Combatting Gold Spammers on the Forums

• GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @edu.journeymanub17_ESO - if you send a private message on the forum, by default it also emails it to the receiver. For example, if you private message me now, I get the email at my gmail.com account.
    Options
  • AtriasNaradan
    AtriasNaradan
    ✭✭✭
    This....

The name is dedewrew...

Zenimax, you should consider the possibility of tracking the gold seller in real life and sue them for EULA violation. See to it wether closing those goldseller websites possible or not by law. To be honest, those goldseller been a thorn for us real gamers all over the world, time to think of something to make what they do 100% illegal and a punishable crime by worldwide law.
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on 19 May 2014 09:39
    Options
  • ilyth
    ilyth
    "dedewrew sent you a message
    is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    Very low price
    Instant Delivery.
    This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    7/24 Customer Service!

Warm Regards, the ***
    10:23AM"

just this morning...

Look, I have reported tons spammers and botters...and nothing is changing. They are all over zone chat, ingame mail and now forums. I am considering blacklisting your email address and quiting the game - it has been more then a month and you cannot solve a simple spam issue.
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on 19 May 2014 09:39
    Options
  • edu.journeymanub17_ESO
    @edu.journeymanub17_ESO - if you send a private message on the forum, by default it also emails it to the receiver. For example, if you private message me now, I get the email at my gmail.com account.

The problem is:
    Adain wrote: »
    What pisses me off is that I got an e-mail to my personal e-mail account from the jerk.
    Just to clarify, you should have only received an e-mail from community@elderscrollsonline.com, which would have been an automated notification that you've received a private message on the forums. If you did receive an e-mail from an e-mail address other than this, please contact our Support Team so they can investigate further.

I received an e-mail direct from the hacker/gold seller and not from ESO community, although it was disguised with the title "ESO Community"...
    Options
  • Hoet
    Hoet
    Subject: [Elder Scrolls Online] demondshyu sent you a message

Content:
    ************ is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    • Very low price
    • Instant Delivery.
    • This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.
    • 100% Handwork Guaranteed!
    • 7/24 Customer Service!

Warm Regards,

---
    Follow the link below to check it out:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/messages/17402#45135

Have a great day!
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on 19 May 2014 09:45
    Options
  • Emrani
    Emrani
    demonuik sent me a message

It linked to here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/messages/16302#43980

When I first got the email I was concerned that somehow gold spammers had gotten hold of my email address, but I now realise that the email actually came from these forums, so I'm less concerned. Still annoyed though. Gold spam is annoying enough in game without getting it out of game as well.
    Options
  • DeffinuX
    DeffinuX
    Soul Shriven
    dehjdfkds sent you a message (on my private email account and same in the forum notifications)
    and in my forum inbox this:
    "50 people
    is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold. Very low price Instant Delive…"
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on 19 May 2014 10:09
    Options
  • impgirl
    impgirl
    ✭✭
    dehjdfkds sent you a message
    Options
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    demondshyu sent you a message
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
    Options
  • Praykon
    Praykon
    ✭✭
    Sent to my private forum mailbox from..

demonxuiy 2:34AM

edit:
    Opps im half asleep and not very good at this posting message stuff ,i deleted this message sent to my private message box from this guy named above.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This issue has gone way far beyond pissing me off and it is getting very close to the point of the game is just not worth going through all this trouble for.
    Edited by Praykon on 19 May 2014 11:44
    Options
  • Bulwyf
    Bulwyf
    Please add dehjdfkds to the gold spammer list. Sent me a message here on the forums and in game mail. The message was:

is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.

Very low price

Instant Delivery.

This company has very good reputation, selling in-game currencies since 2005.

100% Handwork Guaranteed!

7/24 Customer Service!

Warm Regards, the Team
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on 19 May 2014 13:06
    Options
  • Rhynchelma
    Maybe "handwork" means something in US English, but it sounds rather "strange" in UK English.

On another thread, I'm thinking of setting up consultancy service to correct the spammers' English.
    Options
  • VVolfsong
    VVolfsong
    Soul Shriven
    gdjhadj sent you a message
    Options
  • Dinah
    Dinah
    Soul Shriven
    Got a forum message notice yesterday from demonuik. It's a gold seller site.
    Options
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Iorail wrote: »
    @ZOS_AlanG, May I ask how that happened? I mean why does it shows that you invite him to the forums? (not that you did of course, right?) My page doesn't show that at all, or even that Invited by tab.
    @Iorail, @atreidus, forum accounts added since early access have been done with a forum invitation system, which is where the "invited by" field comes from.

We had a different system during beta, and any extant beta accounts won't have this field.
    I just received a message to my personal email address from the Elder Scrolls Community forums wanting to sell me gold. Now this is where I draw the line. When I start receiving personal emails from gold spammers through ESO's online forums, this is is clear violation of the terms of service. Who can I forward this email to.
    You can adjust your forum notifications by going here and selecting Notification Preferences on the left menu bar. This allows you to adjust when you get a forum notification (popup) and when you get emails. It's possible to fully disable either by un-checking all of the categories.
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on 19 May 2014 13:13
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Xidem
    Xidem
    gdjhad

i know its bad to say but that site realy needs a ddos. just to bring them out of the air and can't provid of other pll.
    ther servers IP 70.39.70.103 the conpany who hosting it for these pll is sharktech i would say get in contact with them and get things sorted out and get them out of the air because right now you are just 2 steps behind them constantly . its illigal by the law of the united states where both this server and that websites server is located so you can order a take down if i am correct.
    Edited by Xidem on 19 May 2014 13:43
    Options
  • Nikkae
    Nikkae
    ✭✭
    Just received this this morning....Seriously?

jkfjkereio sent you a message

*** is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    • Very low price
    • Instant Delivery.
    • 7/24 Customer Service!

Warm Regards, the ***
    Options
  • v.imbaudb16_ESO
    gdjhadj sent you a message
    Options
  • Anadenel
    Anadenel
    Soul Shriven
    jkfjkereio sent you a message
    Options
  • ulf.poischbegb14_ESO
    ulf.poischbegb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    dfksjkf
    Options
  • Tharca
    Tharca
    ✭✭
    jfkdjfkdjk sent you a message

[url=removed link***[/url] is the most secure place to buy Elder Scrolls Gold.
    • Very low price
    • Instant Delivery.
    • 7/24 Customer Service!
    removed link

Warm Regards, the ***

---
    Follow the link below to check it out:
    http:// forums.elderscrollsonline.com /messages /17943#removed number to make link invalid

Have a great day!

No message in my inbox, didn't click the link stating it was from elderscrollsonline because i NEVER click links in my mail. I am wondering how i got this this time. If there isnt a message in my inbox on the forums, my simple thinking would be that they sent it directly to my mail. How did they get access to it?
    Edited by Tharca on 19 May 2014 14:39
    Options
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    Name: jfkdjfkdjk
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
    Options
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Tharca wrote: »
    No message in my inbox, didn't click the link stating it was from elderscrollsonline because i NEVER click links in my mail. I am wondering how i got this this time. If there isnt a message in my inbox on the forums, my simple thinking would be that they sent it directly to my mail. How did they get access to it?
    Some of the PM spam was mass-deleted on the backend, which is why you no longer see this in your inbox.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold spammer: gdjhadj sent me two messages
    Options
  • wsvdyk
    wsvdyk
    here is the jerk that send me a pm for trying to sell gold and items to me: dfksjkf
    Options
  • PolskiBunny_ESO
    PolskiBunny_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got some forum gold spam from: demonxuiy.
    Options
  • Mekerek
    Mekerek
    Soul Shriven
    demondshyu sent you a message - Gold Spam
    Options
  • dwehger_ESO
    dwehger_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    djekewjrkew sent you a message
    Options
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fdgheqehhq 6:32PM
    forum private message spam
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options
  • Aardalynn
    Aardalynn
    dhfjdhfjs from *** sent me this spam at 6:34AM today!
    Options