Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Are you happy with the current state of the game?

• Allyah
    Allyah
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    This game has held my attention from beta until now when so many MMOs over the last few years have failed to. There is a lot of potential even with all the problems. That being said... much room for improvement. Hence, my answer.
  • jdandrews108b14_ESO
    no
    Not happy.

The Trial runs I watched looked every bit like a WoW raid: running through fire, clearing packs of enemies, then heres a boss, rinse repeat. Was very disappointing, and was hoping to see more challenging bosses which did not require a tank/healer/dps setup up every fight per say but rather fun mechanics like
    enemy management,
    environment usage (i.e. siege weapons in raids)
    physical puzzles (moving to colored tiles, etc.)
    Sadly every dungeon and Trial I watched so far is lackluster and already been done in many other games, only this time I swing my sword to the clicks.

There was also so much tossed to the wayside so that an almost proven to be failed story driven MMO could work. Rather than letting players play with a feeling of neutrality toward their faction, they are instead forced to complete actions to become named "Arrow of the King" or whatever for the faction war effort. It funnels me down the same path everyone else is taking in the game.
    Cutting off the game world to 2/3 the population is beyond me, but what's even worse is when a player wants to explore the other world zones, they are forced to do work for the ENEMY! Yeah that makes me want to pay attention to quests, the fact that they all are helping the enemy war effort.

I feel like they hugely dropped the ball on the Creative Design aspect of the game. They focused way too heavily on a story driven system, which in turn killed the "play your way" aspect they tried to mash with it.

And I didn't even get started on the many, many, many bugs and glitches that persisted throughout my beta testing.
    There are entire skill lines that do not function a month after launch (Alchemy).

I wish they would hurry and announce the remake, Elder Scroll Online: A Realm Reborn.
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    no
    Don't get me wrong. I enjoy it... but not long into it and i'm getting frustrated by the many limitations and bugs that are persisting.

I almost feel like I played a more sociable but less expansive or engaging TES game...

I realise more content is coming, but too quickly it feels like i've 'completed' the game.

MMOs shouldn't really ever reach a point where you feel like you've completed them. Not if they want to persist.

Hopefully Craglorn arrives and things change.
  • c1r3gamerb16_ESO
    could be better
    I'm getting tired of gold sellers sending me in-game mail and wish we could block them. Strangely enough I never had in-game mail from gold sellers in WoW or other games (apart from them spamming the general chat). So I'm wondering if they find it easier in ESO because of the way our account name is used within the game (something I am totally against).

Bots spoil the game experience when exploring or questing. It's hard enough trying to gather mats for crafting and its soul destroying running through areas that have obviously been cleaned out.

Bugs: Yes the game is still new but surely I shouldn't have to re-log two or three times a session to get an NPC or object to appear on my screen? Or you see a plant, ore or rune and as you hit E to take it - the item just fades away leaving you with nothing! I was wondering whether instances/zone cross over was happening i.e. a player in a parallel zone sees the same item as you?

Slow screen/zoning: It seems to be getting worse and sometimes I've sat on the loading screen going into a dungeon or similar for a minute or longer. All I can think is this is due to EU latency.

Overall the game is still enjoyable and graphics are awesome. They also have the movement characteristics of some of the NPCs and monsters spot on - especially the snakes in the sea battle :)
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    no
    I do not envision returning before August.

December.

That should give them enough time get their game design diplomas.
  • Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    I'm content with everything except the bots and gold spammers. I don't pvp and play pretty casually so the only thing that negatively impacts me is the invasive gold sellers/farmers.
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    Elf_Boy wrote: »
    People are spoiled by playing other games that have been out for years. Polishing a piece of jewelry and all the individual stones takes time.

The game is awesome beautiful, great to explore, team, quest and run around and have fun.

Dont look for perfection, ask if your having a good time. If not why are you still here?

Spoiled? Excuse us for wanting something we paid for. Idk about you but I paid for my copy.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    could be better
    This a fledgling MMO and by nature MMOs are ever evolving products. There are some wrinkles to work out, but overall I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. I'm not expecting perfection, but I'm not unhappy either. I'm looking forward to the future of this game though, and the changes that are going to be made as time progresses. Had this same question been asked of me when I began playing WoW at release in 2004 I probably would have said the same thing about that game in the first month of release, and I've stuck with that game for almost 10 years now (paying 2 subs, no big deal) and if ESO improves as drastically as WoW has over the past decade I'll be extremely happy.

I see a huge amount of potential, but there is also room for improvement. A little patience goes a long way :)
  • Lilth
    Lilth
    ✭✭✭
    yes
    I voted yes because overall I <3 the game and the immersion of the quests, characters, etc...Yes I agree it could be better in some aspects BUT it is still new and given time things will get fixed.

The bots and spam are really bad but I have yet to play an MMO where there isn't any gold spammers. WOW had bots all over the place for years and still do as far as I know. I played FF14 a realm reborn and literally all I saw on my chat screen was paragraphs of spam for weeks until they got that under control. I'd fill up my ignore list and couldn't even add more to it =x I don't like the spam and bot problems but eventually it will calm down and they will hopefully find a solution to it.

This is just a test........ if this was an actual sig, you would have been mildly amused..........

• SteelFaithU2
    SteelFaithU2
    Soul Shriven
    no
    Most aspects of this game have been a frustrating experience since release. There's always some kind of big or small bug breaking immersion.

Since I got to veteran levels, bots haven't been a problem, but they used to really ruin the game for me before that. I just better not ever see them again, they ruined most of my enjoyment from levels 1-49.

PvP is just facepalm frustrating right now. So imbalanced and so many people who exploit to dominate.
  • Bebinn
    Bebinn
    Soul Shriven
    could be better
    I don't have major problems with the game but it could be better:

~Bots are pretty bad
    ~Wish for a public auction house
    ~Really hoping for a crafting bank slot (these crafting items take up so much space) in GW2 there is a section in the bank where all the crafting items go without having to take room of the bank. You can also send the items from your bag to your bank so you dont run out of room so easily.

aside from little things I enjoy the game.
  • scottd12003_ESO
    scottd12003_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    no
    I am finding it very frustrating with the nodes and loot system. having to race people for nodes and chests is ridiculous, and nothing breaks immersion like going into a dungeon for a quest and people are already in there killing everything in front of you, it just sucks. i wanna like the game but there is just to many aggravating things going on in game.
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    no
    No dungeon xp = dead game

I mean really they honestly released a MMO where the dungeons don't give you any XP. Like you can actually run them and get nothing. Who could even guessed there was a company who had completely lost its mind like that.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no
    The game has huge problems, which without a top down change are going to remain!
    nuff said!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Ganksalot
    Ganksalot
    Soul Shriven
    no
    Remove AOE Cap - Reduce PVP Campagins and remove option to guest - Allow the option to play with friends regardless of the step of the quest there on or there level.
  • Ariesmercwar
    no
    I think this game is still in Beta and shouldn't be pay to play, especially when there are still bugged questlines. "My latest bugged quest was "A Dangerous Past" fighters guild quest. Can't complete the quest and no way i'm wasting my time trying to run it again to find out it is still broken. At this point i'm considering unsubscribing from the game, and taking the discs back to best buy for a refund. I'll have to do a charge back for the digital upgrade content I paid for before I started playing.
  • Ariesmercwar
    no
    I just unsubbed and requested a refund.
  • Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    Morbus2 wrote: »
    This game has a lot of problems.

So it could be better?

Not sure what kind of results you're looking for OP.. but a game can always be better, so pretty much everyone could choose could be better without lying.
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Maybe I am one of those who is not that effected by the bugs, apart from the Nightblade issues. It may also be, cause this is the first MMO I play, always thought of playing WOW, but somehow.. well errr.. no thanks. My expectations weren't that high and that game has issues at the beginning is just normal - for me. So I'll stay with yes.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    Maybe I am one of those who is not that effected by the bugs, apart from the Nightblade issues. It may also be, cause this is the first MMO I play, always thought of playing WOW, but somehow.. well errr.. no thanks. My expectations weren't that high and that game has issues at the beginning is just normal - for me. So I'll stay with yes.

Yeah, I was really happy with the game until it started breaking under me... now, not so much.
  • mchlgiffordrwb17_ESO
    yes
    Yes, I haven't been impacted by any of the reported issues with bots, functionality etc... really enjoy my time when I'm in the game
  • wyrdob16_ESO
    wyrdob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    could be better
    Could be better - by a lot.

- Bots and gold sellers are still quite a problem
    - Far too many bugged abilities (especially passives) hindering gameplay
    - Lack of gameplay options when it comes to leveling. My highest char is V8 now and I am seriously tired of questing, but I do not want to miss out on skillpoints. Nor do I like mindless mob grinding
    - PvP suffers from various broken mechanics and exploits which should have warranted hot-fixes instead of having the initial campaigns go for 90 days straight away. There needs to be a better population balancing system in place for pvp campaigns as well.
    - Combat often feels unresponsive, weapon swap is a pain in the behind more often than not
    - The guild store system feels extremely limited and unpolished in its current form
    - Overall serious lack of polish of the UI in about every aspect. One of the worst is the split between character / account name and how it is handled.

The list could go on...
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    Thrawniel wrote: »
    Could be better. There are many issues that make want to leave when I finish with the story. And I do not mean bugs and bots. Those are frustrating, of course, but will be fixed eventually, so I do not care much. I mean weird design decisions that make the game not fun to play.

(Whole lot of good points -snipped)

Totally agree. I know from my friends who were looking forward eagerly to this that it was the grouping issues that really killed it for them. it's an MMO. They like playing together in fluctuating and random groups. From the get-go ESO makes this so damn hard.

Public dungeons I think, were a dreadful idea in the first place (particularly when it extends into vision sequences for crying out loud). They should have offered a solo/group instancing option.

Every quest should allow you to at least duo. some people need help. Others like playing with a friend. If it makes it easy for them I don't care so long as they are paying a sub and having fun.

ESO is a good game despite a whole lot of things. It would be a whole lot better if they had remembered it was an MMO and not a single player game with some online elements.

now I'm an anti-social *** so I don't mind soloing things. I don't think the anti-social *** demographic is big enough a demographic for an MMO aiming to be a long-lived premium sub game.

It all has the feel of being designed on a single vision that needed to be reality-checked to see what market segments it was excluding.

Excluding the 'people who like to play together in an MMO' seems a pretty large exclusion. This exclusion overlaps with the roleplayers with the lack of name-plates and speech bubbles options.

I've said it before but it bears repeating. My LOTRO kin were looking to move here. I'm the only one that did when they found what limited grouping options there ere didn't work properly in the pre-launch beta and you could only interact through the chat feature.

It doesn't matter what of these options creep back into the game in some form now. It's too late. They've got their first impression and that first impression unfortunately was of a game months from being ready for release. They certainly won't be coughing up £30-40 to see what's changed at any point.

ESO is off their radar now.

I'm still hoping Zen can turn things around as there's so much to like here.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    Cutting off the game world to 2/3 the population is beyond me, but what's even worse is when a player wants to explore the other world zones, they are forced to do work for the ENEMY! Yeah that makes me want to pay attention to quests, the fact that they all are helping the enemy war effort.

Yea - this is an absolutely insane thing.

IF you want to go down this - go fight in other faction region - you have to have it make sense. There have to be alternate quest lines for those that involve fighting your own faction.

Elder Scrolls is all about inventing your character and playing a story. sorry - but my character is not a mercenary a-hole. He's fighting for the Daggerfall Covenant and he's not okay about fighting his own people or saving the queen or whatever.
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    <<Angry Joe show>>
    For ZOteam. Most of problem explain here.
    I have same experience some part of this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4
    Edited by AvalonRanger on 21 May 2014 13:16
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • scruffycavetroll
    scruffycavetroll
    ✭✭✭
    unsubed
    for as much as this title did right, they did just as much wrong.

- there is 0 reason, i mean 0 reason to play more than 1 character. Instead of just making the grind to 50 longer, they allow players to play the content of the other factions. Why make another toon if i'm playing that content on my first one? 0 replay-ability

-Crafting system is the best thing about the game. just have some minor things i don't like about it, but as a whole, it's my favorite part of the game.

-broken early level quests, that have apparently been broken since long before I joined the beta preventing progression

-broken VR quests..broken since beta preventing progression

-content being rushed out in craglorn, base product still needs fixing & tuning. excuse that it's been in development hold no water, the entire game has been in development for a long time.

-guild store system...worst economic system in MMO history.

-grouping / phasing...never seen an MMO successfully and purposely not allow players to group and quest together. I understand the storyline and the changing world, but it's counter-intuitive to letting players work together...everybody needs to be attached at the hip to play together? no.

-fully voice acted game is amazing, UNTIL all the actors start getting recycled without even masking / changing the acting....V.O's were recorded long before the sprites they'd be placed to were done then placed and are completely mismatched.

-recycled quest givers across factions

-games lore has such a strangle-hold on the game, that any content will be severely limited as to what they will add.

-patches have been completely underwhelming as to what they fix.

did they need to create a WoW clone? absolutely not, however, seeing what they did do, makes me wish they had. you don't mess with success, you emulate it.

They did a phenomenal job at capturing the feel of Elder Scrolls for an MMO, they did a lackluster job of implementing it into an MMO. There are certain things that MMO's need, which this title tried to reinvent the wheel and didn't do a stellar job.
    Edited by scruffycavetroll on 21 May 2014 13:51
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could be better

-grouping / phasing...never seen an MMO successfully and purposely not allow players to group and quest together.

Apart from their decision to trust players and large RMT corporations not to take advantage of the lack of security features, this is the single most bizarre thing.

It's an MMO so it should go out of its way to let people play together. If your implementation technology doesn't allow it then the technology is wrong.

When you want friends you can't have them, when you don't want people there's hundreds of the beggars, even in plot related vision sequences.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    -grouping / phasing...never seen an MMO successfully and purposely not allow players to group and quest together.

TSW did this intentionally, and then screamed "working as intended!" as loud as they could over and over.

EDIT: So many solo instances. It didn't have phasing, you'd just enter zones where your party members couldn't follow.
    Edited by starkerealm on 21 May 2014 13:45
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    could be better
    The game could be a lot better. It has many bugs effecting crafting, quests, combat, hell everything and many of them should have been fixed by now. Many encounters with mobs and bosses are badly balanced and need fixing. Repair costs are way too high. In short, I shouldn't have to work harder at playing a game then I do at my actual job. I still have a lot of hope for ESO but unless things improve, there will come a point where the frustation out weighs the fun and then I'll move on to something else.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    could be better
    MMO noob here. I've been a console gamer until ESO. Skyrim led me to give it a chance on release day. Being new to this type of game naturally begins with confusion. No big deal, I will learn. But what I'm learning is that the spamming and botting are not a legitimate part of the game. Be it disappearing resources I try to collect or the feeling that it is improbable that I will earn enough gold to buy a horse, I'm starting to feel like I'm paying real $$ to tread water.
    Back to Skyrim?
    It ain't easy being green.