The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Very odd disappearing Grandmaster blacksmithing station

athena9205
athena9205
✭✭✭
My station keeps disappearing whenever i leave the house, the only way to bring it back into sight is to remove then undo the removal, or just replace it back into position. I tried moving it to a new house and same thing happened. I have one attunable loaded into it, the orders wrath set. xkoecp9c4z8q.png
i dulfsge5ugvs.png
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    had chests disappear on that same toon, relogged to a new toon and chests came back but not the station. visitors said they could see the station and chests so its a visual bug on my end.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Master Blacksmithing Station was invisible too last night, just like in your screenshots, but still useable. I would have reported it but it was visible when I came back to my crafting house later before logging off.

I’ve come across other glitches too since U41, like sections of the stairs before the entryway missing from Bastion Sanguinaris. :(
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 13 March 2024 23:58
  • dosco
    dosco
    ✭✭✭
    My master blacksmithing station is also disappearing and reappearing since U41, as are my storage chests.
  • MsOblivyous
    MsOblivyous
    ✭✭
    Mine is also having this problem.

• athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    ... just realized i was going to repeat myself...
    Edited by athena9205 on 14 March 2024 22:08
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Third day logging in to an invisible Master Blacksmithing Station… At least it is still useable but I would rather be able to view it as well!
  • ceregorn_eso
    ceregorn_eso
    Soul Shriven
    I just submitted a bug report about this very same issue with the same grandmaster station in my house.
  • Akino
    Akino
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, went to my friend's place to do some crafting just to notice that the Grandmaster Blacksmithing Station has gone shy.
    Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness.
    ※Masamune Date※
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    so its not just the owners visuals that are messed up.
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the issue is selective for different accounts i'd suggest to clear yours GPU shaders cache.
    there are several steps to proceed (assuming you run ESO on a Windows PC)

1) ensure your OS is in good health:
    1a run Windows update (cmd -> wuauclt /detectnow -> control panel -> updates & security -> windows updates)
    1b check system drive integrity (cmd -> chkdsk c: /f -> shutrdown /r /t 0)
    1c check Windows integrity (cmd -> sfc /scannow)

2) ensure your ESO is in goof health
    2a ESO Launcher -> Game Options -> repair
    2b clear ESO shaders cache. locate the ShaderCache.cooked file (normally it is in Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live folder) and rename it into anything meaningful like ShaderCache.bak. Launch the game it will re-create the file.

3) clear your DirectX Shaders cache
    cmd -> cleanmgr -> C: -> checkmark DirectX Shader Cache -> OK

4) clear your GPU shaders cache. The exact procedure differs for NVidia/AMD/Intel
    this require several steps https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=english&id=3155144200
    (though for me clearing the content of NV_Cache folder with no other steps also works fine)

5) Optional step: upgrade your GPU Drivers. This is rather controversial advise as some versions are not stable enough
    i use NVidia and use Studio, but not Gaming 551.23 drivers, which were the best for my local LLMsand OKayish for ESO

all in all this takes like half an hour.
    i would still suggest to make a backup inbefore, though these procedures are not much dangerous.
    PC EU
  • Akino
    Akino
    ✭✭✭
    As an update, my friend, the owner of the place said that before she went off yesterday it was still there but when she checked it today it has also become like this for her, and her brother who has decorating permission is also experiencing the same.

I also did the suggested technical procedures above but, only step 3 and 4 freshly installed and updated OS and drivers a few days before the patch. I also made a habit of deleting the ShaderCache.cooked file every major update since Elsweyr, because I find it that my game initially loads faster after the update when it recreates the file rather than just leaving the old one which often leaves me in a loading screen of about half an hour.

Anyway after doing those, it still is a shy crafting station. Nevertheless thank, I have acquired knowledge that I can use in the future if ever I need to clean my PC's shader cache.
    Rectitude carried to excess hardens into stiffness; benevolence indulged beyond measure sinks into weakness.
    ※Masamune Date※
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akino, does relocating the station have any effect?
    there were interesting issues in my housings with the ordinary crafting stations, which, during placing them were indicated green, but after placing them - the highlight in housing editor turned yellow and they became uninteractable.
    Merchant assistant got invisible, while placed near house wall, which makes me suspect the actual geometry housing items have slightly differs from the displayed one and this might cause some mystical glitches.
    Also, i hope you have opened a support ticket, maybe Zenimax wizards could resolve this unfortunate mystery?
    PC EU
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a whole new computer, now Win 11 instead of 7, and exact same issue with Master Blacksmithing Station sometimes visible, sometimes not. I can’t believe it is a client problem.
  • LouisaB75
    LouisaB75
    ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Only happening since the latest update.
  • Akino
    Akino
    ✭✭✭
    They both tried relocating it, and that had no effect. The owner tried putting it away and back, then it was visible again.
    But after leaving the home instance to do some activity it was invisible again with only the peripherals visible just like in the images above.
    ※Masamune Date※
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    my GM station returned after no work on my part. Likely something glitchy on server side
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    ok i think it is EHT essential housing tools. I removed all addons and (reloadui does not change the station, only logging) logged out and back and the station returned. I added EHT and relogged and it disapeared.
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    EHT requires 3 others: Essential Housing Community, HousingHub and LibAddonMenu-2.0
    I tested each of those 3 without turning on EHT itself and the station remains. But with it on the station disappears.
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    EHT was last updated 3-12-2023 so perhaps there is a programming glitch with the new stuff. Guess we just have to deal with it until the author updates the addon.
  • Akino
    Akino
    ✭✭✭
    In my case I do not have EHT, and the only common Library file that we have is LibAddonMenu-2.0. Since I am too lazy, I decided to just clear the whole Live folder under Documents/Elder Scrolls Online for the game to rebuild everything for me (I made backup of the original files). But even that had no effects.

For the owner of the house, it seems to be back again, at least; they also have no EHT. So, I reckon, we may all concluded that whatever causes the Station to disappear is different per individual. Well, at least it is useable, and I believe it will resolve itself in time; U41 is one of them bumpy roads. Hahaha
    Edited by Akino on 18 March 2024 03:42
    ※Masamune Date※
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It my show up if you load though the door of your house. For some reason it shows up when I fast travel from inside outlaw refuge.
    Edited by jmgrant44ub17_ESO on 24 March 2024 21:11
  • Oakberry
    Oakberry
    ✭✭
    Just chiming in to say I've also been having the same issue and also have EHT installed. While the station made a brief return the other day, it's back to being mostly invisible.
    @Oakberry PC | NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the grand smithing station being mostly invisible is not an addon issue (i have no housing addons at all and its invisible for me)

at least the table is still useable even if its graphically bugged lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi all, thanks for reporting this issue with the disappearing grandmaster blacksmith stations. We have a bug in for this and are investigating solutions.
    Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 20 March 2024 18:26
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »
    had chests disappear on that same toon, relogged to a new toon and chests came back but not the station. visitors said they could see the station and chests so its a visual bug on my end.

Chest disappearance is a different issue. When that happens, the chest will spawn a few hundred meters below the ground. If you go into the housing editor, you will still see the chests, but the editor will say that the chest is located several hundred meters below you. What's strange about the chest thing is that not everyone who ports into the house will see it. One person might see that it's right there, in the correct location, and another might see that it's buried in Narnia. (And if both players have edit permissions, the housing editor will report different locations/distances to each player.)
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    2) ensure your ESO is in goof health

Was that a typo, or intentional? ;)

I'm glad someone was able to figure out that it's the Essential Housing Tools addon.

Hopefully the addon author and ZOS can work together to figure out the exact cause and fix it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Eclipse318
    Eclipse318
    ✭✭✭
    Same. Sometimes it's completely invisible, sometimes it's only the pieces shown above. It can still be interacted with in this state. I have no housing addons, running on PC NA. Repositioning it works temporarily, then if I go out/in the house (either by the door or by porting) it's invisible or semi-invisible again. Reload UI doesn't fix it. Been doing this for a few days.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eclipse318 wrote: »
    Same. Sometimes it's completely invisible, sometimes it's only the pieces shown above. It can still be interacted with in this state. I have no housing addons, running on PC NA. Repositioning it works temporarily, then if I go out/in the house (either by the door or by porting) it's invisible or semi-invisible again. Reload UI doesn't fix it. Been doing this for a few days.

ive noticed it since at least the scions of ithelia DLC release (U41)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have this problem too. i just found this post. i had made a post of my own about it the other day, but now that i see this one, i'll add my two cents to the post and request to have my other post removed. hopefully they'll have a fix soon and looks like they're working on it
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's my original post with screenshot:

see photo at link. it reappears if you re-place it. (thx btw for introducing these stations, guild halls look so much better)

https://imgur.com/a/ErscrAz
    PC - EU - Steam client