Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shieldspam online

• trimsic_ESO
    trimsic_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    Shield spam online is also bleed immunity online. People with a stamina build based on bleeding effects and with a set that procs off dots will have their build nullified by the bleed immunity of the damage shields.

yeah and every magic range dmg dealer has its entire dmg nearly nullified by perma blocking stamuser...
    http://i.imgur.com/ifoh7t9.png
    reducing the dmg dealt below values beeing covered by mutagen/rapid regen
    It's not possible to perma block in 1.6 - the stamina cost is way too high. But nice try, though.

You're wrong. There are still several perma-blockers.
    With specific builds - champion points in block cost reduction, ghyphs with block cost reduction. These are tanky builds. Why should you focus a tank in PVP?
    In the other hand, the bleed immunity is accessible to everyone who can cast a damage shield, not only the tanks.

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most Sorcs barely survive one rotation. Relaying on shields only is not the best choice.. :)

If you run around with 14k health I bet our duel won't even last more than 15 seconds.

#juststaminacatthings

R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coolermh wrote: »
    I would be fine with light armor sorcs doing more dmg than a med dps... because they actually do lol! Meteor does insane dps. Im not saying that they shouldn't have sheilds but if you can stay perma alive by just standing there and pressing imovable and sheild. Then on top of that if you start to feel like you might lose control of the situation .... bolt bolt bolt... In my opinion its OP. I guess we will see what happens though once everyone gets tired of chasing bolt escaping sheild stacking sorcs

Dude, just stop.
    • Meteor damage has nothing to do with lightarmor or sorcs. A NB medium armor stamina user can have just as deadly a meteor as the light armor sorc.
    • If someone stays "perma alive by just standing there and pressing immovable and shield," that just means you are a mediocre player incapable of killing a target that is not threatening you.
    • Your main problem is that sorcerers ESCAPE and RUN AWAY as opposed to actually defeating you or killing you. Gee, Cyrodiil must be tough for you.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with light armor sorcs doing more dmg than a med dps... because they actually do lol! Meteor does insane dps. Im not saying that they shouldn't have sheilds but if you can stay perma alive by just standing there and pressing imovable and sheild. Then on top of that if you start to feel like you might lose control of the situation .... bolt bolt bolt... In my opinion its OP. I guess we will see what happens though once everyone gets tired of chasing bolt escaping sheild stacking sorcs

Dude, just stop.
    • Meteor damage has nothing to do with lightarmor or sorcs. A NB medium armor stamina user can have just as deadly a meteor as the light armor sorc.
    • If someone stays "perma alive by just standing there and pressing immovable and shield," that just means you are a mediocre player incapable of killing a target that is not threatening you.
    • Your main problem is that sorcerers ESCAPE and RUN AWAY as opposed to actually defeating you or killing you. Gee, Cyrodiil must be tough for you.
    as everybody else is killing him i can understand his frustration when the "sure" kill just runs away.
    its like a cookie from granny wich has ben placed into the cupboard by mom right in front of you but unreachable, just in that moment when you want to bite into it ...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Head.hunter
    Head.hunter
    ✭✭✭
    Shields really don't need a nerf. No one seems to remember they nerfed bash a long time ago. Nothing wrong with running 1h/shield, it's far from op.
    I'm just a banana from another dimension.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shields really don't need a nerf. No one seems to remember they nerfed bash a long time ago. Nothing wrong with running 1h/shield, it's far from op.
    Do you know what we discuss in this topic? I guess no.

Because I can!
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    You can't just sit there and spam one ability, then complain if your target spams one ability and nothing really changes for either of you.

If you run into someone with beefy shields, the odds are excellent that they have the minimum possible stamina. There is stuff you can do with that fact. Just continuing spam of your favorite attack ability won't work (unless that ability is wrecking blow, and possibly lethal arrow if your gear is that good).
    QTF. People should pause a moment before making threads like this. Maybe ask themselves: "Is it worth looking like I have no idea how this game works and probably just embarrass myself because I can't figure out how to overcome a simple mechanic?"

We use our shields because we have to. To use my build to its full potential I need 7/7 LA. It's really not hard for stam users to get through the shields. Drain us of stam, and then wrecking blow us. Guarantee your attacks will slice through us pretty fast.

How do I drain your Stam? My shades hit like a wet noodle and I've seen DKs endlessly tank with multiple people wailing on them appearing to have endless pools of stamina. If I fear it gives cc immunity and enough time for the opponent to heal or regain stam. It's a vicious endless cycle.
    All you have to do is make them use break free. I am utterly shocked that more people can't figure this out...

A light armor sorc should be 2 shotable by a dps.... thats the deal with wearing light armor...what do you think you should be as tough as a med or heavy armor wearer?
    Shields only last as long as you have magicka. HA and it's passives work no matter how much stamina or magikca you have.

Yay fear is so good! except you will rarely ever get close enough to sorc who is harassing a group in pvp to use fear. Cause soon as someone starts going at them bolt bolt bolt.

Defend all you want... there is a reason there are so many complaints on the forums about sorcs
    Yeah there's a lot of complaints about Radiant Destruction too, should we nerf this game to point where a 4 year old can play it? You guys complaining about shield stacking are embarrassing yourselves. We shouldn't even be indulging you with tips on how you can defeat us since you refuse to listen anyway.

:trollin:
  • morf87
    morf87
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see many problems with shield spamming because with the amount of damage some specs can do you really do need them but there are a few in my eyes, firstly all shields should scale off your health meaning a more tanky focused player would have the largest shields not a full dps spec and secondly shields should act as health, same mitig and same crit defense.

Also i see alot of complaints here about radiant destruction most are unjust and im speaking from a NB point of view who has been on the receiving end alot, its easy to counter and the situations some describe it would of been no different if someone was spamming different skills, you would still die.
    Thing is dont trust the death recap it lies and is a really really poor alternate of what we all need which is a proper combat log showing actual abilities and damage.
    What i would say is if radiant destruction is to be changed, just reduce the range so its easier to counter and not spammed from a great distance.