The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So who else is locked out of their accounts now?

• Renan
    Renan
    ✭✭✭
    log into pts to help a streamer from stream team to do the new trial, it will be fine, they said
    Champion Rank 3100 == (PC/NA)
    Evil ßæ - Lvl 50 Magicka Nightblade - EP ßaby Ðont Gank Me - Lvl 50 Stamina Dragonknight - EP That Cat Behind You - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP Run You Fools - Lvl 50 Stamina Warden -EP R E N A N - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade (Main) - EP How Do I Leave Cyrodiil - - Lvl 50 Stamina Nightblade - EP The Fall Damage - Lvl 50 Sorcerer - EP ßackstreak ßoys - Lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer -EP Renan Daemon - Lvl 50 Stamina Arcanist - EP and others 9 EP toons Flawless Conqueror Master Angler Tamriel Hero Grand Overlord Spirit Slayer Godslayer Ad DC and EP Former Emperor Player Since 2014
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    Yup got my email. I just logged into the check the HDR setting really quick before I went to work, account locked and ESO+ cancelled.
    I hope they come up with a way so I can get my event tickets and mount scraps for the anniversary mount.

• DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    This whole fiasco bothers me a lot, because I was very nearly one of the players who was affected. The only reason I'm not is because I decided to go to the grocery store before playing ESO today. I had been planning on getting on the PTS to work on creating a new Orc character. I like to get the character's looks just right on PTS first before I make them on the live server. By the time I got back from the grocery store, the PTS was down.

It was almost me. I feel so angry for all the players who are now locked out of their accounts through no fault of their own. This is not ok, ZOS.
    You really dodged a bullet. I'm kicking myself now wishing I'd waited another 5 minutes to log into the PTS. If I'd just waited a few more minutes, gotten delayed by something, distracted by something, absolutely anything I would be fine right now. No, I was excited to look at the new house and for that I've been screwed out of a whole heaping pile of endeavor seals and who knows what for anniversary drops. That's assuming we also have some way of getting compensated for event tickets and event mount pieces. Not to mention daily log-ins too. I've never missed a single daily log-in or endeavor since those two systems launched. So much for that. Just 5 minutes is all I had to get delayed by. It's really not a great feeling the more it sinks in.
    Edited by DerAlleinTiger on 16 April 2024 07:34
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    I’m sure we can raise a ticket after to request the tickets or seals. I’ve always had very good experience with Zos customer support.

@ZOS_Kevin , I’m sure you all have a lot going on but should folks contact customer service after the investigations are completed?

We'll have more info after we work through the next few steps to resolve this on our side. If you want to send a ticket to Customer Service, you can. Just know they will likely tell you the same thing published in our last update. You can also keep a note for now of what you would send to Customer Service. We'll follow up with next steps as soon as we can.

In my opinion, it would have been better to do a general rollback than this route. 2-3 days targeting your most active and devoted community members is not good PR. I hope you have plans to make those that didn't exploit whole from this.

even if the entire server lost a day of event and grinding, an event extension would have been better and easier. Just my feedback and two cents here. A lot of the players that try out the PTS are just going to be more reluctant to use it moving forward. Not that this will happen again, but precedent is a powerful tool.

just my feedback nothing more.

How are we supposed to know this won't happen again? As much as I try not to sit on the ZOS hate train too much, the fact this can happen after ten years and during the ten year anniversary no less means it can happen anytime. I have no reason thus far to believe it can't ever happen again. So forget the PTS. Why should I bother to touch it ever again? I already rarely bothered to install it given how much space it takes up, but now that 'rarely' will be 'never again.'

we don't, thats why the precedent is bad. i for one wont be risking my main accounts to test things on the PTS moving forward. my comment was more along the lines that this particular thing won't happen again, not that something similar wont.
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not touching PTS again either. I dont' think many will. I'm just going to patiently wait for live. Half the time bugs from PTS hit live anyway and they have to make adjustments to stuff anyway so *SHRUGS*
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am, and i am not happy, not happy at all. i play on eu, not na this is ridiculous
    Edited by xclassgaming on 16 April 2024 07:41
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coming back after a break from the game to check out the scribing system, was going to go on PTS after work when I saw all of this go down and man what a wreck.

Probably will just wait for the release on catch up on content in the mean time rather than log on PTS and risk locking my account if the weekly updates to this patch mess something up again.
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭
    All things considered, this could have gone much worse. I can imagine a scenario where they had to do a full server rollback, that would have been a pain for so many people who might not even know what a pts is. I imagine zos was doing everything they could to avoid that
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This grumps me out a bit.

I want to stress that I was not affected, but I nearly was. I play on PC-EU and was waiting for PTS to go up. I make videos about how to get the new ToT decks and where to find clues and stuff like that. I just wanted to check new content so I can prepare to make some videos about it to maybe help some other players and give ZOS some feedback on stuff or bugs.

I went to bed early because I didn't feel well. I would have been extremely pissed if I would have used PTS for what it's for and then would have been locked out of PC-EU, because someone linked the PC-NA database to PTS instead of a copy of that database.

I feel sorry for the people that are locked out during the anniversary event because they wanted to check new content. I hope ZOS finds compensation for those players, because this is not a good look.
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All things considered, this could have gone much worse. I can imagine a scenario where they had to do a full server rollback, that would have been a pain for so many people who might not even know what a pts is. I imagine zos was doing everything they could to avoid that

Maybe it's being selfish, but I would have rather a full rollback at this point. Those of us with locked accounts are now losing out on *everything* for the next few days, not even just the replaceable stuff I don't care about but things like endeavor seals, daily log-ins, tickets, mount pieces, style pages, etc. Things that are either can't be replaced or are limited in time/availability. Nevermind the actual lock-out of play time. I could do without for a few days, but I don't want to break any of those streaks or lose out on any of those things like endeavors, tickets, and the mount.

At least with a full rollback, they could have extended the event a day and everyone would be on equal footing. Instead I feel punished for being excited about the game and logging into the PTS for the wrong 2 minutes.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe it's being selfish, but I would have rather a full rollback at this point. Those of us with locked accounts are now losing out on *everything* for the next few days, not even just the replaceable stuff I don't care about but things like endeavor seals, daily log-ins, tickets, mount pieces, style pages, etc. Things that are either can't be replaced or are limited in time/availability. Nevermind the actual lock-out of play time. I could do without for a few days, but I don't want to break any of those streaks or lose out on any of those things like endeavors, tickets, and the mount.

At least with a full rollback, they could have extended the event a day and everyone would be on equal footing. Instead I feel punished for being excited about the game and logging into the PTS for the wrong 2 minutes.

agreed, full roll back NOW. This isn't fair on any of us at all, Especially EU players, punish the people who exploited it not us. Usually i'm one who doesn't agree with compensation for downtime but we have been falsely suspended so this time, we deserve something for this.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I heard some people tried transfer gold for non-pts people on live server. I can bet that some non-pts accounts are already touched with all this thing, so I don't understand why they didn't just do full rollback.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is really not cool, hopefully they will extend the event to make up for it.
  • ZiggyTStardust
    ZiggyTStardust
    ✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I personally would also be better off with a full rollback, especially if it would only be a few hours that I wasn't even playing anyways, but I also don't want to explain to somebody who just go their style page after farming geysers for days, or to any prog team who just go an achievemnt after months of attempts why they suddenly didn't.
    I just hope we actually get compensated for this. They are already looking at our accounts to fix it, maybe they can just add like 9 tickets to them while they are at it.

Unrelated, I don't know if ZOS ever did any full server rollbacks. They didn't for EU when people got hundreds of millions back from a broken trader swap years ago
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just realised if they are rolling back to 9:30am EDT that means im going to lose my staff of worms which i spent basically 28 hours farming for. why. zos. why. the event better be extended or im just going to quit this game, this is so unfair.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i just realised if they are rolling back to 9:30am EDT that means im going to lose my staff of worms which i spent basically 28 hours farming for. why. zos. why. the event better be extended or im just going to quit this game, this is so unfair.

If I were you I'd create a ticket with support. Do you have screenshots of you aquiring it by any chance?
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »

If I were you I'd create a ticket with support. Do you have screenshots of you aquiring it by any chance?

i do actually in my inventory screen, not got my character screen but hopefully that'd be enough as i took a shot of it in my inventory
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is completely unacceptable that full compensation wasn't even mentioned in the post. Event tickets, gold and purple event boxes, seals of endevor, and more. Millions in standard gameplay earnings are going to be lost to those of us who bothered to try to help ZOS playtest their game through no fault of our own. We must be compensated for it.

Either they’re going to extend the event for everyone by the days lost or the locked accounts get tickets for the days lost. Everything else you‘ve said is simply not doable because there’s no rule on how many boxes you could earn, gold you could make or drops you could get during that time. Some made millions and got hundreds of boxes, others maybe got three boxes per day. You cannot expect a universal compensation for that. Maybe you’re getting a week of ESO+ on top of that, but something related to gold, boxes or drops seems not feasible.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    It is completely unacceptable that full compensation wasn't even mentioned in the post. Event tickets, gold and purple event boxes, seals of endevor, and more. Millions in standard gameplay earnings are going to be lost to those of us who bothered to try to help ZOS playtest their game through no fault of our own. We must be compensated for it.

Either they’re going to extend the event for everyone by the days lost or the locked accounts get tickets for the days lost. Everything else you‘ve said is simply not doable because there’s no rule on how many boxes you could earn, gold you could make or drops you could get during that time. Some made millions and got hundreds of boxes, others maybe got three boxes per day. You cannot expect a universal compensation for that. Maybe you’re getting a week of ESO+ on top of that, but something related to gold, boxes or drops seems not feasible.

I generally agree with this, but I'd extend it out to the event mount shards, event style pages (the ones from the yellow boxes that only drop once a day, not the old ones you get from purples), daily log-in credits, and seals of endeavor. Sure, you can't guarantee that someone would have definitely logged in to get all of those on a given day, but some of us absolutely would have and even if they wouldn't it could just be considered just compensation for their account getting locked and all the troubles around it.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think all of you understand that if this wasn't a blanket all-who-logged-onto-pts gets-rolledback that you would be locked out for months while zos goes over your account data and determines if you abused it in any way.

They're not checking your data, they're rolling back your account and moving onto the next one. Be lucky this is the solution they chose, I know it sucks, I know y'all want to scream and should and be angry but the amount of work required to go situation by situation would be astronomical. Do you want to miss 2 or 3 days, or pretend eso is your job and demand they put your pens back exactly where you had them.
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing is sure. PTS officially does not exist for me. I was curious about the new stuff and wanted to check it out today. Nope, not touching it, not going there, never ever lol.

I feel really sorry for all of you who got affected by this :disappointed:
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    I don't think all of you understand that if this wasn't a blanket all-who-logged-onto-pts gets-rolledback that you would be locked out for months while zos goes over your account data and determines if you abused it in any way.

They're not checking your data, they're rolling back your account and moving onto the next one. Be lucky this is the solution they chose, I know it sucks, I know y'all want to scream and should and be angry but the amount of work required to go situation by situation would be astronomical. Do you want to miss 2 or 3 days, or pretend eso is your job and demand they put your pens back exactly where you had them.

They shouldnt lock them, they should roll back the entierty to NA so no one was locked and unfairly affected, especially EU players.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel terrible for those who got their accounts locked without having done anything wrong. The supposedly celebratory event was already causing considerable pain and now this. It's getting hard to play this game without fearing one will pull a John McLane and be at the wrong place at the wrong time (old reference, but eeh...). I hope those unfairly affected somehow get the tickets, event horse parts and seals of endeavors they'll miss while being locked out of the game. Their anger and frustration are justified.

So, I guess I won't be touching the PTS with a 3-meter pole while wearing a hazmat suit.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged in for 1 or 2 minutes before the PTS was taken down and now locked out :# I didn't even make it out of the out of the new city, just spoke with an NPC and poof 😅
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is we know people already laundered the pts currency into the live economy so unless they track all transactions from these accounts and lock the other accounts who were involved in transactions with them this isn't even solving the entire issue

The fact they didn't just roll the live server back 2 hours or however long it was active for gives me the impression it might not be possible for this certain situation
    Edited by J18696 on 16 April 2024 08:17
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They shouldnt lock them, they should roll back the entierty to NA so no one was locked and unfairly affected, especially EU players.

Better solution? Maybe. Would it be fair? Hell no. The amount of players on the PTS affected by this might be 1% of all players that potentially would affected by a server-wide rollback. So what’s better, punishing everyone or just the ones that accessed PTS? 10 enraged players or 1000? I guess you know the answer. It‘s a really bad situation for those affected and they should get a meaningful compensation, but rolling back everyone would be way worse and way easier for them to do, so this alone tells us a lot why they’re not doing it (unless ZOS is not able to undo the damage to the economy that is we caused by this, then only a universal rollback would help).
    Edited by Seraphayel on 16 April 2024 08:17
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Better solution? Maybe. Would it be fair? Hell no. The amount of players on the PTS affected by this might be 1% of all players that potentially would affected by a server-wide rollback. So what’s better, punishing everyone or just the ones that accessed PTS? 10 enraged players or 1000? I guess you know the answer. It‘s a really bad situation for those affected and they should get a meaningful compensation, but rolling back everyone would be way worse (unless ZOS is not able to undo the damage to the economy that is we caused by this, then only a universal rollback would help).

Should be rollback, locking innocent players accounts IS NEVER fair. And again, especially people who play on eu not even NA, should of been a rollback to everyone
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very much going to be agitated at losing out on things like endeavor seals and log-in credits when I've very diligently acquired all of them to date, and unique event rewards that cannot be replaced, and will very much demand they find a way to compensate that. It wasn't a matter of me finding an exploit and knowingly using it to do anything. It wasn't me willfully attempting some underhanded move that breaks TOS. It was logging into the PTS for two minutes to look at a house.

Even beyond all of that and theoretical rewards I could (would) have picked up in the coming days, what about the gold I got from trader sales throughout the day? That was a significant amount of gold. How does that work when it's player-to-player transactions? What happens if I'm rolled back but the person who bought my stuff and paid me isn't? Will I still have that gold or at least have it waiting in my mail? Will I instead have a duplicate of the items for sale? There are some justifiably concerning inquiries to be made even beyond missed opportunities simply due to the nature of targeted rollbacks over a full server rollback.
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is this laundering and economy impact i am hearing about? Was there some weird way to transfer money from PTS to PC NA or something?
  • RMW
    RMW
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is this laundering and economy impact i am hearing about? Was there some weird way to transfer money from PTS to PC NA or something?

Some people got billions of gold on the PTS and when they logged into the PC NA server they still had these billions of gold. So these people (apparently) brought stuff with that gold and brought it into the economy.