Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How long to get Ink Amasser achievement?

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    It’s interesting that some of the above posts say ‘since the update I’ve been getting 30+ inks a week’.

…that might be true on PC, but definitely not on console.

I’m at 126/500, despite playing 3-5 hours a day content that should bring me ink.

I do archives daily and have never had an ink drop from it.

My main source was from nodes, but since there’s an infestation of bots that are farming them, the competition for nodes is horrendous (the bot problem needs to be addressed urgently!)

At the current drop rate of ink, I’d estimate it’d take me 2+ years to get ink amasser, which is absurd.

Suggested improvements for ink drops:
    - guaranteed ink with trial end boss (1 ink on normal, 2 on vet, 4 on vet hm)
    - guaranteed ink with each kill of Th’oat in archives (1 ink regardless of Arc)
    - 25% chance of ink drop with dungeon end boss (1 ink on norm, 2 on vet, 3 on vet hm)
    - 20% chance of ink drop on DLC zone WB (1 ink)
    - …then just keep the other sources as they are for ink drops

Add these into either a u43 patch in 2 weeks, or in u44 as a priority please.

the update hasnt changed the amount of ink im getting lol, all it did was add more sources to get them (chests/heavy sacks) but in the near 3 weeks its been out on pc, i still have yet to see a single ink from HS or chests lol

i would really like if they added some more reliable way to get inks
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Black_GFA
    Black_GFA
    Soul Shriven
    a9g34c4by5t2.png

Got this one before they "fixed" the drops. It did require effort to do, but anytime there wasn't much going on, instead of just standing around, I'd go pick up nodes. An hour, or possibly 2 (about all I can stand in one go) and 15-25 inks in that amount of time seemed to be the norm.

Pretty sure the key is finding somewhere that you can maximize your "nodes per minute" Starter zones seem to be best for this, assuming there aren't several other people doing the same thing.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black_GFA wrote: »
    a9g34c4by5t2.png

Got this one before they "fixed" the drops. It did require effort to do, but anytime there wasn't much going on, instead of just standing around, I'd go pick up nodes. An hour, or possibly 2 (about all I can stand in one go) and 15-25 inks in that amount of time seemed to be the norm.

Pretty sure the key is finding somewhere that you can maximize your "nodes per minute" Starter zones seem to be best for this, assuming there aren't several other people doing the same thing.

i wish it was that easy, even when i was farming nodes like that, i still rarely if ever got more than 1 ink drop in an hour
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the last few days inks are rarer... dunno why...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    N00BxV1 wrote: »
    Also, I recently did a ton of blacksmithing surveys and got a bunch of Ink from that too. And I still have tons of the other crafting surveys to do so hopefully I get more Ink from those as well.

You can get Ink from doing surveys now?? 😯
    Edited by Elvenheart on 9 September 2024 20:22
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »
    Also, I recently did a ton of blacksmithing surveys and got a bunch of Ink from that too. And I still have tons of the other crafting surveys to do so hopefully I get more Ink from those as well.

Yes. I got ink yesterday on a blacksmithing survey. :smile:

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    The drop rate from surveys doesn't appear to be great. I did 199 surveys on Sunday and received 4 ink.

Not enough data to determine anything.

Every ink appeared to come on the first node, but again not enough data to know if that is a pattern.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elvenheart wrote: »

A friend of mine got an ink from a backpack in a dungeon, twice (different dungeons). I was there with him and I can confirm it was true.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange that inks do not come from psijic portals...
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get about 4 a day on average playing between 2 and 6 hours.

Again an average though, I could get non I gotten as high as 10 in one day