Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are you happy with the current state of the game?

felixgamingx1
felixgamingx1
✭✭✭✭
Edited by felixgamingx1 on 20 May 2014 05:18

Are you happy with the current state of the game? 921 votes

yes
23%
ZOS_EdLynchKaynlormanyrabidratsKewljag_66_ESODaegonPhynZephericDarkbeerrhubbert_ESOMisterJimothyBKTHNDRMrausetiStrayedItsMeTooalanspurlock_ESOliquid_wolfAzaruljhmcclellan3_ESOwjjosh_ESOfrwinters_ESOsParkSnare 213 votes
no
27%
MablungStrythWintersagei3luemrld_ESOJaslilotharlocnar_ESOxentek_ESOpxtc_ESOvicviper0_ESOa3surdtheflyingfatima_ESOtilolyen_ESOSpyfox007_ESOscottd12003_ESOVoemelck37090jkbennettb14a_ESOGeeYouWhyMorolivrim21Advenchb14_ESO 252 votes
could be better
42%
Lywenkevjon74_ESOEQBallzzOpioidBenjaminKacher_ESOLareliRosemoonsugar66firekittenLauraGallegoGwarokkavatar01_ESOBolshNekOnOkOEJRose83link428KhoraxCzingerObscureKhastle 387 votes
unsubed
7%
halvee91_ESOPanghillbillyhal_ESOShillenEvanisFatalyisLawfulEvilhrugnerfalcon71DarkWombatVenitharj.frank.nicholsb14_ESOreidgersonb14_ESOSheldonsorenb14_ESOChettb16_ESOMarcieKer.Rakb16_ESOkarstenb16_ESO7kikusui00b16_ESOBackinparadise 69 votes
  • rustidascub18_ESO
    no
    Quiero servidor en europa ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! y mas contenido pve y pvp
  • Spyfox007_ESO
    no
    I'm currently unhappy with the state of the game. Part of it due to the bots and gold sellers, but my main issue is the fact I don't have some of the basic mmo mechanics working. For weeks now I have been unable to:

-Send mail
    -Type in group chat (I can see people post but they can't see mine)
    -Whisper other players (same issue as above)
    -Have access to guild bank or even see the option to click Guild Bank

I have sent a ticket and sent a 2nd reminder a few weeks later and it's being looked into but I feel it's becoming a waste to pay for and diminishing my need to want to play the game. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the game and even installed the game on another computer and the issues were still there. Even the game repair didn't report any problems, so I'm disappointed on how things are going right now.
  • JungleBoot
    JungleBoot
    ✭✭✭
    no
    If you're honest, no. There are many improvements to be made. There are also too many bots operating and not enough resources. I'm tired of having resources disappear just as I am about to harvest. It's ridiculous.
    Platform: PS4
    CP 405
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    I voted 'could be better'
    They'd have gotten a yes if the whole bot/spam/gold seller business was sorted !
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    It could and it should be better.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    Love the game, but it needs work.
  • Rocksteady
    Rocksteady
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    Could be better(though it's fun and all), I'll give them a 6months to move forward at least somewhat on their interesting proposals. Then see how I feel... They've got a decent start, as long as they keep going in the right direction with it.
    "Their stupidity does not amaze me, its when they're smart that amazes me. It's baffling whenever you find someone who's smart — incredible. Soon you'll have zoos for such things." -Frank Zappa
  • RylukShouja
    RylukShouja
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    As far as mmo releases, this has been pretty good. Yes, there are bugs, and yes, there are a lot of things that need fixing (passives breaking on death, I'm looking at you), but overall I am happy with where the game is right now.

If the game were this buggy six months into it, I would have a different vote. But I realize that devs can't find and fix every bug before release. There just aren't enough people on any dev team, and players can be very...creative.
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    I'm a little disappointed. It doesn't have the glue to keep people playing. The game is frustrating overall and people like having fun in game not getting irritated. The unresponsiveness of combat is probably the worst offender.

I think that, given time, the game becomes more enjoyable - you get used to relogging, you get used to managing the inventory (becoming a lot less of a pain with more bags you have), you get used to gold seller spamming (be it via chat or e-mail), you build up a better character... but how many people have the patience to stay this long? Looking at my friend's guild, we're 8 people out of which two have stopped at level 7-8, three at level 20-ish, one is around level 40 and still active last I checked while my partner and I are VR3-4 and we only log in to feed the horse and do researches. And my partner still has an active sub because I gifted him a card.

I'm not saying we are the best representation, but people quit early on - it's a frustrating game. Maybe in time it will be better, but I doubt its chances to survive - and that in itself is sad, because I really wanted to play it with my friends.
  • Bhozz52
    Bhozz52
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    Yes, very happy with the game.
    Getting better all the time.
  • Sallakat
    Sallakat
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I play almost everyday, been doing so since 5 day early access. I have not had any major issues with functionality, and 98.7% of the time I'm not feeling irritated about anything at all so that's nice. So my answer leans on 'yes' very heavily atm.
    Rebuilt - Aldmeri Dominion

Kaia Linnea - templar
    Ruusu - sorcerer
    Aino - nightblade
  • wsvdyk
    wsvdyk
    no
    I foted no because I keep getting in game mails from spammers, can even talk in normal chat because the spammers (even with a addon)
  • Zeeed
    Zeeed
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    This game needs still allot of fixes and looking how that is going. It will kill sub base basically. In times where layers dont like to play beta releases well they move on :/
  • arnaldomoraleseb17_ESO
    no
    Too much lag in PvP EU server. Unplayable many times.
    Debon Templar VR14 Thorn Blade (EU)
    Gaunnes DK VR14 Haderus (EU)
  • Quel_Drathon
    could be better
    We have a fresh launched large scale MMO with a name/burden with tons of new ideas flowing here and there everyday. The answer is simple, the game must do better because MMOs must only get better and never stay stable in terms of content and fixes.
    "But let us spare the lives of a few, so that they may return to their homelands to tell their fellows the fate they met at the hands of the Daggerfall Covenant!"
  • Morvoldo
    Morvoldo
    ✭✭
    no
    tho the questing and most of the single player aspect is really enjoyable, for an MMO its a Big No! as no basic functions are working or as expected ie..

No Proper server wide Auction House
    No proper bank as space is way too small
    No Proper Bag as again space too small (to compensate with the account bank and all items you get/collect)
    No as some ability's don't work right or scale pvp/pve
    No all the damn bots, (even tho there trying the battle is not being won)
    No Chat and guilds dont work as they should, its too limited.

just a few of my pet hates for this game but in all i do enjoy this but if these things dont apear or get fixed i can see this going F2P as it seems to be following the Pattern of SWTOR and we all know how that turned out.
  • Jarvius
    Jarvius
    ✭✭
    no
    From a technical point of view - compared to other MMO releases - it was pretty okay. Some quests are bugged, can happen in the beginning.
    So why did I vote "no"?

Mainly because of three reasons:
    1. Bots and Zenimax inability to do anything against it (except changing stuff that actually affects the real player, i.e. dungeon bosses, motif drops, etc.)
    2. The time it takes to fix elementary bugs (NB passive abilities for example) or just simple small bugs that can be fixed within 5 minutes (achievements for Bangkorai quests which obviously just seems to be a typing mistake (43 instead of 53)).
    It is even more annoying that some bugs and exploits have been already reported early in Beta and are still there (like the Veteran dungeon leveling exploit).
    Other MMOs were doing small patches with bug fixes nearly on a daily basis in the beginning. Here barely nothing happens.
    3. Communication in the forums to me seems nearly non existent besides the typical 0815-answers
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    Could be a lot better, should have been a lot better. Released months too early, with some strange design decisions that left it wide open to botting. It's sadly already blown its chance of being a long term premium sub game.

I'm enjoying it still as i'm slowly levelling 2 characters through Daggerfall. But very dismayed to find VR is just doing the other faction stories. I knew we were going to quest there but not just doing their plots. I was planning on taking characters through those anyway.

This could be a game I play until something better comes along rather than the new long term one I hoped.

But let's see what Craglorn is like and what they can do to repair all the self-inflicted wounds.

Unfortunately you get one chance to make a good first impression. They blew the head off that one with a shotgun when they decided to go ahead with the release despite what happened in the stress tests.
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    yes
    Players mostly voted for 'could be better'. That's a first in the world of MMOs. :D
  • IronMaiden_burnout
    IronMaiden_burnout
    ✭✭✭
    unsubed
    The thousands of bots and hackers ruined it for me. Sad because i love the game!
    I will come back once there is a healthy cheat detection system.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    As someone said above, it could and should have been better.

I really detest the vet content. Not because it's a challenge but because I hate the AD areas, don't want to do them, and that's where my Daggerfall character was sent. I picked my faction for a reason, so I didn't have to do other areas. Don't like that part of the game.

Missing DB, Thieves, crime and housing .... things that are central to Elder Scrolls games .... and then announce Craglorn, something not important to Elder Scrolls games.

Constant nerfs to things like loot, boss drops, containers and XP annoy me far more than the bots do.

I don't regret buying it but I do wish i'd have waited another 6 months. This is going to be like SWTOR for me, a game I just pop back to every so often to see what's changed.
  • Ri_Dariit
    Ri_Dariit
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    this one has not found large bugs hindering Khajiit's gameplay. Perhaps this one has been blessed by Mara so far.
    Fusozay Var VarJaji kor nirni. Ri'Dariit ahnurr shir Gouranga an vasa rid-t'har.
  • Chomppa
    Chomppa
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    Could be better , Devs really need to come down on bots really hard .
    :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    could be better
    I want them to improve trade - I simply want player shops.

Deal with bots. They did very good fix with public dungeons, yet they need to kill bots who are running around and farm, farm and farm.

Crime system has to be implemented.

I can even imagine world PvP system and PK system with no problems. Bounty system.

We should be able to invade other alliace territory - I have something in mind, but phasing is making it impossible to work at the moment.

Once you reach vet 10, we should have a choice to create alt and make them vet10 in an instant (with skill points appropriete to it's level). More forced grinding won't keep people subbed. But if you let them to make a new character to try new things that will welcome it.

I could find evwn more stuff I would want.

But still I enjoy the game.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    I'm happy enough playing the game and they have done a great job fixing up issues since early access and release, however it does still need some more work.
    As long as they continue on the road they're on with patches and fixing issues I think it should be fine, although personally I would like to see more developer (not customers service or management, actual developer) interaction so we can explain to some of them the issues first hand.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • aroman2120eb17_ESO
    aroman2120eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    unsubed
    Unsubbed. Too many gameplay blocking bugs, unfinishable quests, bots, gold spammers, glitches. Feels like paying for an extended beta. I'll keep tabs on the forums/patch notices to see if there are substantial improvements, both in terms of bug fixes and the bot situation. Right now I do not envision returning before August.
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    Not too bad for a first time mmo launch. I'm going to stick with it and hopefully some of the minor bugs get ironed out. Interested to see what direction the game takes in the future though.
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    It could and it should be better.

My thoughts exactly.
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    Could be better:

PvP Balance is really bad
    Bot waves are bad
    Bugged Quests still not fixed
    Lag in Cyrodiil not fixed
    EU Server still stands in US after 2 month (lol)
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    no
    This game has a lot of problems.