Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

So who else is locked out of their accounts now?

Galiferno
Galiferno
✭✭✭✭✭
Just got an email from ZOS that my account was going to be locked out for the next 2-3 days because I went on PTS. All I did was check out outfit styles so it seems like if you went on PTS at all your account is affected. So I'm out 2-3 days of tickets, event rewards, seals, daily rewards, and playtime. Plus it's rolling back to before I got my tickets and juicy 200 seals, so some communication on whether we're going to keep any of that if we already did it would be nice.

It's understandable that an investigation like this is happening with how big this was, but none of us knew when we logged onto PTS this was going to happen. And a good amount of us who went onto PTS didn't make any new template characters. We should get fair compensation from ZOS for having our accounts locked.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep I got the email as well despite never making a PTS character. and now everyone who logged into the PTS loses... the hammer of equality descended upon everyone. those who truly exploited just never ever learn their lesson.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
    Options
  • RadagastThePink
    RadagastThePink
    ✭✭✭
    I’m sure we can raise a ticket after to request the tickets or seals. I’ve always had very good experience with Zos customer support.

@ZOS_Kevin , I’m sure you all have a lot going on but should folks contact customer service after the investigations are completed?
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is completely unacceptable that full compensation wasn't even mentioned in the post. Event tickets, gold and purple event boxes, seals of endevor, and more. Millions in standard gameplay earnings are going to be lost to those of us who bothered to try to help ZOS playtest their game through no fault of our own. We must be compensated for it.
    Options
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I cant even make a ticket. I have been suspended from the website.
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, lost my eso+ too!
    Options
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    according to the email im being rolled back to 9:30 am EST. seems my 200 endeavors I got are forever lost.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To lock everybody out of their accounts during a major festival just because they went onto the PTS that day is WRONG. Some people are going to miss out on getting the festival horse now because of this. Not cool.

Edited by SydneyGrey on 16 April 2024 06:57
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All I did was tour one of the new houses :neutral:

eNs5Yqx.png

rP94FWT.png
    PC NA
    Options
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    according to the email im being rolled back to 9:30 am EST. seems my 200 endeavors I got are forever lost.

Yep, exactly. That was a nice surprise when I found out it was deliberate, and people who already redeemed it or logged onto PTS first and never got a chance to redeem it on live shouldn't be screwed out of it.
    Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm so angry that I really must control myself to not use some ugly words...

In last update I lost my 10 outfit slots, now I'm locked because using PTS - I don't even play in NA server, geez...

They cut content since last year - it was suppose to be more bug fixing, but since than we have game breaking bugs with almost every update. Even small crafting event ended with exploits and bans.

This is unnacceptable. I pay real money for eso+ and you locked me for DAYS, so I will pay price for your mistakes? I demand extending eso+ for missing days and if you will even try to compensate by stupid pet or xp scrolls, I will rage quit this game forever.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    Options
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my god... the twitch streamers... oh heck... twitch is gonna be bathed in an inferno when they see this...
    Options
  • Vicquemare
    Vicquemare
    ✭✭
    Same, I was just checking out the new house. Am I going to lose a whole day of progress? Seals, tickets, gold, mats, motifs. And I was leveling up a toon, I think I got around 10 levels yesterday.

I am from PC EU, btw. So am I still going to be affected, if I never logged in on PC NA?

UPD. Just read that the rollback will only affect PC NA. So now the question is will EU users still be unable to log in for the next 2-3 days?
    Edited by Vicquemare on 16 April 2024 07:14
    Options
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    This is the message from Gina in the pinned thread at the top of this section. It is worth a read if you were affected:

"Please note if your account is affected, when you attempt to log into your account on any realm you will see a message saying your account was suspended/banned. Rest assured this is not the case and it is simply how our system identifies locked accounts."
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    I’m sure we can raise a ticket after to request the tickets or seals. I’ve always had very good experience with Zos customer support.

@ZOS_Kevin , I’m sure you all have a lot going on but should folks contact customer service after the investigations are completed?

We'll have more info after we work through the next few steps to resolve this on our side. If you want to send a ticket to Customer Service, you can. Just know they will likely tell you the same thing published in our last update. You can also keep a note for now of what you would send to Customer Service. We'll follow up with next steps as soon as we can.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    byuntear-sad.gif

Daysssss 🥹🥹🥹🥹
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
    Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
    6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
    Options
  • RadagastThePink
    RadagastThePink
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

We'll have more info after we work through the next few steps to resolve this on our side. If you want to send a ticket to Customer Service, you can. Just know they will likely tell you the same thing published in our last update. You can also keep a note for now of what you would send to Customer Service. We'll follow up with next steps as soon as we can.

Thank you Kevin! I really appreciate the response!
    Options
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I am so extremely pissed.

I logged on daily during the event because I was working towards several things.

I hope we get compensated for those 2 - 3 days or I will never play this game again.

We get punished for something that is their fault. In fact we even try to help by logging on to a beta server.

Contacted support to ask how they are going to handle missed event time, daily logins, daily special endeavors, missed tickets and missed ESO+ time.
    Options
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I want to know is why are people who play on PC EU and don't even so much as have a character on PC NA getting their accounts locked too?
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will our eso+ be put back? I had an email saying it was cancelled and tbh I'm more annoyed at that getting taken than the lock
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    What I want to know is why are people who play on PC EU and don't even so much as have a character on PC NA getting their accounts locked too?

It sounds like they blanket locked accounts that accessed the PTS, including EU players if they did. It sounds like they have to go through manually, account by account, to fix the problems on each account/verify the status of them.
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually deleted pts 2 weeks ago due to hard dusk spaces issues!!
    Options
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged into the PTS for 2 minutes. Two minutes. I didn't make any new characters or delete any old ones. I logged into a character from live and hopped into a preview of one of the new houses and looked around for all of a minute before the server went down. Now I've lost everything earned the past day and anything I would earn for-- what? A day, two days, three days to come? Nevermind the playtime itself. This is extraordinarily disheartening and frustrating.

I understand having to rollback the accounts of anyone directly affected, but they should be able to look at accounts that barely did anything, exclude them from the rollback, and release the account immediately. If someone grabbed one of the special mail deliveries for the new content, delete those items from their inventory and then send them on their way. No reason to roll them back an entire day to lose out on endeavor seals (a massive amount at that), event tickets and collectible pieces, gold sales, and motif drops just over a treasure map they can't even use yet because they don't have the zone for it.

Serves me right for getting excited enough about a new player home to install the PTS just to look at it. Haven't logged into the PTS in a year or two before then, but this is the one day I choose to do so for two minutes and my account gets frozen and my subscription I've never dropped since day 1 of the game gets cancelled. It may be a small thing, but that's pretty sad to have happen after a decade of playing the game and supporting it through all the tough times its had. I'm still excited for Gold Road, but I know of several people who are so burned by this they're reconsidering their plans to purchase it... and I don't blame them. What happens on launch day? Everyone gets an accidental boost to max champion level and we all get locked out for a week?

Hats off to the techs doing their best to fix it, but wow this is just extraordinarily disappointing.
    Edited by DerAlleinTiger on 16 April 2024 07:17
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In my opinion, it would have been better to do a general rollback than this route. 2-3 days targeting your most active and devoted community members is not good PR. I hope you have plans to make those that didn't exploit whole from this.

even if the entire server lost a day of event and grinding, an event extension would have been better and easier. Just my feedback and two cents here. A lot of the players that try out the PTS are just going to be more reluctant to use it moving forward. Not that this will happen again, but precedent is a powerful tool.

just my feedback nothing more.
    Options
  • tom6143346
    tom6143346
    ✭✭
    At this point , that is unacceptable. I really hope you guys come up with a good solution for the PLAYERS. Again it’s not only the people that get locked out of there account. This are people which are in raid team as well, which get cancelled again which destroys progress again. Lot of people with different reasons are affected by this. I really try to not be salty, but the amount of bugs is not longer acceptable at all . There need to be done something on ZOS end
    Options
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm scared to go on the PTS anymore.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 16 April 2024 07:36
    PC NA
    Options
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

In my opinion, it would have been better to do a general rollback than this route. 2-3 days targeting your most active and devoted community members is not good PR. I hope you have plans to make those that didn't exploit whole from this.

even if the entire server lost a day of event and grinding, an event extension would have been better and easier. Just my feedback and two cents here. A lot of the players that try out the PTS are just going to be more reluctant to use it moving forward. Not that this will happen again, but precedent is a powerful tool.

just my feedback nothing more.

How are we supposed to know this won't happen again? As much as I try not to sit on the ZOS hate train too much, the fact this can happen after ten years and during the ten year anniversary no less means it can happen anytime. I have no reason thus far to believe it can't ever happen again. So forget the PTS. Why should I bother to touch it ever again? I already rarely bothered to install it given how much space it takes up, but now that 'rarely' will be 'never again.'
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vicquemare wrote: »
    Same, I was just checking out the new house. Am I going to lose a whole day of progress? Seals, tickets, gold, mats, motifs. And I was leveling up a toon, I think I got around 10 levels yesterday.

I am from PC EU, btw. So am I still going to be affected, if I never logged in on PC NA?

UPD. Just read that the rollback will only affect PC NA. So now the question is will EU users still be unable to log in for the next 2-3 days?

Yes because EU accounts who used the pts will have the template character on their NA server
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole fiasco bothers me a lot, because I was very nearly one of the players who was affected. The only reason I'm not is because I decided to go to the grocery store before playing ESO today. I had been planning on getting on the PTS to work on creating a new Orc character. I like to get the character's looks just right on PTS first before I make them on the live server. By the time I got back from the grocery store, the PTS was down.

It was almost me. I feel so angry for all the players who are now locked out of their accounts through no fault of their own. This is not ok, ZOS.
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    you know I wonder that too. Will I get the sub I paid for this month back?
    Options
  • Ezhh
    Ezhh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and I cant even make a ticket. I have been suspended from the website.

I believe you can reply to the email and it will count like a ticket then.
    Options