Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

[SUGGESTION] How to make pvp events accessible to non pvp players

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Players who mainly PvP will leave you alone most the time. In Cyrodiil they are not going to be around delves and daily quest givers unless it is to flip flags. They can't get your Telvar in Cyrodiil and in Imperial City you aren't targeted by PvPrs for your Telvar. You don't carry enough to make that a consideration.
    The players that sit at turn in sites are frustrated PvErs that take advantage of the event to get a few kills. In Imperial City if you let your faction know there is a camper they will usually get popped fairly quick unless the instance is really low on population.
    There are quests in Imperial City you can do without leaving your home base. You just need a ranged attack. As others have pointed out this is a PvP event. If you want the tickets you have to chance you might encounter enemy players. That is just part of the event.
    Doesn't help you now but if you have several characters you can pre-load quests before the event so all you need to do is turn in when the event starts.
    Katheriah wrote: »
    Every Midyear people ask this question. Just stop. Nobody is entitled to the easy way out.

If you don't want to be cannon fodder, do the quests earlier or just go tanky and group up.

[snip]

?

The time it takes to do the quests earlier is often less, as a whole, than the time it takes to do even 1 quest during the event.

Like really, you can do all 6 quests the day before the event started in like 30 minutes. Or like, 2 weeks before. Or peppered here and there each day leading to the event.

Also, this idea of shaming players for budgeting their free time better than you is absurd.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 1 July 2023 17:05
    Options
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Let's do a thought exercise.

"I hate trials but I want the rewards that come from trials, so I want ZOS to give me invulnerability for a 1-time-per-day solo trial run where I can't die to the trial mobs so I can get the drops".

Ridiculous sounding, right?

That's comparing apples to pears.

There is not one single trial event where you get tickets for completing a trial.

Changing the word "trials" to "dungeons" doesn't reduce the ridiculousness of the statement. It's asinine that 90% of the events in the game are PvE oriented, and yet somehow the forums are still flooded with these posts every Midyear.

Not enjoying or excelling at PvP doesn't mean you should get the rewards of a PvP event for no effort.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 30 June 2023 19:18
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"I hate trials but I want the rewards that come from trials, so I want ZOS to give me invulnerability for a 1-time-per-day solo trial run where I can't die to the trial mobs so I can get the drops".

There is not one single trial event where you get tickets for completing a trial.

thats not entirely true, there is the potential to get them with the witches festival

on that event you get tickets with your first gold skull each day, there is a gold skull for doing a trial

(technically speaking i know its not the only way to get the tickets for that event, but it is possible to get tickets from a trial)

for the main topic, the largest most glaring problem with basically making yourself a ghost in cyro is that your still taking up a population slot in an already very limited population environment

every person who is there trying to do quests is also taking away from the population of those who actually want to pvp

im not a huge pvper, but i can see where the obvious problems are, there are times ive only been in cyro doing town quests, but i certainly dont go to a poplocked campaign to do that, i go to a poplocked campaign to actually try to earn AP, but there are many times im in a campaign considered poplocked and theres no action going on the map because likely half of the players are either afk at base or doing "pve stuff" (town quests, other random quest in cyro, harvesting, etc)

this normally wasnt a real issue way back in the day, both when pop caps were higher and there were more campaigns so each faction had one they could "own" to actually do the pve stuff
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats not entirely true, there is the potential to get them with the witches festival

on that event you get tickets with your first gold skull each day, there is a gold skull for doing a trial

(technically speaking i know its not the only way to get the tickets for that event, but it is possible to get tickets from a trial)

for the main topic, the largest most glaring problem with basically making yourself a ghost in cyro is that your still taking up a population slot in an already very limited population environment

every person who is there trying to do quests is also taking away from the population of those who actually want to pvp

im not a huge pvper, but i can see where the obvious problems are, there are times ive only been in cyro doing town quests, but i certainly dont go to a poplocked campaign to do that, i go to a poplocked campaign to actually try to earn AP, but there are many times im in a campaign considered poplocked and theres no action going on the map because likely half of the players are either afk at base or doing "pve stuff" (town quests, other random quest in cyro, harvesting, etc)

this normally wasnt a real issue way back in the day, both when pop caps were higher and there were more campaigns so each faction had one they could "own" to actually do the pve stuff

Ok technically that might be and I was not precise enough: There is NOT ONE SINGLE pve event where you are forced to complete a trial for a ticket.

I am now again trying to get that one ticket from IC. As usual at daytime my alliance is outnumbered. One enemy faction runs thru all districts as a kill-em-all ball. Even a pvp build will not help here. It is a pain to get one quest complete for that one ticket. Specifically when you have to spawn at whatever point and not the original district upon death. I usually circle around all districts twice or more this way to finish one darn quest. This costs a huge amount of time.

All I ask is to make it more accessible to pve players just like pve events are accessible to all players including pvp players.

I made a suggestion. Nothing more. I made no demand or request. A simple suggestion. It may not be a sound suggestion, I can admit that. All I ask in return is that people at least accept that this is an issue and a solution would be nice to implement. And no it is not a solution to do the quests before event start. It is just a work around, not a solution.
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on 1 July 2023 09:11
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    That would basically break Cyrodil. As opposing alliance players will log into the other alliance on throw away accounts and flag as invulnerable and decrease the population on the opposing alliances actually able to fight.

And, a player's dislike for PVP shouldn't entitle them to PVP related event rewards without doing the requisite PVP risk related activities. Same with any other event that includes areas in the game that some players do not care for.

This is a PVP event.

Yeah, and all the PvPler enjoy the cannon fodder. I understand that. it is basically tel'var stones for free.

with respect to your concerns: invulnerable players would of course not count on the stack. As they are of no use for pvp activities they would not impact performance a lot because they will just do the delve quests etc.

They’ve reduced the cyrodiil population cap at least three times because the servers can’t handle the existence of that many people in one instance. They removed deer and torchbugs from cyrodiil, to reduce strain on the server. There is no world in which zeni can successfully implement what you propose, and have additional people in the instance but not counting towards the cap, and as you say “not impact performance much”. Literally zero percent chance of that happening.

I understand that it’s frustrating to have events centered around an activity you have no interest in. I appreciate your creative approach to working around this. But this is literally the only event for the pvp community. Either participate, or just sit it out. It’s not cool to say “this is the one thing in this entire game that’s not about me. How can I change that?”
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before the event, you can go to IC or Cyro in off-times of the day and collect the quest without encountering anyone pretty much, and then wait to submit them when the event starts. They take 5 minutes each, and besides this year, mayhem events are spaced months apart so there's plenty of time to prepare in aadvance. If you do this on multiple characters you are pretty much set for the tickets. There are a lot of builds out there for invisibility and speed, so you can do the quests a lot quicker and safe if you choose to use them. This is a PvP event and it shouldn't change in nature just because some players don't enjoy it, the same way that other events shouldn't change just because other players don't enjoy them. No matter your completionism wishes, participation is optional, and rewards require certain effort/activities.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am now again trying to get that one ticket from IC. As usual at daytime my alliance is outnumbered. One enemy faction runs thru all districts as a kill-em-all ball. Even a pvp build will not help here. It is a pain to get one quest complete for that one ticket. Specifically when you have to spawn at whatever point and not the original district upon death. I usually circle around all districts twice or more this way to finish one darn quest. This costs a huge amount of time.

I strongly suggest picking up all the daily quests from your base before you jump down into the districts. You'll have to pop up and down the ladders multiple times, which is annoying, but in return you'll be able to get started working on a different daily when you die instead of having to circle around back to your original quest. Its nowhere near as straightforward as PVE questing, but as long as you keep trying, you'll finish one of the quests eventually. Sometimes I do a lot of complete one stage -> die -> complete one stage of a different quest -> die -> complete a different stage, and so on. PvPvE questing requires persistence and perserverance.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I strongly suggest picking up all the daily quests from your base before you jump down into the districts. You'll have to pop up and down the ladders multiple times, which is annoying, but in return you'll be able to get started working on a different daily when you die instead of having to circle around back to your original quest. Its nowhere near as straightforward as PVE questing, but as long as you keep trying, you'll finish one of the quests eventually. Sometimes I do a lot of complete one stage -> die -> complete one stage of a different quest -> die -> complete a different stage, and so on. PvPvE questing requires persistence and perserverance.

Thank you for this constructive and helpful answer! Also a comforting change from some of the more toxic posts before.
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on 1 July 2023 13:24
    Options
  • Twig_Garlicshine
    Twig_Garlicshine
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voice in my head: "Oh god, not another event where I'm being forced to pve."

Me out loud: "Oh well good for the pvers, they only get like 2 pve focussed events -- per month. "

Lots of events and things in game I just sit out because I don't like doing them.
    Nothing is --truly-- mandatory in this game,
    do the things you enjoy.
    Options
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a suggestion. Nothing more. I made no demand or request. A simple suggestion. It may not be a sound suggestion, I can admit that. All I ask in return is that people at least accept that this is an issue and a solution would be nice to implement. And no it is not a solution to do the quests before event start. It is just a work around, not a solution.

What basically everyone in this thread is trying to tell you, is that it is not an issue and does not need any changes.

If you want to get rewards from the 2 PvP events we have in a year you are going to either have to learn how to pvp properly or accept that its not going to be easy to get the rewards.
    Almost all events in the game are designed for PvE mainly and you can get a ton of tickets from those. I barely ever take part in those events, because i absolutely do not enjoy doing PvE in this game. Stop trying to get the few events changed that are still actually fun for players who do want to play PvP.

PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    That would basically break Cyrodil. As opposing alliance players will log into the other alliance on throw away accounts and flag as invulnerable and decrease the population on the opposing alliances actually able to fight.

And, a player's dislike for PVP shouldn't entitle them to PVP related event rewards without doing the requisite PVP risk related activities. Same with any other event that includes areas in the game that some players do not care for.

This is a PVP event.

Yeah, and all the PvPler enjoy the cannon fodder. I understand that. it is basically tel'var stones for free.

with respect to your concerns: invulnerable players would of course not count on the stack. As they are of no use for pvp activities they would not impact performance a lot because they will just do the delve quests etc.

They’ve reduced the cyrodiil population cap at least three times because the servers can’t handle the existence of that many people in one instance. They removed deer and torchbugs from cyrodiil, to reduce strain on the server. There is no world in which zeni can successfully implement what you propose, and have additional people in the instance but not counting towards the cap, and as you say “not impact performance much”. Literally zero percent chance of that happening.

I understand that it’s frustrating to have events centered around an activity you have no interest in. I appreciate your creative approach to working around this. But this is literally the only event for the pvp community. Either participate, or just sit it out. It’s not cool to say “this is the one thing in this entire game that’s not about me. How can I change that?”

[snip]

Perhaps with some self-reflection and openness and a willingness to accept that I may be right. That it’s inherently selfish to want an event changed for others simply because you don’t enjoy it.

Not every event will suit the tastes and play style preferences of every player, and that’s ok.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 1 July 2023 17:07
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

What basically everyone in this thread is trying to tell you, is that it is not an issue and does not need any changes.

If you want to get rewards from the 2 PvP events we have in a year you are going to either have to learn how to pvp properly or accept that its not going to be easy to get the rewards.
    Almost all events in the game are designed for PvE mainly and you can get a ton of tickets from those. I barely ever take part in those events, because i absolutely do not enjoy doing PvE in this game. Stop trying to get the few events changed that are still actually fun for players who do want to play PvP.

But you understand that part of the collectibles are not identical for each event? It is not about the tickets, it's what you can buy with the tickets.

And again:
    If a player choses not to participate in an event because s/he is not interested in either the event or the collectibles it's that player's choice.

If a player however wishes to participate in a specific event and the threshold is higher than for that event than you see an issue from that player's perspective? Just because some players do not consider it as an issue for themselves does not negate it being an issue for others. That is not difficult to comprehend.

I also don't understand why some are so opposed to the idea the level the threshold? Why? Please explain me why pvp events should be primarily accessible to pvp players only?

If so what those same people think if the threshold for pve events would be equally raised for pvp players?
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ???

ESO is a product that has been bought by almost all players at a time. How doesn't this earn any entitlement with respect to accessibility?

Please elaborate.

I am not asking to get an olympic gold metal.

I am not even asking to give away the tickets for zero effort.

I am simply requesting to even the threshold for tickets between pvp and pve events.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ???

ESO is a product that has been bought by almost all players at a time. How doesn't this earn any entitlement with respect to accessibility?

Please elaborate.

I am not asking to get an olympic gold metal.

I am not even asking to give away the tickets for zero effort.

I am simply requesting to even the threshold for tickets between pvp and pve events.

The problem with your suggestion is, that it would destroy PvP zones for PvPers during the event. I think most people wouldn't mind a solution which doesn't affect said zones. But invulnerability in cyro and IC is simply a bad idea.

It's not toxic to oppose this suggestion.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fine with being opposed to this suggestion. I think you cite good reasons.

I am happy with any other solution that is going in the direction of what I initially wanted to achieve with my suggestion.

But it is toxic to accuse me of egocentrism or attack me in other ways as some did in this thread. And I don't have to accept that.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. This is a reminder to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Please keep our Community Rules in mind moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I also don't understand why some are so opposed to the idea the level the threshold? Why? Please explain me why pvp events should be primarily accessible to pvp players only?

If so what those same people think if the threshold for pve events would be equally raised for pvp players?

Midyear Mayhem isn't primarily accessible to PVP players only, unless by that you mean you want to get the rewards from a PVP-centric event without any risk of PVP whatsoever. in which case, yeah, can't do that.

I know I already posted my guide with advice for how to do this, but there's lots of ways that primarily PVE players can get their event tickets so long as they're prepared to avoid fights, fight, or die and try again during the Imperial City and Cyrodiil dailies. You can get in and get out with relatively little investment or experience.

Heck, there's even two battleground dailies that don't require winning.

But lets say you want to get the rewards that aren't event tickets, like by killing the Imperial City bosses. One piece of advice I give is there's "strength in numbers" and "PVP is fun when you have an army." There's probably lots of primarily PVE players who also want those rewards in your guilds or even running around in IC that you could try to recruit or team up with. I've had some great nights during these events teaming up with guildmates to run around the districts. While we died at times, dying with friends makes it a lot more fun.

I'm also not sure what you expect from raising the threshold for PVE events. Most PVPers are also PVEers...so unless you're suggesting that we cut out all the many PVEers who never run trials, I don't know what practical point you're making.
    Options
  • lexicondevil99
    lexicondevil99
    ✭✭✭
    Invulnerable players would HAVE to count against the population. ZOS didn't limit pop for funsies, they did it because the servers can't handle more players.

It has been said many times in this thread, and in every one of the dozens of nearly identical threads that appear like clockwork the two times a year when ZOS throws a couple crumbs to PvP players. You don't have to PvP. You can sit these events out. I never do the new life festival stuff because it is annoying and repetitive, and yet I live a rich and fulfilling life. You can simply wait for one of the 37 PvE focused events to get your tickets.
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While PVP can be frustrating for PVEers who simply want to go in and get some tickets, I was reminded yesterday that it can also adversely impact PVPers (besides long queues, unusually large mobs, increased lag, etc.).

I was in a Cyrodiil delve to kill a delve boss for my AP bonus, saw an enemy player fighting a mob and went the other way. This guy came after me and didn't hesitate to kill me, even though I didn't attack him. More often than not, PVPers understand why you are there and will avoid, even go out of their way, to avoid a fight. They know why you are there, and they are generally there for the same reason. Yes, there is some chivalry in PVP.

Please remember that PVE has events every year that PVPers hate as much as you hate this.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Loooree
    Loooree
    ✭✭✭
    I will write a really complex pve guide to this event
    1. Log on DC character
    2. Go to fort rayles, then to Chorrol
    3. Do "kill 4 atros quest" or "kill 1 mob having 90k hp quest"
    4. Get your 2 tickets for spending 2 minutes in Cyrodiil
    5. Port IC (pick campaign that has lowest enemy population possible)
    6. Elven Garden
    7. Do the quest (you don't need to dismount to burn ballistas and you don't need to dismount to sabotage forge)

Congrats, you got 3 tickets for 5 minutes work. If you want it to be midyear mayhem can be literally a PvE event. I don't know how can it be more accessible to PvE players.

I wish it was maybe 10x harder to get the tickets but well xd it is what it is.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invulnerable players would HAVE to count against the population. ZOS didn't limit pop for funsies, they did it because the servers can't handle more players.

It has been said many times in this thread, and in every one of the dozens of nearly identical threads that appear like clockwork the two times a year when ZOS throws a couple crumbs to PvP players. You don't have to PvP. You can sit these events out. I never do the new life festival stuff because it is annoying and repetitive, and yet I live a rich and fulfilling life. You can simply wait for one of the 37 PvE focused events to get your tickets.

As I have a good memory it is principally enough to read a specific argument once in the same thread ;-)

or to say it with the words of my favorite Bavarian comedian: "Everything has already been said but not yet by everybody." :P
    Options
  • lexicondevil99
    lexicondevil99
    ✭✭✭

As I have a good memory it is principally enough to read a specific argument once in the same thread ;-)

or to say it with the words of my favorite Bavarian comedian: "Everything has already been said but not yet by everybody." :P

Sow the wind and all that. ;P
    Options
  • ProudMary
    ProudMary
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing what so ever restricting access to PvP content in the first place.

If a player doesn't want to PvP and still get tickets during PvP event just go to one of the six extra campaigns set up just for this reason and do a town quest that takes about 2 minutes.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No change is necessary.

Besides the design of PvP events working as intended, it’s extreemly easy to get the tickets on Cyrodiil without seeing any PvP. Members of one of my guilds, ones that want to avoid PvP, go into one of the low pop campaigns and does one the the PvE quests.

I’ve not seen one complain about getting killed or seeing PvP.

Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    This conversation happens every Midyear Mayhem. Just do your quests early or off prime time, find a group of players, make a pvp build, go into instances where your alliance is winning, be a nightblade, or just skip the event.

Or do what I do and just jump in and die a lot. It's only a game, and unless you're in IC you can't lose anything but a bit of time by dying-- and if you are in IC, learn how to queue for Cyrodiil for a quick escape, then bank all of your TV before you go back into the IC districts or sewers.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loooree wrote: »
    I will write a really complex pve guide to this event
    1. Log on DC character
    2. Go to fort rayles, then to Chorrol
    3. Do "kill 4 atros quest" or "kill 1 mob having 90k hp quest"
    4. Get your 2 tickets for spending 2 minutes in Cyrodiil
    5. Port IC (pick campaign that has lowest enemy population possible)
    6. Elven Garden
    7. Do the quest (you don't need to dismount to burn ballistas and you don't need to dismount to sabotage forge)

Congrats, you got 3 tickets for 5 minutes work. If you want it to be midyear mayhem can be literally a PvE event. I don't know how can it be more accessible to PvE players.

I wish it was maybe 10x harder to get the tickets but well xd it is what it is.

What is the "kill 1 mob having 90k hp quest"? Or were you intending that to be a comical/sarcastic description of the "kill 4 atros quest"?

In any case, the fire atronach quest probably is the easiest one, and the southern DC gate is probably the closest one to a non-flag PvE quest city, so that's good advice. EP's southern gate is a good bit farther from Cheydinhal, and AD's gates are close to... nothing at all! The only PvE quest city in AD's home territory is Vlastarus, which is a flag city like Bruma (in DC's home territory) and Cropsford (in EP's home territory), so AD is arguably the worst alliance to log into Cyrodiil as if you're a pure PvE player looking to get event tickets.

I mentioned the distance from the alliances' gates because the keep nearest any given PvE quest city might be controlled by an enemy alliance-- and even if it's controlled by your alliance, it might not be connected to your home base by the transitus network-- so your only option might be to hop on your mount, ride through a gate, and make haste to whichever city you've chosen to do a PvE quest for.

As for the Elven Gardens daily quest, you can remain mounted while burning ballistae and sabotaging the forge, but you do need to dismount to grab a barrel of tar, so it helps to be familiar with where the nearest barrels of tar can be found and which one will be the easiest to grab.
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvE player, here, I’m hopeless at PvP. Still, I always do the PvP events, and the quests linked above (burn the ballistae in IC Elven Gardens and kill 4 atronachs in Chorral, Cyrodiil) are super quick and easy. After turning in the atronach-killing quests, you can jump into the lava, die, and get death ported back to home base.

If you’re DC and you have Bruma, the quests there are fast and easy, too. Especially the “close 3 portals inside the house” one. A bit more chance of getting ganked, but who cares? Again, if killed, death port out.

There are similar short, easy quests at all the alliance quest hub towns. Or you can do a scouting quest. The number of times I’ve ever been ganked while scouting is close to zero. Takes longer, but you see some great scenery!

And, bonus, if you get level 1 rank worth of AP in your home campaign, it’s worth 50 crystals at the end of the month. I do it by mending walls in keeps owned by your alliance. No PvP necessary.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as the Imperial City district dailies, I actually think that the Arboretum quest might be the easiest-- or at least possibly the fastest-- one to complete if you're hopelessly bad at PvP and can't keep from being killed by enemy players. The objective is to kill 5 daedroths or flame atronachs, as well as recover 8 Imperial documents by killing the Dremora. There are usually as many as 4 daedroths and flame atronachs near your spawn-in point, as well as half a dozen Dremora, so you can usually kill a few daedroths/fire atronachs and recover a few documents pretty quickly after jumping down from the safe ledge. If you get killed but respawn in another district, just go back down to your base, bank any Tel Var you might have on you, then go back up to the Arboretum district to continue. Since there are no specific objectives throughout the district, you don't need to worry about having to make it back to wherever the next objective was before you got killed; you can just continue killing daedroths, flame atronachs, and Dremora in the area below your spawn-in point. Eventually you should be able to get the required number of kills and recovered documents, then either queue for Cyrodiil and back or just let yourself get killed so you can get a quick blood port back to your base to turn in the quest.

It might not be as painless as the Arena district daily, but it will probably involve less standing around waiting for respawns.
    Options
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a PvE player who avoids PvP areas outside of these events. Even more relevant, I think, is the fact that I'm a solo-content player who rarely even touches arenas, much less dungeons or trials. I quest, I explore, I collect things, I decorate my homes, I play fashion scrolls, and I update the wiki. I die any time another player so much as throws an evil glance in my direction.

I appreciate that this game is made with the goal of allowing a multitude of playstyles to flourish. That means that sometimes content and events will fit my playstyle and sometimes they won't. I understand the importance of these events for PvPers who, from what I gather reading the forums, feel like they have largely been overlooked by the devs in recent years.

While it takes me more time and effort to earn event tickets and rewards in PvP events than it does in some of the other events, I usually don't find it unmanageable. I have an AD character who has slowly been working on collecting and completing all the locations in Cyrodiil, usually just during events. I did every town daily with her a long time ago for the stories, so I typically avoid them now unless I have an endeavor there and it's less objectionable than my other endeavors. As someone mentioned above AD doesn't have a lot of close towns anyway (and while collecting, I refuse to play any other characters in Cyrodiil thanks to AWA). I usually have her do a scouting quest I haven't done before. I enjoy the scenery, and I can outrun an aggressive player most of the time as long as I stay mounted on the journey. I also have one of each of the other quest types active in case an opportunity presents itself to complete one of those based on the state of the map. I have occasionally run into a large group of allies and actually followed them around a little bit, contributing what measly damage and healing I could (and often still dying). Sometimes I even enjoyed myself. Overall, I think Cyrodiil is large enough that there are ways to avoid other players and still complete a quest, even if it takes a little travel time.

More often than not, the times when I've been most frustrated during PvP events were when I was trying to get my event ticket in Imperial City. I have a DC character I usually park there during these events because she has a tanky build (relative to my other characters). I try to collect several daily quests at a time. When DC has a lot of districts, I complete extra quests there and don't turn them in until the following days when I need more tickets. I don't typically enjoy Imperial City (although the storyline there is interesting, and I do wish more PvE and solo players could enjoy it). So far, during this particular event, I haven't had too much trouble. I can remember a previous event, though, which was especially frustrating. It seemed like DC was largely absent from Imperial City whenever I logged in, and every time I tried to do a daily, no matter which district, there was a camper there who killed me at the same step over and over. I also had a lot of work and real world obligations at that time, so my game time was more limited than it is right now. I get how annoying and unfair it can seem to feel forced to participate in PvP when all you want to do it collect your tickets and get off.

I feel I should also recognize that I'm primarily only interested in the three daily event tickets, and I don't feel it necessary to obtain every style page or other rewards from the event. I'm sure it's more of pain for solo players wanting the whole outfit or whatever other rewards are tied to the event that go-round.

All that being said, I don't think this event needs to be altered. Yes, it can be frustrating for players like me. Yes, it can take us more time than we want to spend in PvP zones while paranoid about being one-shotted every second. Yes, I get the OP's point that PvE event rewards are still easily achievable by PvPers. On the other hand, at least these rewards are not completely unachievable for any player. At least ZOS chose to tie event tickets to daily PvE quests, albeit within PvP zones. They could have said "kill 20 players to receive your tickets." Then I'd probably be on the OP's side and looking for an alternative solution (such as the current system).

The bottom line is this is an event primarily geared toward PvP players, which is one of the playstyles supported in this game, and I'm happy for them to have their event. The current system for collecting rewards during this event makes is possible, if not easy, for all players to participate. PvEers and solo players like me are not the focus of this event, and that's okay. I'm just glad I can still get my tickets when I find it worth sacrificing the time and effort. It could be made better for PvEers, but it could be made much worse too.
    Options
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And again:
    If a player choses not to participate in an event because s/he is not interested in either the event or the collectibles it's that player's choice.

If a player however wishes to participate in a specific event and the threshold is higher than for that event than you see an issue from that player's perspective? Just because some players do not consider it as an issue for themselves does not negate it being an issue for others. That is not difficult to comprehend.

In the same way that its your choice wether you want the collectibles from PvP badly enough to suffer through the "PvP" you have to do to get your tickets.
    The threshold for this event is barely higher than for any of the PvE events. The only thing you need to do is quests in PvP areas, which in most cases will barely involve any actual PvP.
    Also no one said that everything in the game has to be achievable for every player without those people willing to put in the work that is needed.

Because you are not talking about "leveling the threshold", you are talking about having PvE players going into a PvP zone without having any of the dangers that usually come with going to Cyro or IC. If you want to get rewards from a PvP zone you will have to expect PvP to happen, even if you dont like it.

I think that most of the content in the game, especially overland and questing should be made considerably harder.
    Because in my opinion one of the main reason that PvE players have such a hard time in PvP content is that you dont have to learn anything about how you properly play the game while doing overland and questing.
    You can complete almost anything aside from a few bosses in that content without ever wearing gear sets or even the need for more than 1 or 2 skills.

PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Options