Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Elder Scrolls Offline

• Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭
    Grageeky wrote: »
    This game is offline again and again..

change the name.

I PAID for early access with the pre-order, hence the 35 days of ONLINE time with an ONLINE company and announcing on the same day of taking the server down, does not constitute advanced warning to the customer who purchased the early access over a month ago, AS ADVERTISED.

Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline,Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline...there I feel better.

Actually you're wrong, you didn't pay for 35 Days of Online time. You paid for access to the system when it was online. You need to carefully read the Terms of Service, and the End User Licensing Agreement.

Actually I need to carefully PAY for ONLINE services that STAY ONLINE and posting the same day that the servers are taken down does not constitute advance warning or scheduled downtime. And no where in the ADVERTISED early access that I PAID FOR, was there as message saying, "Oh BTW you might only get 3 days of the 5 days that you are purchasing a month ahead of time."
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    PVT_Parts wrote: »

Scheduled maintenance. with notice. for a working game. Early access was not supposed to be Beta 2.0, & the community is owed compensation.

It includes unscheduled, emergency maintenance as well. You are not owed anything, especially since you didn't pay anything extra for this early access time. You haven't lost any money.

wrong, unless you are saying that you didn't pay anything for the game. We ordered a package, just because we can't tell you how much the early access portion of the package costs doesn't mean it wasn't part of the purchased package. A car with a radio and cruise control added into the package doesn't mean you paid nothing for the features.

You're wrong. Read the ToS and EULA. You don't know what you actually paid for, you just think you do. You paid for access to the system when it was available. It's not currently available so you're not really losing anything as others have stated.

Some MMOs back in the day were Pay-Per-Minute or Pay-Per-Hour, we can return to that payment model if you like and then when the system is down, you're not losing anything because you aren't playing and using your minutes or hours up.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

change the name.

I PAID for early access with the pre-order, hence the 35 days of ONLINE time with an ONLINE company and announcing on the same day of taking the server down, does not constitute advanced warning to the customer who purchased the early access over a month ago, AS ADVERTISED.

Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline,Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline...there I feel better.

Actually you're wrong, you didn't pay for 35 Days of Online time. You paid for access to the system when it was online. You need to carefully read the Terms of Service, and the End User Licensing Agreement.

Actually I need to carefully PAY for ONLINE services that STAY ONLINE and posting the same day that the servers are taken down does not constitute advance warning or scheduled downtime. And no where in the ADVERTISED early access that I PAID FOR, was there as message saying, "Oh BTW you might only get 3 days of the 5 days that you are purchasing a month ahead of time."

It's in the Terms of Service you agree to, or indicate that you've read and agreed to, when you purchased the game or created your account.
  • Futon
    Futon
    Hopefully, the downtime will be kept to a minimum on launch day. >:)
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early Access - Able to access something earlier than others (Yup, could access the game before release 5 days for some, 3 for others. If you accessed it even once you achieved that goal)

Advanced Warning - technically a double statement since Warning indicates something to occur later already. But a warning that something will occur. (Yep, had both a forum post about it almost an hour before and warning in game before servers went down)

Terms of Service - Something you agree to with the understanding that the company abides by it as well. We agreed to accept that sometimes the servers would be down and that ZOS would work hard to keep them up as much as possible)

Hmmm, looking at these three pieces of information, I am trying to figure out where ZOS lied or cheated us.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    LoreRunner wrote: »
    Early Access - Able to access something earlier than others (Yup, could access the game before release 5 days for some, 3 for others. If you accessed it even once you achieved that goal)

Advanced Warning - technically a double statement since Warning indicates something to occur later already. But a warning that something will occur. (Yep, had both a forum post about it almost an hour before and warning in game before servers went down)

Terms of Service - Something you agree to with the understanding that the company abides by it as well. We agreed to accept that sometimes the servers would be down and that ZOS would work hard to keep them up as much as possible)

Hmmm, looking at these three pieces of information, I am trying to figure out where ZOS lied or cheated us.

I'm glad to see some people get it! =)
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭

Scheduled maintenance. with notice. for a working game. Early access was not supposed to be Beta 2.0, & the community is owed compensation.

It includes unscheduled, emergency maintenance as well. You are not owed anything, especially since you didn't pay anything extra for this early access time. You haven't lost any money.

wrong, unless you are saying that you didn't pay anything for the game. We ordered a package, just because we can't tell you how much the early access portion of the package costs doesn't mean it wasn't part of the purchased package. A car with a radio and cruise control added into the package doesn't mean you paid nothing for the features.

You're wrong. Read the ToS and EULA. You don't know what you actually paid for, you just think you do. You paid for access to the system when it was available. It's not currently available so you're not really losing anything as others have stated.

Some MMOs back in the day were Pay-Per-Minute or Pay-Per-Hour, we can return to that payment model if you like and then when the system is down, you're not losing anything because you aren't playing and using your minutes or hours up.

So FALSE ADVERTISING then as far as the early access that everyone paid for a month in advance. A burying crucial details in lengthy TOS/EULAs is not justification for what is clearly FALSE ADVERTISING and BAD BUSINESS from an ONLINE SERVICE.

I agree to pay online services for being online. And posting the same day of taking the servers down does not constitute advance warning or scheduled downtime. And no where in the ADVERTISED early access that I PAID FOR, was there a message saying, "Oh BTW you might only get 3 days of the 5 days that you are purchasing a month ahead of time." Again, burying that in a TOS/EULA is not justification for POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    atleast EA's battlefield was still ONLINE even with its bugs lol

Yes, with it's bugs. These guys, here, are fixing them.
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grageeky Is this your first online game ever? Or do you never read the ToS or use Common Sense for mmos? This is Understood practice, and therefore not lying.

you logic is pretty much saying "I saw a sandwich on the TV that looked awesome but when I bought it, it didn't look exactly the same, this is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!"
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has a point if you ask me, far to much downtime already. I couldnt care a less if they are prepping it for launch. The early access I paid for didnt include 10-12 hours downtime in 5 days.

Worse thing is this downtime is right in EU prime time. So thanks for that.

Where did you have this 10-12 hours downtime if you are in EU? Even counting today's 4, the server went down for maintenance yesterday at 23:30 for 3 hours. Or do you play on the NA server?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirion wrote: »
    C U @ 11.

wait, is that BST or CEST?? I dunno what time the server actually went down
  • Warmsin
    Warmsin
    Soul Shriven
    I think this game is 1 more event away from being the worst launched """"""online""""" game

atleast EA's battlefield was still ONLINE even with its bugs lol

but do you pay $15 a month Sub for Battlefield??

• Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭

1. No where in the early access purchase did it explain "if you access it even once" that you got your full 3-day or 5-days of access. So that is FALSE ADVERTISING. You pay for the service to be online for 30 days and you paid extra to get 35 days of online service with your pre-order. That is a reasonable customer expectation of someone who went to the Zos Store and placed their order over a month ago.

2. Advance Warning is an expression that means you won't be surprised when it happens. And posting the same day that the servers are taken down DOES SURPRISE all that had purchased the early access over a month ago.

3. Referring this offline time to a reference in the TOS/EULA is not justification for posting the same day of taking the servers down for early access customers. AND not putting any of this up-front in the description of the pre-order purchase in the Zos Retail Store is just BAD BUSINESS. Again reasonable customer expectation.
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭

They haven't, whats annoyed me is little to no warning for what they are calling a "planned" downtime. Coupled with that downtime coinciding with 19:00 - 22:00 prime play time in the UK and Western Europe.

:'(
  • Aria
    Aria
    ✭✭✭
    You know before everyone gets all upset and bent out of shape, why not wait and see if they reimburse us for the downtime?

Most of you have been through a mmo launch before and if you have been in the AAA mmos launches you would know this is pretty much the norm?
    Even the so called great MMO "that shall remain unnamed" had a insane amount of downtime and 6 hour queues following that at launch!

This should be a cakewalk by comparison.
    Silver Dragon Legion
    "The adult, casual no drama guild you've been waiting for!"
  • Flagrantavidityub17_ESO
    Launches always come with downtime, period. I think a lot of people that love the ESO series are new the the mmo part of the rpg genre.

ESO is the best launch I have experienced from an MMORPG. No, I haven't played them all - but I have played my fair share. From UO, EQ all the way to WOW, very horrible launches.

Remember guys this is ZeniMax, not EA or SOE.

EA has several botched releases and sold versions of one of their games that was broken for macs at launch and it took a month for it to get fixed.

SOE used to take forever to fix anything at all. SOE used to have volunteers as their customer service support in game, and only a handful of GMs (game masters) that could actually resolve your in game issues.
    Edited by Flagrantavidityub17_ESO on 3 April 2014 19:44
  • TheVindelator
    TheVindelator
    ✭✭✭
    Downtime is absolutely expected and understandable for an MMO. It sucks but it happens.

Still, added a free day or two to everyone's sub would do wonders for PR. After all, when 5 days early access becomes 3-4 days people get annoyed.
  • Almerel
    Almerel
    Maybe they meant 5 business days and not literal days B) So as long as we get 40 hours of game time in this 5 day head-start I think they have met their quota.
  • Allumis
    Allumis
    ✭✭✭
    ESO is the best launch I have experienced from an MMORPG.

Really? Seems like its meeting the status quo if you ask me.

Few bugs, little bit of down time, average communication. Pretty much the industry standard for any MMO launch and has been for over 10 years.

I would say this launch has been no better or worse than any other game I've played.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Downtime is absolutely expected and understandable for an MMO. It sucks but it happens.

Still, added a free day or two to everyone's sub would do wonders for PR. After all, when 5 days early access becomes 3-4 days people get annoyed.

I actually oppose this, but that's because I despise the squeaky-wheel-gets-the-grease approach to customer service. But just for clarification, we still had over 4 days of solid uptime. It's actually impossible for it to be less than 4 at this point.
    ----
    Murray?
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. No where in the early access purchase did it explain "if you access it even once" that you got your full 3-day or 5-days of access. So that is FALSE ADVERTISING. You pay for the service to be online for 30 days and you paid extra to get 35 days of online service with your pre-order. That is a reasonable customer expectation of someone who went to the Zos Store and placed their order over a month ago.

2. Advance Warning is an expression that means you won't be surprised when it happens. And posting the same day that the servers are taken down DOES SURPRISE all that had purchased the early access over a month ago.

3. Referring this offline time to a reference in the TOS/EULA is not justification for posting the same day of taking the servers down for early access customers. AND not putting any of this up-front in the description of the pre-order purchase in the Zos Retail Store is just BAD BUSINESS. Again reasonable customer expectation.

do you go around everywhere and demand that everything be to your exact specifications even when common sense says it should not? Do you buy a pizza "Full of toppings" only to take it back because there is a space where you can see the cheese? Do you buy a car that says it gets 32 MPG and then demand that you get your money back because you only get 30? Or buy a plane ticket for a certain time and then say it was false advertising when the plane leaves late or arrives early/late? No, becuase common sense (Something lots of people now a days lack) dictates that there are mitigating factors in any advertisement. A False advertisement is defined as

"Proof Requirement for False Advertising

To establish that an advertisement is false, a plaintiff must prove five things: (1) a false statement of fact has been made about the advertiser's own or another person's goods, services, or commercial activity; (2) the statement either deceives or has the potential to deceive a substantial portion of its targeted audience; (3) the deception is also likely to affect the purchasing decisions of its audience; (4) the advertising involves goods or services in interstate commerce; and (5) the deception has either resulted in or is likely to result in injury to the plaintiff."

Just because you can't figure something out doesn't mean the rest of us did not knowingly go into buying the game " A Month in advance" without full knowledge that the game might go down for maintenance for some or most of the time for early access. Heck, we even acknowledged that if something crazy happened that the game might be delayed in the launch for whatever reason.
  • Distrobomb
    Distrobomb
    ✭✭✭

change the name.

Hysterical

I survived the great ESO launch disaster 2014 B)
  • Chaleria
    Chaleria
    ✭✭
    So FALSE ADVERTISING then as far as the early access that everyone paid for a month in advance. A burying crucial details in lengthy TOS/EULAs is not justification for what is clearly FALSE ADVERTISING and BAD BUSINESS from an ONLINE SERVICE.

I agree to pay online services for being online. And posting the same day of taking the servers down does not constitute advance warning or scheduled downtime. And no where in the ADVERTISED early access that I PAID FOR, was there a message saying, "Oh BTW you might only get 3 days of the 5 days that you are purchasing a month ahead of time." Again, burying that in a TOS/EULA is not justification for POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

You are getting way too bent out of shape over this. You didn't pay anything extra for early access. "Burying" terms like this in the EULA is because it is a legal binding document. If you don't want to read you User License Agreement, that's no one else's problem but your own.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭

You are a jerk of highest quality, have to say, as a bonus pack with zero knowledge about MMOs...
    Try more caps maybe Zeni will hear your cry.

• Flagrantavidityub17_ESO
    Allumis wrote: »
    ESO is the best launch I have experienced from an MMORPG.

Really? Seems like its meeting the status quo if you ask me.

Few bugs, little bit of down time, average communication. Pretty much the industry standard for any MMO launch and has been for over 10 years.

I would say this launch has been no better or worse than any other game I've played.

I disagree, you couldn't play wow the first month for more than a few hours, it was that bad or you were in queue. Shadowbane - I don't even think they fixed the huge bugs during beta and it was released broken. Everquest - there were days that you couldn't play, days.

Your complaining that they took the server down when they found issues with the game that could cause exploits or other issues. Your complaining that they are actively fixing in game issues.

You would have had them leave the server up and let everyone's game experience become compromised - because you wanted to play the game.

With a game world this big and dynamic, you can't catch all the bugs for launch.

Grageeky

I will pay you $80.00 for your copy of the game if you will sign a contract that you or anyone related to you by blood or marriage will not participate in the Elder Scrolls Online community, in game or in any forum. We don't need you as a part of the community, thank you good bye.

Edited by Flagrantavidityub17_ESO on 3 April 2014 19:54
  • Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, I love the thread title!
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭

While I hate to be the bearer of bad news, ESO is in no way obligated to even post about bringing servers down in advance. You agreed to make use of their service and their equipment, when something is wrong with the equipment it needs to be fixed.

Sure the service can stay online so they don't bother people trying to play but at some point those servers are going to have to come down regardless. Unfortunately this time it is during primetime for EU. A shame but alas, nothing we can do about it.

• Leeta
    Leeta
    ✭✭✭
    Actually the people who did pre order paid for it since it was advertised that way with early success and after tomorrow the game will be cheaper to buy so i guess that the ones who missed a lot of these 5 extra days due to downtime could've just bought it tomorrow. So yea in a sence it was false advertising.

Also i dont think people are pissed off cause of the downtime, its because they took it down with less than hour warning and it was according to them a planned downtime. If it was planned, better warning next time!
  • TwoClips
    TwoClips
    ✭✭
    Hey folks,

We want you to know that everyone who was part of Early Access will be granted an extended grace period until Sunday at 8AM EDT/12PM GMT before being required to transition your account to live. This will cover those who purchased ESO from an online retailer and won't be getting your box shipped in time and also gives anyone who purchased digitally more Early Access time.
  • cazzmaranb14_ESO
    I'm pretty sure none of you have played an MMO at launch before (or you're just terrible trolls).
    I've been playing since M59 and been in most significant betas since EQ1. You're overgeneralizing and have no clue who this audience is, so please refrain from assuming you know everyone's credentials. I'm embarrassed for you.
    MMOs which have been running for years still have maintenance downtime.It's usually worse around launch. We've had 5 days of near-uninterrupted service pre-launch, which is pretty much unheard of. So please, tone down the rhetoric and do your research.
    While you are correct, you've completely missed the OP's point. The OP is not complaining about a simple downtime, but repeated downtimes. Overall, I estimate that by the time the game actually launches, in our 5 days of pre-launch we will have seen at least 12 hours of downtime, which is 10% downtime (easily calculated as 12 hours / 5 days). That is horrific by any standard, my friend, launch or not.