The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Endeavors sweetroll: convertible to gems or not?

Jaraal
Jaraal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Seems to be some conflicting information here, ZOS. Care to clarify?

8dZaZrO.png
RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If true, then yes it would only be a housing item. However, it also confirms that gems have a 20x higher value than a seal of endeavor. Not sure if this was intentional or an oops on ZoS' part.

Resplendent Sweetroll @ 400 Gems = 8000 SOE
    1 GEM = 20 SOE (in terms of value)

Edited by scorpius2k1 on 17 June 2021 18:57
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That line has always been in the description of that item, but I have a feeling that if you buy with Seals you won’t be able to convert it. That’s just my guess.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its also a piece of furniture, so I'm guessing this version will look pretty in your home.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well its also a piece of furniture, so I'm guessing this version will look pretty in your home.

I've had one in one of my homes for years! I just checked today, and it's still convertible to gems.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Seems to be some conflicting information here, ZOS. Care to clarify?
    Yep, my guild have talked about this... that the best item to buy with Seals of Endeavour would be the Sweetroll (8000 seals = 400 gems), since it would allow you to buy 10 Epic items (priced at 40 gems each), rather than only 4 Epic items (2000 seals each). However, we all agreed that it must be a bug and that the Sweetroll's conversion tooltip wasn't supposed to be included in the Seal version (otherwise it would be insane).

The fact that items purchased with Seals of Endeavour can't be extracted for Gems NEEDS to be highlighted somewhere on the screen, especially since the Sweetroll's description says the exact opposite and it may mislead players. :confused:

Please ZOS consider improving this transparency / contradiction issue. Thank you!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Nevermind, that was quick, thank you ZOS_Adrikoth!
    Edited by bluebird on 17 June 2021 20:54
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

Thanks so much for reporting this issue, the tooltip for the Sweetroll does in fact need to be updated and the article is accurate. We will be sure to update the tooltip to match what the article says.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks,

Thanks so much for reporting this issue, the tooltip for the Sweetroll does in fact need to be updated and the article is accurate. We will be sure to update the tooltip to match what the article says.

Thank you for the quick response!

Please don't change the crown versions to non-convertible by accident! :)

Edited by Jaraal on 17 June 2021 20:02
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

I've had one in one of my homes for years! I just checked today, and it's still convertible to gems.

It's really cool that you can place these furnishings in your home and then sell them back later if you decide you'd rather have the gems.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you get furniture by RNG, you can convert it into gems.
    If you actually buy furniture for gems, you can't convert it afterwards. Sweetroll is also furniture, but it was never meant to be purchased... It always drops by RNG, and thus can always be converted to gems. The fact that it can be bought for seals is weird decision (since it can't be bought for gems), but ok :o
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the sweetroll from endeavors not being converted into gem (makes sense). But, if the endeavors sweetroll is being "demoted" into just a furnishing, and not a source of currency(gems), then the endeavors version shouldn't cost as much as an apex mount. The 2000 - 3600 range for regular furnishings makes more sense.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on 21 July 2021 20:50
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm fine with the sweetroll from endeavors not being converted into gem (makes sense). But, if the endeavors sweetroll is being "demoted" into just a furnishing, and not a source of currency(gems), then the endeavors version shouldn't cost as much as an apex mount. The 2000 - 3600 range for regular furnishings makes more sense.

I would actually love it as a furnishing but the amount needs to be lowered
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, I believe they already changed the tooltip to reflect that only sweetrolls you get from a crown crate can be converted into gems-- at least, when I was looking at it yesterday, it was.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!