The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Bank Account Being Charged?

• timtipi2
    timtipi2
    Rhoric wrote: »
    All sub based games require you to enter a subscription plan prior to receiving your free 30 days.

No, most MMOs do not actually, or did not when they still were subscription based games anyway.

indeed, in wow i nvr did that, i Always bought 30 days manualy, sometimes i ran out at the start of a bussy week, then i didnt even noticed i was out of gametime, because i had no time, then by the time it was weekend i manualy updated 30 days,

Options
  • damien.vandermeulenrwb17_ESO
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    I don't call it trolling, I call it a simple lack of understanding about how many many many western families live.
    I understand well how many western families live. I lived that way for quite a number of years, until I fortunately landed myself a decently paid job. Before this, I wasted money on online games and other toys that I really shouldn't have been paying for.
    Using your point of view, for their entire lives, many should not have a TV, drive a car, buy any games consoles, have access to the internet, sub to a game, have the occasional cheap holiday etc etc etc.
    No, using my point of view, many should be budgeting more than they do. I'm not saying people don't budget, but the VAST majority of people who live paycheck to paycheck do not budget. And they are the ones that should be budgeting more closely than anyone else. And far too many people in this position over-commit themselves financially.
    Many families are poor compared to a lot of others for their entire lives, often with both parents working long hours on min wage jobs, sometimes with more than one job.

and I don't expect such families to sit around a table at home playing I-spy every night, I expect them to work out their budget so that they do get money for a little relaxation time and say to take the kids to the movies occasionally.
    Not going for a sob story, but my father passed away when I was 12 years old, and my mother was on a single part time income, along with government welfare. But what you say is spot on. Expect them to work out a budget that allows for fun stuff.
    The idea that every family has savings/investments etc is a dream that simply will never ever be a reality for a lot of people.

This is true, but only to a point. Most people who would consider themselves in the category of being unable to save, are actually in a position to budget themselves to build up some 'emergency' savings. It's just a matter of carefully watching the outgoings and incomings.

This was never really meant to be a post on pulling apart income and expenditure, but in my experience (and I've experienced both sides of the income scale), the main thing getting in the way of people having money set aside, is the person's belief that they can't do it.
    Edited by damien.vandermeulenrwb17_ESO on 4 April 2014 19:04
    Options
  • Vinduilas
    Vinduilas
    ✭✭
    Im totally upset with this price politics, too. Monday Ill return the game to shop...
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ferikz wrote: »
    I find this situation funny actually. it's the same line of tought that allows people to have as many children as they want even tough they're only able to provide *** lives to them, and sometimes even have them begging in the streets, or starving.

Unexpected expenses are considerable amounts of money that severely affect your monthly budget, not 15 bucks. If you eat to much at tuesday and need an extra 15 bucks to eat till friday you're gonna starve to death ? stop the bs, or stop being dumb.

Bottom line is: don't write checks your mouth can't catch.

You make me giggle. <3

Oh god, you still here? I see you've been every 2 post or so in this topic for the last 6-8 hours. That's devotion, gotta say.
    Options
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    ferikz wrote: »
    I find this situation funny actually. it's the same line of tought that allows people to have as many children as they want even tough they're only able to provide *** lives to them, and sometimes even have them begging in the streets, or starving.

Unexpected expenses are considerable amounts of money that severely affect your monthly budget, not 15 bucks. If you eat to much at tuesday and need an extra 15 bucks to eat till friday you're gonna starve to death ? stop the bs, or stop being dumb.

Bottom line is: don't write checks your mouth can't catch.

You make me giggle. <3

Oh god, you still here? I see you've been every 2 post or so in this topic for the last 6-8 hours. That's devotion, gotta say.

Righteous anger, and multiple monitors work wonders. =)
    Options
  • Daviiid_ESO
    Daviiid_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just for me the store is down now? Maybe they're fixing something.
    Options
  • Hidey0shi
    Hidey0shi
    15$ (it's actualy more like 17$ in EU) is not that much money to me and I can afford it but that's not the point. The point is that the first 30 days SHOULD be free and when you redeem your code it actualy says 'you will be billed 0.00$'.
    And then they bill you full sub fee. This is ILLEGAL.

Even if they fix it now, everyone who has already been billed will still have to wait a few days for the charge to clear. (it's usualy few days and depends on the type of transaction and the bank, but there have been situations where I had to wait full 30 days for stuff like this).
    Options
  • R1ckyDaMan
    R1ckyDaMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just for me the store is down now? Maybe they're fixing something.

Nah just checked still asking for the £8.99 I wont have until later next week...

Did they honestly think every single person who purchased ESO would have a months sub waiting in the bank when not a single person was told we needed it until yesterday...

It does not matter if it is returned in a matter of minutes if the money is not there in the first place..

Edited by R1ckyDaMan on 4 April 2014 19:37
    Options
  • Ulven
    Ulven
    I want my money back, i dont have an international credit card (because im not from US) or any other method to charge a paypal account, even if i could, why should i invest more money for something that i already paid for? That over there is a cheat, they're trying to secure a second month payment from us, in a really nasty way.
    Edited by Ulven on 4 April 2014 19:48
    Options
  • SatansPressAgent
    Ridiculous. A $1 authorization charge? Fair. But $15?

I want my money back. This has already turned me off of this game. Call me entitled, but I take money-matters very seriously.
    Options
  • 1111scornneb18_ESO
    its stupid let ppl decide when they want to pay not force them to abos its all just greed
    Options
  • IStreamSandwich
    People in game don't seem to grasp this either.
    No other MMO has done an authorization where they say "Oh, we're going to take the money off you but put it back"

When you buy the game, it states it comes with 30 days gametime. Not 30 days if you let them borrow some money. Zenimax have really dropped the ball and dissapointed MANY people. Lots of people are angry.

Also, if this isn't resolved, i'm going to have to ask for a refund, because I don't want to play a game ran by a company that does things like this.
    IStreamSandwich [Twitch.tv]
    (http://www.twitch.tv/istreamsandwich)
    Options
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Skallolf wrote: »
    All I see is QQ from people that have so little money they probably should be doing something other than playing MMOs.

Ignorance like this does little for anyone and yet you are free to give your opinion just as much as those who feel cheated are free to give theirs.

Maybe if you do not like what you are reading then you should be doing something other than reading the forums.

Sorry, I just find it bizarre. I worked 50 hours a week to put myself through college and had very little money to spend on other things. I guess I don't account for people that have other circumstances like disability that would keep them from having 15 dollars in their account. My apologies.
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you buy the game, it states it comes with 30 days gametime. Not 30 days if you let them borrow some money.
    Read it again, you're wrong, and there's no 'borrowing', you're clueless.

Edited by KerinKor on 4 April 2014 20:08
    Options
  • aegis156
    aegis156
    ✭✭
    Opened the box took out the book and statue tossed said box in the closet. Probably use the codes and Disk in the fire pit this weekend if it stops raining.
    Options
  • IStreamSandwich
    KerinKor wrote: »
    When you buy the game, it states it comes with 30 days gametime. Not 30 days if you let them borrow some money.
    Read it again, you're wrong, and there's no 'borrowing', you're clueless.

It was a way of putting it. Calm your ***.
    IStreamSandwich [Twitch.tv]
    (http://www.twitch.tv/istreamsandwich)
    Options
  • stormsky02
    I pre-ordered the retail Imperial Edition and was expecting 5 days early access which did not happen as I only got 2 days then I got my game to find that my statue inside was broken before I even got it out now there's this payment rubbish!! I payed £89.99 for this which is the most expensive game I've seen on the market to find out they want £9 which I don't have until next week even tho I have 30 days free, like the subscription fee's not bad enough , A warning would of been nice seen as all they said before hand was that you need credit details and nothing about taking money out before you can start, I started playing this game very optimistic about it in beta and defended it often but this is just one hit after another and I know people are going to defend it still but there's no escaping that this is extortion as it will cost me almost £100 to play a game that's put me through so much trouble and I'm yet to play properly yet, congratulations Zenimax your now officially the new EA in my eye's.
    Options
  • Rozari
    Rozari
    GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, i REFUSE TO PLAY DIS GAME WITH SUCH SHAMEFUL ATTITUDE TO CUSTOMERS!
    Options
  • aegis156
    aegis156
    ✭✭
    Seems to me(and I could be wrong here, but probably not)
    that most (not all, mind you...I realize some people might have genuine concerns)
    of the people posting...MOST OF THEM....planned to "sub up" then cancel to get their free month...and are now complaining they got charged the full price before they could cancel, and thus actually have to pay for a month instead of basically cruising for free, or paying a very low flat fee...in which case...Zenimax outsmarted you and now you're mad.

Seriously. If you're THAT strapped for cash, you really have no business dallying with video games in the first place.

Also...go to a s.p.e.r.m. bank and do what you do every day and then GET PAID FOR IT. Often $30 or more, then slap that cash in the bank. Viola. Two months paid for by masturbation.

Or, go to a blood bank or plasma center and donate blood plasma. First timers usually get around $30 for perhaps three hours of your time, in which two of it is spent lying on a table watching a movie with a needle in your arm.

Again, you've just -earned- two month's game time for what amounts to no work at all.

Yes, entitlement is rearing it's ugly head....and Zenimax owes you nothing for coming at them like you lot are.

Edit: Wow, it censored s-p-e-r-m, but not masturbation. Go figure.

More like I don't feel like subbing for an unfinished game. Firor promised a painless launch, something only Trion has pulled off lately. He also promised world class Support/customer service. If he meant third world he was spot on.
    Options
  • Signex
    Signex
    ✭✭
    I'm suprised they didn't locked this thread already, maybe they will consider changing it.
    I personally hope so, else i'm screwed after sunday.
    Options
  • BlessedBySanguine
    jircris11 wrote: »
    people..calm the hell down. Everquest/everquest 2 tera online and ultima online ALL did/do this when they were subs and some still do. You will not be charged and they said if you are for some reason charged to contact them and they will fix it. I have 4 bucks in my account and had no problem adding my card.

I haven't read all those posts yet but I did want to comment on this. While that's great that you had no issues, my bank shows the amount being held and has charged me an over draft before because my available funds were negative if it shows as such when the system closes at the end of business. I was double charged for the game and yet neither game showed up as purchased. I ended up buying it through amazon once my $150 was returned. But the hold stuck around for almost a week. I couldn't get gas because if anything else went through I would have gotten an over draft and had to try and get that reversed (which takes time too). Luckily, pay day was a a couple days before it dropped and I didn't need to go anywhere until then anyway. So while that may be true for some it can be risky for others. If they told me at check out I could plan accordingly but I thought it would be like most of the other MMOs or when I get gas and hold only $1
    Options
  • BooWitchkraft
    BooWitchkraft
    ✭✭
    This has nothing to do with entitlement. We can't let a company do whatever they like to us. "You have a free month, but first put your credit card no. here and let me charge you". This is not really the way to do it, seriously. I'm loving ESO, but this a mean move. Really mean...

For me it's not a matter of having US$14 and a credit card. Dude I pay in Brazilian Real, it's not 14 dollars, it's something on the average of 32~35 bucks for me monthly! I don't to be charged on my credit card because I have a free *** month and plus even being refunded I'll have to pay taxes for the transaction. Totally not cool!

I was planning to play this month and the next one I would put a game card when a brazilian store starts to sell, but now i'll wait until sunday to see how this issue is going to be solved.
    Options
  • thegamekittenub17_ESO
    The human compassion of some people is a bit hurting here. I spoke to a live rep from this company. I had another issue. I asked to be called earlier and received a phone call in a couple of hours.

The gentleman was nice and seem to care. We even chatted about the game. I did let him know of this forum posts. He seemed to want to help and is even going to try and help me resolve another issue even though he might not be able to accomplish it.

So, he gave me a small hope. But addressing the issue of charging a full sub shouldn't be as I have played many MMOs and WoW never did ask for my CC information but gave me a week warning.

But as in all companies there is a chain of command and works. And this just maybe the issue. The higher ups aren't see the backlash that has already occurred from this. They haven't felt the pinch yet.

Hopefully someone will acknowledge this issue soon. Because like I told the nice rep when I spoke to him. If this goes F2P then I will just move on back to WoW.

And judging someone's income isn't to nice. What they do with their money seems like it's their business. If you can afford it (and we could) that is fine, but to outright judge someone for not having the extra is low and ugly. I do understand because once I was there.

But with my problem I can't afford another account..so I'm not rich either.
    Options
  • tegrof10b16_ESO
    I'm not worried about going broke, or hitting overdraft, but I am quite concerned that the company that now has some of my financial information is this shady.

There's no reason for them to be charging people the full amount, heck, there's no reason for them to be charging anything at all until the 30 days are up. I've played plenty of MMOs and they don't charge you the sub fee before your time is up.

If it were _immediately_ reversed, it might not be a big deal, but the fact it is sitting there, not in my account, not attributing to my interest, but attributing to theirs (added into a much bigger pile with everyone else's) is concerning.

Seems like a pretty shady practice to rip us off for a few more dollars in the short term.

I'm glad I'm not one of those people with next to nothing in their accounts, but there are those people out there and those ones that might get hit with overdraft have reason to go after these guys for those overdraft fees if they aren't reversed.

Just how I feel, if you don't agree, I don't care.
    Options
  • Carafina34
    Carafina34
    ✭✭✭
    ok so 1) i did not have to enter payment to play my free trial with ff and
    2) You do not have to temporarily take money only to refund it!
    I would have been paying by prepaid card but now im not sure I want to play anymore. This all seems very unprofessional and really shakes my faith in zenamax. You are starting to remind me of microsoft xbox 1 scandel.

Options
  • histidin
    histidin
    i dont have enought money in bank so my card was not authorized and my friend even does not have bank account (i bought game for him) ... so now we are not able redeem our codes!!

but i still hope zenimax will fix it or they will end as bad as EA
    Options
  • whitefoxmuscogeeub17_ESO
    20 pages in and i still dont see a Dev response?
    Options
  • justjosb16_ESO
    justjosb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Think about the people who do not own a VISA, Mastercard or Paypal account and use Paysafe. We HAVE to buy another month to verify our account. That is just downright rude and disrespectful.

I really hope they cut of the verification and the monthly fee, otherwise I have to spend another 20 bucks on paysafe cards. Not up for that.
    Options
  • spartycus
    spartycus
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax is the new EA! "THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!" good job zenimax, your customer support sucks, and your game is pretty boring, I expect it to get 5-6-7 Reviews all over the internetz but no higher than a score of 7. Game has already cost me an arm and a leg, so I'm gonna to ride it out till endgame, if endgame is no good, I will simply move on. I feel very sorry for a lot of people out there, I'm fortunate. I would like to apologize to everyone for them having to put up with this ***!
    Options
  • annatarherunyaub17_ESO
    Sad.
    But what we have here:

1) Its a international game. Not everyone is from U.S. mainland.
    2) If you will charge a ''ping'', you need to say that you will charge a ping. "Wont charge your credit card'' isnt ''we will charge and refund''. Two different things.
    3) I have a international credit card for games, with a low limit. I have money, i dont have limit in my international credit card and i cant fund my paypal in dollars without a valid N.A. account. There is no BR retailer to buy a game time card. So i need to wait 2-3 business days to pay my credit card bill. Isnt a ''15 dollars'', is about 32-35 bucks here. About 5% of a minimal wage. Sure, i'll need to go to my bank and antecipate the bill to cover that. Cause Zenimax cant hold the rules ''we will not charge your credit card''.
    Its fair? No. Is legal? I dont know in the U.S. but not here and not in Europe. If you advertise something you need to hold that. I know that U.S. market dont have regulamentations like my domestic market, but its common sense no?

Yes, i can pay the 15 bucks fee. Yes, i'll pay my credit card bill next week. But i cant do that until monday. And isnt nice to pay for a game and wait to play cause Zenimax mess with the information.

2-3 Days until credit card bill process..maybe sounds a bit addicted. But i dont like to be cheated.
    Pre order a game is a sign of confidence. We can have but Zenimax no?
    Options