Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How long to get Ink Amasser achievement?

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been finding more ink than I can use. I often get 2x ink from one node, not sure if my cp slot is doing that for me, or if everyone has the chance for 2. The first 4 heavy sacks I looted after the recent update had ink in them, to the point that I wondered if the drop rate was bugged in my favour. I get them in chests, and from dwemer pots too, like the ones in earth forge. I got my onyx force pulse the day after I unlocked my class script, and I'm now at 100 ink amassed. Basically I do dailies (guilds, skingrad and random dungeon), and then any leads, surveys and master writs from the dailies, and I collect everything on my way. I don't go out of my way to farm. I do only have 2 characters who would use ink though atm. So maybe the rate at which you use ink will affect how generous you see the drop rates.
    PC | EU
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been finding more ink than I can use. I often get 2x ink from one node, not sure if my cp slot is doing that for me, or if everyone has the chance for 2. The first 4 heavy sacks I looted after the recent update had ink in them, to the point that I wondered if the drop rate was bugged in my favour. I get them in chests, and from dwemer pots too, like the ones in earth forge. I got my onyx force pulse the day after I unlocked my class script, and I'm now at 100 ink amassed. Basically I do dailies (guilds, skingrad and random dungeon), and then any leads, surveys and master writs from the dailies, and I collect everything on my way. I don't go out of my way to farm. I do only have 2 characters who would use ink though atm. So maybe the rate at which you use ink will affect how generous you see the drop rates.

nope, the ink is just garbage for some people and better for others

my avg farming nodes for an hour is 0-2 depending if plentiful harvest kicks in (which is why you sometimes get 2 in 1 drop)

ive never gotten an ink from a heavy sack yet, maybe 1 from a chest, maybe 0-2 per week from enemy drops

in the past 2 weeks i did 35 archive runs to at least arc 3 and there were still most days i wouldnt even get a single ink drop in a run from the bosses, marauders, scamps, or bonus portals

i want to use more ink, but im so hesitant to use any of it because my rate of ink gain is so horrendous
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my avg farming nodes for an hour is 0-2 depending if plentiful harvest kicks in (which is why you sometimes get 2 in 1 drop)

ive never gotten an ink from a heavy sack yet, maybe 1 from a chest, maybe 0-2 per week from enemy drops

in the past 2 weeks i did 35 archive runs to at least arc 3 and there were still most days i wouldnt even get a single ink drop in a run from the bosses, marauders, scamps, or bonus portals

i want to use more ink, but im so hesitant to use any of it because my rate of ink gain is so horrendous

That sucks, I hope your luck balances out in other areas of the game. I feel like I don't get that many from mob drops either, and I kill a lot of mobs while doing dailies. Through casual monitoring of my achievement progress in the chat log, I want to say I get the vast majority of ink from nodes rather than mob loot. I wonder if the drop rates are different for both.
    PC | EU
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoofusMax wrote: »
    I'm not not yet halfway to the 500-mark, but generally tend to snag 3 or 4 per day as I'm running around, making it a multi-month achievement. I'll get there eventually, but see no reason to change my playing for a 15-point achievement. It doesn't even unlock anything (the skill style unlock happens at 50 inks).

I agree the reward for getting 500 ink is indeed lacking. It would have been amazing if we were awarded with a special luminous ink dye.

@ZOS_Kevin
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt that "the Ink" is just "TA" of Enchant crafting material.

Simply say, it's just "basic frame" of Scribing crafting material.
    Because, it doesn't have not much function itself.

Then, why it should be so much precious item? It's really unreasonable
    gaming mechanics.

My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    with [1Stam Blade].
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".

2024/08/23
    Farewell Atsuko Tanaka...(-_-) I never forget epic acting for major Motoko Kusanagi.
  • quinancia
    quinancia
    ✭✭✭
    To get to 50, which I did today, two weeks. No farming, but I did play a lot over Labor Day weekend. I didn't keep track, but anecdotally it seems like a lot came from chests.
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad that Ink Amasser offers no reward because now I can just ignore it.

Farming ink is so very annoying. For now, I have enough and I've stopped the effort. Such a relief!
    PS5/NA
  • pollywogs1970
    pollywogs1970
    ✭✭
    I only grand for achievements that give me skins or colors :expressionless:
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have now the achievement at 131 without specifically farming it apart from normal farming activity. I checked my crafting bag and I also see 131 inks inside it.

Considering that I spent a few on some skills I hope this is just a coincidence and that consuming ink does not impact the achievement progression.
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have now the achievement at 131 without specifically farming it apart from normal farming activity. I checked my crafting bag and I also see 131 inks inside it.

Considering that I spent a few on some skills I hope this is just a coincidence and that consuming ink does not impact the achievement progression.

Yes, it is definitely a coincidence. I have 111 in achievement count and 120 in my bag.

I guess the ink obtained with daily rewards and purchase/mail doesn't count in achievement.
  • OsUfi
    OsUfi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're still not dropping from crafting resources for me, but I'm finally getting some through treasure chests.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember that we got some from login rewards last month. I'm pretty sure those didn't count for the achievement.

I'm at 138 for the achievement, but have 150 ink. I haven't scribed anything outside of the quest requirement yet.

I'm just playing the game and not worrying about ink, but I've gotten it from mobs (world, dungeons, trials), nodes and chests.
    The Moot Councillor
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not something I get anything major for the achievement, so like the killing of the animals' achievement, I'm not worried about it.

Also, you could just do the scribing quest for each of your characters and amass some high quantiles. If I need ink, I pick a character and run it.
    Xbox X- NA
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone likely to get this achievement before the end of the year?
    olb7hz5pg1tb.png
    I need to get 500 ink. If you can average 4 ink per week from resources, that will be 125 weeks or nearly 2.5 years of daily grinding.

I'm averaging 3-4 ink per day just grabbing nodes and killing bad guys.

Granted, I don't always do activities that are conducive of getting inks, but when I do, I usually get 3-4 ink per day, maybe more.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this post chain started the ink drops have been increased and more sources added. I've ben getting about 30 inks a week without trying to farm them.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how long? about 14 meters

:#
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That sucks, I hope your luck balances out in other areas of the game. I feel like I don't get that many from mob drops either, and I kill a lot of mobs while doing dailies. Through casual monitoring of my achievement progress in the chat log, I want to say I get the vast majority of ink from nodes rather than mob loot. I wonder if the drop rates are different for both.

for most things it is lol (i already have almost 2 completed apocryphal jewelry stations from the archive with 2 weeks of runs)

the problem with ink is the drop rate is rarer than nirncrux, but it also seems to be exceptionally worse for some people

when gold road released, i did all the scribing stuff day 1 so i could passively earn inks while completing the rest of gold road stuff

within the first week, i only got like 2-3 inks as drops outside of the 12 from the scribing intro

the following week i tried farming nodes, several days i would spend at least 45-60 minutes farming nodes, in craglorn, then in denser locations such as starter zones, but it was all pointless, i might have made maybe 10 inks the entire week across about 5 hours of node farming (and this was on a speed optimized build with master gatherer and marking all harvest locations with harvestmap)

after that i basically gave up on ink because i dont like node farming like that, its just not fun, but the drops from enemies are about 10x worse than from nodes

so for the last 6 weeks, my avg ink gain rate is maybe 1-2 ink a day if im lucky, there are some streaks where ive gone 6 days in a row without a single ink drop, and thats with doing dungeons, archive, trials, and occasional harvesting on the way to another location

at this point my only option to "farm" ink in any effective amount would be to redo the scribing wings on alts, which i found that questline very tedious and repetitive as all of the wings felt mostly the same ("go here and close wards", "do something on list of challenges", "actual unique and interesting quest specific to the wing")

so ive basically given up on the system, i hardly use scribing because i dont get ink, and while i know i can buy it, theres no reason i should have to, i should be able to go farm ink on my own but because the ink drop rate is so bad, im getting barely a trickle

the 3 inks we receive as a daily login reward is equivalent to my # of ink drops over 1-2 weeks
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

• angst
    angst
    w3zfdh1294zt.png
    I got this achievement a while ago, took roughly 100 hours of node farming. Don't know exactly how long but I added 4 days and however many hours of playtime on the character that I only used for this purpose and some tales of tribute matches for the gold road achievements
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    Since the last update I have been getting 3-4 per dungeon/trial I have done. Some from random mobs, some from chest and a fair amount of sets of 2 from Heavy Sacks. Haven't done much outside of that and just hit the 50 mark over the weekend.
  • Aggrovious
    Aggrovious
    ✭✭✭
    Loot chest. I usually get them for anything above simple. Daily Dungeons also can give you ink as reward.
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been at ink farming for about 2 months I guess. I returned to ESO from FO76. The ink amasser is at 323 right now so at least another month to go. Started farming beginner zones but switched to Craglorn pretty quickly. My “average” on a one hour farm (once around the loop) I get 4 fortified nirn, 2 potent nirn and 6 inks. Lately I’ve noticed everybody and their brother is farming Craglorn, but also noticed they are leaving most flowers, herbs and rune stones. So, nirn stuff has decreased a little but inks remain pretty stable. A grind to be sure but I think much less than training your horse or researching all traits.
  • Auldwulfe
    Auldwulfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the achievement, I got it on 07/29/2024, but I was working on it, specifically.
    I didn't do the PTS, fortunately, as people got locked out, etc.... but I did pay attention to those that did, so as soon as it dropped, I went and burned through the questline, which took about 4 to 5 hours, and then I specifically focused on harvesting until I had it....
    People probably thought I was a bot, with the focused harvesting, I was doing...... but I wanted to experiment, and that was, pretty much, the only way.

Auldwulfe

6im3cjhk5bks.png
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now at 144/500 for the achievement. Before Update 43 I had less than 100, and almost all of those came from many hours of farming resource nodes (I only did the whole quest on one character). But since Update 43 included the chance for Ink to drop from treasure chests and heavy sacks, I've been getting some occasionally from running dungeons and trials. I'm just glad that I don't have to farm resource nodes anymore for Ink. :sweat_smile:

Also, I recently did a ton of blacksmithing surveys and got a bunch of Ink from that too. And I still have tons of the other crafting surveys to do so hopefully I get more Ink from those as well.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on 5 September 2024 07:21
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not not yet halfway to the 500-mark, but generally tend to snag 3 or 4 per day as I'm running around, making it a multi-month achievement. I'll get there eventually, but see no reason to change my playing for a 15-point achievement. It doesn't even unlock anything (the skill style unlock happens at 50 inks).

Yes it do. :smile:

jx3a1x44sjpc.jpg
    Edited by DenverRalphy on 5 September 2024 09:16
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as of last night i finally hit my 60th ink according to the achievement - 3 months after gold road release

ive been consistently at ~0.5 inks per day average since gold road release

so i can currently expect to get ink amasser in approx 880 days (or 2.4 years) if they dont do anything about the drop rates
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master

• runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm at 212 inks today, 185 of which I've used. Which across 20 characters equals about 3.08 inks used per character which is funny as a couple of them have 5 or even 6 grimoire skills equipped for IA. I certainly don't farm any nodes but I have completed Scholarium quests repeatedly for the 3 inks per quest on alts. IA, treasure chests and heavy sacks seem to drop an average of 1 a day without specifically seeking them out.
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I finished it about 4 days ago. It was fairly easy to to do as long as I stayed in the beginner areas Bleakrock and Khenarthi's Roost especially.

My only problem now is that I have completely lost interest in Scribing. Oh well...
  • DoofusMax
    DoofusMax
    ✭✭✭

Yes it do. :smile:

(snipped image of achievement furnishing)

I was actually thinking more along the lines of costumes, mounts, dyes, and those kinds of achievement unlocks, but yes, it does grant you permission to spend gold for stuff. You are technically correct (sometimes the best kind of correct) and I stand technically corrected. ;)
    I'm fresh out of outrage, but I could muster up some amused annoyance if required.
  • Grendalism
    Grendalism
    ✭✭✭
    It’s interesting that some of the above posts say ‘since the update I’ve been getting 30+ inks a week’.

…that might be true on PC, but definitely not on console.

I’m at 126/500, despite playing 3-5 hours a day content that should bring me ink.

I do archives daily and have never had an ink drop from it.

My main source was from nodes, but since there’s an infestation of bots that are farming them, the competition for nodes is horrendous (the bot problem needs to be addressed urgently!)

At the current drop rate of ink, I’d estimate it’d take me 2+ years to get ink amasser, which is absurd.

Suggested improvements for ink drops:
    - guaranteed ink with trial end boss (1 ink on normal, 2 on vet, 4 on vet hm)
    - guaranteed ink with each kill of Th’oat in archives (1 ink regardless of Arc)
    - 25% chance of ink drop with dungeon end boss (1 ink on norm, 2 on vet, 3 on vet hm)
    - 20% chance of ink drop on DLC zone WB (1 ink)
    - …then just keep the other sources as they are for ink drops

Add these into either a u43 patch in 2 weeks, or in u44 as a priority please.
    Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grendalism wrote: »
    My main source was from nodes, but since there’s an infestation of bots that are farming them, the competition for nodes is horrendous (the bot problem needs to be addressed urgently!)

Farm the nodes in DLC zones. No bots. And despite what the Video Gurus say, there are plenty of DLC areas with good routes for farming just as quickly as you can in starter zones. Find your DLC farm route that you can keep harvesting without stopping, and you'll never go back to the starter zones.