Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant Destruction -- Screenshots only!

• aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    aco5712 wrote: »
    @DeLindsay the damage I get from templars is consistent, whether it's from a rank 35 vr14 templar or a rank 6 vr8 templar. No way every templar in game has the bug.
    I also get the same range of damage from Templars using RD, which is 4-6K/tick and the very occasional 7K. That's VERY easy to manage with Shield and some Heals. I've eaten 2 at once without dying and can just barely handle 3 at once as long as a 4th Player isn't stunning/disorienting me. TBH that's working as intended. It's an execute ability that's supposed to do good damage and if Players build their set right (including abilities on their bars) they can deal with more than a single Player. If I was a Sorc it would be even less of an issue with Hardened Ward spams (far superior to what I have as a NB).

@DeLindsay i have built my build right. I built to tank. If there are no radiant destructions, i can tank a group of 10+. As soon as one of them starts beaming im either rolling away or spamming heals. I run damage shields constantly for the 30% healing buff and to deal with the archer spam. I seriously dont know what to do anymore but to reroll into a range dps....
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Idk. I have 17k armor and spell resists with 10% more resist from the champion system. Ive been hit for 15k with jesus beam
    Are you wearing Construct 5pc which is 5pc of Impen and do you have any points in Resistant in the Champion system? I ask because I do wear Construct 5pc and have points in Resistant and have never been hit for more than ~7K/tick. Meteor however has hit me the single highest so far and that was 10.8K and I wasn't paying attention once and got destroyed by a Sniper and his highest was 8.8K. Even Fire Ballista hits me for over 7.4K (as a Vampire) if I'm not paying attention.

I shouldnt have to spec like a tank to avoid one ability because I cant effectively do anything but hold block and pray. I actually have great defense skils and resists for a DPS. No other ability I have issues with atm. Just the one beings spammed all of a sudden in Cyrodiil by every templat who is spec for healing/tank/DPS. Dont matter.... They all have it for a reason.

It needs to be fixed.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I have with this ability is that when I'm trying to tank for my group all the templars will just jesus beam me. You can't defend against it because it's a channel for 36m so I ain't gonna interrupt anything and then they all have it on you at the same time you will die because the damage is just absurd. Never has anyone complained about executioner, mages fury or impale the way they have about RD. Hmm I wonder why. make it purgeable or manageable at least because right now it's not.

Note: I am fully tank spec, 32500 Armour and 31000 spell res with further mitigation from gear and CP. I mitigate all single target damage by about 78% except this. Have no counter to this atm....
    28 meters*
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    Are you sure that this isn't one of those graphics issues - perhaps somewhat similar to how you sometimes see the res graphic coming from miles away?
    Yes it could absolutely be a graphics bug. It hasn't happened to me (when I was farther than 28/36m) I've just seen it while on the battlefield.

@TheBucket If you don't want to use the tools ZoS gives you (damage reduction gear) then none of us here can help you.

@aco5712 Let me put it another way. As a NB I CANNOT Tank 10+ Players but I can eat 2 Jesus Beams and under the right circumstances 3 simultaneously. The best I've managed group wise was 6-7 and I barely lived and only because I had Devouring Swarm and my Tri-Pot up at just the right time. I just barely got back to my group (I got myself too far ahead and got jumped) but survived. That however is not the norm for me. I take much less damage from individual Players than most people are crying about right now. Is that solely because of Construct, I can't say but it sure as hell seems to be the only difference between my "build" and others when I get hit by RD for 4-6K ave and 7K spikes while others (who don't want to "have" to wear Construct) are being hit as high as 21K. For all I know Construct is bugged and reducing ALL Crit damage right now. Considering all the bugs that were reported on PTS that ZoS let go Live maybe this is one too.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeLindsay i have built my build right. I built to tank. If there are no radiant destructions, i can tank a group of 10+. As soon as one of them starts beaming im either rolling away or spamming heals. I run damage shields constantly for the 30% healing buff and to deal with the archer spam. I seriously dont know what to do anymore but to reroll into a range dps....

Maybe accept the fact that there is finally a counter to DKs' Scales, and you won't be able to survive in every single 10 vs you situation in the game anymore?

Sorry if that sounds snarky, but the sense of entitlement on the part of some DKs is the sad result of nearly a year of being OP. There's now a counter to your build? Welcome to the world all the other classes have been facing since launch.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe accept the fact that there is finally a counter to DKs' Scales, and you won't be able to survive in every single 10 vs you situation in the game anymore?

Sorry if that sounds snarky, but the sense of entitlement on the part of some DKs is the sad result of nearly a year of being OP. There's now a counter to your build? Welcome to the world all the other classes have been facing since launch.

I played solely on my night blade except the last month or so because of 1.6 and the changes to heavy Armour. That's when I started playing dk so it's not about me thinking I'm op and not bbeing able to reflect it. I just feel that this skill is killing the role of a pvp tank. That's my 2c but it's up to ZOS now if they wanna change it or not.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just feel that this skill is killing the role of a pvp tank.
    The only two Roles for a PvP Tank are bait and bait, that's it. You already said you can Tank 10+ (without RD spams) so I'd say you're doing just fine as bait.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I played solely on my night blade except the last month or so because of 1.6 and the changes to heavy Armour. That's when I started playing dk so it's not about me thinking I'm op and not bbeing able to reflect it. I just feel that this skill is killing the role of a pvp tank. That's my 2c but it's up to ZOS now if they wanna change it or not.

I'm sorry, but if you're a real tank this ability does NOTHING unless in deep execute range as long as the templar isn't taking advantage of the nirn bug. Next patch they have a fix for it so just wait until they fix it and you will be much tankier as your resists will count for something.
    Edited by Huntler on 13 March 2015 15:57
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id onot have any problems, other abilities are much much more problematic to me...
    as an example : http://i.imgur.com/VIe6oqU.png
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    Are you sure that this isn't one of those graphics issues - perhaps somewhat similar to how you sometimes see the res graphic coming from miles away?
    Yes it could absolutely be a graphics bug. It hasn't happened to me (when I was farther than 28/36m) I've just seen it while on the battlefield.

@TheBucket If you don't want to use the tools ZoS gives you (damage reduction gear) then none of us here can help you.

Thats the whole issue you continue to ignore. There are plenty of other ways to reduce damage in ESO. You shouldnt be forced to play ESO Tanks Online to avoid the one ability thats eats through all thos defense abilities but one.

Its not suppose to work like that.

This is like when Camo Hunter was one shotting Vamps and peoples solutions were.... Dont be a Vamp. Lol.

Ridiculous.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically, you had no spell resistance due to the Nirnhoned bug. The spell is a 3-second channel even though the death recap lists it all together, so he was doing about 5 or 6k DPS.

Looks a little weak, actually; you can get much better DPS with other skills.

Lol ya people seem to ignore this. Sure he is using nirnhoned and the fix will go a long way. But that's is 3 full casts 9 seconds, many are claiming to be doing 10-15k DPs which should do 90k+ in 9 seconds...also tones of its damage comes from eating shields between you. If I'm at 5 k health when someone casts on me it would do 5k damage, if I cast harness magical it will still do execute and have to go through the 10 k shield. And if i spam shields...When I'm getting hit for 20k+ that's mostly just my damage shields.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natjur wrote: »
    DK are Melee and in the past most players had issues against a DK has the DK has reflex.

The main reason DK are having issues with Radiant Destruction, is its a channel.

So you can't block it, purge or or reflect it.
    All you can do it stun the caster and as its range, you need to close that gap fast.

I see this as Rock, Paper, Scissors

Templars > DK > Sorc > NB > Templars

Blocking mitigates the damage therefore its blockable.
  • Azharan
    Azharan
    ✭✭
    <3
    Screenshot_20150306_023220.png
  • mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    e0lnnYh.jpg
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if somebody said it already, but there's also Puncture in that death recap. If I'm not mistaken, it reduces your spell resistance.. by a lot?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are not fully tank spec'ed if you are wearing most-all medium armor. You need heavy armor. I don't care what the theory crafters may be telling you. If they are telling you that being in medium armor is being fully tank spec'ed, then they are wrong and need to be completely and utterly ignored. that 1/4 difference in armor is quite a bit.

Now, idk where these damage numbers are coming from. I am going to assume its mainly due to you trying to tank in medium armor. It could also be the nirnhoned bug.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a VR14 DK with full medium armor, sword and board....fully tank spec'd....
    Lol that you got hit for 16K dude, you seriously need to invest in actual defensive gear. The highest tick I've seen from Jesus Beam since 1.6 hit Live is just over 7K, it usually ticks for 5-6K on me but I tested all this pretty well on PTS and built my PvP gear for 1.6 accordingly. Certainly there are bugs with it that ZoS needs to fix like not being able to LoS it, the 300% Bloster starting immediately at 50% instead of ramping up, the fact that it seems to have a 100+ meter range atm and the Ninrhoned Weapon issue but people that want to complain about taking high damage when they aren't built TO take high damage I just can't take seriously.

Exactly my point. I *do* have pvp defensive gear, I use a shield, and have points in just about everything that reduces damage (yes, champion points too.) I'm wearing 5-piece pvp vr14 gear, all armor/weapons I am wearing are legendary, and I have the impenetrable trait on all gear that can have it.
    yet its in most-all medium armor, according to you; therefore, you will NEVER have the highest possible defense. Medium armor is not meant for taking damage, it is meant for dodging, sneaking, and being a stamina DPSer. It is not armor a tank should be using to tank. Your legendary medium armor will never be as defensive as half way improved heavy armor.(yes the difference is that big)

Not to mention all the bugs going around. therefore, it is impossible and illogical to trust your results.

[/quote]

plz put on some heavy armor, and actually achieve the defense a tank is supposed to have, then try this again.
    Edited by Cody on 18 March 2015 02:58
  • Tiitus
    Tiitus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a VR14 DK with full medium armor, sword and board....fully tank spec'd....

Screen_Shot_2015_03_08_at_11_12_32_AM.png

Seems to me DKs are upset that they cant god mode everything in their tightie whities anymore... adapt put a stun or interupt on yur bar or get better gear.. simple.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I shouldnt have to spec like a tank to avoid one ability because I cant effectively do anything but hold block and pray. I actually have great defense skils and resists for a DPS. No other ability I have issues with atm. Just the one beings spammed all of a sudden in Cyrodiil by every templat who is spec for healing/tank/DPS. Dont matter.... They all have it for a reason.

It needs to be fixed.

I'm a light armor build not speced to tank. I have no problems with this ability. Your problem is "holding block and pray." Once you stop being a passive target dummy, you will find this ability is not that hard to defend against.
  • mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭

It needs to be fixed.

I'm a light armor build not speced to tank. I have no problems with this ability. Your problem is "holding block and pray." Once you stop being a passive target dummy, you will find this ability is not that hard to defend against.

How does being in light armor do anything to radiant destruction I could easily destroy you in cyrodiil.

I am able to hit 6.5k crit per tick with 23k magicka 50% spell crit using crappy gear and 111 champion points on a person with heavy armor. Against a player with an average hp of 20-22k without shields assuming im running with a group of 10 since ZERG life is op. After throwing entropy, sunfire, darkflare, radiant destruction, at long range which I'm always in since im a healer, you're at execute range which is 50%, then the next 2 ticks which are 1.2 seconds apart are hitting at execute range which is scaled up to 330% which will kill you even if you are roll dodging, spamming heals, putting shields, spamming pots, and I can spam it with barely any cost and I dare you to try and bash me when i'm behind people.

Even in a group of 3 vs your group of 3 without a templar i can laser each one down with my group and be safe because i'll use blazing, healingward, and white strakes when i'm low.

I have a templar and I realize how stupid this ability is and it's making players who would otherwise never get kills in cyrodiil, kill everything.

A simple fix would be to reduce the execute range to 20% like every other execute or increase the channeled time to 5 seconds.
    Edited by mortuusbae on 18 March 2015 09:48
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A skill like Radiant Destruction is the reason why anyone with a bit of a brain wears heavy armor, caster or not.
  • mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    A skill like Radiant Destruction is the reason why anyone with a bit of a brain wears heavy armor, caster or not.

It needs to be fixed.

Your comment contradicts the light armor comment so clearly you both have no idea what the skill actually does
    Edited by mortuusbae on 18 March 2015 09:41
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mortuusbae wrote: »

It needs to be fixed.

How does being in light armor do anything to radiant destruction I could easily destroy you in cyrodiil.

I am able to hit 6.5k crit per tick with 23k magicka 50% spell crit using crappy gear and 111 champion points on a person with heavy armor. Against a player with an average hp of 20-22k without shields assuming im running with a group of 10 since ZERG life is op. After throwing entropy, sunfire, darkflare, radiant destruction, at long range which I'm always in since im a healer, you're at execute range which is 50%, then the next 2 ticks which are 1.2 seconds apart are hitting at execute range which is scaled up to 330% which will kill you even if you are roll dodging, spamming heals, putting shields, spamming pots, and I can spam it with barely any cost and I dare you to try and bash me when i'm behind people.

Even in a group of 3 vs your group of 3 without a templar i can laser each one down with my group and be safe because i'll use blazing, healingward, and white strakes when i'm low.

I have a templar and I realize how stupid this ability is and it's making players who would otherwise never get kills in cyrodiil, kill everything.

A simple fix would be to reduce the execute range to 20% like every other execute or increase the channeled time to 5 seconds.

Well, you haven't destroyed me yet with radiant destruction for how easy you claim it to be. I have PvPed every day since the patch came out and just as DeLindsay correctly pointed out, the Templars who insist on spamming this ability are only getting 4-6K damage on me - and that is from 3 seconds of channeling.

And that is my point. Light armor does nothing to mitigate against this ability yet somehow I am having less problems that the "full tank specs" out there. I am pretty sure this is because I do more than "block and pray" when targeted by this ability.

And you clearly have zero idea of balance. First of all, every other execute is not 20%. Second of all you tell me how your proposed "fix" of reducing the execute range to 20% even comes close to matching Mages Fury, which has the same range as radiant destruction, is an instant cast, does not put the sorcerer at risk while using the ability, and gives the target zero time to react or counter?
    Edited by Joy_Division on 18 March 2015 15:29
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought people were over this. I have seen it less and less in Cyrodiil. It has shown up in my death recap but most I have seen it up to so far is 10k which is not much for 3 seconds when I look at lethal arrows at the same recap with 7k each.
  • mortuusbae
    mortuusbae
    ✭✭✭
    mortuusbae wrote: »

It needs to be fixed.

Well, you haven't destroyed me yet with radiant destruction for how easy you claim it to be. I have PvPed every day since the patch came out and just as DeLindsay correctly pointed out, the Templars who insist on spamming this ability are only getting 4-6K damage on me - and that is from 3 seconds of channeling.

And that is my point. Light armor does nothing to mitigate against this ability yet somehow I am having less problems that the "full tank specs" out there. I am pretty sure this is because I do more than "block and pray" when targeted by this ability.

And you clearly have zero idea of balance. First of all, every other execute is not 20%. Second of all you tell me how your proposed "fix" of reducing the execute range to 20% even comes close to matching Mages Fury, which has the same range as radiant destruction, is an instant cast, does not put the sorcerer at risk while using the ability, and gives the target zero time to react or counter?

the fact that you think mage fury and radiant destruction are on the same level makes me think all you do is pve all day because you have no idea have overpowered the skill is and I bet the only reason you're not killing anyone with radiant destruction is because you're bad and clearly have no idea what other class abilities do. And if you think a channeled execute that is constantly putting 10k procs on someone will make them want to bash you when there is one other person attack them you really have no idea how pvp works. The only reason you are even trying to defend a broken skill is because you have no idea how to play a templar in pvp.
    Edited by mortuusbae on 18 March 2015 22:43
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That skill is strong lets all agree on this. I was defending it as a templar before it went on live due to its channeled nature. It wasn't seem to so powerful on paper or any 1v1 duels and still isn't. But in any zergy situation like keep sieges or small scale fights that includes multiple enemy templars, this skill is way too hard to counter as all of you experienced. It's near to impossible to survive/counter when you have more that 1 laser on you except you are a sorc or nb. They can easily run or vanish but poor temps and dks must stay there and *** their own resources to shield/heal/bash through for a relatively cheap spell.

Damage is ok as it being 3 seconds channeled skill that ticks around 5k. But it has to be purgeable and LoS-able.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant destruction ticks 7 times in the 3.6 seconds it is cast

If a Nightblade used impale 7 times and they all stacked on the death recap they would do more if not the same damage, and same goes for Sorcs endless fury, 2h reverse slash, and duels whirlwind.

don't be ignorant.
    ~Thallen~
  • Hokutensamuraib14_ESO
    looks like you were....

Radiantly Destructed

YEAAAAAAAAH