Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Enjoy Mountain Dew to Unlock a Free Mount

• Orbital78
    Orbital78
    ✭✭✭
    It has been given away a few times now, I got mine from Doritos years ago. I think it was also available with some energy drinks.
    Options
  • Aislinna
    Aislinna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aetherica wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Local laws in the UK dont prohibit these promotions. I’m just trying to understand if this is a US specific event (I cant access the mountain dew website so I’ve no idea if its codes on bottles of drink only printed on the US bottles or something else)

Correct. there is no law in the UK that prohibits this. This has been a deliberate _choice_ to exclude non-US players. However, those promotions should _not_ contain 100% gambling items, like those lockboxes we had, in the past.

I'm sure there is a way to be more inclusive, but the devs have chosen to use a website that has been blocked for visitors outside the US.

According to the BBC (https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-67642389) Mountain Dew, as a product, is banned in the UK and other countries; hard to have a promotion for a product that can't be sold legally in the country. I'm not in the UK and I'm not a lawyer, but it does seem to be an issue with local laws.

bg1y4e6gzjvz.jpg
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aislinna wrote: »
    Aetherica wrote: »
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Local laws in the UK dont prohibit these promotions. I’m just trying to understand if this is a US specific event (I cant access the mountain dew website so I’ve no idea if its codes on bottles of drink only printed on the US bottles or something else)

Correct. there is no law in the UK that prohibits this. This has been a deliberate _choice_ to exclude non-US players. However, those promotions should _not_ contain 100% gambling items, like those lockboxes we had, in the past.

I'm sure there is a way to be more inclusive, but the devs have chosen to use a website that has been blocked for visitors outside the US.

According to the BBC (https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-67642389) Mountain Dew, as a product, is banned in the UK and other countries; hard to have a promotion for a product that can't be sold legally in the country. I'm not in the UK and I'm not a lawyer, but it does seem to be an issue with local laws.

bg1y4e6gzjvz.jpg

It does exist in the UK, but not in the format found in the USogauy5p7gyda.png
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • ikzaa
    ikzaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I once saw a kid eat Doritos and drink Mountain Dew, what a disgusting combo, how can the mother allow him to eat that?

I remember as a child that my mother gave us celery juice to drink in the mornings and garlic soup on wednesdays, and everything she prepared for us to eat had broccoli in it, it tasted as bad as it sounds, i hated it, but today i thank her for it.
    Options
  • TheMajority
    TheMajority
    ✭✭✭✭
    ikzaa wrote: »
    I once saw a kid eat Doritos and drink Mountain Dew, what a disgusting combo, how can the mother allow him to eat that?

I remember as a child that my mother gave us celery juice to drink in the mornings and garlic soup on wednesdays, and everything she prepared for us to eat had broccoli in it, it tasted as bad as it sounds, i hated it, but today i thank her for it.

dude its ok to have a treat now and then, like one mountain dew and one bag of doritoes isn't wrong
    Time flies like an arrow- but fruit flies like a banana.

Sorry for my English, I do not always have a translation tool available. Thank you for your patience with our conversation and working towards our mutual understanding of the topic.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dude its ok to have a treat now and then, like one mountain dew and one bag of doritoes isn't wrong

I don't consider those "treats". Personally, I think they're pretty poisonous.

"Treats" to me are things like blackberry cobbler and a lovely rich Muscat wine.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • ikzaa
    ikzaa
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't judge anyone, everyone is free to do what they want, but I don't think it's right to feed a primary school child with a bag of Doritos and a Mountain Dew, from how I saw the child, it seemed like part of his normal eating diet.

I love Mezcal, and many might think that it is worse than a Mountain Dew, as i said to each their own.

It is just my opinion.
    Options
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I already have that mount as I don't drink soft drinks anymore, but my wife drinks a couple of 12 pack and change of cans, which for some reason do not count, only the bottles.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
    Options
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's Mountain Dew?
    read, think and write.In that order.
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    how would you actually receive the Mount?

On PC, there's no way to Link the account with Mountain Dew Account like you can with Steam or Twitch

Is this just for Console?

:#
    Options
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    how would you actually receive the Mount?

On PC, there's no way to Link the account with Mountain Dew Account like you can with Steam or Twitch

Is this just for Console?

I drink Mountain Dew from time to time. I bought a bottle with a code this weekend(It said X-BOX on the bottle and said NOTHING about Elder Scrolls just an FYI, and has a "Points for Rewards" with a scanning code below that), all you need is an email address and a password to open the account. You place the code in then.

The choices were you can get an experience scroll worth 100 points, or a mount for 2000 points. I got 100 points for one cap, I bought one more bottle and got another 100 points. It's not made clear whether you ever get more than 100 points from one cap code. I chose the experience scroll both times.

Dew sends you a code via email after you chose the scroll or the mount(If you have 2000 points). On the Crown Store option menu ingame on PS5 there is an enter code menu and you enter the code and you get the scroll sent via ingame email. I'm assuming it does not matter which platform you play on, if your platform has a "Redeem Code" option somewhere just enter the code.

I don't drink all that much Mountain Dew and it's $2.29 for a bottle here so I'm not willing to spend $50 for a mount but I'll pop in my code whenever I get one just for kicks. Kinda cool in a way I guess.

Just as an FYI if you play XBOX there were some pretty neat stuff there, controllers for 6000 points, headphones, a drone....
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on 29 April 2024 19:59
    Options
  • Desiato
    Desiato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited because the moderation in these forums is beyond belief as simple facts some people don't like can somehow be misconstrued as "bashing" or "baiting".

Edited by Desiato on 29 April 2024 18:06
    spending a year dead for tax reasons
    Options
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sucks for those of us who can't drink caffeine for medical reasons :s
    Options
  • TheMajority
    TheMajority
    ✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

"Treats" to me are things like blackberry cobbler and a lovely rich Muscat wine.

Huh...? You don't give CHILDREN wine! That's wrong, we're talking about a kid eating doritoes and mountain dew not an adult!

And eating something once in a blue moon is fine, you do you, I don't touch wine or alcohol because to me that's poison.
    Time flies like an arrow- but fruit flies like a banana.

Sorry for my English, I do not always have a translation tool available. Thank you for your patience with our conversation and working towards our mutual understanding of the topic.
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could give me a whole stable and I still wouldn't drink a poison( caffiene and high fructose corn sugar) laden pop.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »

Huh...? You don't give CHILDREN wine! That's wrong, we're talking about a kid eating doritoes and mountain dew not an adult!

And eating something once in a blue moon is fine, you do you, I don't touch wine or alcohol because to me that's poison.

I, thankfully, do not have children. When I did have a child at home (50+ years ago), she did NOT get doritos and mountain dew.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Sucks for those of us who can't drink caffeine for medical reasons :s

you can buy it for someone else and just get the codes from the caps. can even do it before anyone wants to drink it since you are sealing the bottle again. won't lose that much fizz.

Options
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    standard Dew bottle is only 100. the weird ice/special/odd blitz(?) bottles are 200 each

if you like the mount, it's cheaper than buying one with crowns to just get the Dew and then give it away if you don't like Dew.
    Edited by barney2525 on 29 April 2024 21:41
    Options