Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Elder Scrolls Offline

• Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    Chaleria wrote: »
    Grageeky wrote: »
    So FALSE ADVERTISING then as far as the early access that everyone paid for a month in advance. A burying crucial details in lengthy TOS/EULAs is not justification for what is clearly FALSE ADVERTISING and BAD BUSINESS from an ONLINE SERVICE.

I agree to pay online services for being online. And posting the same day of taking the servers down does not constitute advance warning or scheduled downtime. And no where in the ADVERTISED early access that I PAID FOR, was there a message saying, "Oh BTW you might only get 3 days of the 5 days that you are purchasing a month ahead of time." Again, burying that in a TOS/EULA is not justification for POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

You are getting way too bent out of shape over this. You didn't pay anything extra for early access. "Burying" terms like this in the EULA is because it is a legal binding document. If you don't want to read you User License Agreement, that's no one else's problem but your own.

I am bent, I'm bent over a chair getting it rammed up my arse. My bad, I should have just waited until April 4th and then made my purchase. Then my "reasonable customer expectations", would have been more reasonable and expectations met.
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • Flagrantavidityub17_ESO
    I'm pretty sure none of you have played an MMO at launch before (or you're just terrible trolls).
    I've been playing since M59 and been in most significant betas since EQ1. You're overgeneralizing and have no clue who this audience is, so please refrain from assuming you know everyone's credentials. I'm embarrassed for you.
    MMOs which have been running for years still have maintenance downtime.It's usually worse around launch. We've had 5 days of near-uninterrupted service pre-launch, which is pretty much unheard of. So please, tone down the rhetoric and do your research.
    While you are correct, you've completely missed the OP's point. The OP is not complaining about a simple downtime, but repeated downtimes. Overall, I estimate that by the time the game actually launches, in our 5 days of pre-launch we will have seen at least 12 hours of downtime, which is 10% downtime (easily calculated as 12 hours / 5 days). That is horrific by any standard, my friend, launch or not.

If I were ZeniMax, and everyone is glad here that I am not - I would offer anyone that was unsatisfied with their 5 day access time a refund of the purchase price, that is it. No discounted subscription or in game item, the option to play or not.
  • cazzmaranb14_ESO
    TwoClips wrote: »
    Beta and Early Access always has some downtime before official game launch.
    LOTRO and Star Wars The Old Republic did the same thing.........
    Yes, and what happened to the player base in those games? I was hoping ESO would be different. It is one of the best MMOs I've seen in a long time, but it's getting put through the ringer by poor management decisions.
  • Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭
    While you are correct, you've completely missed the OP's point. The OP is not complaining about a simple downtime, but repeated downtimes. Overall, I estimate that by the time the game actually launches, in our 5 days of pre-launch we will have seen at least 12 hours of downtime, which is 10% downtime (easily calculated as 12 hours / 5 days). That is horrific by any standard, my friend, launch or not.

Yes, but TESO encounter bugs that are unheard of in other MMO's because of their megaserver technology. I'm sorry, but I would have rather suffered the 12 hours of downtime to fix that tremendous error that allowed others to login to other people's accounts.

• frogturtle6b14_ESO
    frogturtle6b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    "We want all of you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM (noon) GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone in Early Access who purchased digitally more Early Access time."

Recently announced. Stop crying over Early Access as you will be getting more FREE time.
  • EnikSleestak
    EnikSleestak
    ✭✭
    Why all the angst? It sucks, it was unannounced and therefore un-"planned" from my point of view but it is what it is.

Hopefully they'll learn that planning also includes customer notifications where appropriate.
    -Slee
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the "Warhammer Offline" threads when that game launched, and the "Star Wars: The Offline Republic" threads when that one launched, and "Age of Bugs: Conan Offline" threads when that game launched.

New MMO, new thread titles :)

wondering how many of the people that start these threads have never played an MMO before
  • frogturtle6b14_ESO
    frogturtle6b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I remember the "Warhammer Offline" threads when that game launched, and the "Star Wars: The Offline Republic" threads when that one launched, and "Age of Bugs: Conan Offline" threads when that game launched.

wondering how many of the people that start these threads have never played an MMO before

I have played MMOs before, but I've never been there for a Launch. Therefore, I'm going to see how this plays out rather than wine when the servers are down.
  • Chirru
    Chirru
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was clear from the onset that early release was allowed to identify and fix bugs. And no...none of us paid for early access to the game. Indeed...we got a subscription-free month for only one reason...to find more bugs so they can fix them.

honestly..I am mentally prepared to have the servers go down almost every day for the next month to fix something that is broken or did not turn out as intended. In a way ESO is a prototype; an experiment that hopefully will not blow up into our faces.

the only way to find out if you like something is to eat it and hope you don't throw up. This is the same with this game.
  • Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭

I have played MMOs before, but I've never been there for a Launch. Therefore, I'm going to see how this plays out rather than wine when the servers are down.

I like this guy.... but I hate to imagine what a frogturtle is...
  • Metella
    Metella
    ✭✭
    "Oh no, the early access I'm getting for free is unavailable for a few hours of the free time that I did not actually pay any extra money for no matter how much I think I did, because they are fixing stuff/preparing for switching over to the game being fully launched!"

tiniest_violin.gif

Maybe I should demand compensation for the fact that I dithered and didn't decide whether to buy or not until half an hour after the Early Access started, WHERE'S MY THIRTY MINUTES??
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭

Did you mention 3 games that flopped on purpose?
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I participated in the Anarchy Online launch....and many others, but that was by far the worst I've ever seen. TESO's launch has been practically flawless compared to most.
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    "We want all of you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM (noon) GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone in Early Access who purchased digitally more Early Access time."

Recently announced. Stop crying over Early Access as you will be getting more FREE time.

Whoohoo! I was right, my arguments win!
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • Razorwolf86
    Razorwolf86
    Soul Shriven
    Leeta wrote: »
    Actually the people who did pre order paid for it since it was advertised that way with early success and after tomorrow the game will be cheaper to buy so i guess that the ones who missed a lot of these 5 extra days due to downtime could've just bought it tomorrow. So yea in a sence it was false advertising.

Also i dont think people are pissed off cause of the downtime, its because they took it down with less than hour warning and it was according to them a planned downtime. If it was planned, better warning next time!

Actually, the price won't go down tomorrow. It may go down in a few weeks/months when it's no longer considered new, but it won't immediately drop in price on launch day (unless they take away some of the content you get for pre-ordering).

Early-access was something you get for free as a benefit to pre-ordering (a bonus, if you will; just like the rest of the pre-order digital content). The only way it could be considered "false advertisement" is if it explicitly stated you have 5 full days of online game time as early access AND the price drops on launch day without the loss of any other content.

If the price does drop tomorrow (which it won't) and all digital content is still included in the package, THEN people can complain about false advertisement.
  • CodingSquirrel
    Grageeky wrote: »

Whoohoo! I was right, my arguments win!

This validates your inane babble how?
  • weresloth
    weresloth
    ✭✭
    I've been part, besides ESO, of the launch of WoW's BC, Age of Conan and GW2, and this one is by far the smoothest launch / early access. By a wide margin too.

This doesn't mean it's perfect or doesn't have its share of problems, but all the other games I mentioned had far more in my experience.

Also, for those who perceive the launch as unsuccessful: don't be too quick to infer the demise of the game based on that. What makes or breaks an MMO is the continued quality and quantity of the updates in time (or lack thereof). If this game will fail, it won't certainly be for what happens now. The future of ESO will revolve around one single question: does it keep delivering content and support that is worth its monthly fee?
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure none of you have played an MMO at launch before (or you're just terrible trolls).
    I've been playing since M59 and been in most significant betas since EQ1. You're overgeneralizing and have no clue who this audience is, so please refrain from assuming you know everyone's credentials. I'm embarrassed for you.
    MMOs which have been running for years still have maintenance downtime.It's usually worse around launch. We've had 5 days of near-uninterrupted service pre-launch, which is pretty much unheard of. So please, tone down the rhetoric and do your research.

Actually 10% downtime during a pre-launch early access period is above average.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Do yourself a favor by the way and don't signup for your subscription until sunday. If you sign up today those 2 days are lost that they've added. They may be in any case, as mine states it rebills on the 4th, exactly 30 days from "official launch".
  • narcolepticjedi
    I think this game is 1 more event away from being the worst launched """"""online""""" game

You clearly have no experience in this arena friend. Best you move along, before you hurt yourself.