Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Elder Scrolls Offline

horizon011b14_ESO
This game is offline again and again..

change the name.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    lol, its for preparation for launch, chill it'll be back online soon
    Edited by Tiyamel on 3 April 2014 18:00
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Nicsam
    Nicsam
    Soul Shriven
    It was planed AHHHHH GEEEE GEEE GEEE < yah right. Thanks for letting us know! Sucks
  • Jonnymorrow
    Jonnymorrow
    ✭✭✭
    OP has a point if you ask me, far to much downtime already. I couldnt care a less if they are prepping it for launch. The early access I paid for didnt include 10-12 hours downtime in 5 days.

Worse thing is this downtime is right in EU prime time. So thanks for that.
  • horizon011b14_ESO
    reading the public feedback..

yep

popularity and trust going down very fast..

If i knew before hand this would happen id have waited 3-6 months while they learn to keep a online game online..

and in EU primetime.. wow.. cold as ice..
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP has a point if you ask me, far to much downtime already. I couldnt care a less if they are prepping it for launch. The early access I paid for didnt include 10-12 hours downtime in 5 days.

Contrary to popular belief, primetime in the EU isn't primtime in the rest of the world, and vice-versa. Someone, somewhere is going to be upset by the timing.

Now, that said: you didn't pay anything extra for early access, and yes, according to the ToS (which you agreed to), that early access time (and all play time in the future) will include downtime for maintenance.
    ----
    Murray?
  • horizon011b14_ESO
    I think this game is 1 more event away from being the worst launched """"""online""""" game

atleast EA's battlefield was still ONLINE even with its bugs lol
  • offodapreub18_ESO

Contrary to popular belief, primetime in the EU isn't primtime in the rest of the world, and vice-versa. Someone, somewhere is going to be upset by the timing.

Now, that said: you didn't pay anything extra for early access, and yes, according to the ToS (which you agreed to), that early access time (and all play time in the future) will include downtime for maintenance.

Scheduled maintenance. with notice. for a working game. Early access was not supposed to be Beta 2.0, & the community is owed compensation.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure none of you have played an MMO at launch before (or you're just terrible trolls).

MMOs which have been running for years still have maintenance downtime. It's usually worse around launch. We've had 5 days of near-uninterrupted service pre-launch, which is pretty much unheard of. So please, tone down the rhetoric and do your research.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    nerevarine 1138

There is only two mega servers out here. So you have a "flawless" logic.
    Edited by Bob on 3 April 2014 18:13
  • Willow
    Willow
    ✭✭✭
    LOL!
  • horizon011b14_ESO
    go away nerev ya up ya self nut swinger
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    reading the public feedback..

yep

popularity and trust going down very fast..

If i knew before hand this would happen id have waited 3-6 months while they learn to keep a online game online..
    Yeah, because this never ever happens with every other MMO. Only this one.

(The game has not even officially launched yet, and it is already better than any other MMO launch I have endured so far)

• CodingSquirrel
    Cry more.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Scheduled maintenance. with notice. for a working game. Early access was not supposed to be Beta 2.0, & the community is owed compensation.

It includes unscheduled, emergency maintenance as well. You are not owed anything, especially since you didn't pay anything extra for this early access time. You haven't lost any money.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well when you become a MMO Executive Producer and head up the development of a multi million dollar project. You can run your MMO into the ground with all the Non-Maintenance days you want.

The first outage was brief and not a shock for an MMO in the first days of its existence.

The second time the server went down there was monstrosity of a bug that required the game go down til it was corrected...It just happened to come to light hours prior to a scheduled maintenance that extended the servers downtime.

Today is another brief maintenance prepping it for the inevitable flood of gamers tomorrow.

Youve had more game time then those who did not have the pre-order early access.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    Just checked no one has suggested we have to kidnap a Zenimax employee to get our hours back.

Posters are clearly not riled up enough about this one. :smiley:
  • Rosebloome
    Rosebloome
    ✭✭
    I sense rustled jimmies.
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    The scheduled downtime today was announced at 12:22pm... at least they gave ample heads up for people scheduling to play. Oh I'm sure someone can dig up a post but really these forums are a jumbled mess and nothing is... intuitive.

I think the title of the OP's thread is genuinly quite funny because that about sums up my 5 days of early access.

Oh and ya we all know every other MMO on the planet has had bumps at startup and no game goes gold without bugs and bla bla bla. The one constant is people will cry and demand compensation for the smallest things and fanbois will chastise anyone with a disenting view of their game.

Well fortunately I have actual work to do so this downtime wont be so bad...
  • dale0404
    dale0404
    Read the EULA peeps....
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure none of you have played an MMO at launch before (or you're just terrible trolls).

MMOs which have been running for years still have maintenance downtime. It's usually worse around launch. We've had 5 days of near-uninterrupted service pre-launch, which is pretty much unheard of. So please, tone down the rhetoric and do your research.

Hate to burst your bubble.. but... It was never 5 days, it was 4 and a 1/2 to start with, so we lost a half day there. Then they had a 12-14 hour emergency maintenance, so that was another half day at the very least. After all is said and done your 5 day or 3 day headstart will actually end up being less than 4 or less than 2.

Not a complaint, perse, more a clarification.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hate to burst your bubble.. but... It was never 5 days, it was 4 and a 1/2 to start with, so we lost a half day there. Then they had a 12-14 hour emergency maintenance, so that was another half day at the very least. After all is said and done your 5 day or 3 day headstart will actually end up being less than 4 or less than 2.

We didn't "lose" anything. The announced start time never changed (and it actually launched early). And no matter how you slice it, no one got less than 2 days of early access. The servers haven't been down for a total of 24 hours.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    Well when you become a MMO Executive Producer and head up the development of a multi million dollar project. You can run your MMO into the ground with all the Non-Maintenance days you want.

Maintenance does not require downtime.

Banks have nearly 100% uptime.

Google has nearly 100% uptime.

Wikipedia has nearly 100% uptime.

Amazon has nearly 100% uptime.

Social networks, tech sites, news sites, game sites... all nearly 100%

"Google has made its intentions clear: to make its email service "as reliable as the dial tone", which is usually four nines, or 99.99%." - random quote from the internet

All the people that argue that maintenance requires extended periods of downtime simply do not understand reality.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Thunder wrote: »

Maintenance does not require downtime.

Banks have nearly 100% uptime.

Google has nearly 100% uptime.

Wikipedia has nearly 100% uptime.

Amazon has nearly 100% uptime.

Social networks, tech sites, news sites, game sites... all nearly 100%

"Google has made its intentions clear: to make its email service "as reliable as the dial tone", which is usually four nines, or 99.99%." - random quote from the internet

All the people that argue that maintenance requires extended periods of downtime simply do not understand reality.

These services have been running for years, and none of these require quite the coding that an MMO does.

Any type of implementation or rollout often times does require extended periods of downtime or maintenance. The only way to avoid it is with neat little tricks like GuildWars 2 came up with being able to hotfix a client update into the game, then force you to logout to update your build. Aside from that, when MMOs have to do updates, it does require extended periods of time to apply their changes to all their different hardware, make any changes they need to make from a networking standpoint, then bring everything back up in the order it needs to be brought up.

I happen to "understand (the) reality" of Information Technology.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭

We didn't "lose" anything. The announced start time never changed (and it actually launched early). And no matter how you slice it, no one got less than 2 days of early access. The servers haven't been down for a total of 24 hours.

If you check a clock, you'll notice a day has 24 hours. Early access for the 5 day folks started at 7 a.m. whilst commercial launch is at 7 p.m. That's not a full 5 days. They removed half a day from the 5 day headstart from their schedule. Again, I'm not complaining, but they guy said you "had to do your research" and he didn't do his.
  • Grageeky
    Grageeky
    ✭✭✭

change the name.

I PAID for early access with the pre-order, hence the 35 days of ONLINE time with an ONLINE company and announcing on the same day of taking the server down, does not constitute advanced warning to the customer who purchased the early access over a month ago, AS ADVERTISED.

Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline,Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline...there I feel better.
    "Perhaps his egg spent too much time in the shade before his hatching." -Wareem-
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Grageeky wrote: »

change the name.

I PAID for early access with the pre-order, hence the 35 days of ONLINE time with an ONLINE company and announcing on the same day of taking the server down, does not constitute advanced warning to the customer who purchased the early access over a month ago, AS ADVERTISED.

Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline,Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline, Elder Scrolls Offline...there I feel better.

Actually you're wrong, you didn't pay for 35 Days of Online time. You paid for access to the system when it was online. You need to carefully read the Terms of Service, and the End User Licensing Agreement.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    C U @ 11.
  • PVT_Parts
    PVT_Parts
    ✭✭✭

It includes unscheduled, emergency maintenance as well. You are not owed anything, especially since you didn't pay anything extra for this early access time. You haven't lost any money.

wrong, unless you are saying that you didn't pay anything for the game. We ordered a package, just because we can't tell you how much the early access portion of the package costs doesn't mean it wasn't part of the purchased package. A car with a radio and cruise control added into the package doesn't mean you paid nothing for the features.
  • TwoClips
    TwoClips
    ✭✭
    Beta and Early Access always has some downtime before official game launch.
    LOTRO and Star Wars The Old Republic did the same thing.........