Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

So who else is locked out of their accounts now?

• QuinnTheWolf
    QuinnTheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Got this too, i woke up only to read that doom-mail, i already got tremor problems, now i cant even hold my phone or write properly! i forgot about the endeavors too... I DONT EVEN PLAY ON PC NA!! IM AN EU PLAYER!!! yet.... why am i affected!
    Options
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe how long it takes them to list compensations for affected players.

If the compensations are sufficient and fair most people would probably calm down.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't believe how long it takes them to list compensations for affected players.

If the compensations are sufficient and fair most people would probably calm down.

How could they know what exactly to compensate when they don’t even know how long it will take them to fix this problem? They’ll know what to give affected players when they’ve undone the damage.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my guess is... Zos will likely do a quick skim of the accounts to see if they had the item ID number for the infinite boxes because every single item in the game has an ID number. those that do have the ID... your not getting your account for likely the few days... as for those who never had the ID Zos will compare history to be absolutely sure that the account isn't a bad account. its this latter thing that can be anywhere between like now and a few days from now because its a more slow process.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
    Options
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banchee wrote: »
    So I play on console. Logged in yesterday for the first time in years to pts, opened a stream and started showing my console friends the new dyes and stuff. Today I'm locked out even on my console access. I will have to cancel raids for my teams.

Why is my console account locked just because I went online to check out the new city and outfit dyes?

This isn't right. And needs fixed asap.

I play primarily on Xbox too and my Xbox account got locked out. I'm currently trying not to freak out by seeing a "your account has been permanently deactivated" message when I did nothing wrong.
    Options
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

How could they know what exactly to compensate when they don’t even know how long it will take them to fix this problem? They’ll know what to give affected players when they’ve undone the damage.

Pretty easy to me to foresee for such things.

Per lost day of acces we will award affected players XXXX for missed in-game event opportunities. Additionally we will award every affected player with XXX as a one time offer for the inconvenience caused by recent event.
    Edited by licenturion on 16 April 2024 13:20
    Options
  • onyxorb
    onyxorb
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on to PTS because I LOVE Housing. So of course I got the new house, and also gifted a 1 crown item to someone on PTS who was having issues getting something from Crown Store.

Then I worked on one of my existing builds on NA to test out some changes.

I purchased 2 crown store items on PTS. Never did anything with gold/crowns other than that.

Logged on NA, didn't spend any gold or crowns.

My reward is a 2 - 3 day lockout.

So... I logged on to PTS, which is what they WANT us to do, and my Reward is losing everything I earned yesterday.
    So event tickets, endeavors, the achievements to get the free horse, plus the progress on my home builds, all gone.

Not to mention I have 'no clue' what happens to all the emails I got sent after the 9:30 restore time. Pretty sure that's going to be gone from whoever sent it AND from me... So I'm just out of those items and gold I suppose?

On the plus side... I least I didn't get any of the style pages I've spent 8+ hours a day grinding for, every day since this 'Celebration' started. I'd probably just rage quit if I lost one of those.

Whelp... Here's to hoping they find a way to 'fix this' in the player's eyes.

NOTE: I saw this in another post, and I would like to echo the same thing. Hat's off to the folks who are actually doing the work of restoring accounts and reconciling things. It's not fun, and you have a lot of pressure over you right now. So we DO appreciate the work you all are putting in.
    Edited by onyxorb on 16 April 2024 13:26
    Options
  • Reginald_leBlem
    Reginald_leBlem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aiphaton wrote: »
    FabresFour wrote: »
    And it's always important to remember. This Monday, we had a daily endeavor equivalent to 200 seals.

200 seals is what we get in 1 week of logging in.

So these are not "just some days missed", we lost the equivalent of a week, in a single day, due to an error on the part of the company that we are paying for as consumers.

Sorry, but this is revolting.

Usually Zenimax reimburse you if you open a ticket and write you did those Seals so you shouldnt worry to much about it.
    Yeah you might not be able to play for 2-3 days while they check the integrity of your account.
    But they have to give you a "weak" timeframe so they can check all accounts.
    Yes you might lose 9 Tickets of a Event but honestly its just 9 Tickets and a bit of free Loot.

More crucial is that Zenimax takes 3 days of your paid suscription away --> They should add those 3 days to your paid time.

But I DIDN'T get the seals. I had work, and by the time I got home NA server was completely down. I never got to log in.

A nice gesture would be to extend the event by a few days, and everyone gets some seals of endeavors for free. Worst case scenario, some people who experienced 0 inconvenience get free stuff.
    Options
  • AngelicaDLynn
    AngelicaDLynn
    ✭✭✭
    So I have 11 accounts. I have not been on the PTS in probably around 9 years and only on one account. I am locked out of all of my accounts. This is 100% unacceptable. Of course this happens and the site says they are down for maintenance. Yeah I'm sure that wasn't times out at all. I have been subbed for pushing ten years now. I am done.
    Options
  • MarzhinGwyls
    I haven't been on PTS in over a week (definitely not yesterday). I didn't receive the ban email, but still can't login, I get the "login failed" error. Is this separate to the PTS issues or a new one?
    Options
  • SpaPooP
    SpaPooP
    ✭✭
    I logged in around 0730 CDT this morning and checked Daily Login Rewards and did one account- one character Normal Writs.

I just now at 0920 CDT and get the Login Failed. Account Inactive or Password Incorrect.

I am NOT affected by the PTS issue.

Anyone else as well.

Note: There IS Account System and Store Maintenance right now but it has never kept me from logging into just the game before:

2024.04.16 - 12:00 UTC (8:00 EST)

The ESO store and account system are currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.

Edited by SpaPooP on 16 April 2024 14:36
    Options
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have learned never to go on to the PTS, ever.
    Options
  • Thelvamar
    Thelvamar
    Soul Shriven
    There is a lesson to be learned here, and that is not going into the PTS.
    You are beta testing for them, for free, and then you get punished. Not worth it in my opinion.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelvamar wrote: »
    You are beta testing for them, for free, and then you get punished. Not worth it in my opinion.

You don’t get punished, it was a mistake. Threatening to not go to the PTS anymore is a childish reaction and nothing else. Okay, then don’t test stuff anymore? Others will do. Some of the anger is totally justified, but many posters here are just spiraling. They’re working on it, you‘ll definitely get a compensation, you just have to wait a little bit.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya ill for sure go on the PTS server again. this is just a misunderstanding... I hope my account can leave prison soon.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
    Options
  • MudcrabAttack
    MudcrabAttack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got on the PTS and It’s really not affecting me. The classes are as unbalanced as usual, and I still won’t bother logging into the live server
    Options
  • JonnAndCo
    JonnAndCo
    ✭✭✭
    This is bad business, and it effects us all. The last time ESO failed to treat their customers right, I quit for 2 years. Please don't do this again.
    Options
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    SpaPooP wrote: »
    I logged in around 0730 CDT this morning and checked Daily Login Rewards and did one account- one character Normal Writs.

I just now at 0920 CDT and get the Login Failed. Account Inactive or Password Incorrect.

I am NOT affected by the PTS issue.

Anyone else as well.

Note: There IS Account System and Store Maintenance right now but it has never kept me from logging into just the game before:

2024.04.16 - 12:00 UTC (8:00 EST)

The ESO store and account system are currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.

Same here. Can't login with same error message: Account Inactive or Password Incorrect.

I play PC EU only and I have never ever set a foot into the PTS in my whole ESO time.
    Options
  • Thelvamar
    Thelvamar
    Soul Shriven

You don’t get punished, it was a mistake. Threatening to not go to the PTS anymore is a childish reaction and nothing else. Okay, then don’t test stuff anymore? Others will do. Some of the anger is totally justified, but many posters here are just spiraling. They’re working on it, you‘ll definitely get a compensation, you just have to wait a little bit.

I was not affected, as I never go into the PTS because I'm completely fine waiting for live.
    Deciding not to risk being unable to log in into your account is not a childish reaction imo, it's just pondering risk vs reward and choosing to play it safe.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vv

Lets be fair here, zos hasn't promised compensation. They said they are are working on resolving the issue.

Second, we don't know how long the impacted players are going to be down. It could be hours.. it could be a week. We don't know.

The concern over the pts is valid. As I said earlier this sets a bad precedent and concerns over getting suspended for just accessing the PTS are real. If it happens once it can happen again.

And while I was not impacted, I was about 20 min away from being in the pts. But I have a guild to run and if zos is looking me out then my guild stops working.

I understand that this is an extreme scenario, but for a lot of us the risk is big. Streamers, raid leaders, theory crafters, housing creators... all of the people thst zos relies on for promotion and content creation looking at pts suspensions.

Why would they risk this happening again?
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was not affected, as I never go into the PTS because I'm completely fine waiting for live.
    Deciding not to risk being unable to log in into your account is not a childish reaction imo, it's just pondering risk vs reward and choosing to play it safe.

How many times has this happened? We have 4 PTS per year. Basically 40 PTS since launch. How often did this problem occur? Once, twice? It‘s an overreaction, nothing else.
    Edited by Seraphayel on 16 April 2024 15:48
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How many times has this happened? We have 4 PTS per year. Basically 40 PTS since launch. How often did this problem occur? Once, twice? It‘s an overreaction, nothing else.

If I told you that there was a 1 in 40 chance that doing an in game activity would get you banned for 3 days how likely are you to do it?
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

If I told you that there was a 1 in 40 chance that doing an in game activity would get you banned for 3 days how likely are you to do it?

That‘s a 2.5% chance for something to happen that’s based on a one-time-error (as of now). So… very likely, if I wanted to.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That‘s a 2.5% chance for something to happen that’s based on a one-time-error (as of now). So… very likely, if I wanted to.

A higher chance than a lot of the drops in game!

But seriously, if people are concerned, let them be concerned. Let them voice those concerns and let the people who actually manage the issues (ie ZoS) handle the replies.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    This whole fiasco bothers me a lot, because I was very nearly one of the players who was affected. The only reason I'm not is because I decided to go to the grocery store before playing ESO today. I had been planning on getting on the PTS to work on creating a new Orc character. I like to get the character's looks just right on PTS first before I make them on the live server. By the time I got back from the grocery store, the PTS was down.

It was almost me. I feel so angry for all the players who are now locked out of their accounts through no fault of their own. This is not ok, ZOS.

I feel the same way. Under normal circumstances, I would have been chomping at the bit to get into the test server to see all the new things. I've tested every single patch in this game on the day the patch dropped on the PTS for the last 5 years. But soon after the patch dropped, I was pulled away from clicking "play" because my dog was begging me to go outside and play, and who am I to deny him? I was that close to being one of the people dealing with this right now.

I really do feel for everyone affected, especially since those of us who are dedicated enough to do all of the testing that needs to be done really do love this game with all of our hearts. I'm shaken by how close I came to being among those who are locked out. They deserve better, and I hope they are compensated for all the days of missing rewards like endeavors, confetti, tickets, and any crowns or style pages they might have lost in the process of the rollback on their accounts.

Please make it right, ZOS. Your testers don't deserve this.

Choosing not to go onto the test server is a mature and logical choice given the circumstances. When you get burned by fire, one does not stick ones hand back into the flames.

It feels like a punishment to many, because all they wanted to do was help to test the new content, or preview housing and other items of interest. Let them have their emotions and vent them, other peoples feelings are not yours to manage. Trying to put a cork in a bottle that has already begun to overflow is only going to conflate the issue and make it explode. People will calm down themselves as more information arises.

Right now, they just need to vent. I get that. I'd be saying some of the exact same things they are if I were in their shoes right now. As things get sorted out, feelings will shift and change. And if they don't- I'd understand that too. Some things are just the straw that broke the camels back.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
    Options
  • treadwyckb14a_ESO
    treadwyckb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I never even logged into the PTS, but I did create a character and play around on the EU server while the NA server was down. Now I get an error when I attempt to login; "Login Failed, your username or password may be incorrect or inactive at this time".

I assume that'll be resolved around 2 PM when the account maintenance is done?

Not really irritated about it; I usually play for ~30 minutes during my lunch break during the day, I just hope its resolved by this evening.
    Options
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was playing a couple of hours ago but now locked out both servers - never been on the PTS server btw.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In mere percentage terms sure, but odds go up if it's an activity that you do on a frequent basis.

I have been on the receiving end of several suspensions and lock outs due to what was innocent activity. And it's not fun, and I got nothing more than an apology.
    Options
  • elocinsere
    elocinsere
    ✭✭
    I also got the email. I was checking out houses on the pts and wanted to explore the new zone. I’m kicking myself for that because now I’m missing out on event drops and tickets, daily endeavors, and my eso sub got dropped. I truly hope they get the issue sorted out soon and that those that abused the pts dupes get held accountable.
    Options
  • thiste
    thiste
    ✭✭✭
    I played yesterday on EU and NA, I played today on EU and NA (afternoon for me, morning probably for NA players). I never connected to the PTS in the last few days. Honestly I don't even have the PTS installed on my computer.

I just tried to login to NA and it says my account is locked. I understand Gina wrote that accounts that have logged into the PTS before the issue should be mostly affected. I don't really understand why my account is included in that... even though I understand well that a technical issue on the scale of what happened yesterday warrants important measures.

Let's hope things get under control & resolved asap. It's important for me to complete endeavors and I couldn't do that today...
    Options