Anyone else can't connect to the game? (EU)

• Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Really unhappy about this. And when its fixed what will we get? Nothing apart from sorry but our servers are *** so suck it up

You should really learn what a DDOS attack is before spouting.

Could you answer my queries possibly? You seem more in the know that I am.
    Update: Still working on fixing this. While we don't have an ETA, we are trying to get everything back up as soon as possible. For those just joining us, we are experiencing a DDoS on the European megaservers for all platforms.

Is it a problem to at least try and let us log in again? I'm not Mr i.t. guy here so any info would be nice. Earlier we were told the log ins were turned off altogether?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Thanks, I know what DDOS is, but I still don't understand why we can't attempt to log on, instead of turning off the log in yet keeping the servers online.
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
    Options
  • Thalmar
    Thalmar
    ✭✭✭
    Really unhappy about this. And when its fixed what will we get? Nothing apart from sorry but our servers are *** so suck it up

It has been 3-4 hours, trying to log on, being kicked off of the server every 1 minute. People are frustrated for a reason, they are not blindly spitting their frustration. You Mr. Knows Everything Better Than Everyone as an ambassador should really work on your social skills before attacking people's intelligence. It is not his but ZOS developers', technicans' job to fix it. If you don't have empathy for people it is always better not to comment, just saying for further references.
    Options
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    So again, still not able to connect, same problem as yesterday.
    This time error 201 in login page, as many of your client have Zenimax.

Update: Still working on fixing this. While we don't have an ETA, we are trying to get everything back up as soon as possible. For those just joining us, we are experiencing a DDoS on the European mega-servers for all platforms.

Thanks for working on this guys. Most of us are on holidays and the fact that you are even there is awesome. Thanks.

Happy Boxing Day ! (that's what today is called here in the UK)

You have a kind attention and I thanks you for that. But to be fair we are in game industry here, so most of your working time is when your client are in their after working hour, we, holidays, this is your working time.
    And this is why hackers also choose this period to fire attacks, not a suprise, so I really expect that all staff of Zenimax in working now. Even not said that they should be prepared for this kind of attack and have backup plan. If you can spend 1million just for fun (even to people that never played the game???) you cannot have a dedicated full redundant security plan to counter simple DoS attack, even massive?

Again it's the first time I pay for a service (I'm here since the beta, paid the game and always pay mouthy fees) and I can not access. And this is the second day...customer cannot access to a paying service for days!!!!

Almost all my guildies are in the same situation, and specially now it will leave us a very bad Xmas memory from Zenimax and ESO. Just FYI almost all my friends play GW2 now and WildStar instead of ESO....

But to conclude with at least a positive point here we have from time to time Zenimax's message that give some update, so it's better than yesterday on this point! some better communication's management, even if I think is too much important and Zenimax should have take the ownership of this problem by creating a special locked tread on this with 30min update and all info centralized in a synthetics way (platform, step of resolution, target, ETA etc...)

Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon we all know who tried to ruin Christmas
    grinch4.jpg
    Options
  • Evilie
    Evilie
    ✭✭
    I have 2 guildies who have been playing for hours in Azura with no issues and no lag, why can't you let us log in?

Error 201 Error 201 Error 201...
    Options
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get paid to know that stuff so no i dont need to learn. Unless of course ZOS want to pay me,instead i pay them for a game as of right now i cant play

A DDoS is a distributed denial of service attack. It means that hackers are attacking the servers, flooding them with large amounts of useless data packets, so that your connection is drowned in a veritable sea of network garbage.

In short, it's not that ZOS made a mistake of some kind or a tech spilled coffee in the server. Someone outside of ZOS are causing it, and that makes it difficult to just 'fix'.
    Options
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely ISIS.
    Options
  • Diego_Amraphel
    Diego_Amraphel
    Soul Shriven
    Evilie wrote: »
    I have 2 guildies who have been playing for hours in Azura with no issues and no lag, why can't you let us log in?

Error 201 Error 201 Error 201...

I don't really know how the whole megaserver thing works, but I don't think it's just a huge server. There are probably a lot of servers around the world, comprising a "megaserver" for each region. My guess is that the DDoS is more of an issue on some of these servers than others, thus some people were / are able to log in, while others are not.

But don't take my word for it.
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    error 201 nothings goes, nice game you have here
    nothing working on a saturday night nice
    Options
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely ISIS.

What a stupid jokes, guys.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
    Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Update: Still working on fixing this. While we don't have an ETA, we are trying to get everything back up as soon as possible. For those just joining us, we are experiencing a DDoS on the European megaservers for all platforms.

Is it a problem to at least try and let us log in again? I'm not Mr i.t. guy here so any info would be nice. Earlier we were told the log ins were turned off altogether?

Thanks, I know what DDOS is, but I still don't understand why we can't attempt to log on, instead of turning off the log in yet keeping the servers online.
    Just theorizing here, I don't have a clue about these things but: The Login servers are the gateway between the game servers and the internet, aren't they? So, target of a DDOS would always be the login servers, not the game servers themselves.

Thus, taking the login servers offline will let the DDOS just go nowhere. Those already logged in (having passed the gateway) can continue more or less undisturbed.
    Edited by Leandor on 26 December 2015 20:51
    Options
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag bal won, game over
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe its ISIS

Maybe its WOW

F*k it I'm gonna watch the Hobbit
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on 26 December 2015 20:53
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • Nugge
    Nugge
    ✭✭✭
    Rather some over-zealous scamp that fried the wiring :).
    @Nugge (nəgɛ)
    No evil is honorable: but death is honorable; therefore death is not evil.
    Options
  • AnnieBeGood
    AnnieBeGood
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay..... can't log in ...... not ZOS's fault. Stupid hackers trying to ruin a fun game.

I guess eventually I will be able to so...... in the meantime....... shall we try a game?

Songs maybe?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=wAVl_IJV5eI
    Gulrosa V160 Templar -healer and master crafter
    Annie Spaceshifter V160 magica NB - just a thieving assassin, now retired
    Katerina - 'Daedric Annie' - V160 Stamina DK - now bank alt, wardrobe mistress
    Anni Bee - Vet 160Templar - pvp magica templar - Daedric Lord Slayer
    Lily Malone - stam sorc - pve goddess
    Rey of Jakku Plain - Vet 160 - magica templar dd
    Savanna - magica warden, still learning to play
    and several babies...... learning to ride
    EU server, pc and All for the Pact
    Alith, the best guild in the EU
    Options
  • Sharmony
    Sharmony
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

Just theorizing here, I don't have a clue about these things but: The Login servers are the gateway between the game servers and the internet, aren't they? So, target of a DDOS would always be the login servers, not the game servers themselves.

Thus, taking the login servers offline will let the DDOS just go nowhere. Those already logged in (having passed the gateway) can continue more or less undisturbed.

There was and is no lagg in game, as you've stated the login was the issue but at least some managed to get in? But makes sense, I'd just prefer to have the chance :smile: As we have all stated, the response, although it feels slow because we're eagerly waiting like kids at Christmas has been good on ZOS' part.
    @Wjleppard - EU - Sharmony Youtube
    Holyfire - V16 Stamina Templar | Auriels Bow - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmony - V16 Magicka Templar | Flaming Rose - V16 Magicka Dragonknight | Rejuvenation - V16 Magicka Nightblade | Dora The (Explorer Title) - V16 Magicka Sorcerer | Critjiit - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Just Hold Block - V16 Stamina Dragonknight | Stormburst - V16 Stamina Sorcerer | Ashenbourne - V16 Magicka Templar | Swims-At-Speed - V16 Magicka Templar | Sharmonknee - V16 Stamina Nightblade | Sharmoney - V16 Magicka Warden
    Guild Affiliations: Hodor, Travelling Merchant, Aetherius Trade, Golden Goose.
    Previous Affiliations: GM of Well-Fitted, Almost Heroes, Kill All, Don't Die, Exile, Sigma Draconis, Legio Mortum
    Options
  • Razrikiel
    Razrikiel
    Basically its Christmas and I've been busy all week, hanging out with friends & family (etc).
    Now, I said, today is finally mine! Im gonna relax and play some ESO.
    NOOOOOOPE :D Not gonna happen, I guess.
    I haven't been properly able to login for a 1-2 hours now.
    I mean I COULD log in Before, BUT with very frequent DISCONNECTS.
    And NOW, like many other fellow ESO players here;
    I CANNOT login, at all.

Earlier today, I was very specific about not hooking up with any friends this evening.
    Now I wish I wasn't, hahah :D
    Options
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same errror.... got rekt :/
    Edited by Mady on 26 December 2015 20:55
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
    Options
  • Exigo
    Exigo
    ✭✭
    We want to spend the holidays with ESO not in the family :D ! Solve that I have to take the vigor!
    Exigo Stormur Herra - Sorcerer | Alliance Rank 50
    -Exigo - Nightblade | Alliance Rank 44
    Zerg Squad
    Options
  • gefstyle
    gefstyle
    ✭✭✭
    This "DDOS attacks" is geting old already...How about after more than 1 year and half to solve the freaking lag and after giveaway 1 mil $$$ or invest it in more competent tehnical staff
    Options
  • ThirtySevenCoins
    ThirtySevenCoins
    ✭✭✭
    Same, cant login

Error 201 (7:4:419:1060)

Merry Christmas all :smile:

Bah Humbug! :)

Happy humbug Ebenheart Scrooge!

Thank you Tiny Tim :)
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.
    Options
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thalmar wrote: »

It has been 3-4 hours, trying to log on, being kicked off of the server every 1 minute. People are frustrated for a reason, they are not blindly spitting their frustration. You Mr. Knows Everything Better Than Everyone as an ambassador should really work on your social skills before attacking people's intelligence. It is not his but ZOS developers', technicans' job to fix it. If you don't have empathy for people it is always better not to comment, just saying for further references.

So when something in life doesn't work to plan its ok to rage and be rude?

I guess when whatever you have responsibility for irl goes wrong and you go about fixing it you expect a little patience and generosity of spirit in return.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
    Options
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if we're patient we'll all get a free fortified nirncrux.
    Options
  • Nugge
    Nugge
    ✭✭✭
    IMG_4397.JPG

Daedric wiring...
    @Nugge (nəgɛ)
    No evil is honorable: but death is honorable; therefore death is not evil.
    Options
  • Thalmar
    Thalmar
    ✭✭✭
    I also do not believe it is DDOS attack, it is obviously the servers overexceeded, overloaded their capacity that is why the login server(s) has closed down as the people inside can play in peace while we (who are being left out) try to log in.

So called DDOS attack will probably end when the prime time over or when the kids go sleep or when many people gave up thus servers can handle the load. But there is no way to prove if the reason is overload or not, so we will just sit in front of computer and wait for the login servers to be on again.
    Options
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    Razrikiel wrote: »
    Basically its Christmas and I've been busy all week, hanging out with friends & family (etc).
    Now, I said, today is finally mine! Im gonna relax and play some ESO.
    NOOOOOOPE :D Not gonna happen, I guess.
    I haven't been properly able to login for a 1-2 hours now.
    I mean I COULD log in Before, BUT with very frequent DISCONNECTS.
    And NOW, like many other fellow ESO players here;
    I CANNOT login, at all.

Earlier today, I was very specific about not hooking up with any friends this evening.
    Now I wish I wasn't, hahah :D

Boo-hoo.
    Options
  • billcage
    billcage
    Same problem location Turkey . Turkey's big banks and governor web sites have gotten cyber attack on past days.Now the ESO EU server got DDOS attack. It is very weird situation.I think some bad hackers try to break to people's Xmas holiday.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thalmar : you are very rude.

Chill and relax. A videogame server is down. That's all. Nobody's dying.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gefstyle wrote: »
    This "DDOS attacks" is geting old already...How about after more than 1 year and half to solve the freaking lag and after giveaway 1 mil $$$ or invest it in more competent tehnical staff

It's nothing to do with the normal lag ingame, people are getting disconnected and they're then getting unusual error reports when trying unsuccessfully to log back in.
    Options
  • Ravinya
    Ravinya
    ✭✭
    Ok I'm confused now. I thought this was only EU server so I wanted to play on NA server instead but get the same error. Shouldn't it work?
    Options