Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Enjoy Mountain Dew to Unlock a Free Mount

Aetherica
Aetherica
✭✭
.... but only when you live in the US.

Doesn't feel good, to be left out, every time there is a 'promotion' that does NOT apply to anyone else but players from the US.
Would it be too much to ask, for the ESO devs to find a way to be more inclusive??
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cant access the montain dew website it is blocked for me and I’ve no idea why, but thanks for letting me know its NA only. I did see on reddit its xbox only too, is that correct?
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the umpteenth time, it's not up to any company as to whether or not a promotion can happen in a certain locale.
    These things are governed by your local laws. The company can't do anything if your local laws prohibit promotions.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Local laws in the UK dont prohibit these promotions. I’m just trying to understand if this is a US specific event (I cant access the mountain dew website so I’ve no idea if its codes on bottles of drink only printed on the US bottles or something else)

Edit -it looks like the article now mentions (or it was in invisible ink when I read earlier) that it is only available for those who live in North America

iccar1x6qkf9.png
      Edited by fizl101 on 26 April 2024 15:45
      Soupy twist
      Options
    • reazea
      reazea
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      So it's a green mount that runs faster than any other mount, then randomly flops over and passes out when the sugar rush wears off?

Seriously though, thanks for bringing up this promotion on the forum. Why these things aren't announced by ZOS in some formalized way will forever be a mystery.

Options
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      fizl101 wrote: »
      I’m just trying to understand if this is a US specific event (I cant access the mountain dew website so I’ve no idea if its codes on bottles of drink only printed on the US bottles or something else)

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65855
      "Note that this promotion is available only for those who reside in North America."

It would seem so. Can't access the website too & I have the same message, so it is probably IP blocked (accepts only US IP's). I would guess that using VPN could do the trick, but even if, then you will probably have some other errors as apparently it only works for US ESO players.
      Options
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      reazea wrote: »
      So it's a green mount that runs faster than any other mount, then randomly flops over and passes out when the sugar rush wears off?

Seriously though, thanks for bringing up this promotion on the forum. Why these things aren't announced by ZOS in some formalized way will forever be a mystery.

There is an article, which is where I got the link that is blocked

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65855
      Soupy twist
      Options
    • OtarTheMad
      OtarTheMad
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Meh, it’s just a mount. Cool that they have this promotion but I don’t need a 70th mount for my 17 characters lol.
      Options
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      would almost be tempting to bother with, but they require you to create an acct with the mtn dew website, i hate giving my information out unnecessary, even if its just an email because thats where all the spam comes from lol
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
      Options
    • Aetherica
      Aetherica
      ✭✭

They did announce it. You can read it on the ESO launcher, under the NEWS section. It has been published roughly two hours ago. Perhaps that's why you haven't seen it yet.
      Options
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      would almost be tempting to bother with, but they require you to create an acct with the mtn dew website, i hate giving my information out unnecessary, even if its just an email because thats where all the spam comes from lol

It looks like it's also limited to XBox...
        PC/NA Warden Main
        Options
      • Dragonnord
        Dragonnord
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »
        For the umpteenth time, it's not up to any company as to whether or not a promotion can happen in a certain locale.
        These things are governed by your local laws. The company can't do anything if your local laws prohibit promotions.

It's not like that, I have received promotions from several other games, platforms, websites, etc. where I can participate with no restrictions at all.

Even from other Bethesda games, also even during TESO Live streams you can earn physical stuff and we ALL in chat can participate, no restrictions, and TESO ships it to you (regardless your country).

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
        Options
      • heaven13
        heaven13
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Didn’t they just do this promotion, same mount and everything, with a different company? Alienware, I’m pretty sure. And it’s been in previous promotions too.
        PC/NA
        Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
        Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
        Meet my characters :
        IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
        Options
      • robbybobby82
        robbybobby82
        ✭✭
        If it was actually a *new* mount with completely new assets and not the trillionth reskin of a wolf or horse then I'd care more. If it was a giant mountain dew bottle or even a green dragon or something I'd be into it but nope.
        Options
      • fizl101
        fizl101
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Aetherica wrote: »

They did announce it. You can read it on the ESO launcher, under the NEWS section. It has been published roughly two hours ago. Perhaps that's why you haven't seen it yet.

FYI Console doesn't get a launcher like PC with a news section
        Soupy twist
        Options
      • ArchMikem
        ArchMikem
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Drink 80g of sugar and gives The Dew your personal information just for a free mount that's not technically free? Hard pass.
        CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
        Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
        Options
      • NordSwordnBoard
        NordSwordnBoard
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Be thankful, artificial colors and flavors in the dew are bad for you. Your country may not even let you choose to do the dew. Even if the dew finally removed the anti-flame chemicals from your beverage, its still very unhealthy.
        Fear is the Mindkiller
        Options
      • Rishikesa108
        Rishikesa108
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The same mount was in promotion with Alienware Arena about 2 weeks ago, for EU and NA. It was a little difficult to understand how to grab it, but I did it :-)
        Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
        Options
      • AcadianPaladin
        AcadianPaladin
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        'To get started, visit the Mountain Dew Gaming Rewards official website, select Enter Code, register an account, and follow the prompts.'

Lost me at the bolded part. No thanks.
        PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
        Options
      • Amottica
        Amottica
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        This is most likely due to local laws in some nations and regions, where raffles and other such activities have been limited.

It can also be based on what Pepsi agreed to.

I see that someone else has already mentioned that the government in various areas is likely restricting players' access to such promotions. Zenimax is not allowed to break the laws in our various nations.

Edited by Amottica on 26 April 2024 16:17
        Options
      • reazea
        reazea
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the 64 bit launcher. Only use the 32 bit launcher for updates. My point was there should be a section on the official forum where these announcements are made.

And like others have said, it's almost never worth it to sign up for data mining gimmicks like this. Never mind that I and many others trying to stay healthy don't drink soda.

Edited by reazea on 26 April 2024 16:08
        Options
      • sarahthes
        sarahthes
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I use the 64 bit launcher. Only use the 32 bit launcher for updates. My point was there should be a section on the official forum where these announcements are made.

And like others have said, it's almost never worth it to sign up for data mining gimmicks like this. Never mind that I and many others trying to stay healthy don't drink soda.

There is, and the article was just published there LOL.
        Options
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        My point was there should be a section on the official forum where these announcements are made.

There is.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657658/official-discussion-thread-for-enjoy-mountain-dew-to-unlock-free-mount-experience-scrolls-more
          PC/NA Warden Main
          Options
        • reazea
          reazea
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          sarahthes wrote: »

Check the time stamps on my posts and the announcement post. ;)
          Options
        • Grizzbeorn
          Grizzbeorn
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          sarahthes wrote: »

Check the time stamps on my posts and the announcement post. ;)

But the section WHERE it was posted has been there for a long time...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/website-article-discussions
            PC/NA Warden Main
            Options
          • Desiato
            Desiato
            ✭✭✭✭
            I'm in NA and I'm gonna opt out of the Destroy Your Metabolism and WIn! promo. No poops given either.
            spending a year dead for tax reasons
            Options
          • Blood_again
            Blood_again
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            heaven13 wrote: »
            Didn’t they just do this promotion, same mount and everything, with a different company? Alienware, I’m pretty sure. And it’s been in previous promotions too.

Yes, it was available as Alienware event reward.
            I got it there in the beginning of the Anniversary.

sxbcan80wlew.jpg
            Options
          • code65536
            code65536
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Karthwolf_Charger
            • Crown Store - August 14 / 28, 2017 - November 6, 2017 (Horns of the Reach Collector's Bundle)
            • Dragonscale Crates (Legendary-level reward)
            • Doritos + Rockstar Energy Xbox Promotion - 2022
            • Alienware Steam Promotion - April 3rd - 16th, 2024

They've certainly milked this poor wolf a lot.
            Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
            Personal best scores:
            Dungeon trifectas:
            Media: YouTubeTwitch
            Options
          • licenturion
            licenturion
            ✭✭✭✭
            heaven13 wrote: »

Yes, it was available as Alienware event reward.
            I got it there in the beginning of the Anniversary.

sxbcan80wlew.jpg

Yeah I got it there too

It was free for everyone, and was also communicated in the ESO launcher and the ESO website beforehand. Only thing needed was the community had the game for X amount of hours but with the event it was almost unlocked after a day.

Since it was free to play on Steam that week, the reward was just a click away.
            Edited by licenturion on 26 April 2024 16:29
            Options
          • Grizzbeorn
            Grizzbeorn
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭
            code65536 wrote: »
            https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Karthwolf_Charger
            • Crown Store - August 14 / 28, 2017 - November 6, 2017 (Horns of the Reach Collector's Bundle)
            • Dragonscale Crates (Legendary-level reward)
            • Doritos + Rockstar Energy Xbox Promotion - 2022
            • Alienware Steam Promotion - April 3rd - 16th, 2024

They've certainly milked this poor wolf a lot.

Yup. I've had it since 2019. Got it from a Dragonscale crate.
              PC/NA Warden Main
              Options
            • Aetherica
              Aetherica
              ✭✭

Oh but I totally agree with you, and it's not about that silly mount. It's about the ESO club not being more inclusive. As I wrote in my OP, it just doesn't feel right. And it has nothing to do with restrictions. We have raffles all over the place.
              Options