Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How long to get Ink Amasser achievement?

moderatelyfatman
moderatelyfatman
✭✭✭✭✭
Is anyone likely to get this achievement before the end of the year?
olb7hz5pg1tb.png
I need to get 500 ink. If you can average 4 ink per week from resources, that will be 125 weeks or nearly 2.5 years of daily grinding.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 ink per week seems high. After the ink given for the scribing quests, I have not seen one drop from mobs nor nodes.
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just an achievement! In this case, for one who collects a lot of ink. Why can't there be an achievement for someone who collects 1000 ink?

I can't imagine why anyone would grind for this. It's more of an "oh, that's interesting" when/if it happens.

Edited by Desiato on 12 June 2024 15:19
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Desiato wrote: »
    It's just an achievement! In this case, for one who collects a lot of ink. Why can't there be an achievement for someone who collects 1000 ink?

I can't imagine why anyone would grind for this. It's more of an "oh, that's interesting" when/if it happens.

It unlocks a Skill Style that people might want (Force Shock, Onyx Black).

On another thread, the developers said that they're aware of a bug where ink isn't dropping from boss enemies. I think that should help out the droprate, even if they don't make more changes to it based on player feedback. Maybe they could reduce the amount of Ink for this achievement? It's not like you can really farm it anyway since it's a random drop from other activities.

If ink price settled around 10k or less, I'd be pretty alright with it. EDIT: I know buying ink doesn't count, just commenting on the droprate for actually using it for Scribing.
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on 12 June 2024 23:44
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    4 ink per week seems high. After the ink given for the scribing quests, I have not seen one drop from mobs nor nodes.

I got one from a plant yesterday! I couldn't believe it, had to check my inventory and there it was, one little bottle of ink :)
  • EdjeSwift
    EdjeSwift
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On another thread, the developers said that they're aware of a bug where ink isn't dropping from boss enemies. I think that should help out the droprate, even if they don't make more changes to it based on player feedback. Maybe they could reduce the amount of Ink for this achievement? It's not like you can really farm it anyway since it's a random drop from other activities.

If ink price settled around 10k or less, I'd be pretty alright with it.

First point, the skill style, according to https://eso-hub.com/en/collectibles/force-shock-onyx-black at least, unlocks at accumulator, which is only 50.

Secondly, purchasing isn't an option as the achievement tracks "loot or gain as a quest reward"
    Antiquities Addict
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm at 80 ink already with about 10 hours of node farming plus doing the quest line on a single character.

It's rng which means that the way to get ink is to farm it.
    Edited by sarahthes on 12 June 2024 17:44
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unless the drop rates are increased, the most efficient method (if you had an open character slot) would be to make a throwaway character, do scribing questline with them for 12 ink, delete, rinse and repeat

im sure it would be possible to efficiently do the quests once you get a grouping of challenges that are quickest to knock out for each wing
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Rageypoo
    Rageypoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get ink from farming nodes once you unlock it in the questline, you will get that achievement in no time.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

First point, the skill style, according to https://eso-hub.com/en/collectibles/force-shock-onyx-black at least, unlocks at accumulator, which is only 50.

Secondly, purchasing isn't an option as the achievement tracks "loot or gain as a quest reward"

Eso-hub says 50, Deltia says 15 (which has to be wrong because you get 15 from the quests), and the in-game achievement makes it hard to tell because they sometimes show you the reward for the final rank of the achievement when you're only on rank 1/2.

50 would be way more manageable, so I hope that eso-hub is right. These sites tend to get info up sooner rather than waiting for it to be accurate.

And yeah my comment about ink price was an aside about the droprate overall, especially if the achievement was manageable.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EdjeSwift wrote: »

Eso-hub says 50, Deltia says 15 (which has to be wrong because you get 15 from the quests), and the in-game achievement makes it hard to tell because they sometimes show you the reward for the final rank of the achievement when you're only on rank 1/2.

50 would be way more manageable, so I hope that eso-hub is right. These sites tend to get info up sooner rather than waiting for it to be accurate.

And yeah my comment about ink price was an aside about the droprate overall, especially if the achievement was manageable.

theres 3 "tiers" of the achievement, 1 ink, 50 ink, 500 ink

the skill style is tied to the 50 ink tier, which you could get just running 4-5 characters through the scribing quests (12 ink per character, 5 characters is 60 ink)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sarahthes wrote: »

I'm at 80 ink already with about 10 hours of node farming plus doing the quest line on a single character.

Yeah it’s rng. But eso’s rng needs system needs work. There are a few with tons of ink, and much larger group who have seen none.

There was a problem during the jubilee event with the disastrous mask “rng” drops, and it’s showing here.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on my in-game experience, so far...

0hohnt5g5jys.jpg
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Overamera
    Overamera
    ✭✭✭✭
    They definitely need to increase the drop chance. It will literally take a year for us casuals to get 50 ink. Even with farming nodes it will take lots and lots of hours just to get the 50 achivement
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overamera wrote: »
    They definitely need to increase the drop chance. It will literally take a year for us casuals to get 50 ink. Even with farming nodes it will take lots and lots of hours just to get the 50 achivement

I only farm on weekends, after I do my writs and while I'm collecting my surveys. I got 30 just on Saturday...

It is nowhere near comparable to the anniversary style pages grind. It's more akin to nirncrux farming. (I actually have a better ink drop rate than I do a nirncrux drop rate, anecdotally speaking).
  • FafiQ_xP
    FafiQ_xP
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should lower this or increase drop rate of the ink this skill style is actually pretty cool and its shame its tied to this achievement it will take lot of time to grind 500 ink even if they fix ink drop from bosses i think it won't help much we'll see
    For the Covenant!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    FafiQ_xP wrote: »
    I think they should lower this or increase drop rate of the ink this skill style is actually pretty cool and its shame its tied to this achievement it will take lot of time to grind 500 ink even if they fix ink drop from bosses i think it won't help much we'll see

The skill style does not require 500 Ink, as has been pointed out several times already.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Per the achievement, buying the ink won't work. Unless that is incorrect.
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭✭
    You have to harvest it or get it otherwise yourself. Buying does NOT count !!!
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even playing the whole day I only get 1 ink at most. So we are looking at nearly two years to complete that achievement. Unless you decide to complete the scribing quest again and again on multiple alts at a ratio of 12 inks per character.
    Edited by jcaceresw on 12 June 2024 23:48
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    Even playing the whole day I only get 1 ink at most. So we are looking at nearly two years to complete that achievement. Unless you decide to complete the scribing quest again and again on multiple alts at a ratio of 12 inks per character.

This is why achievements aren't temporary and why the skill style for Force Shock is tied to Ink Accumulator and not to Ink Amasser. 50 is a decent short-term goal that can be done in a couple of days with very focused grinding/questing or probably a month (maybe two), at most, with more casual play. 500 is fine as a long-term goal, imo, especially since it only gives achievement points. There are achievements that can definitely take longer but have more locked behind them, like Grand Overlord.
    Edited by virtus753 on 13 June 2024 15:53
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its going to take a year or more since I still only have the ones from the quest line, (no other have dropped) that I completed on the second day of the release.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvihohdhn735.jpeg

My progress, so far. I’ve played every day since unlocking scribing, usually for 3-4 hours at a time, sometimes longer. I get barely any ink from picking up crafting nodes while doing my dailies for scripts, barely any from picking up nodes on the way to survey locations. I think I’ve seen maybe three drop in total from the thousands upon thousands of mobs I’ve killed since finishing all the scribing quests. The paltry amount of nodes I’ve picked up so far have mainly come from a few dedicated, mind-numbing half hour / one hour sessions where I’ve done nothing other than farm crafting nodes — and I’d rather tank a vet dungeon where the DD’s can barely scrounge up a combined 20k DPS between the two of them. Even potent/fortified nirncrux drops more frequently than ink for me.

zeq2l8syo1yq.jpeg

(6 nirns dropped from five nodes, while 4 ink dropped from only two nodes in the above boring hour long farm session).

It’s great that a tiny number of you have had good RNG luck and are making good progress with casual harvesting, but your experience isn’t representative of everyone’s.

Yeah it’s rng. But eso’s rng needs system needs work. There are a few with tons of ink, and much larger group who have seen none.

There was a problem during the jubilee event with the disastrous mask “rng” drops, and it’s showing here.

Precisely. I’ve been having terrible luck with ink. I generally have terrible luck with all RNG-based things in the game. I don’t have a single radiant apex mount — and know people with multiple, some of them acquired from free crates. Hell, I only have two apex mounts, and one of those I bought with seals of endeavor… Lead farming is often painful. I don’t even want to tell you guys how many chests I opened in Galen for the music box lead… The only thing I lucked out with lately is the Torc of the Last Ayleid King, the leads for which I passively got while grinding out IA for the multi-target script on all my alts.

It feels like my account is cursed.
    Edited by Aurielle on 18 June 2024 09:53
  • Jimbru
    Jimbru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have played every day for at least a few hours per day since Gold Road began. I unlocked Scribing on day one on my main, then later days on all my alts. I kill and gather like crazy just doing my normal daily stuff, but at best, I'm only getting like 1-2 inks per day, and as of this typing I have not yet hit even the 50 mark for the first tier of the Ink Amasser achievement. Oh, they added inks to boss drops as of yesterday? Didn't get a single one. Bottom line, I don't care who disagrees; the drop rate on ink is WAY too low.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    With luck you may get it by the twentieth anniversary. :s
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is time moving backwards now? ;)
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    Overamera wrote: »
    I only farm on weekends, after I do my writs and while I'm collecting my surveys. I got 30 just on Saturday....

That's ridiculously great RNG. I farm a few hours a day and lucky to get even 1-2, sometime none and I move max speed between nodes with little interruption.

Quite honestly, its about run its course. I'm about to move onto other parts of the game and give up on this.
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was very eager to test out scribing, but even though I am in game a few hours most days and sometimes stop and take an hour or two just farming stuff, and even though I have started looting every kill and collecting almost every node I pass, I mostly only get one or two ink drops a day.

I'm happy for those who are being blessed by the RNG this time round, but it's not fun for the rest of us.
  • dk_dunkirk
    dk_dunkirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    zvihohdhn735.jpeg

My progress, so far. I’ve played every day since unlocking scribing, usually for 3-4 hours at a time, sometimes longer. I get barely any ink from picking up crafting nodes while doing my dailies for scripts, barely any from picking up nodes on the way to survey locations. I think I’ve seen maybe three drop in total from the thousands upon thousands of mobs I’ve killed since finishing all the scribing quests. The paltry amount of nodes I’ve picked up so far have mainly come from a few dedicated, mind-numbing half hour / one hour sessions where I’ve done nothing other than farm crafting nodes — and I’d rather tank a vet dungeon where the DD’s can barely scrounge up a combined 20k DPS between the two of them. Even potent/fortified nirncrux drops more frequently than ink for me.

zeq2l8syo1yq.jpeg

(6 nirns dropped from five nodes, while 4 ink dropped from only two nodes in the above boring hour long farm session).

It’s great that a tiny number of you have had good RNG luck and are making good progress with casual harvesting, but your experience isn’t representative of everyone’s.

Precisely. I’ve been having terrible luck with ink. I generally have terrible luck with all RNG-based things in the game. I don’t have a single radiant apex mount — and know people with multiple, some of them acquired from free crates. Hell, I only have two apex mounts, and one of those I bought with seals of endeavor… Lead farming is often painful. I don’t even want to tell you guys how many chests I opened in Galen for the music box lead… The only thing I lucked out with lately is the Torc of the Last Ayleid King, the leads for which I passively got while grinding out IA for the multi-target script on all my alts.

It feels like my account is cursed.

So, wait, you had ink drop in Craglorn? I'd given up hope of that happening. I figured it wouldn't drop in the place that drops nirncrux.
    Edited by dk_dunkirk on 18 June 2024 12:56
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The players from this year may be more concerned with cleaning their false teeth and keeping the kids off the lawn than finishing up this achievement. :smile:

With normal farming, every day since Gold Road Scribing, I now have a substantial inventory of sixteen (16) of them. At my current rate it should take me around 6 years. I will never get this achievement.

It is fortunate that I don't chase achievements that are out of reach.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play every day, 4ish hours on weekdays and longer on weekends.

I'm around 130-140 ink so far.