The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Very odd disappearing Grandmaster blacksmithing station

• g0thiCiCecReaM
    This happens with the armory station quite a lot actually. If you have crafting stations or armory stations placed too close to the walls in certain houses they will disappear until log out or you retrieve them and replace them. This also happens with the storage chests too. I have it happen in one of the little side rooms in pantherfang from time to time and the alinor crest townhouse. This is most noticeable if you are not the owner of the house.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I have my master crafting stations at Doomchar Plateau, not by any walls or at the edge of building space or anything. I’ve had the Master Blacksmith Station since shortly after U40 in its current location and never had any issues with it, visibility or otherwise. Since U41, it is sometimes mostly invisible (as in the OP), sometimes completely visible. I have not attempted to move or pickup and replace it. It can be invisible when I log in and visible when I return to the house later (without relogging).
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue for me as OP describes, started after U41.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI I have the same problem as well, but of note I don't have the Essential Housing Tools addon installed.
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    Yeah this is not addon related for sure, I reported this bug a few times a couple years ago before I even started using addons. It got "improved" around update 38 or 39, still happened occasionally but much, much less often.
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    As a side note, this only seems to happen to objects that have interactions, but only objects where their interactions that are disabled by being too close to other objects, namely crafting stations (and storage). When you place a crafting station too close to something it disables the ability to interact with it (green/yellow glow while placing it), something to do with interaction menu detection and bounding box of the object. I'm wondering if the same collision detection is causing it to pop under/outside of the terrain when the zone loads (most likely the cause) - but only for some clients. I've seen this behavior where I can still see and interact with some objects, but others in the house can't even see them. If I nudge them just a little bit, they appear for the other people in the house.
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of note, this was not a problem before the last update and only affects the GM blacksmith station. You can still interact with this station regardless of which state it's in.
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    Of note, this was not a problem before the last update and only affects the GM blacksmith station. You can still interact with this station regardless of which state it's in.

No it's affecting pretty much all crafting stations, armory stations and storage boxes, we had some people reporting things other than the grand master blacksmith station missing last night in our guild hall. Stuff was also only missing for some people, other people in the house could still see them.
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    no update on the current patch notes :'(
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone come up with a fix for this? u41 didn't fix it for me
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    has anyone come up with a fix for this? u41 didn't fix it for me

since the last incremental patch, the grand smithing station in my house seems to render more reliably now, havent had it be "invisible" since monday at least
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • old_scopie1945
    old_scopie1945
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still acting up. When I log in, all my characters are in my house and the GM Blacksmith station is still kaput. If I travel to my house in game and I enter from outside I works just fine. When I port directly to my house is when it acts up.
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    Mine is still broken, regardless of how I port into my house it's still only partially there.
  • Sachsen71
    Sachsen71
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for reporting this issue with the disappearing grandmaster blacksmith stations. We have a bug in for this and are investigating solutions.

Bump. Still broken, no updates since March 20th.
  • Sachsen71
    Sachsen71
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. Still broken, no updates since March 20th.

@ZOS_Kevin