Bank Account Being Charged?

• Skallolf
    Skallolf
    ✭✭✭
    Nymbil wrote: »
    So basically, because I only have about $12 in my bank (I'm between paydays), I'm not going to be able to play the game I ALREADY PAID FOR until next week when I have enough to cover the authorization?

What kind of nonsense is this!?

Same here. I am disabled and on a fixed income. I saved to buy the preorder, and budgeted to start paying the sub in May. I don't have the money in there now and won't till next month as everything in my account now, is already slotted for bills. So am I basically being screwed out of more than a month worth of playing? It's bad enough I never received my explorers pack stuff, now this.

I think it is disgusting for a company to promise that they will only pre-approve a charge and then actually charge you the full amount.

For anyone saying that they have not done this, then they clearly never read when Zenimax told players :-

"The 30 days of free game time are granted to all players who fill out their billing information and select a subscription plan. A player will not be billed for that subscription until the 30 days of free access has expired. Subscribing players can find more information about their billing cycle by logging into My Account. The information will be available on the right-side column of this page."

This is morally wrong and I suspect it is also illegal.

I am on disability benefits and so simply cannot afford the full charge so soon due to the fact i have just bought the boxed copy of the preorder as I believed I would not need to pay for my subscription until the end of the 30 days.

Pre-approval is one thing, being charged right now is another thing entirely.

I think Zenimax need to rectify this situation asap because all I can see so far is a money grabbing company that cares little for its players.

My boxed set has just arrived and is sitting here unopened and still in the courier's packaging. I am considering sending it back for a full refund simply because I will not be able to pay the full sub fee for another 30 days anyway. I wonder how many others are feeling like doing the same.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure WoW also required you to enter CC information to authorize to access your 30 days. At least when I played.

It's amazing how people still whine that they've been charged and "WHY WHYY WHYYYYYYYY" when it has been clearly stated several times that it's just authorization and you HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED. Pre-Auth usually takes a couple of hours max.
    Anytime you want to link this clearly stated info i'd gladly read it, all my box says is i get a free 30 days subscription and i need a credit card to subscribe and internet access, no where on the packaging does it state i need my credit card to actually add my CD key and get my 30 days free time.

Paying 30 days to get 30 free isn't even free in my book..
    Options
  • prabab
    prabab
    What if I don't have such money on me? Am I DENIED from using my 30 days THAT I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR? This is a broken system and you need to change it immediately.
    Options
  • Flametyn
    Flametyn
    ✭✭✭
    Something was already broken in my about this game feelings when i discovered that 79$=79€ and don't tell that is for vat couse vat is 22% here in my country and even appling that it will be less than 79€.
    now after this in my mind is clear that:
    1) they want much money as possible;
    2) They don't care of the EU players as the NA ones looking also at the maintenance times and that support is only aviable on the NA work time
    Options
  • MrZeeck
    MrZeeck
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the Zenimax crew was taught about business and support management by EA...
    Options
  • Nymbil
    Nymbil
    ✭✭
    Skallolf wrote: »
    Nymbil wrote: »
    So basically, because I only have about $12 in my bank (I'm between paydays), I'm not going to be able to play the game I ALREADY PAID FOR until next week when I have enough to cover the authorization?

What kind of nonsense is this!?

Same here. I am disabled and on a fixed income. I saved to buy the preorder, and budgeted to start paying the sub in May. I don't have the money in there now and won't till next month as everything in my account now, is already slotted for bills. So am I basically being screwed out of more than a month worth of playing? It's bad enough I never received my explorers pack stuff, now this.

I think it is disgusting for a company to promise that they will only pre-approve a charge and then actually charge you the full amount.

For anyone saying that they have not done this, then they clearly never read when Zenimax told players :-

"The 30 days of free game time are granted to all players who fill out their billing information and select a subscription plan. A player will not be billed for that subscription until the 30 days of free access has expired. Subscribing players can find more information about their billing cycle by logging into My Account. The information will be available on the right-side column of this page."

This is morally wrong and I suspect it is also illegal.

I am on disability benefits and so simply cannot afford the full charge so soon due to the fact i have just bought the boxed copy of the preorder as I believed I would not need to pay for my subscription until the end of the 30 days.

Pre-approval is one thing, being charged right now is another thing entirely.

I think Zenimax need to rectify this situation asap because all I can see so far is a money grabbing company that cares little for its players.

My boxed set has just arrived and is sitting here unopened and still in the courier's packaging. I am considering sending it back for a full refund simply because I will not be able to pay the full sub fee for another 30 days anyway. I wonder how many others are feeling like doing the same.

Hmmm, my box should arrive today. I may just leave it in the box for now as well. I emiled customer support to see what they say about me not being able to sub till next month now. If I don't like their answer, GameStop might allow a return. I will be seriously looking into it.
    Options
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad thing here is that there's been no ZoS response on this thread. Really makes me wonder.

yes there is there just isn't a "skip to dev" button which is dumb
    Options
  • Phailps
    Phailps
    prabab wrote: »
    What if I don't have such money on me? Am I DENIED from using my 30 days THAT I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR? This is a broken system and you need to change it immediately.

You aren't going to lose any game time. Your free 30 days will start the day you set up your subscription plan. It doesn't say "free 30-day subscription starting April 4, 2014." Anyone who buys the game will have the same offer, even months from now. You may not get to start playing as early as you had hoped, but you will still get your free thirty days. We all need to calm down a bit. It may be annoying and frustrating, but it isn't worth raising your blood pressure or ruining your day.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ojustaboo wrote: »
    ShiBu wrote: »
    Bethesda’s Global VP of Marketing and PR, , Pete Hines

“If you don’t like the game, of course you’re not subscribing to it,” says Hines. “You get the game, you get your first month without having to pay for a subscription to see ‘is this thing a thing I like’? If your approach that you want to take is that, for example, you love Skyrim, you played it for 125 hours, but after three or four weeks you were done, then you can do the exact same thing in Elder Scrolls Online.”

http://games.on.net/2014/04/elder-scrolls-online-pete-hines-says-sub-model-only-fails-if-youre-not-getting-your-moneys-worth/

just as information.

Just to quote the next paragraph from what Peter Hines said
    “You can buy it, play the hell out of it for four weeks and go ‘Eh! I’m done. I did everything I wanted to do, I did a bunch of single-player stuff, I did a bunch of PVP, and now I’m out.’ Then you’re out. The subscription is irrelevant. The initial purchase is exactly the same as any other PC game because you don’t have to pay for the subscription until your 30 days is up.”

You dont have to pay for a subscription to use your 30 days, you simply have to authorize your card. In the end won't actually charge you anything, but show up as pending. WoW did this as well, at least back when I played.

People make a big deal about nothing. It's standard practice to authorize. If you buy a pair of jeans, the card gets authorized as well.
    And what if you don't have a card handy to Authorize, what if my card wont be handy until Tuesday at best?
    Options
  • mlindstrm
    mlindstrm
    Soul Shriven
    Customer support just copy pasted standard responses and asked me what I thought the problem was. I'm on my fifth mail back and forth now and the person I'm speaking to still refuses to understand.
    My English is fine so it can't be that he does not understand me.
    Options
  • Redmort
    Redmort
    Great, i paid 60$ for game, and now not able to play because i don't have another 13E on my card. :| B******T!
    Options
  • prabab
    prabab
    Phailps wrote: »
    You may not get to start playing as early as you had hoped, but you will still get your free thirty days.
    It's still a terrible business practice. It's a MMORPG game. You know, you kinda aren't supposed to play it alone. Timing is important, getting in sync with friends also.
    Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's just still the plain glaring factor that people will not understand: It was a dirty business move. It should not have happened like that in the first place.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options
  • Ao12321
    Ao12321
    My thoughts:
    1. They messed up. How on earth they didn't foresee a backlash from this decision is beyond me. So they're either incompetent or jeez I don't even know.
    2. Why on earth do we have to have money in our account? We paid the box price which was said to come with 30 days free. We have zero zip nada obligations to pay them more money.
    3. If you don't have more than 14.99 in your bank account (for whatever reason)(I literally mean for whatever reason) then you should put down this freaking video game and get your *** together.
    Options
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All I see is QQ from people that have so little money they probably should be doing something other than playing MMOs.
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Skallolf
    Skallolf
    ✭✭✭
    The real sad thing about this for me is the fact that all I have seen over the last 5 days is a community very much so divided by things that should simply have been avoided.

The plain and simple truth is that people have just spent a rather large sum of money and at no point have they been told that they are immediately required to spend more. As I said before pre-approval is one thing completely different to being charged the full amount of a subscription so soon. A lot of player's are fine with that, and good for them - some people like myself simply cannot afford more right now and have a right to express our displeasure.

I am seeing lots of people who love to chime in and complain about the complainer's, where what they should be doing is questioning whether the company is indeed at fault rather than turning on their fellow player's. One day it may very well be them who feel like they are being unfairly treated.

In my honest opinion a community for a new MMO should not be at each other's throats as much as I have read in this thread, and I think it is sad that Zenimax have allowed issues to slip through the net so soon that have affected the fledgling community so much.
    Options
  • spartycus
    spartycus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really starting to hate zenimax. I didn't have the money on my credit card to authorize it, so I went and sold my xbox 360 to pay for it :(
    Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ao12321 wrote: »
    My thoughts:
    1. They messed up. How on earth they didn't foresee a backlash from this decision is beyond me. So they're either incompetent or jeez I don't even know.
    2. Why on earth do we have to have money in our account? We paid the box price which was said to come with 30 days free. We have zero zip nada obligations to pay them more money.
    3. If you don't have more than 14.99 in your bank account (for whatever reason)(I literally mean for whatever reason) then you should put down this freaking video game and get your *** together.

So my *** isn't together simply because I only get paid once a month? Jesus Christ... :wink:
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options
  • Nymbil
    Nymbil
    ✭✭
    prabab wrote: »
    Phailps wrote: »
    You may not get to start playing as early as you had hoped, but you will still get your free thirty days.
    It's still a terrible business practice. It's a MMORPG game. You know, you kinda aren't supposed to play it alone. Timing is important, getting in sync with friends also.

Well said. Me and my boyfriend both pre ordered to get the rings of mara bonus, and now we won't be able to start the game together. He either has to wait till next month to play too, or start without me because I can't afford the sub till next month. I am on a fixed income and budgeted to pay in May, not April. It said "pre-auth" in everything I read, so I figured $1 at most like most other companies. pulling the whole amount is not a pre-auth.
    Options
  • Skallolf
    Skallolf
    ✭✭✭
    All I see is QQ from people that have so little money they probably should be doing something other than playing MMOs.

Ignorance like this does little for anyone and yet you are free to give your opinion just as much as those who feel cheated are free to give theirs.

Maybe if you do not like what you are reading then you should be doing something other than reading the forums.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    n3philim wrote: »
    I just bought this game with the last of the money I had on my card. So what now?
    Same here and i had to layby it and pay it off, i paid the last $40 on it today, so i have $0 to pay on my subscription, because i thought i had a free month to pay up my subscription, which is exactly how it worked in my last mmo..
    Edited by DanteYoda on 4 April 2014 13:24
    Options
  • Left_Hand
    Left_Hand
    ✭✭✭
    Can i add a time card without setting up this subscription? If i add this timecard does it's 30 days get added to my already included with the box 30 days?
    Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left_Hand wrote: »
    Can i add a time card without setting up this subscription? If i add this timecard does it's 30 days get added to my already included with the box 30 days?

I would be very careful about doing that. My advice would be to talk to a customer support rep beforehand and ask them outright.
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options
  • thingy003
    thingy003
    ✭✭
    Being stuck at work reading these forums I am realising that I don't like people very much :)

The lack of empathy from some quarters and slating of people who don't have the money to cover the authorisation charge for a few days is shocking.

People work very hard for not very much money and deciding to pay for a game as their entertainment and personal time rather than going down the pub and blowing it on booze is not something to be mocked. After all it is there choice. FOr this game to succeed it needs a lot of people with a lot of dedication to continue paying for it. Just because you have lots of money and it isn't a problem doesn't mean the game will survive and you will be able to play it.

Bit of sympathy for some very disappointed people isn't going to kill you.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mlindstrm wrote: »
    Customer support just copy pasted standard responses and asked me what I thought the problem was. I'm on my fifth mail back and forth now and the person I'm speaking to still refuses to understand.
    My English is fine so it can't be that he does not understand me.
    I got the same *** when i tried to get my minipet, after about five tries i gave up, they are just giving you the run around.

Poor service reflects poor companies in my opinion.
    thingy003 wrote: »
    Being stuck at work reading these forums I am realising that I don't like people very much :)

The lack of empathy from some quarters and slating of people who don't have the money to cover the authorisation charge for a few days is shocking.

People work very hard for not very much money and deciding to pay for a game as their entertainment and personal time rather than going down the pub and blowing it on booze is not something to be mocked. After all it is there choice. FOr this game to succeed it needs a lot of people with a lot of dedication to continue paying for it. Just because you have lots of money and it isn't a problem doesn't mean the game will survive and you will be able to play it.

Thank you man i'm glad some one can see the facts, also i wonder how many of those saying that will be going off in six months if the game did go free to play due to all these poor company decisions, it wouldn't be the first game..

Edited by DanteYoda on 4 April 2014 13:37
    Options
  • Skallolf
    Skallolf
    ✭✭✭
    thingy003 wrote: »

I could not agree more.

I am beginning to wonder about whether the community will ever be as good as I had hoped it would be.

Sadly, some of the ignorance banded around on here makes me think not.

Options
  • Nymbil
    Nymbil
    ✭✭
    My thoughts:

WOW! is all I can say to #3. I am disabled and on a fixed income. I only get enough money to cover bills and cover 1 game, my only entertainment expense. I cancelled my LOTRO sub for this game (something I regret now). I don't have cable or any extras like that because disability benefits are next to nill. You are saying I should just give up my one and only "extra" thing because Zenimax is doing something morally and legally wrong? They lied to people. They said they would not charge, but they do and have. You are saying that as a disabled, nearly bed ridden person, who only has 1 game to entertain them, doesn't have their "*** together" and should just sit here with nothing to do? Way to go on not understanding how life works in any way, shape, or form, and on putting down large sectors of the community.
    Options
  • deef85b16_ESO
    deef85b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts:

So my *** isn't together simply because I only get paid once a month? Jesus Christ... :wink:

I don't care if you only get paid once a year. If you don't have 15 bucks in your bank account you've got bigger problems to handle than some video game. Jesus Christ... ;)

In my case it isn't about the money, I've got enough left to pay for the next couple of years. It's the principle that worries me..

And the deafening silence even more.

I've defended this game in a lot of occasions, but even now I think they crossed a line by letting their customers down be it in the case of missing items, empty banks, and lying about the 2 days extra early access time..

And now this payment fiasco..

I don't support bad practices neither should anyone.
    Edited by deef85b16_ESO on 4 April 2014 13:44
    Options
  • Skallolf
    Skallolf
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts:

I don't care if you only get paid once a year. If you don't have 15 bucks in your bank account you've got bigger problems to handle than some video game. Jesus Christ... ;)

Attacking people on low incomes is just rude for the sake of being rude. No amounts of smiley faces can cover that fact.

Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts:

I never asked whether you cared, nor do give a damn, haha. Point is: All my bills are paid in advance, my child is feed and the cupboards are fill, my rent is ahead. If anybody has problems, it's someone else, not me, haha. I am just annoyed that since I pre ordered a while ago, and they have only revealed this now - it is misleading and a dishonest way of doing business. It shouldnt matter if I have that money now, no other MMO charges the full sub for authorization.
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options