially in the long run. Right now I still don't have a VR10 character, so solo-questing still has my attention.

2. Fixing bugs - They are doing a good job of this and I hope they keep up this pace as it will allow them to keep up with bugs for NEW content if they get the main-game mostly bug-free. In particular, some of the veteran boss mobs (not most, but a tiny handful) have been ridiculously hard, so I know that I'm going to be asked to help every member of my guild beat them as normal players will be gated by them. Most bugs can be beat by logging in and out, but ridiculously over-tuned veteran boss mobs that hit like a truck and are immune to CC like group dungeon bosses are going to cost me a ton of time and effort if they aren't fixed.

3. Guild Store Interface - I know this is planned. My hope is that they'll add a server-wide commodities dealer too. I get that the reason we have guild stores is that with a megaserver, there will be so many crafters that the cost of excellent gear would adjust to that market to be only as expensive as the materials used on them, but right now we have a ton of people crafting because they don't want to have to interface with people for crafted gear. It would be lovely if they could earn money selling mats to a commodity broker and crafters could buy mats from the same broker and then sell their CRAFTED gear on guild stores to the players who sold their materials. That would go a long way to making the economy flow. . . but I'd also be happy with just a decent guild store interface.
  • Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    Considering I still play it every day, I do enjoy the game at its current state. It could be better, but that's the case with every MMO, regardless of that games ability to combat bots/cheaters.
    Edited by Psychotius on 20 May 2014 19:53
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
  • Voemel
    Voemel
    ✭✭
    no
    Voted No.

I really had a lot of hopes pinned on this game. But I can't even bother to log in at this point. And I haven't in a week or more. I lost count because I don't care.

I didn't have time to play because I spent so much time managing my storage space. It was always maxed out. Even using all 7 of my alts, it was tedious to manage. Load bank, log out, log in to alt, move items, repeat.
    Typically I would sell all of the extra stuff in an AH, but I can't in this game. It didn't feel right trying to sell things to my guildees to make a profit.

Then there are the bots. I would enter a dungeon and would have NO FUN at all. There were so many real people along with bots playing that it seemed dumb. Here is a dungeon with a crowd running around just killing everything in sight. The story no longer mattered at that point.
    Then you get to the boss and you see a pile of identical corpses laying there. You might get 1 hit in with the crowd on the next spawn and another body piles up.
    The layout and mechanics of each dungeon seem cookie cutter. The mobs change appearance, but nothing new about the experience.
    Not fun.

I know this may sound petty, but there should have been an armor dye system in place at launch. You end up looking just like everyone else. Give me the small things like this to keep me busy once I finally get a new piece to drop.

The one thing that I truly wanted to be great was the PVP. Its why I bought the game. I didn't want to have to do all the faction zones in order to be competitive in PVP. I want to level only using PVP. But instead I am not only forced through all my faction, but all 3 factions to get there.
    The entire PVP system is boring. Join a huge group and just AOE everything you come across. The shine wears off quickly.
    Many wont like this, but it needs some smaller scaled PVP. Teams of 5 or more doing objective based PVP would be nice for the leveling process. I think it would help prepare many for Cyrodil.

I could go on, but it has all been said before in other posts.

I understand that many Elder Scrolls fans just love this. I never played one until this game. Judging entirely on this game alone, without a TES history, I am completely bored with it. I see the potential. I really do. Its a beautiful game to look at, without a doubt. But I bought a game for $80 and feel I wasted my money. I should have waited until December and paid,what? $20, maybe?

I ended up going back to a game I had thought to be done with. It is just more fun.

I hope they can make changes that will interest me. But the changes may take 6 months or more to implement. I really wish I could get a refund. I even bought a sub, but I am going to call and try to "suspend" my subscription for a several months. Maybe they will. Hopefully it wont be so boring once I return.

• Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need "E" all of the above. Game has made me very bipolar.
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Enjoying the game a lot. Granted, not a PVP addict or a VR grinder (yet), but PVE has treated me quite good, with only minor issues that I would already expect in a game this young.

Anyway, I have more expensive hobbies that I can get my knickers in a twist over if they don't live up to my expectations.
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    no
    Xilc wrote: »
    Dev wrote: »
    I really loved this game when I played it in beta, even after release I thought it was great.

I find that odd, in beta it was horrible due to the flaws that they mended before release. I'd figure you like it better after.

I expected the bugs, so that didn't bother me as much as it did others.

This was before all the gold seller crap when it was just players, as well as being able to get items from the cabinets/urns/ect. Didn't have the 'everyone is VR10 / Vampire /head to toe in legacy gear' but "you cant find enough 'red wheat' to keep your char fed" feeling.

the game may have been broken in more ways, but now its broken in all the bad ways.
  • Jankstar
    Jankstar
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I am happy with the state of the game, it could be better and of course zos should keep pushing the quality. After that first month of free access the playEr base really changed for the positive. I wish that more proactive action would be taken against gold buyers instead of the draconian timers they have used, but I only see the player side of the equation.
  • Xiola
    Xiola
    Soul Shriven
    could be better
    IMHO the devs tried so hard to be unique in the MMO genre that they overlooked some very tried and true mechanics, mostly having to do with creating a sense of community.

We need separate, dedicated channels for trade, lfg, and guild recruitment. Yes, I know that people will still abuse /zone, however, with policies in place (and most importantly enforced), players who do abuse the chat system can be penalized.

Gold Sellers. I mean, really, other games have systems in place that block gold sellers. These systems exist, use them.

Honestly, I thought I would be okay with Trade Guilds / Guild Stores. Due to the interface and time suck that is trying to trade/buy items using the current UI, the idea of faction specific AH's combined with centralized seller kiosks is starting to look really good.

Inventory management is a nightmare. There are days when I dread logging in because I know that I'm going to be spending shifting inventory from characters to bank back to other characters to bank. While I do like the idea of shared bank space, each character should also have the ability to purchase individual bank space.

Bots and gold sellers. If it were just a few, I could understand the seemingly lackadaisical approach ZOS has been using. However, to rely so much on the legit player base to follow, catch them, and report them, when there is such a flood of them, shouldn't you be paying us? Hire or reassign staff to have more in-game GM time, before you find yourselves unable to pay your staff at all.

These are my personal deal-breakers if they are not addressed in the near future.
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    People are spoiled by playing other games that have been out for years. Polishing a piece of jewelry and all the individual stones takes time.

The game is awesome beautiful, great to explore, team, quest and run around and have fun.

Dont look for perfection, ask if your having a good time. If not why are you still here?
    ** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **