The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SUGGESTION] How to make pvp events accessible to non pvp players

• CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    And again:
    If a player choses not to participate in an event because s/he is not interested in either the event or the collectibles it's that player's choice.

If a player however wishes to participate in a specific event and the threshold is higher than for that event than you see an issue from that player's perspective? Just because some players do not consider it as an issue for themselves does not negate it being an issue for others. That is not difficult to comprehend.

In the same way that its your choice wether you want the collectibles from PvP badly enough to suffer through the "PvP" you have to do to get your tickets.
    The threshold for this event is barely higher than for any of the PvE events. The only thing you need to do is quests in PvP areas, which in most cases will barely involve any actual PvP.
    Also no one said that everything in the game has to be achievable for every player without those people willing to put in the work that is needed.
    I also don't understand why some are so opposed to the idea the level the threshold? Why? Please explain me why pvp events should be primarily accessible to pvp players only?

Because you are not talking about "leveling the threshold", you are talking about having PvE players going into a PvP zone without having any of the dangers that usually come with going to Cyro or IC. If you want to get rewards from a PvP zone you will have to expect PvP to happen, even if you dont like it.

If so what those same people think if the threshold for pve events would be equally raised for pvp players?

I think that most of the content in the game, especially overland and questing should be made considerably harder.
    Because in my opinion one of the main reason that PvE players have such a hard time in PvP content is that you dont have to learn anything about how you properly play the game while doing overland and questing.
    You can complete almost anything aside from a few bosses in that content without ever wearing gear sets or even the need for more than 1 or 2 skills.

I'm glad someone said it.

Overland content is so much laughably easier than other content in the game that things like PvP and Trials seem insurmountable to some players as a result.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on 4 July 2023 16:17
    Options
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if it means removing people who are taking up spots in pvp who are miserable and don't want to be there, I don't really care if they had a PvE type zone. The idea as presented doesn't work, as people already explained. It's not really any impact to me in pvp if PvE players go somewhere else. Some people do try pvp because of the events and find out they like it, though.

Some people don't like the comparison being made for PvE stuff. As someone who finds PvE group stuff to be more toxic and ugh than I've experienced pvp to be, I suggest maybe some people be more open minded about suggestions for getting PvE things for people who hate that group content IF they're going to suggest things like this.
    Options
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't like Undaunted event and still forced to do it for tickets. If event is pvp you should play pvp or not play i it like i do most of the time while undaunted event is on. You just lose tickets thats all.
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    Honestly if it means removing people who are taking up spots in pvp who are miserable and don't want to be there, I don't really care if they had a PvE type zone. The idea as presented doesn't work, as people already explained. It's not really any impact to me in pvp if PvE players go somewhere else. Some people do try pvp because of the events and find out they like it, though.

Some people don't like the comparison being made for PvE stuff. As someone who finds PvE group stuff to be more toxic and ugh than I've experienced pvp to be, I suggest maybe some people be more open minded about suggestions for getting PvE things for people who hate that group content IF they're going to suggest things like this.

To be honest I really don't understand why some forists heated up so badly. It's a suggestion, maybe one that is not feasible or has drawbacks that render it less interesting. I can handle if people point this out and I can accept if a suggestion stales.
    What I think is terrible behavior is to get inflamatory replies by some who don't like it. If you don't like it it is your right and you can express this ideally supported by some good reasons. I am fine with it as long as it stays with the minimum of respect.

I am really astonished about so much lack of basic respect to fellow players out of nowhere by some just because of a suggestion which is not even a request. Simply a suggestion.
    Options
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing making PvP content inaccessible in the first place.
    Options
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest I really don't understand why some forists heated up so badly. It's a suggestion, maybe one that is not feasible or has drawbacks that render it less interesting. I can handle if people point this out and I can accept if a suggestion stales.
    What I think is terrible behavior is to get inflamatory replies by some who don't like it. If you don't like it it is your right and you can express this ideally supported by some good reasons. I am fine with it as long as it stays with the minimum of respect.

I am really astonished about so much lack of basic respect to fellow players out of nowhere by some just because of a suggestion which is not even a request. Simply a suggestion.

Its funny that you demand respect when you have been disrespecting the games PvP community in basically this entire thread.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just wear some impen, slot a heal, and be aware of your surroundings. Also crouch, can always sneak around fights.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jierdanit wrote: »

Its funny that you demand respect when you have been disrespecting the games PvP community in basically this entire thread.

Lol.
    This is entirely nonsense und absolutely invented by you.

Please bring proof.
    Edited by AnduinTryggva on 10 July 2023 07:47
    Options
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never saw one fight in Chydinhall during the event when handing in one quest for the tickets. Towns are almost always quiet and all alliances just go about their business from what I’ve come across.

For IC I just do all the quests on 2 alts before the event starts but don’t hand them in. Do it in no CP off peak and you never see anyone anyways then just hand in the quest each day.

It’s really not difficult and coming up with any solution like this is a waste of resources.
    Options