Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant Destruction -- Screenshots only!

kingkhaungs
I'm a VR14 DK with full medium armor, sword and board....fully tank spec'd....

Screen_Shot_2015_03_08_at_11_12_32_AM.png
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    medium armor isn't fully tanked spec'd 0.o
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    This. You get 3/4 of the spell resist you'd get with Heavy Armor, and the Templar was probably using Nirnhoned meaning your spell resist didn't do jack diddly doo.
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • kingkhaungs
    Just to be clear, In the time it took for a Pact Guard to hit me twice, Gregonias did 36K damage.

This ability is spammable, low-cost, and ranged.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't post a screen shot!

There are 97848907892349873878927348275341541589315719.3 threads about how jesus beam is the second coming of the 4th circle of hell already.

That being said:

tux_penguin_clip_art_6606.jpg
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • kingkhaungs

That is why I separated medium armor from tanked spec'd in my description. Understand?
  • kingkhaungs
    Panda244 wrote: »
    This. You get 3/4 of the spell resist you'd get with Heavy Armor, and the Templar was probably using Nirnhoned meaning your spell resist didn't do jack diddly doo.

I'm glad you agree the ability is ridiculous.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can separate it however you want, but you can't be wearing medium armor and say you are tank spec'd. It doesn't work that way.

1 +...................................................................1 doesn't = 4
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It needs to be fixed so it stops procing so early, and nirnhoned needs to be fixed so it doesn't ignore 100% of your spell resist. Other than that I don't see a problem with the ability except for it's low cost and spammable ranged aspect that you can't interrupt via gap closer because the ability has a range of 28m gap closers have a range of 24m
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically, you had no spell resistance due to the Nirnhoned bug. The spell is a 3-second channel even though the death recap lists it all together, so he was doing about 5 or 6k DPS.

Looks a little weak, actually; you can get much better DPS with other skills.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

While you're dying to that second beam the sorc is already dead from being 2-shot by the guard. Count your blessings.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, In the time it took for a Pact Guard to hit me twice, Gregonias did 36K damage.

..and it absolutely cannot be avoided..., well, unless you have an interrupt of some kind, but even those are iffy.
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grim13 wrote: »

..and it absolutely cannot be avoided..., well, unless you have an interrupt of some kind, but even those are iffy.

In regards to your usage of the term 'absolutely', I will just quote the accomplished swordsman, Inigo Montoya:

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite frankly, I'd be embarrassed to post a screenshot like this. It just makes you look like a target dummy.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol that you got hit for 16K dude, you seriously need to invest in actual defensive gear. The highest tick I've seen from Jesus Beam since 1.6 hit Live is just over 7K, it usually ticks for 5-6K on me but I tested all this pretty well on PTS and built my PvP gear for 1.6 accordingly. Certainly there are bugs with it that ZoS needs to fix like not being able to LoS it, the 300% Bloster starting immediately at 50% instead of ramping up, the fact that it seems to have a 100+ meter range atm and the Ninrhoned Weapon issue but people that want to complain about taking high damage when they aren't built TO take high damage I just can't take seriously.
  • kingkhaungs
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    Lol that you got hit for 16K dude, you seriously need to invest in actual defensive gear. The highest tick I've seen from Jesus Beam since 1.6 hit Live is just over 7K, it usually ticks for 5-6K on me but I tested all this pretty well on PTS and built my PvP gear for 1.6 accordingly. Certainly there are bugs with it that ZoS needs to fix like not being able to LoS it, the 300% Bloster starting immediately at 50% instead of ramping up, the fact that it seems to have a 100+ meter range atm and the Ninrhoned Weapon issue but people that want to complain about taking high damage when they aren't built TO take high damage I just can't take seriously.

Exactly my point. I *do* have pvp defensive gear, I use a shield, and have points in just about everything that reduces damage (yes, champion points too.) I'm wearing 5-piece pvp vr14 gear, all armor/weapons I am wearing are legendary, and I have the impenetrable trait on all gear that can have it.

So, you prove my point that this ability needs to be fixed. You're only assumption that could make sense to you was that I was standing in the middle of a fight naked. Not the case...

There is no other ability in the game that causes this much damage to me. Not Standard of Might, not Soul Assault, not Bat Swarm. And, all the ones I just mentioned are ultimates.

This needs to have an 8 meter range...at the very least!
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone in this thread fails, the discussion was clearly meant to be had in screenshot/meme form only. I am all the disappoint.

/thread
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭

There is two people that I see often in Cyrodiil. They are likely running the biggest iwin cheese build when you run in to them.

Gregonias is one of them. Lol
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭

Idk. I have 17k armor and spell resists with 10% more resist from the champion system. Ive been hit for 15k with jesus beam
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Everyone in this thread fails, the discussion was clearly meant to be had in screenshot/meme form only. I am all the disappoint.

/thread

SRY!

HPQwieOcMvGhO.gif
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It needs to be fixed so it stops procing so early, and nirnhoned needs to be fixed so it doesn't ignore 100% of your spell resist. Other than that I don't see a problem with the ability except for it's low cost and spammable ranged aspect that you can't interrupt via gap closer because the ability has a range of 28m gap closers have a range of 24m
    Does the damage bonus apply if you start channeling it before they target is reduced to the low health threshold?

:trollin:
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The average 1.6 death recap

0vK6xwG.png
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    The two random deaths I remembered to get pics of today:

wwfatf.jpg

29gedub.png

The one small RD I dodge rolled out of so I suppose that one doesn't count. Oh yeah, it is being said that it can't be blocked or rolled out of - hmmm - I always seem to be able to block it if I have stam. Rolling out of it is more situational perhaps.

Edited by Itoq on 12 March 2015 21:51
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While in 5 heavy 2 light:

6gdPmi0.png
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I have with this ability is that when I'm trying to tank for my group all the templars will just jesus beam me. You can't defend against it because it's a channel for 36m so I ain't gonna interrupt anything and then they all have it on you at the same time you will die because the damage is just absurd. Never has anyone complained about executioner, mages fury or impale the way they have about RD. Hmm I wonder why. make it purgeable or manageable at least because right now it's not.

Note: I am fully tank spec, 32500 Armour and 31000 spell res with further mitigation from gear and CP. I mitigate all single target damage by about 78% except this. Have no counter to this atm....
    Edited by aco5712 on 12 March 2015 22:20
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBucket wrote: »
    Idk. I have 17k armor and spell resists with 10% more resist from the champion system. Ive been hit for 15k with jesus beam
    Are you wearing Construct 5pc which is 5pc of Impen and do you have any points in Resistant in the Champion system? I ask because I do wear Construct 5pc and have points in Resistant and have never been hit for more than ~7K/tick. Meteor however has hit me the single highest so far and that was 10.8K and I wasn't paying attention once and got destroyed by a Sniper and his highest was 8.8K. Even Fire Ballista hits me for over 7.4K (as a Vampire) if I'm not paying attention and am standing in the circle when it lands.

@Isbilen I have no idea how you took that much damage.

Point is if you don't build for the much faster TTK now in Cyro you're going to die in a fire and those of us who do build for it aren't going to give you any sympathy. Sure I'd love to go back to my 1.5.8 build but it's just not practical anymore. I'd even love to be a Glass Canon of sorts but I prefer running with a group instead of solo or duo anyways.
    aco5712 wrote: »
    The only issue I have with this ability is that when I'm trying to tank for my group all the templars will just jesus beam me. You can't defend against it because it's a channel for 36m so I ain't gonna interrupt anything and then they all have it on you at the same time you will die because the damage is just absurd. Never has anyone complained about executioner, mages fury or impale the way they have about RD. Hmm I wonder why. make it purgeable or manageable at least because right now it's not.

Note: I am fully tank spec, 32500 Armour and 31000 spell res with further mitigation from gear and CP. I mitigate all single target damage by about 78% except this. Have no counter to this atm....
    It makes no difference right now how high your Resistance is if said Templar(s) are using Nirnhoned Trait that we bug reported repeatedly on PTS and ZoS still allowed it to go Live. Also RD should be able to be LoS'd which at current it isn't, so that will help as well. I have also personally seen it used at distances (not near any Keep) way WAY over 36m which seems to be another bug with it. There's no reason to ask it to be purged, it's not a DoT, it's like asking ZoS to make Light Attacks purgable since players can repeatedly hit you with those and I've seen some Players crit'ing with LA for over 8K.

Edited by DeLindsay on 12 March 2015 22:38
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeLindsay the damage I get from templars is consistent, whether it's from a rank 35 vr14 templar or a rank 6 vr8 templar. No way every templar in game has the bug.

You can purge mages fury proc off you so why can't I purge RD? It's exactly like soul assault which is purgeable.

Maybe the best way to solve this skill is to make it do constant damage depending on where your health is at. Ie. If I have 40% health it won't keep getting stronger the lower I get. It will get stronger when he recast it and my health is at 25% or whatever. This will stop the spam and cheapness of being at full health and using it and by the time it finishes they are dead.
    Edited by aco5712 on 12 March 2015 23:07
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aco5712 wrote: »
    @DeLindsay the damage I get from templars is consistent, whether it's from a rank 35 vr14 templar or a rank 6 vr8 templar. No way every templar in game has the bug.
    I also get the same range of damage from Templars using RD, which is 4-6K/tick and the very occasional 7K. That's VERY easy to manage with Shield and some Heals. I've eaten 2 at once without dying and can just barely handle 3 at once as long as a 4th Player isn't stunning/disorienting me. TBH that's working as intended. It's an execute ability that's supposed to do good damage and if Players build their set right (including abilities on their bars) they can deal with more than a single Player. If I was a Sorc it would be even less of an issue with Hardened Ward spams (far superior to what I have as a NB).
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    way WAY over 36m which seems to be another bug with it.

Are you sure that this isn't one of those graphics issues - perhaps somewhat similar to how you sometimes see the res graphic coming from miles away?

As far as I know every player who has moved out of my RD range has broken it. Just as I have broken RD when it is being channeled and I move out of it's range.

I think most players are lacking the willingness to decipher what RD numbers on the death recap really mean. How many heals were received while being hit by the RD shown? At what percent was health and at what times during the RD channel? How many other sources of damage were hitting the player and for how much (even if not show on the death recap?

Like most summaries, the death recap leaves out a lot of useful information. I suppose your could write a report on War and Peace after reading a summary. But I doubt that you would be well informed about the book or that you would be able to have an intelligent conversation about it.

A lot of this panic reminds me of when death recap was new and players were freaking out over some of the DOT's shown - mainly because they didn't understand what was being shown to them.

Edited by Itoq on 12 March 2015 23:57
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK are Melee and in the past most players had issues against a DK has the DK has reflex.

The main reason DK are having issues with Radiant Destruction, is its a channel.

So you can't block it, purge or or reflect it.
    All you can do it stun the caster and as its range, you need to close that gap fast.

I see this as Rock, Paper, Scissors

Templars > DK > Sorc > NB > Templars
    Edited by Natjur on 12 March 2015 23:50
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fact that you can't block/dodge/purge/reflect a spell that tics for 5k a pop/cost little to nothing/is ranged and is a bloody execute is part of the problem.