Anyone else can't connect to the game? (EU)

• pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pc eu

- could not recieve announcements
    - Error 201

Looks to me like there is absolutely no connection to anything at all
    Options
  • Eltharin
    Eltharin
    Soul Shriven
    getting 201 error too
    Options
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    This is completely appalling. What the hell is actually happening here? Are you getting a DDOS attack, are your servers borked, can we just have some honesty about what the problem actually is please?
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
    Options
  • Evilie
    Evilie
    ✭✭
    Same here, error 210 over and over
    Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is completely appalling. What the hell is actually happening here? Are you getting a DDOS attack, are your servers borked, can we just have some honesty about what the problem actually is please?

They said it's a ddos on EU server.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • Evilie
    Evilie
    ✭✭
    sorry, error 201 not 210
    Options
  • alakmir
    alakmir
    ✭✭✭
    again same problem ... stupid game
    Emeeru - AD Sorc
    Solo/ duo/ trio with Sabal/Rubeus
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes, but how can it be that the servers are not protected against this kind of attack??
    Options
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭

Read back a little and you'll find your answer
    Options
  • RobBrookeb16_ESO
    201 Error too. :< PC EU
    Options
  • Merkzz23
    Merkzz23
    ✭✭
    PS4 EU - logged in for 15 mins now and it seems to be fine
    Vet 16 DK Tank
    Vet 12 Magicka Sorc
    Vet 1 Magicka Templar
    Lv 40 Magicka NB
    Lv 24 Stam NB
    Lv 8 Stam DK
    Lv 8 Magicka Sorc
    Lv 8 Stam NB
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

yes, but how can it be that the servers are not protected against this kind of attack??

Ask Microsoft and Sony about their protection last year. Especially Sony who suffered for a few days. I guess that's just what's gonna happen every year at Xmas. Some lonely, neglected kids get bored.
    Options
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »

Ive just seen that this was said 3 hours ago, whats happened since. Same problem; unable to counter this, something new.....just an information update isn't too much to ask for is it?
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
    Options
  • Nirnroot
    Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭
    same problem Error 201 :(
    _-_
    Options
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know that many players are able to login, but i've been rejected since yesterday morning, and it even took many hours and a lot of trouble until i found out that the problem wasn't at my end. by any chance would i be able to login if i upgrade my account to ESO Plus?
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well go out and engineer smth that protects against every kind of ddos and best not kick clients all the time with falls positives... i am the first to say zeni has some issues regarding their game but hell i work in the it sector and not much you can do beside retroactively change your protection so that this won't happen anymore
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »

Ask Microsoft and Sony about their protection last year. Especially Sony who suffered for a few days. I guess that's just what's gonna happen every year at Xmas. Some lonely, neglected kids get bored.

hmm, but pretty weird thing is, that some people are able to connect and stay connected, while some are not able to connect or are being kicked after some time.

I am now connected maybe 10 minutes already and no problems

PC EU
    Edited by altemriel on 26 December 2015 19:47
    Options
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    pronkg wrote: »

Ive just seen that this was said 3 hours ago, whats happened since. Same problem; unable to counter this, something new.....just an information update isn't too much to ask for is it?

Had an update 48 minutes ago.
    Options
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i know that many players are able to login, but i've been rejected since yesterday morning, and it even took many hours and a lot of trouble until i found out that the problem wasn't at my end. by any chance would i be able to login if i upgrade my account to ESO Plus?

Nope, trust me :'(
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
    Options
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, trust me :'(

well... that was my last hope to play this weekend :\
    Options
  • melodeath
    melodeath
    ✭✭✭
    some people are able to login because thats what a ddos does.

for every x000 amount of data beeing sent from botnets or W/e to their server a bit of data from an actual player gets through. wich is why only a few are managing to log in.
    Edited by melodeath on 26 December 2015 19:52
    Options
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »

hmm, but pretty weird thing is, that some people are able to connect and stay connected, while some are not able to connect or are being kicked after some time.

I am now connected maybe 10 minutes already and no problems

PC EU

I know that's weird. But I don't know anything about the tech behind the game, especially servers. All I can do is wait patiently for them to find an answer.

And hope that this section is entertaining. I mean we've got one guy asking whether ESO Plus will help to get into the game. That's a good start . . . right?!
    Options
  • ThirtySevenCoins
    ThirtySevenCoins
    ✭✭✭
    Kicked out 10 mins ago, still getting 201.
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

ESO Plus will for sure not help you now :). It is a server problem right now, not an account problem ;)
    Edited by altemriel on 26 December 2015 19:56
    Options
  • talabrina
    talabrina
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.
    PC-EU.
    No announcements + error 201
    Edited by talabrina on 26 December 2015 19:59
    < Wipe is NOT an Option >
    < Blackswords >

PC / EU
    EP | Syntlara | Nord Magicka Templar | Heal | VR16
    EP | Deadly Barbie | Breton Magicka Templar | Heal | VR16
    DC | Vicious Ken | Altmer Magicka Templar | Heal | VR 16

I do love to heal !
    Options
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unable to connect too (MAC EU)

I was able to connect at around 18:30 (Paris time), but I am no longer able to login nor receive the announcements on the login page.

Bad news for the weekend.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on 26 December 2015 20:10
    Options
  • LKane
    LKane
    ✭✭
    At least I'm getting my punch in the face (error 201) faster now.:-)
    Options
  • Evilie
    Evilie
    ✭✭
    My friends were able to log in and are playing fine in Cyro, I am stuck outside with error 201..
    Options
  • Pegasusstorm
    Pegasusstorm
    Soul Shriven
    I'm just wondering if we will get the day back on to our membership for ESO plus members, as I have just re-subbed I know.
    I know its a long shot but we are losing game time because of the idiots that's doing the Ddos attack.
    Options
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that's not funny.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
    Options