Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

So who else is locked out of their accounts now?

• J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does rolling back pts users only make any sense? There are people from the pts that logged in and started handing out items to players for free.

So people who didn't touch the pts are now sitting pretty with potentially millions worth of gold, items, crowns, what have you, with no rollback in sight.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to roll back EVERYONE? A clean slate? This is a PR nightmare that you think you can avoid by only doing the 0.001% of the playerbase who actually logged into the pts for that 30m and it's a mistake. You're choosing to throw us under the bus to save face.

How are you going to specifically compensate pts users with 3 days worth of play time, potentially 8h of farming they did on Apr 15th, 3 days of ESO plus, endeavours, daily logins, horse riding training, everything. The economy is going to be even worse on PC NA now.

Unacceptable and overly complex.

Yeah this was my point that most people seem to have completely missed these items have made their way onto the live economy the only fix is either a full server wide roll-back or to individually chase down every single item and gold sent to other people
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • Panomania
    Panomania
    ✭✭✭✭
    Needless to say, my PTS days are over.

This. Seeing this colossal [snip] I'm of the view that it's not worth the risk. Dont get me wrong: stuff happens when you patch, ANY game, any company. It's the screwball code and/or competence of the current devs I am questioning.

I know ZOS didnt intend for this to happen, but unlike many I view intentions as meaningless. What's delivered is what matters.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 16 April 2024 10:34
    The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
    Options
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »
    Yeah this was my point that most people seem to have completely missed these items have made their way onto the live economy the only fix is either a full server wide roll-back or to individually chase down every single item and gold sent to other people

Chasing down items won't happen. They are now busy for days rolling back angry customers (like me) who are locked out during the most profitable event of the year + free 10 year anniversary goodies and hopefully adding compensations for time lost.

By the time that is finally done, all that extra money is already been split in thousands of parts, re-invested, re-traded etc that is too late to track and undo everything. That would probably ten thousands of transactions to follow the money and item trails. Rolling back the server to yesterday 1 day later would just literally infuriate every ESO player out there that has been playing or grinding for stuff that it would be such a PR disaster that that wont happen either (or they already would have done that)

Edited by licenturion on 16 April 2024 10:28
    Options
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J18696 wrote: »

I hope that ZOS is aware of the ramifications that this can have on the PC-NA server if not dealt with, since apparently a server wide rollback is no longer on the table.
    Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm so pissed right now and gonna uninstall PTS after this. I don't even play on NA!

I don't think we will get full compensation for: ESO Plus days we lost, seals of endevours, daily login rewards, event tickets and more event rewards, including the anniversary mount.
    Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 10 years of operation one would think these type of problems wouldn't happen. Perhaps ZOS needs to add some more people to their QA team. Condolences to the all the people negatively impacted by this situation.
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    MoonPile wrote: »
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    I’m sure we can raise a ticket after to request the tickets or seals. I’ve always had very good experience with Zos customer support.

@ZOS_Kevin , I’m sure you all have a lot going on but should folks contact customer service after the investigations are completed?

We'll have more info after we work through the next few steps to resolve this on our side. If you want to send a ticket to Customer Service, you can. Just know they will likely tell you the same thing published in our last update. You can also keep a note for now of what you would send to Customer Service. We'll follow up with next steps as soon as we can.

In my opinion, it would have been better to do a general rollback than this route. 2-3 days targeting your most active and devoted community members is not good PR. I hope you have plans to make those that didn't exploit whole from this.

even if the entire server lost a day of event and grinding, an event extension would have been better and easier. Just my feedback and two cents here. A lot of the players that try out the PTS are just going to be more reluctant to use it moving forward. Not that this will happen again, but precedent is a powerful tool.

just my feedback nothing more.

All of this.

For now I don't want to assume anything. They have a lot to fix; the comms sent may be imperfect and incomplete.

But I'll echo: a ton of the people who logged into PTS first thing today are bound to be among the most loyal, active players:

I pre-ordered Gold Road, have the 10-year award on my forum account, the Imgakin monkey and haven't done anything nefarious in that time. Many of us put a lot of our time and creativity into our ESO creations and communities. Beyond our own missed rewards, many are also members of guilds that depend on us and our sales, during one of the most expensive times of the year for trader bids.

There were definitely a lot of us, now locked out, that share these traits. I can't imagine snubbing core members; it'd be yet another mess.

The problem is, what others like you seem to expect from a compensation is just not doable. Those things are theoretical values. What you definitely can and should expect is a compensation for lost tickets, endeavors and login rewards as those things can be measured/counted. Everything besides that simply cannot and therefore you cannot be compensated for that specifically. That’s where you most likely will get ESO+ or Crowns as compensation. They cannot compensate you for theoretical values of gold earned and random drops.

Mistakes like these happen, very rarely in ZOS case. They acted quickly, took both servers down and worked on this asap. This could have been way worse than it turns out to be now. It‘s unfair that PTS testers are locked out now, but some just need to calm down a little and don’t get agitated even more as they’ve not decided yet what the compensation will be. Maybe it will be pleasing in the end.

thats fair, i dont expect boxes or 20 stacks of atherial dust, but i do expect the daily rewards, endevours and tickets we have lost.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
    Options
  • PureEnvelope35
    PureEnvelope35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Odd that it locks me out of EU too but heyo...
    • Fashion is the true endgame.
    • PC EU
    • EP Astera the Charlatan Stamina Arcanist (PvE)
    • EP Malina the Pure Stamina Warden (PvP)
    • EP Athena the Pure Stamina Dragonknight (PvP)
    • EP Elizabeth the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvP)
    • DC Bonneville the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • DC Lyudmila the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvE)
    • DC Breña the Pure Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • DC Cirise the Pure Magicka Warden (PvP)
    • DC Melinda the Omen Stamina Necromancer (PvP)
    • DC Adeliane the Pure Magicka Templar (PvP)
    • AD Valencia the Pure Magicka Dragonknight (PvE)
    • AD Do'Nhadir Stamina Nightblade (PvP)
    • AD Xiphias Sword-Like-Comet Stamgicka Warden (PvP)
    • AD Eleanora the Pure Stamina Sorcerer (PvE)
    Options
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd that it locks me out of EU too but heyo...

Eu and Na share accounts so if you changed your server to Na on login you would have pts templates why even eu players are locked out
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
    Options
  • Shara_Wynn
    Shara_Wynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a total mess.

There couldn't have been a worse time for this to happen. In the middle of a jubilee event and with the extra seals of endeavors to be earned.

The PTS server as well. This is a total disaster for ZOS and ESO. I wouldn't be surprised if they loose quite a few players over this.

They (ZOS) really will need to do something significant to mitigate the PR damage from this and restore trust in the game.
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if an event wasn't going on, I don't think folk would be as angry as they currently are
    Options
  • Vexen
    Vexen
    ✭✭✭
    me too. I was on PTS for all of 10 minutes to see a house and peek at the trial. The email says 3 or 4 days....during the holiday event... so much lost. I also got an email stating my eso plus was cancelled.
    Options
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah everyone's subs got cancelled. It's how they had to lock our accounts. But one of my friends pointed out that it just means auto renew wont occur. Although I'm being hopeful that's the case
    Options
  • Vexen
    Vexen
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, can't they look at something to determine who the people who were creating the issue rather than lock all of us?
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »
    I think if an event wasn't going on, I don't think folk would be as angry as they currently are

oh totally, i wouldnt. dont get me wrong id still be angry, but not as angry as i am rn, 100% the event being on is apart of it as thats stuff we are missing cos of zos mistake
    Options
  • Vexen
    Vexen
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just still astounded...if you logged on the PTS so quickly you're likely one of their most dedicated customers and for this to happen during the most anticipated event of the year, wow. I'll stop posting for now, I'm just mad.
    Options
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    noblecron wrote: »

True. I wouldn't care. A few endeavors lost and a few daily logins I can live with. The last login rewards are usually not useful for me anyway.

But now with these events active it is:
    - missing of a whole bunch of anniversary boxes and chance of several rare items
    - missing of 2 or 3 glorious event boxes including the mount confetti
    - missing quadrupled daily endeavors for the thieves guild event
    - missing event tickets for 3 days (9 tickets) and chance to miss exclusive items
    - lost potential guild sales in this busy period of the year
    - missing of 2 or 3 daily login rewards
    - easy farming daily world bosses and world events due to the increased amount of players resulting in rare motifs and pages that I didn't have or can be sold
    - missing out of extra game time for farming event exclusive styles
    - missing out on the daily double XP to get some easy daily dungeon/battleground CP levels

The amount of negatives is gigantic. Now that I listed that I am even more angry :D

What a glorious 10th anniversary!

Edited by licenturion on 16 April 2024 11:44
    Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »

Yeah, not saying names but I know players who got traded a billion gold from pts templates from another account and they still have that money on the live server 🙃 I'm honestly shocked they didn't just roll back everyone, the economy could suffer from this screw up.

If this is true and ZOS has no intention/capacity to track that down a revert it, then this is a colossal failure from ZOS.

You could also go into IC with a billion tel var from the pts template, and have a friend kill you. Luckily this situation didn't last very long, maybe 30 minutes at most? I was one of the players who was affected by this, and a few of my friends on the live server were asking how I got 3600 CP so quickly.
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So the PTS has moved on from being mostly useless as far as combat feedback is concerned, to randomly detrimental to your live account if you use it.
    Quite impressive.
    On indefinite hiatus since U41.
    Options
  • IncultaWolf
    IncultaWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I am being punished for trying to test new things on the pts. I hope there's a way to get my 200 seals, and event tickets back. You know the people who got their account locked from this are the most loyal and dedicated players you have, because they all went to the pts the minute it went online after waiting all day.
    Options
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I am being punished for trying to test new things on the pts. I hope there's a way to get my 200 seals, and event tickets back. You know the people who got their account locked from this are the most loyal and dedicated players you have, because they all went to the pts the minute it went online after waiting all day.

exactly
    Options
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I forgot to go on yesterday. But I'm also upset I didn't because I could have gotten a free non-combat pet as compensation.
    Options
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A few endeavors lost and a few daily logins I can live with.
    Well, today you can get 170 Endavours, because of thieves guild event. Once they giving extra high daily Endavours and we are missing it...
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
    Options
  • RitaNidec
    RitaNidec
    2-3 days lock, missing tickets from event and extra endavours for visiting PTS on EU??? are we a joke for you?
    ii9tzhrarnr5.png

Ubi facta loquuntrur nоn opus est verbis
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    This whole fiasco bothers me a lot, because I was very nearly one of the players who was affected. The only reason I'm not is because I decided to go to the grocery store before playing ESO today. I had been planning on getting on the PTS to work on creating a new Orc character. I like to get the character's looks just right on PTS first before I make them on the live server. By the time I got back from the grocery store, the PTS was down.

It was almost me. I feel so angry for all the players who are now locked out of their accounts through no fault of their own. This is not ok, ZOS.

I also always create characters on PTS before live. I just built a new computer so hadn't gotten around to downloading PTS yet since I finished the build about a week ago and we were still on EU characters. I cannot imagine using the PTS anymore going forward. I feel for all the people who have now been locked out of their accounts for days, during an event where every day was needed to get the jubilee mount (plus needing the extra tickets to buy the extra confetti), plus having their accounts rolled back and losing out on whatever they had done that day.

I'm picturing a lot of lost revenue in the future because pretty much everyone I know who is into housing (on PC) tests their houses on PTS first since housing is so expensive. Not sure if this will kill the enthusiasm for housing but I imagine it would dampen it a bit.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    This whole fiasco bothers me a lot, because I was very nearly one of the players who was affected. The only reason I'm not is because I decided to go to the grocery store before playing ESO today. I had been planning on getting on the PTS to work on creating a new Orc character. I like to get the character's looks just right on PTS first before I make them on the live server. By the time I got back from the grocery store, the PTS was down.

It was almost me. I feel so angry for all the players who are now locked out of their accounts through no fault of their own. This is not ok, ZOS.

I'm in the same situation, decided to do surveys yesterday instead last night since I was tired while planning to check out PTS today. There really needs to be compensation to the players who were affected by this who did nothing wrong. And it sucks for the EU players especially who have nothing on NA servers. If ZOS could've suspended just the NA server access, at least most of the EU players wouldn't have an issue with this at all. Which would cut down the amount of players that needs their accounts restored which in turn would probably makes things resolve faster. Suspect there's no way for ZOS to just suspend players from just one server and not both though.
    Options
  • Banchee
    Banchee
    ✭✭
    So I play on console. Logged in yesterday for the first time in years to pts, opened a stream and started showing my console friends the new dyes and stuff. Today I'm locked out even on my console access. I will have to cancel raids for my teams.

Why is my console account locked just because I went online to check out the new city and outfit dyes?

This isn't right. And needs fixed asap.
    Options
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not been on PTS Was on EU accnt via steam
    7 hrs ago now steam won't load
    Options
  • MrCray78
    MrCray78
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS please give me my account back i'm a EU Player just for 2 mn my account was suspended 😭😭😭
    PC EU PvE CP1500(Play from Beta 12/02/2014) : @MrCray78

Silver Diamand-Rouge(Main) : Stamblade 114K Dummy
    Silver The Liberator : StamArcanist for HUGE DPSSSSSSS 121K Dummy
    6 Other Class Character but didnt used them.
    Options
  • robbybobby82
    robbybobby82
    ✭✭
    Logged into the PTS for the first time in years to check out the new zone and work on a new character. I was on for 20 or so minutes and now I'm going to lose out on days of progression on the live server and days of daily logins and festival tickets. Literally all I did was gear up a bit and run around the new zone. This sucks. Deleting PTS from my hard drive immediately. I really REALLY hope we get compensated for this because it is completely unacceptable as things stand now.
    Options